Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23928 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 19:18 - Jul 24 with 646 viewsNeath_Jack

Phil, is the natural progression for you to move up to the Supporters Director role at some point?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:20 - Jul 24 with 640 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Well I don't know about everyone else but I've learnt some new information / knowledge from this thread. Some parts were very interesting and I'm sure I'll refer to them in the future. Thank you to all involved.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:21 - Jul 24 with 636 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 17:30 - Jul 24 by _

I totally agree And.

But if the Trust's positions are now merely a stepping stone for personal kudos or financial gain, what's the point in it?

Ten pin bowling...!?

If that was the case, I would agree and it would be a cause of great regret. However, knowing the players who that charge of professional gain could conceivably be levied, and there's only two I know have any business dealings with the club, I've seen no evidence to see that's the case. As for personal kudos, a subjective charge and one I try not to speculate on.

Always vigilant of course but I think the issues are ones of perception and with greater communication and engagement as said by others on all sides of argument this could be easily resolved.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:21 - Jul 24 with 634 viewsThursday

Good grief. Since when did spending money on something dictate whether you can consider yourself a fan? Conflict of interest? That's fncking semantics for you.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:23 - Jul 24 with 621 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 19:21 - Jul 24 by Thursday

Good grief. Since when did spending money on something dictate whether you can consider yourself a fan? Conflict of interest? That's fncking semantics for you.

In Shakys case it's very relevant because he isn't a Swans fan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 19:24 - Jul 24 with 617 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 19:17 - Jul 24 by Jackfath

Have you thought of standing for election within the Trust?

There should be an immediate suspension of posting rights for people that write this. It really boils my piss.

So many of the trust sacrifice huge amounts of personal time and huge kudos to all of them. All of them. But to say you can't ask questions unless you stand for the trust is fatuous. I know I can't give up that amount of time, but that doesn't and shouldn't stop me having an opinion.

Rather than post that, why don't you tell me what you think is *wrong* in what he says? I agree with about 90% of it. I don't agree with the sweeping comments about greed but a lot of that is a fair POV.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:26 - Jul 24 with 603 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 18:58 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound antagonistic. I wasn't being, I just didn't follow your train of thought there.

I don't agree with the precise line of your argument though. There was a conflict (in my view) and it was *because* a conflict arose - that shouldn't have been allowed to happen - that the SD changed. Not the trust's or the club's finest hour. The issue doesn't just go away because of the rotation. However, I am very confident that the situation would not happen again under Phil and HCs stewardship.

And Shaky, it's not about being 12. It's about the fact that this was a long time ago. Your posting record is such that I can't bear the thought of reams of google research that will inevitably follow if you have that information. We've done it to death on here, and on jackarmy.net and it doesn't bear repetition. And certainly not your sort of repetition.

Outtolunch's version of events is slightly revisionary IMHO but there you go.

It was a long time ago jaxkonicko so i may not have it 100% correct so can only apologise. I'm not far off i dont think.

I do find it rather sad that people like shaky who know nothing about our past is afforded the luxury of people having to defend those that were involved years ago and those that continue to be especially as they are not on here to answer for themselves. Looking back i cant think of one person who was in it for themselves. 2 lost their businesses eventually due to the work they put in. 2 others borrowed money to buy the shares. We have grown to be a force in not only the premier league but worldwide and lets not forget it. People like shaky have no position in our past and most certainly are not welcome in our future.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:26 - Jul 24 with 603 viewsJackfath

£15 for our home friendly on 19:24 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

There should be an immediate suspension of posting rights for people that write this. It really boils my piss.

So many of the trust sacrifice huge amounts of personal time and huge kudos to all of them. All of them. But to say you can't ask questions unless you stand for the trust is fatuous. I know I can't give up that amount of time, but that doesn't and shouldn't stop me having an opinion.

Rather than post that, why don't you tell me what you think is *wrong* in what he says? I agree with about 90% of it. I don't agree with the sweeping comments about greed but a lot of that is a fair POV.

Apologies, I should have added a "lol" or a smilie to help.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 19:27 - Jul 24 with 601 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 17:44 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

The implication was that he operated under a conflict before he stepped down from the trust not afterwards (because once he stepped down there was no obligation to the trust). There would indeed have been a conflict if he had remained as supporters' director and had his own shares. That's not the point that was made.

He caused the conflict. It was unnecessary, caused by the actions of one man, and frankly could have caused irreparable harm to the Trust. It still has some negative connotations even today both for Leigh and the Trust as this thread shows. Jacko and I are very much of the same mind on this I'm afraid ... it really wasn't a happy event.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:28 - Jul 24 with 594 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 19:26 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

It was a long time ago jaxkonicko so i may not have it 100% correct so can only apologise. I'm not far off i dont think.

I do find it rather sad that people like shaky who know nothing about our past is afforded the luxury of people having to defend those that were involved years ago and those that continue to be especially as they are not on here to answer for themselves. Looking back i cant think of one person who was in it for themselves. 2 lost their businesses eventually due to the work they put in. 2 others borrowed money to buy the shares. We have grown to be a force in not only the premier league but worldwide and lets not forget it. People like shaky have no position in our past and most certainly are not welcome in our future.

And on that we agree 100% :)
£15 for our home friendly on 19:29 - Jul 24 with 587 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:26 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

Can I ask some questions based on your post

2 lost their businesses? Obviously the Chairman is one of them but who is the other

Which 2 people borrowed money to put into the club?
£15 for our home friendly on 19:31 - Jul 24 with 576 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:18 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

Phil, is the natural progression for you to move up to the Supporters Director role at some point?

I don't know whether it is natural progression as I would not necessarily be sure that I had the skills (or more importantly the time) to do the role

I don't know if we have a viable alternative on the Trust board as it stands but I guess if Huw told me he wanted to stand down next summer then I would probably consider the position
£15 for our home friendly on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 574 viewsUxbridge

Again, completely agree. Baseless personal attacks have no place here but there should always be openness and questioning eyes as much as is possible.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:33 - Jul 24 with 569 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:14 - Jul 24 by _

""He has been involved in the programme for far longer than he has been supporter director and I believe far longer than he has been involved in the Trust. This is not a conflict of interest and each year he is asked to make his tender for the job and in fairness is probably screwed to the wall more than the other tenders and puts up with deadlines that I'm not sure many would accept to work with ""

Really??

I have a lot of time for you and Jim, known you both personally for years. You are both thoroughly good people who adore the Swans.

It's not that. Like Ux said, in the ideal world no Trust member would have any personal financial interest in the Club and therefore no one would ever think of conflicts of interest.

It's just when mistakes are repeated season on season; when nothing seems to have been learned from outrages on fans forums etc; when there is an ever-widening gap between fan and owner; when fans (not all) feel they are shouting but not getting heard.....

Then....

Then I wouldn't want someone who has a contract with the club for printing programmes going into bat for me; or anyone else for that matter that relies in some way or other, no matter how big or small, on being personally financially disadvantaged by ruffling some feathers.

It's unfortunately inevitable however, that anyone that does get to the heady heights of trust director will get close to the board themselves.

Its handy isn't it... get the news first, good for business, great tickets, directors privileges. All great until Joe Bloggs up the Hafod can't get to games because of the sheer greed involved.

And it is greed now.

The Bayern Munich President came out with comments relating to the good value versus bad value in Germany and England, which was the catalyst for me starting this thread. Gary Lineker also tweeted something along the lines of "pure football avarice" and with the TV deal clubs get, this is basically taking the pi55.

It would be good kudos all round; not just from a business perspective which in the long run will benefit greatly, that i'm sure, but also from the perspective of bringing fan and owner close together again. Which in fairness is why we have a Trust in the first place.

Yes, really the programme tender is something Huw has to work on and he will have competition for the position but I believe he offers us the best all round deal to do the job.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:35 - Jul 24 with 561 views_

You don't think the club have got a bit greedy? Not unique to the Swans, its football in this country as a whole, just in general of late?

The Euro tickets debacle? Scrimping on club shirt orders? Matchday tickets? The bundle offer? The friendly now...

When was the last time you thought, fair play, that's generous - that's my club! :)

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 19:36 - Jul 24 with 553 viewsNeath_Jack

£15 for our home friendly on 19:31 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

I don't know whether it is natural progression as I would not necessarily be sure that I had the skills (or more importantly the time) to do the role

I don't know if we have a viable alternative on the Trust board as it stands but I guess if Huw told me he wanted to stand down next summer then I would probably consider the position

Ok, thanks. Good luck if you get there.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:37 - Jul 24 with 547 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:33 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Yes, really the programme tender is something Huw has to work on and he will have competition for the position but I believe he offers us the best all round deal to do the job.

It's not ideal - far from it :(

£15 for our home friendly on 19:39 - Jul 24 with 539 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 19:21 - Jul 24 by Thursday

Are you being serious ?
£15 for our home friendly on 19:40 - Jul 24 with 531 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:29 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Can I ask some questions based on your post

2 lost their businesses? Obviously the Chairman is one of them but who is the other

Which 2 people borrowed money to put into the club?

Leigh Dineen famously says he re-mortgaged to invest in his shares.

Just roughly, what year, did Leigh buy his shares and stand down as Trust SD?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:41 - Jul 24 with 530 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 19:35 - Jul 24 by _

You don't think the club have got a bit greedy? Not unique to the Swans, its football in this country as a whole, just in general of late?

The Euro tickets debacle? Scrimping on club shirt orders? Matchday tickets? The bundle offer? The friendly now...

When was the last time you thought, fair play, that's generous - that's my club! :)

Sure, football is greedy. And I'm record on this thread as saying it doesn't feel like a club owned by the fans, for the fans, anymore.

It was just a bit too pejorative for me in the context of the post. There are plenty of poor decisions made by the board, but I don't think they are driven by personal greed.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:42 - Jul 24 with 526 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:37 - Jul 24 by _

It's not ideal - far from it :(

There's two parts here. Independence and impression of independence. For me the former is most important. The latter is also important for reasons seen in this thread, but so long as each case can be judged on its merits then I'm relatively comfortable. It'd be a different story if someone on the Trust board leveraged that position for personal gain as happened all those years ago but I've seen no evidence it's the case.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 514 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:40 - Jul 24 by _

Leigh Dineen famously says he re-mortgaged to invest in his shares.

Just roughly, what year, did Leigh buy his shares and stand down as Trust SD?

I genuinely dont have an idea when he purchased the shares but given Huw was elected in 2006, Leigh stood down that year
£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 514 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 19:42 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

There's two parts here. Independence and impression of independence. For me the former is most important. The latter is also important for reasons seen in this thread, but so long as each case can be judged on its merits then I'm relatively comfortable. It'd be a different story if someone on the Trust board leveraged that position for personal gain as happened all those years ago but I've seen no evidence it's the case.

We are going to have to stop furiously agreeing with each other. People will talk.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 512 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:31 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

I've seen political campaigns start surprisingly similarly

£15 for our home friendly on 19:45 - Jul 24 with 504 viewsThursday

£15 for our home friendly on 19:39 - Jul 24 by pencoedjack

Are you being serious ?

Yes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024