Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23823 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 14:00 - Jul 23 with 1328 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 13:50 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow.

We are the second most expensive team to watch in the Premier League. What an absolute joke.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:51]

you could have equally said 'wow, we are the second lowest top season ticket price in the Premier League' though couldn't you???

Incidentally, I believe that our match day tickets are far too high as I have said before. I would like us to take a stand (as a lone voice if necessary) and reduce them to c.£25 - £27 (with a decrease in season prices as well). We'd lose a few million in income but in my mind it would be worth it.

Still doesn't change you trying to deliberately snipe and be provocative though.
£15 for our home friendly on 14:06 - Jul 23 with 1308 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 14:00 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

you could have equally said 'wow, we are the second lowest top season ticket price in the Premier League' though couldn't you???

Incidentally, I believe that our match day tickets are far too high as I have said before. I would like us to take a stand (as a lone voice if necessary) and reduce them to c.£25 - £27 (with a decrease in season prices as well). We'd lose a few million in income but in my mind it would be worth it.

Still doesn't change you trying to deliberately snipe and be provocative though.

You wouldn't be a lone voice, Lisa.

I have been saying for a while, as have many others, that our matchday ticket prices are an absolute joke and a massive insult to our loyal fans. I don't pay them, I refuse to pay them at most away games too. I only attend if I feel the price is reasonable. I'll be having words with Huw at the fans forum providing I am here during the date it is held.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 14:11 - Jul 23 with 1294 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 14:06 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have been saying for a while, as have many others, that our matchday ticket prices are an absolute joke and a massive insult to our loyal fans. I don't pay them, I refuse to pay them at most away games too. I only attend if I feel the price is reasonable. I'll be having words with Huw at the fans forum providing I am here during the date it is held.

I didn't mean I would be a lone voice - I meant the club would be (since we can't seem to persuade any other club to do it as well). I meant even if it put us at a disadvantage against others because of our ticket prices.
£15 for our home friendly on 14:12 - Jul 23 with 1293 viewsNeathJack

£15 for our home friendly on 14:06 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You won't be.
£15 for our home friendly on 14:12 - Jul 23 with 1293 viewsymaohyd

Have to agree with the original poster that once a year so long as we are in the Premier League that a home friendly should cost the fans next to nothing, possibly a free ticket for season ticket holders (of which I am not).

I don't necessarily think that £15 is too much but it also doesn't give a sense of the club giving back to the supporters. I'm sure the club can point to a number of subsidies made towards fans, including season ticket prices being very reasonable. So there are two sides to the argument, but I think just once a season for a pre-season friendly a goodwill gesture could be made.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

£15 for our home friendly on 14:14 - Jul 23 with 1289 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 13:58 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

At £15 for a friendly against one of Spain's top sides I don't see it as being ripped off - anything more than that I would be with you but at £15 the cost feels about right. I'm sure someone will remind me what I paid for the Under 16 ticket for the same game as I cant remember

Away games almost always have a 'sweetener' for the travelling fan and I have already said I would like to see matchday priced reduced but for the Villareal game then I don't see it as overpriced.

Anyone going to Plymouth on Saturday? Whats the cost?

Am i right in thinking you said the same about the Euro prices also? The club and its representatives normally trolley out the same old "reasoning"

Well look what happened then... pathetic attendances as fans are priced out.

I don't care who we are playing, it could be Real Madrid or Bolton - the gesture should be the same - look after the fans and price them in not out.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 14:16 - Jul 23 with 1280 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 14:00 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

There was ample opportunity for people to purchase a ST for (if memory serves me right about) £250 in our last season in championship.

Those who didn't get them and continue renewing after I have no sympathy for.

Either put a couple of quid away each month or get a few mates together and buy a season ticket or 2 between you.

Pay the price for a match day ticket or go and watch Newport County link below

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/tickets/hseason-tickets/

You can sit in the Bisley /Hazell Stand for £95 cheaper than my PL ST.
£15 for our home friendly on 14:19 - Jul 23 with 1268 viewsHubert

Personally, as I reckon this will be the only home game I get to thus season - exiled Jack, non ST holder- I reckon £15 represents excellent vfm
Including my kids and booking fee, £28 for the afternoon is fab, will just be delighted to see the boys in action, kick about or not.

Maybe those of you complaining about the price for this game are bored of seeing the Swans ?

Looking forward to this, and the Argyle game on Sunday
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 14:20 - Jul 23 with 1263 viewsBaptist

£15 for our home friendly on 13:42 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well then that was a nice thing for them to do, although I wish I never attended the Hull game the second I realised what our game plan was.

I still believe they're totally out of touch with the average football fan in Swansea. I wouldn't use the word greedy, but they're definitely out to make as much money as possible without overdoing it. Yes I realise we are a business and that is the nature of a business, but they are run by fans, where is the compassion and understanding towards the rest of the fans?

Didn't you say somewhere "I would vote Conservative" very recently ?

Then surely, as a champion of the freeest of free markets, and every man for himself economics, I thought you'd be in a position to fully endorse this idea ?

Surely, one cannot get in the way of the pure science of supply and demand and its influence on pricing ??

Make your mind up ffs !!
£15 for our home friendly on 14:24 - Jul 23 with 1251 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 14:14 - Jul 23 by _

Am i right in thinking you said the same about the Euro prices also? The club and its representatives normally trolley out the same old "reasoning"

Well look what happened then... pathetic attendances as fans are priced out.

I don't care who we are playing, it could be Real Madrid or Bolton - the gesture should be the same - look after the fans and price them in not out.

The Euro prices? Nope they were overpriced and could have been sold as part of a deal
£15 for our home friendly on 14:30 - Jul 23 with 1239 viewsSweyns_Eye

What is wrong with the club making a profit?

Whilst I agree to some extent that maybe the club could do more for the fans, season ticket holders already have the opportunity to save on match prices due to the price of the ST. They are also guaranteed a seat, something not available to the walk up fans who now find themselves down the pecking order due to supply and demand of available seats. Funny though that when the club is in the early stages of the League or FA Cup against some unattractive minnow of a club, we struggle to get crowds over 15,000.

For those who grumble about cost, some people simply can't afford to attend anyway. There will also be those including some who have posted on this thread already, who have moaned in the past about the club seemingly not digging deep enough into the club coffers to sign players.

People like T2C and Dwight never have a good word to say about the club or the way its run. You have the opportunity to attend the next fans forum and give your point of view directly to Huw Jenkins. I hope you can attend, since you seem to care enough. Or is it a case that its easy to rant from behind a keyboard but when it comes to making a commitment you can find an excuse from real life why you won't?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

£15 for our home friendly on 14:44 - Jul 23 with 1209 viewsMattG

Could the Club have priced this game lower? Yes.

Is £15 a ticket a rip-off? No.

As a bit of perspective, this is our last pre-season game (and should, therefore, be a bit more than just "a kick about in the sun"), it's our only home pre-season game and is against the team that finished 6th in La Liga last season.

£15 mind.
£15 for our home friendly on 14:56 - Jul 23 with 1184 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 14:24 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

The Euro prices? Nope they were overpriced and could have been sold as part of a deal

Think they were. Not exactly generously, or to all, but I definitely bought the bundle. Not quite the TFTPOT of recently but think there was a modest if inadequate reduction.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 1154 viewsJackhero

There seems to be a split in opinions here. I'm still of the opinion that the club have got this wrong, even after reading some reasoned answers, but to expect anything but the party line answer before this match from the trust would be silly. Hindsight they say is a wonderful thing, but how easily it is forgotten when previous pricing mistakes it seems have not been heeded.
I know nobody is forcing anyone to go, but the club are hardly making it easy for the less well off to attend matches like this. I already pay for 3 season tickets and I am a savvy saver and make sure I have the cash to do this every year, but I'm finding harder to stomach when poor decisions like this are made.
It seems every year there is some issue or other with pricing/tickets/merchandise etc yet nothing seems to be improved. Who is responsible? Who is accountable? I don't see any sackings or replacements on the board.
As is repeated over and over. Professional on the pitch amateurs off it.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

£15 for our home friendly on 15:08 - Jul 23 with 1151 viewsDafyddHuw

...meanwhile, Stoke are paying for all coaches to all away matches next season.
£15 for our home friendly on 15:09 - Jul 23 with 1145 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 15:08 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

...meanwhile, Stoke are paying for all coaches to all away matches next season.

That's only official coaches though which a lot of people don't travel on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 1126 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 15:09 - Jul 23 by Darran

If we did that I would winge like a few of the bitches on here ....
£15 for our home friendly on 15:25 - Jul 23 with 1104 viewsDafyddHuw

£15 for our home friendly on 15:09 - Jul 23 by Darran

Yeah, but they're still giving you the opportunity to travel to all away matches for free.

Then you've no reason to complain if you choose not to take up their offer.

At least the club have made the gesture.
£15 for our home friendly on 15:32 - Jul 23 with 1085 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 15:25 - Jul 23 by DafyddHuw

Yeah, but they're still giving you the opportunity to travel to all away matches for free.

Yeah but you know what some people are like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 1067 viewsLe_Swans

Doesn't help exiles travelling to away games though, our club are at least trying to pass any discounts / incentives to all that go away not a select few.
£15 for our home friendly on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 1054 viewsPhil_S

And as discussed on here yesterday the freebies we gave away last season were more of a gesture at more cost to the club

They are not giving all fans the chance to benefit, we do which is much much better
£15 for our home friendly on 15:55 - Jul 23 with 1029 viewslonglostjack

£15 for our home friendly on 14:20 - Jul 23 by Baptist

Didn't you say somewhere "I would vote Conservative" very recently ?

Then surely, as a champion of the freeest of free markets, and every man for himself economics, I thought you'd be in a position to fully endorse this idea ?

Surely, one cannot get in the way of the pure science of supply and demand and its influence on pricing ??

Make your mind up ffs !!

You got there before me !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£15 for our home friendly on 16:00 - Jul 23 with 1022 viewsSwanjaxs

Well my mate who works up the DVLA was delighted with the way the euro tickets were handled last season! " won't cost me a penny, and it beats watching EastEnders with the missus " was his exact words!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

£15 for our home friendly on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 998 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 14:16 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

There was ample opportunity for people to purchase a ST for (if memory serves me right about) £250 in our last season in championship.

Those who didn't get them and continue renewing after I have no sympathy for.

Either put a couple of quid away each month or get a few mates together and buy a season ticket or 2 between you.

Pay the price for a match day ticket or go and watch Newport County link below

http://www.newport-county.co.uk/tickets/hseason-tickets/

You can sit in the Bisley /Hazell Stand for £95 cheaper than my PL ST.

I don't disagree with the 'you could have got season tickets' argument as a general principle (we have 6 or 7 of them that we've had since the first season in the Liberty and have renewed ever since) so not complaining about that and they are good value (great value actually) and guarantee seats.

But, this is now the fourth season in the premier league and some people haven't been able to be season ticket holders for 5 years (eg. their kids were too young then, or they used to be in the family stand with their kids who are now 18 rather than 13 or whatever). It's been much harder to get season tickets as a 'new' person so they are in some ways forced to get matchday tickets. And some people who live a long way away, just can't justify getting a season (I don't get to many home matches, more away, because of distance and work but because we have a bunch of them as a group, it's fine since different people use them depending on circumstances).
£15 for our home friendly on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 964 viewsBanosswan

£15 for our home friendly on 13:50 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow.

We are the second most expensive team to watch in the Premier League. What an absolute joke.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:51]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699859/Gary-Lineker-Premier-L

?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024