Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23932 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 17:53 - Jul 23 with 1082 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 13:40 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Pricing of tickets is very important but sadly we are often a lone voice when it comes to reducing ticket prices.

I would love to see £5/£10 taken off matchday prices

One voice with 14,000 throats can make a helluva noise.

I genuinely see ticket pricing as a way that the Trust can recapture the imagination of fans and underline its importance to fans in a way that might have slipped over the recent years of success.

This is something to be publically, vocally and consistently critical of the club about. If that upsets certain individuals then so be it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 17:55 - Jul 23 with 1074 viewsskippyjack

Buy an adult ticket and a concession ticket for £20.. and bring a concession for free.. where is my pitch fork.. b*stards.. lot of them b*stards.. it's a marketing disaster once again.. skilled you see.. all skilled.. summer holidays... missing the potential to make a new fan.. all at a cost of a 5er.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

£15 for our home friendly on 18:00 - Jul 23 with 1070 viewssomersetsimon

£15 for our home friendly on 14:19 - Jul 23 by Hubert

Personally, as I reckon this will be the only home game I get to thus season - exiled Jack, non ST holder- I reckon £15 represents excellent vfm
Including my kids and booking fee, £28 for the afternoon is fab, will just be delighted to see the boys in action, kick about or not.

Maybe those of you complaining about the price for this game are bored of seeing the Swans ?

Looking forward to this, and the Argyle game on Sunday

Similar story here. I'm not able to get there often and I'm rarely in the situation where I can book a ticket 6 weeks in advance, so I see this as a rare opportunity to see a game with one of my kids for only £20.

Regarding the matchday tickets, the fact that PL tickets are sold out almost instantly means that the club have the pricing right. We have a small capacity, so from a business perspective, they need to charge as much as they can get away with.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:12 - Jul 23 with 1054 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 17:53 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

I genuinely see ticket pricing as a way that the Trust can recapture the imagination of fans and underline its importance to fans in a way that might have slipped over the recent years of success.

This is something to be publically, vocally and consistently critical of the club about. If that upsets certain individuals then so be it.

We don't have 14,000 voices though. Remember people pay the prices and whether you like it or not in the minds of many/individuals that justifies the pricing structure
£15 for our home friendly on 18:24 - Jul 23 with 1032 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 18:12 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

We don't have 14,000 voices though. Remember people pay the prices and whether you like it or not in the minds of many/individuals that justifies the pricing structure

Are you suggesting those individuals are the Board? Disappointing, if true.

Whilst I accept that the Club needs to be run as a business, comments others have made about us losing our identity in terms of the Board / Supporter relationship are very valid. Gestures on things like ticket prices could go some way to restoring that relationship.
£15 for our home friendly on 18:33 - Jul 23 with 1021 viewsexiledclaseboy

I had a small conversation with Leigh Dineen on Twittter last week about ticket prices. His justification was the we can't lower them until everyone else does otherwise we'd be at too much of a disadvantage given that we're a small club already. Didn't agree with him then, don't agree with Phil's disappointing attempts to justify it here either.

£15 for a friendly is ridiculous, £45 for some match day tickets is borderline extortion for a poor area like Swansea.

Unfortunately the "run by the fans for the fans" ship sailed some time ago. I'm not even sure that the Trust is the voice it should be any more. We're customers now, not fans. If I won't pay the prices, someone else will so the club doesn't care.

Poll: Tory leader

£15 for our home friendly on 18:33 - Jul 23 with 1021 viewsmarchamjack

When we get our stadium expansion and more PL tickets are available generally and genuinely availabe to anyone who would want one against the less attractive teams (Sunderland, Leicester etc), we all know we won't sell out those lesser games.

And when we don't sell out, it will not be about pricing, it will be about the fact that people won't want to go to see the likes of Sunderland, Leicester etc, whatever the price. Swans customers exercising their choice to attend/not attend balancing cost against opposition.

Every chance some of those people will be the same people complaining about ticket prices now.

For clarity, I think the £15 for Villareal could have been say £10 and £5 concessions.

For further clarity, I would endorse those on here suggesting the Trust (I am a member via ST, previously paid up member every season from more or less day one of the Trust) actively campaign with the club to see what ticket price concessions it might be able to achieve, to benefit the greatest possible majority (accepting you'll never please everyone).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

£15 for our home friendly on 18:39 - Jul 23 with 1012 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 18:33 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

I had a small conversation with Leigh Dineen on Twittter last week about ticket prices. His justification was the we can't lower them until everyone else does otherwise we'd be at too much of a disadvantage given that we're a small club already. Didn't agree with him then, don't agree with Phil's disappointing attempts to justify it here either.

£15 for a friendly is ridiculous, £45 for some match day tickets is borderline extortion for a poor area like Swansea.

Unfortunately the "run by the fans for the fans" ship sailed some time ago. I'm not even sure that the Trust is the voice it should be any more. We're customers now, not fans. If I won't pay the prices, someone else will so the club doesn't care.

As I posted earlier, I don't agree that £15 for this particular friendly is ridiculous. I also don't agree that, in the current market, £45 for "Category A" home matchs is borderline extortion.

I do, however, agree that both could and probably should be lower and the fact that other clubs don't do it shouldn't be a reason for our Club not to do it. The Bundesliga clubs are proof that gate receipts are now such a small proportion of a top club's income that they can be manipulated much further and for much more positive benefit than was ever the case in the past.

I also agree that the special relationship that existed between the Board and Supporters is in danger of becoming damaged beyond repair and doing something in terms of ticket prices could go some way to fixing it.

Of course, there's a danger that whatever the Board do won't be enough for some but it would be nice to see them at least do something.
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 18:43 - Jul 23 with 1002 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 18:39 - Jul 23 by MattG

As I posted earlier, I don't agree that £15 for this particular friendly is ridiculous. I also don't agree that, in the current market, £45 for "Category A" home matchs is borderline extortion.

I do, however, agree that both could and probably should be lower and the fact that other clubs don't do it shouldn't be a reason for our Club not to do it. The Bundesliga clubs are proof that gate receipts are now such a small proportion of a top club's income that they can be manipulated much further and for much more positive benefit than was ever the case in the past.

I also agree that the special relationship that existed between the Board and Supporters is in danger of becoming damaged beyond repair and doing something in terms of ticket prices could go some way to fixing it.

Of course, there's a danger that whatever the Board do won't be enough for some but it would be nice to see them at least do something.

Awfully good post.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 18:46 - Jul 23 with 995 viewsexiledclaseboy

Perhaps I was being hyperbolic with the "extortion" comment but I do think £45 is at least £10 too much for a club like ours in an area like this. I stand by my comment on the Villareal price though.

Other than that I completely agree with you. The club could do something about ticket prices unilaterally if they wanted to. They just don't want to. The Trust could be more active in campaigning about this on the fans' behalf if they want to but it seems they don't want to. Seemingly happy to trot out the party line.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:01 - Jul 23 with 962 viewsskippyjack

I wonder how Germany is economically stable.. the attitude of Germany knocks socks off our whole shambolic affairs.. World cup winners.. stable country.. proud heritage.. good education.. good footballing prices.. good football.. just good everything..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:02 - Jul 23 with 954 viewsC_jack

£15 for our home friendly on 19:01 - Jul 23 by skippyjack

I wonder how Germany is economically stable.. the attitude of Germany knocks socks off our whole shambolic affairs.. World cup winners.. stable country.. proud heritage.. good education.. good footballing prices.. good football.. just good everything..

Miserable buggers though.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:12 - Jul 23 with 933 viewslondonlisa2001

of course one could slightly cheekily point out that they're not so good at fighting ....... ;-)
£15 for our home friendly on 19:13 - Jul 23 with 928 viewsDarran

Any jobs out there?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 19:18 - Jul 23 with 915 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 19:13 - Jul 23 by Darran

Any jobs out there?

Don't know Darran.. think I'll learn German and go out there.. I'm clearly not wanted on my own shores

£15 for our home friendly on 19:22 - Jul 23 with 906 viewsOldjack

Our first home cup game should be free to ST holders , £5.00 across the board for non ST holders ,now that's a nice generous gesture ,sort it Phil

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

£15 for our home friendly on 19:33 - Jul 23 with 881 viewstomdickharry

£15 for our home friendly on 17:53 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Bring the matter of ticket pricing up at the next Fans Forum and if its not past midnight when we leave agenda item 2, the Trust Swans Board member may respond with the Board's aspect toward pricing. In Huw we Trust.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:33 - Jul 23 with 881 viewsLeonisGod

£15 for our home friendly on 13:50 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wow.

We are the second most expensive team to watch in the Premier League. What an absolute joke.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:51]

If you're going to continue to attempt to troll, at least get your facts right. We're well below the average.

Moan, whinge, moan, whinge. Repeat.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:43 - Jul 23 with 864 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 18:33 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

Outside of the friendly game which I think is a fair price what attempts have I made to justify matchday prices? Disappointing or otherwise?

JUst because it is not said publically you do not need to mistake it for nothing being said behind the scenes, sometimes that is the best way to do it!
£15 for our home friendly on 19:45 - Jul 23 with 853 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 19:43 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Outside of the friendly game which I think is a fair price what attempts have I made to justify matchday prices? Disappointing or otherwise?

JUst because it is not said publically you do not need to mistake it for nothing being said behind the scenes, sometimes that is the best way to do it!

I don't agree. The Trust is an organisation that needs to trumpet the work it's doing whether that work is successful or not. Otherwise I'm afraid the only completely logical conclusion to draw with the lack of any statement to the contrary is that the Trust agrees with the pricing policy.

£15 for our home friendly on 19:46 - Jul 23 with 852 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 19:43 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Ban him Phil.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 23 with 834 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:45 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

I don't agree. The Trust is an organisation that needs to trumpet the work it's doing whether that work is successful or not. Otherwise I'm afraid the only completely logical conclusion to draw with the lack of any statement to the contrary is that the Trust agrees with the pricing policy.

Thats your call for assumption but I tell you know it isnt the case and that can be a statement if you want
£15 for our home friendly on 19:54 - Jul 23 with 829 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 18:00 - Jul 23 by somersetsimon

Similar story here. I'm not able to get there often and I'm rarely in the situation where I can book a ticket 6 weeks in advance, so I see this as a rare opportunity to see a game with one of my kids for only £20.

Regarding the matchday tickets, the fact that PL tickets are sold out almost instantly means that the club have the pricing right. We have a small capacity, so from a business perspective, they need to charge as much as they can get away with.

"Regarding the matchday tickets, the fact that PL tickets are sold out almost instantly means that the club have the pricing right."

Can't agree with that.

We have 2/2,500 tickets to sell per game. That's all it means is that enough people (maybe not the same ones) there too buy them.

Until we get an expanded stadium we won't know how many can afford to buy on a match per match basis
£15 for our home friendly on 19:55 - Jul 23 with 815 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Thats your call for assumption but I tell you know it isnt the case and that can be a statement if you want

I'll partly back Phil on this but my stance is that the Trust do need to be more vocal on the issues they are fighting
£15 for our home friendly on 19:57 - Jul 23 with 810 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Yes it's an assumption but like I said it's a perfectly fair one in the absence of any information to the contrary.

So you're saying that you've made strong representations to the club on ticket pricing and the club have chosen to ignore them? In that case, you should be shouting it from the rooftops. "We tried, we didn't get anywhere".

No one can than ask any more of that. It's not fair on you and others if you're making these representations, albeit unsuccessfully, and getting knocked back and not telling us about it. It leads to accusations of inaction that are unfair to people like you, who spend many unpaid hours working on the fans' behalf. You should be more proactive in telling us what you've done.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024