Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23887 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 18:19 - Jul 24 with 651 viewsCatullus

£15 for our home friendly on 18:16 - Jul 24 by Shaky

Do you know what Dineen paid and when he paid it?

Go to a forum and ask him. Oh, I just remembered, you don't go near our home ground.
Email the club and ask him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 18:20 - Jul 24 with 649 viewsjackonicko

Yes.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:22 - Jul 24 with 635 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 18:20 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

Yes.

Yes.. . but your not telling until I say pretty please?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15 for our home friendly on 18:23 - Jul 24 with 632 viewsMoscowJack

Does anyone else think Shaky is "Jeff Reading"?

Neither have seen the Swans. Ever.

Neither have been to the Vetch or Liberty.

Neither have spent a real penny on the Swans.

Neither are ever wrong, in their eyes.

Both use Google to pretend that they know more than Google.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

£15 for our home friendly on 18:35 - Jul 24 with 609 viewsouttolunch

Yes i do to a certain extent. He paid £1 a share the same as everybody else and his family bought 50,000 shares in total the same as some others - jvz, davies, nurse, trust all subscribed to 50000. What i am uncertain is when but i think he was allowed time to purchase the 50000 the same as the trust was. Ie they subscribed to buy and had time to pay as and when the club needed money or the trust had raised it. Did ypu know swansea existed in 2002 btw ?
£15 for our home friendly on 18:35 - Jul 24 with 613 viewsperchrockjack

I honestly believe chrissy should form a consortium of valley millionaires and put right the pathetic happenings of late.

Open to all opinions but questioning the people who have done a sterling job of steering our club from the abyss is kuntable behaviour.

Who would you have in charge chrissy.

Should they report to you as you are always right, super fan and have a feckoff big plan.

FRankly, Im not sure why any of our directors bother with us .

Its fo these reasons an outside investor would be that bad ,maybe. It would at least put an end to this welsh habit of stabbing each other in the back-on line.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 18:37 - Jul 24 with 607 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 18:35 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

I honestly believe chrissy should form a consortium of valley millionaires and put right the pathetic happenings of late.

Open to all opinions but questioning the people who have done a sterling job of steering our club from the abyss is kuntable behaviour.

Who would you have in charge chrissy.

Should they report to you as you are always right, super fan and have a feckoff big plan.

FRankly, Im not sure why any of our directors bother with us .

Its fo these reasons an outside investor would be that bad ,maybe. It would at least put an end to this welsh habit of stabbing each other in the back-on line.

That's a great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 18:38 - Jul 24 with 600 viewsPhil_S

As a genuine question wouldn't the records at company house show when the shares were purchased?
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 18:39 - Jul 24 with 597 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 18:35 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

Yes i do to a certain extent. He paid £1 a share the same as everybody else and his family bought 50,000 shares in total the same as some others - jvz, davies, nurse, trust all subscribed to 50000. What i am uncertain is when but i think he was allowed time to purchase the 50000 the same as the trust was. Ie they subscribed to buy and had time to pay as and when the club needed money or the trust had raised it. Did ypu know swansea existed in 2002 btw ?

Well thank you.

We appear to disagree, but you can at least act like a grown up. Do you know when this happened?

As for Swansea anno 2002 -- I knew DVLA was there.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 587 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 18:19 - Jul 24 by Catullus

Go to a forum and ask him. Oh, I just remembered, you don't go near our home ground.
Email the club and ask him.

Try tweeting him as well.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:42 - Jul 24 with 587 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 17:58 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

I'm not quite sure what argument you're making there, Lisa.

There was a conflict. The situation that arose was, in my view, completely indefensible. But, it was 10 years ago now and has been done to death. The world moves on.

I'll explain for the final time and then I'm not going to any longer because I'm bored of all this shit stirring.

There was a conflict once Leigh Dineen owned shares himself - recognised by all and sundry and solved by stepping down as supporters' director.

Shaky stated categorically that Leigh operated under a conflict with his obligation to the Trust (ie. before the stepping down and therefore while he was a supporters' director because once he stepped down from that position he had no obligations to the trust and therefore it must have been the period beforehand that Shaky alludes to). I stated that he was not in a position to know that and that while I agreed that questioning etc is healthy, just accusing people of stuff without foundation is not. Simple as that.

You all must know right that Shaky is just a Laudrup fanboy. I mean hasn't it been apparent for quite some time now and equally apparent that all this is just deliberately stirring up crap against the club because of it. Can't believe any actual Swans fans are going along with it all.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:46 - Jul 24 with 575 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 18:38 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

As a genuine question wouldn't the records at company house show when the shares were purchased?

Yes, but it is far simpler if somebody with the information to hand acts like he or she is over the age of 12 and divulges the information.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 18:50 - Jul 24 with 561 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 18:46 - Jul 24 by Shaky

Yes, but it is far simpler if somebody with the information to hand acts like he or she is over the age of 12 and divulges the information.

Here's a genuine question for you.

Why are you so interested in dissing the trust and directors of our club?

Serious question.

£15 for our home friendly on 18:53 - Jul 24 with 552 viewsPhil_S

Can I clarify a few points regards our current supporter director

He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with

Chris (T2C) has mentioned before that others have interests within the club on the Trust board and cites myself and Jim (White) as part of this for the website. I can't speak for Jim but anything I know as part of my role within the Trust does not find its way on here - what I write on here is my personal opinion.

Occasionally (as I think I have on this thread) I will answer in my capacity as Trust chair but to most they can see the difference between my opinion and the Trust viewpoint

The criticism about beating our drum I take on the chin and we always aim to improve that but most of the time it isn't for any reason other than a sheer lack of time which is a piss poor excuse but sadly the day job gets in the way of many things.

Huw (to my memory) has been Supporter Director since 2006 which was the same year I took over as Trust Chair (my first duty was to oversee the vote to elect HUw which was taken by the Trust board that day with the meeting being in the boardroom at the Liberty (or the old boardroom which I think is now the Chairman's office)

Each year we hold an election where people can stand for the Trust board (this year's has just passed) and every August we re elect as a board the positions of Chairman, Treasurer, Associate Director and Secretary and every two years we re-elect the position of Supporter Director (we do this on a two year term because that is our agreement with the football club to ensure as much continuity as we can for the club board)

Any standard member can stand for election to the Trust board, all Trust board members who have served for one year are entitled to stand for the position of Chairman, Treasurer, Associate Director and Secretary. THese positions (as with the Supporter Director one) are elected by the Trust board.

Finally, the position of Vice Chairman is the choice of the Chairman and not voted for by the Trust Board.

As for the Leigh position and his family's shares, this has been done to death on here and preceded my time but jackonicko I know feels strongly about this and is my voice of knowledge on this subject as it happened at a time when I paid little attention to happenings at the Trust for a variety of personal reasons that I won't bore anyone with (mainly because they now bore me!)
£15 for our home friendly on 18:54 - Jul 24 with 546 viewsperchrockjack

just want to add this for chrissy.You been quiet on here for some months but apart from a few posts its not been tooo bad.
You come back and are immediately in poison mode. Utterly up yourown arse.Utterly unable to be civil witLOVE THE sWANSh anyone unless they are acolytes of yours.

Love the Swans and you come up with this shuite.

We ve had shuite on the pitch players like VASQUEZ who were abject and cowards, but there weren't to be criticised by anyone unless you thought they deserved it.

Fans argue and bitch but make up.
Christ,PROSS AND I have been at it big time but in no way does he deserve this gutless cowardly personal attacks on him.He has more balls than you d ever see in your lifetime.

Ive had many spats on here but I bear no malice with anyone really. With you its ,I believe , meant with malelolence and the way you abused DAVILLON months ago showed you in a poor light.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 18:55 - Jul 24 with 544 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 18:46 - Jul 24 by Shaky

It seems pointless as someone with your background would just do a quick company search and get the answers you so desire

It will also show you the dates at which the Trust purchased our various share purchases (all of which cost £1)

Alternatively, maybe you would like to add to your bookshelf with a copy of "From Graveyard to Ambition" which tells you the whole story in great detail.

I am even happy to give you 50% discount if you so wish
£15 for our home friendly on 18:58 - Jul 24 with 537 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 18:42 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I'll explain for the final time and then I'm not going to any longer because I'm bored of all this shit stirring.

There was a conflict once Leigh Dineen owned shares himself - recognised by all and sundry and solved by stepping down as supporters' director.

Shaky stated categorically that Leigh operated under a conflict with his obligation to the Trust (ie. before the stepping down and therefore while he was a supporters' director because once he stepped down from that position he had no obligations to the trust and therefore it must have been the period beforehand that Shaky alludes to). I stated that he was not in a position to know that and that while I agreed that questioning etc is healthy, just accusing people of stuff without foundation is not. Simple as that.

You all must know right that Shaky is just a Laudrup fanboy. I mean hasn't it been apparent for quite some time now and equally apparent that all this is just deliberately stirring up crap against the club because of it. Can't believe any actual Swans fans are going along with it all.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound antagonistic. I wasn't being, I just didn't follow your train of thought there.

I don't agree with the precise line of your argument though. There was a conflict (in my view) and it was *because* a conflict arose - that shouldn't have been allowed to happen - that the SD changed. Not the trust's or the club's finest hour. The issue doesn't just go away because of the rotation. However, I am very confident that the situation would not happen again under Phil and HCs stewardship.

And Shaky, it's not about being 12. It's about the fact that this was a long time ago. Your posting record is such that I can't bear the thought of reams of google research that will inevitably follow if you have that information. We've done it to death on here, and on jackarmy.net and it doesn't bear repetition. And certainly not your sort of repetition.

Outtolunch's version of events is slightly revisionary IMHO but there you go.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:03 - Jul 24 with 525 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 18:54 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

just want to add this for chrissy.You been quiet on here for some months but apart from a few posts its not been tooo bad.
You come back and are immediately in poison mode. Utterly up yourown arse.Utterly unable to be civil witLOVE THE sWANSh anyone unless they are acolytes of yours.

Love the Swans and you come up with this shuite.

We ve had shuite on the pitch players like VASQUEZ who were abject and cowards, but there weren't to be criticised by anyone unless you thought they deserved it.

Fans argue and bitch but make up.
Christ,PROSS AND I have been at it big time but in no way does he deserve this gutless cowardly personal attacks on him.He has more balls than you d ever see in your lifetime.

Ive had many spats on here but I bear no malice with anyone really. With you its ,I believe , meant with malelolence and the way you abused DAVILLON months ago showed you in a poor light.

He's a poisonous c*nt that's for sure.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:11 - Jul 24 with 505 viewsJackfath

Last time he was around here he got Mr Sumbler to alter the layout of the board as he wasn't happy with it.

I think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:13 - Jul 24 with 501 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 19:11 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

Last time he was around here he got Mr Sumbler to alter the layout of the board as he wasn't happy with it.

I think.

He should be banned for life if he has any part in relocating to this layout / new site.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:13 - Jul 24 with 502 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 18:58 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound antagonistic. I wasn't being, I just didn't follow your train of thought there.

I don't agree with the precise line of your argument though. There was a conflict (in my view) and it was *because* a conflict arose - that shouldn't have been allowed to happen - that the SD changed. Not the trust's or the club's finest hour. The issue doesn't just go away because of the rotation. However, I am very confident that the situation would not happen again under Phil and HCs stewardship.

And Shaky, it's not about being 12. It's about the fact that this was a long time ago. Your posting record is such that I can't bear the thought of reams of google research that will inevitably follow if you have that information. We've done it to death on here, and on jackarmy.net and it doesn't bear repetition. And certainly not your sort of repetition.

Outtolunch's version of events is slightly revisionary IMHO but there you go.

I am definitely sounding antagonistic - it is not at you however, it is simply because I'm fed up with the accusations . insults etc etc all of which are coming from one place in an attempt to stir and for reason that have been very obvious for quite some time.

I agree with your summary - I remember it all very very well. My only issue is in the wild accusations completely without foundation (Shaky was, although he may well try to deny it now to save himself looking stupid, talking about positions being abused in order to buy shares in the first place - not afterwards when there was obviously a change necessary). If you had made the point or Warwick etc then fair enough - I know that Warwick was around (since I know who he is) and would assume that you were as well (although obviously I don't know who you are) and therefore there was some substance.
In Shaky's case, he is literally flinging mud everywhere to see what will stick - it's been going on for ages which is why I make such a point of correcting his crap on here. It's so obvious and has been for a while and I am sick of it because his motivation is nothing but bad for the club. I know it's to do with Laudrup although whether there is any connection other than fan boy who knows.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:13 - Jul 24 with 499 viewsraynor94

£15 for our home friendly on 18:23 - Jul 24 by MoscowJack

Does anyone else think Shaky is "Jeff Reading"?

Neither have seen the Swans. Ever.

Neither have been to the Vetch or Liberty.

Neither have spent a real penny on the Swans.

Neither are ever wrong, in their eyes.

Both use Google to pretend that they know more than Google.

I think you make a very valid point, they are both a pain in the arse!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£15 for our home friendly on 19:14 - Jul 24 with 496 viewsPhil_S

Who is "Jeff Reading"?
£15 for our home friendly on 19:14 - Jul 24 with 493 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 18:53 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Can I clarify a few points regards our current supporter director

He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with

Chris (T2C) has mentioned before that others have interests within the club on the Trust board and cites myself and Jim (White) as part of this for the website. I can't speak for Jim but anything I know as part of my role within the Trust does not find its way on here - what I write on here is my personal opinion.

Occasionally (as I think I have on this thread) I will answer in my capacity as Trust chair but to most they can see the difference between my opinion and the Trust viewpoint

The criticism about beating our drum I take on the chin and we always aim to improve that but most of the time it isn't for any reason other than a sheer lack of time which is a piss poor excuse but sadly the day job gets in the way of many things.

Huw (to my memory) has been Supporter Director since 2006 which was the same year I took over as Trust Chair (my first duty was to oversee the vote to elect HUw which was taken by the Trust board that day with the meeting being in the boardroom at the Liberty (or the old boardroom which I think is now the Chairman's office)

Each year we hold an election where people can stand for the Trust board (this year's has just passed) and every August we re elect as a board the positions of Chairman, Treasurer, Associate Director and Secretary and every two years we re-elect the position of Supporter Director (we do this on a two year term because that is our agreement with the football club to ensure as much continuity as we can for the club board)

Any standard member can stand for election to the Trust board, all Trust board members who have served for one year are entitled to stand for the position of Chairman, Treasurer, Associate Director and Secretary. THese positions (as with the Supporter Director one) are elected by the Trust board.

Finally, the position of Vice Chairman is the choice of the Chairman and not voted for by the Trust Board.

As for the Leigh position and his family's shares, this has been done to death on here and preceded my time but jackonicko I know feels strongly about this and is my voice of knowledge on this subject as it happened at a time when I paid little attention to happenings at the Trust for a variety of personal reasons that I won't bore anyone with (mainly because they now bore me!)

""He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with ""

Really??

I have a lot of time for you and Jim, known you both personally for years. You are both thoroughly good people who adore the Swans.

It's not that. Like Ux said, in the ideal world no Trust member would have any personal financial interest in the Club and therefore no one would ever think of conflicts of interest.

It's just when mistakes are repeated season on season; when nothing seems to have been learned from outrages on fans forums etc; when there is an ever-widening gap between fan and owner; when fans (not all) feel they are shouting but not getting heard.....

Then....

Then I wouldn't want someone who has a contract with the club for printing programmes going into bat for me; or anyone else for that matter that relies in some way or other, no matter how big or small, on being personally financially disadvantaged by ruffling some feathers.

It's unfortunately inevitable however, that anyone that does get to the heady heights of trust director will get close to the board themselves.

Its handy isn't it... get the news first, good for business, great tickets, directors privileges. All great until Joe Bloggs up the Hafod can't get to games because of the sheer greed involved.

And it is greed now.

The Bayern Munich President came out with comments relating to the good value versus bad value in Germany and England, which was the catalyst for me starting this thread. Gary Lineker also tweeted something along the lines of "pure football avarice" and with the TV deal clubs get, this is basically taking the pi55.

It would be good kudos all round; not just from a business perspective which in the long run will benefit greatly, that i'm sure, but also from the perspective of bringing fan and owner close together again. Which in fairness is why we have a Trust in the first place.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 19:17 - Jul 24 with 486 viewsJackfath

£15 for our home friendly on 19:14 - Jul 24 by _

""He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with ""

Really??

I have a lot of time for you and Jim, known you both personally for years. You are both thoroughly good people who adore the Swans.

It's not that. Like Ux said, in the ideal world no Trust member would have any personal financial interest in the Club and therefore no one would ever think of conflicts of interest.

It's just when mistakes are repeated season on season; when nothing seems to have been learned from outrages on fans forums etc; when there is an ever-widening gap between fan and owner; when fans (not all) feel they are shouting but not getting heard.....

Then....

Then I wouldn't want someone who has a contract with the club for printing programmes going into bat for me; or anyone else for that matter that relies in some way or other, no matter how big or small, on being personally financially disadvantaged by ruffling some feathers.

It's unfortunately inevitable however, that anyone that does get to the heady heights of trust director will get close to the board themselves.

Its handy isn't it... get the news first, good for business, great tickets, directors privileges. All great until Joe Bloggs up the Hafod can't get to games because of the sheer greed involved.

And it is greed now.

The Bayern Munich President came out with comments relating to the good value versus bad value in Germany and England, which was the catalyst for me starting this thread. Gary Lineker also tweeted something along the lines of "pure football avarice" and with the TV deal clubs get, this is basically taking the pi55.

It would be good kudos all round; not just from a business perspective which in the long run will benefit greatly, that i'm sure, but also from the perspective of bringing fan and owner close together again. Which in fairness is why we have a Trust in the first place.

Have you thought of standing for election within the Trust?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024