Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23886 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 17:40 - Jul 24 with 647 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 17:34 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I, and everyone else here I imagine, know what a conflict of interest is but you didn't say that there was a potential conflict of interest albeit that one couldn't know whether that conflict actually existed without knowing the facts.

You said, and I quote, 'that he was operating under a clear conflict of interest with his obligations to the Trust is simply not in doubt'.

You did not say that circumstances as you were aware of them would suggest that he potentially had a conflict of interest (all that you possibly could state from the facts that you have to hand), or even that he actually had a conflict (which you don't know because you don't know if any of the so called multiple interests could have possibly corrupted the motivation (to quote from your favourite wiki below) .
You said instead that there was no doubt he operated under that conflict. How do you know that? How do you know he didn't recuse himself from any discussion on the topic. How do you know that his actions were in any way a conflict with his obligations to the Trust. How do you know for that matter what exactly his obligations to the Trust were?

I'm ignoring the 'ignorant lying bit' Shaky - you obviously have no ability to converse as a grown up.

You simply don't understand what a conflict of interest means.

"Conflict of interest"

and;

"Potential conflict of interest "

and;

"Operating under a conflict of interest"

all have identical meanings in English, and none of them imply any wrongdoing.

Dear me, this is like talking to a child.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15 for our home friendly on 17:41 - Jul 24 with 641 viewsSwanseajill

£15 for our home friendly on 17:22 - Jul 24 by raynor94

I do admire the way you keep getting up off the canvas, but you are one big pain in the arse

Ignore button Raynor? It does confuse the thread though.

All this aggression towards the Trust...we should embrace a Vincent Tan type, that'll give the moaners some ammunition during the closed season.
£15 for our home friendly on 17:43 - Jul 24 with 629 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 17:39 - Jul 24 by Darran

Go on answer then today not by PM like you did the last time.

How many times you been to the Vetch?
How many times you been to the Liberty?
How many times have you seen us play live? (Not on internet)
How much money has your love of Swansea City cost you?

1-3: 0
4. Hard to say. I have certainly watched most games last season and the season before and my time naturally has an opportunity cost so a significant amount is the answer.

Now kindly print this out so you may refer to it later, as if that were necessary.

Actually can I seriously suggest you download a copy of Evernote so you can better keep tabs of things. I use it for all sorts of things, very handy indeed.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 17:44 - Jul 24 with 627 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 17:21 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

There was a clear conflict of interest which is why he was stood down from the Trust after purchasing those shares. That's not libellous in the slightest.

Independence is key IMO and I'd say it exists today. True there are a couple of trust board members with a professional involvement there but as far as I'm aware that predates their Trust involvement and from what I've seen it doesn't compromise their objectivity. Ideal world there'd be no crossover IMO but frankly if no one else is standing then what can be done?

The implication was that he operated under a conflict before he stepped down from the trust not afterwards (because once he stepped down there was no obligation to the trust). There would indeed have been a conflict if he had remained as supporters' director and had his own shares. That's not the point that was made.
£15 for our home friendly on 17:45 - Jul 24 with 621 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 17:41 - Jul 24 by Swanseajill

Ignore button Raynor? It does confuse the thread though.

All this aggression towards the Trust...we should embrace a Vincent Tan type, that'll give the moaners some ammunition during the closed season.

What a pathetic and childish comment.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 17:46 - Jul 24 with 620 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 17:33 - Jul 24 by _

What exactly is the point in you?

Apart from spending your whole existence on here with your embarrassing comments what else do you do? You have to get involved in every thread, even ones you have no clue about and usually spout off the same bollox you've always done.

Fack off mun...

Why don't you tweet Lee and make your feelings known it hasn't stopped you tweeting him when you were in the bum for tickets in the past.

Go on hard man.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 17:48 - Jul 24 with 614 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 17:43 - Jul 24 by Shaky

4. Hard to say. I have certainly watched most games last season and the season before and my time naturally has an opportunity cost so a significant amount is the answer.

Now kindly print this out so you may refer to it later, as if that were necessary.

Actually can I seriously suggest you download a copy of Evernote so you can better keep tabs of things. I use it for all sorts of things, very handy indeed.

Lisa can you also answer
£15 for our home friendly on 17:49 - Jul 24 with 613 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 17:40 - Jul 24 by Shaky

You simply don't understand what a conflict of interest means.

"Conflict of interest"

and;

"Potential conflict of interest "

and;

"Operating under a conflict of interest"

all have identical meanings in English, and none of them imply any wrongdoing.

Dear me, this is like talking to a child.

oh I forgot, you are getting your knowledge on this from wikipedia so you are obviously in the position of authority.

lol
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 17:50 - Jul 24 with 606 viewsraynor94

£15 for our home friendly on 17:45 - Jul 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What a pathetic and childish comment.

Now that is rich coming from you, roll on the fans forum

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£15 for our home friendly on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 603 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 17:30 - Jul 24 by _

I totally agree And.

But if the Trust's positions are now merely a stepping stone for personal kudos or financial gain, what's the point in it?

Ten pin bowling...!?

Don't the trust collect money from dividends.. in the aim of buying more shares?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 603 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 17:49 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

oh I forgot, you are getting your knowledge on this from wikipedia so you are obviously in the position of authority.

lol

It is funny you should say that since I have already proved beyond any reasonable doubt that you have ripped off incorrect information almost verbatim from Wikipedia.

It's getting late in Moscow now; I'd call it a day and have a lie down if I were you. Seriously.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 601 viewslondonlisa2001

why does your time have an opportunity cost? You've already told everyone (at great length) that you spend your time 'pissing around' now (you must keep remembering that you said that Shaky - you slipped up just a week or so ago as well when you told some that you were 'entitled to a lunch break' - or did you mean a lunch break from pissing around).

lol
£15 for our home friendly on 17:54 - Jul 24 with 592 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 17:52 - Jul 24 by Shaky

It is funny you should say that since I have already proved beyond any reasonable doubt that you have ripped off incorrect information almost verbatim from Wikipedia.

It's getting late in Moscow now; I'd call it a day and have a lie down if I were you. Seriously.

I'm in Kensington matey - it's where I live and it's 17.54
£15 for our home friendly on 17:58 - Jul 24 with 574 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 17:44 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

The implication was that he operated under a conflict before he stepped down from the trust not afterwards (because once he stepped down there was no obligation to the trust). There would indeed have been a conflict if he had remained as supporters' director and had his own shares. That's not the point that was made.

I'm not quite sure what argument you're making there, Lisa.

There was a conflict. The situation that arose was, in my view, completely indefensible. But, it was 10 years ago now and has been done to death. The world moves on.
£15 for our home friendly on 17:59 - Jul 24 with 569 viewsDarran

Big fan then.

£15 for our home friendly on 18:01 - Jul 24 with 561 viewsJackfath

I confess to not being an expert on the in and outs of all this. However what is plainly evident is there seems to be a few people who feel there are some extremely interesting points which need clarifying.

Other seem to be suggesting these people are simply trying to rock the apple cart.

Surely questioning and debate is healthy and seeing as we have a suporters trust with representatives on the board, as fans deserve answers to even the most tricky of questions.

But then again, what do i know, I am just a subtle troll.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

£15 for our home friendly on 18:03 - Jul 24 with 553 viewsApeShit

£15 for our home friendly on 18:01 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

I confess to not being an expert on the in and outs of all this. However what is plainly evident is there seems to be a few people who feel there are some extremely interesting points which need clarifying.

Other seem to be suggesting these people are simply trying to rock the apple cart.

Surely questioning and debate is healthy and seeing as we have a suporters trust with representatives on the board, as fans deserve answers to even the most tricky of questions.

Great post.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:06 - Jul 24 with 538 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 18:01 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

It's obvious the representatives will keep quiet.. they've all been dipping into it the b*stards

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 18:07 - Jul 24 with 533 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 17:48 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Lisa can you also answer

God - I don't know.

every game from the 1976/1977 season on to 1985 (season ticket in the double decker and including such delights as Red Star Belgrade friendlies etc all the ups and all the downs...). Then college so as many as I could,all during holidays, then after college lived in London so probably about 10-15 home games every year and 8-10 aways (slightly less during the Sousa season because I lost the will to live).

Obviously at all the biggies as well - play offs, last game at the Vetch (league and actual), first game at the Lib (Fulham friendly / Curtis testimonial game), at least one pre season friendly at Lib each season (only been 1 of course for the past couple of years). All the big cup games (I include things such as away at Wycombe in the play offs for the whatever the hell it was called cup in those days as a biggie) - all Millennium / Wembley games (old & new - bastard Northampton, good old Michael Howard :-) ).

Certainly hundreds and hundreds of games and thousands and thousands of pounds (actual pounds, not joking 'my time is worth money' pounds). Bizarrely, the game I didn't go to was the Hull game :( I was away with work in the US and just couldn't get out of it. that game cost me the most money though as I was on the phone to my Mum (my Dad was at the Vetch) getting score updates live from the radio.

Good days :-)
£15 for our home friendly on 18:08 - Jul 24 with 531 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 16:53 - Jul 24 by _

Read it again THICKO and take your time next time... (pay close attention to the highlighted "NEW" bit....)

ps you're embarrassing yourself... (sshh)

Haha and wasn't it you who was shouting out that we should read the book or something... Dear me....

Ha ha. The 'new' swansea city was formed by the consortium. Thats why it has 2002 in its name and it owns the shares of the old swansea city. Bought from petty, yes you guessed it, in 2002.
So that statement from the trust says that his family owned shares in that newly formed company bought at the same rate as the others i guess. Do you perhaps think it was asked for as they didnt have enough money to pay out the cva which was critical to allow the club to stay in the football league. ? You werent there fighting the cause were you so you dont really know do you ?
£15 for our home friendly on 18:11 - Jul 24 with 519 viewsStarsky

£15 for our home friendly on 17:48 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Lisa can you also answer

Feck me. You are Sid James and I claim my £5.

It's just the internet, init.

£15 for our home friendly on 18:12 - Jul 24 with 515 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 18:08 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

Ha ha. The 'new' swansea city was formed by the consortium. Thats why it has 2002 in its name and it owns the shares of the old swansea city. Bought from petty, yes you guessed it, in 2002.
So that statement from the trust says that his family owned shares in that newly formed company bought at the same rate as the others i guess. Do you perhaps think it was asked for as they didnt have enough money to pay out the cva which was critical to allow the club to stay in the football league. ? You werent there fighting the cause were you so you dont really know do you ?

Brilliant.

£15 for our home friendly on 18:13 - Jul 24 with 507 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 18:08 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

But not at the same time.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:13 - Jul 24 with 502 viewsCatullus

So you have never been to a home game. Your only financial input has been in "opportunity cost" and you consider yourself a fan?
Do you, or did you ever, live locally? But then we have fans living abroad who make the effort so why does that matter!

I think I'll register on a spartak Moscow forum and start moaning. But then, I've actually been there.

And the words "scope for financial skullduggery" were used in a way that, to me, is a direct accusation of impropriety.
Also, saying there is potential for something is different to a flat out accusation.
But what do I know. I've missed around 50 home games in the last 40 years and been to 61 away grounds. I probably don't have the right to an opinion.
Never the less, Shaky, opportunity cost is a bullsh!t phrase for a non supporting serial moaner with no real connection to the club I love.
I have spent tens of thousands following my club and that's not including any "opportunity costs"

Unbelievable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 18:16 - Jul 24 with 489 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 18:13 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

But not at the same time.

Do you know what Dineen paid and when he paid it?

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024