Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23929 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 20:00 - Jul 23 with 858 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 19:33 - Jul 23 by LeonisGod

If you're going to continue to attempt to troll, at least get your facts right. We're well below the average.

Moan, whinge, moan, whinge. Repeat.

Think about it carefully.

The average Swansea City supporter is not comfortably well off. Most schools in Swansea are under special measures and receive extra funding because the areas they are in are classed as extremely poor.

The average Swansea City supporter will want to attend matches for the cheapest price possible. The cheapest ticket available to them is the second most expensive in the entire league, probably Britain, in terms of cheapest matchday ticket. It is an absolute scandal people like you are defending it and encouraging it.

The Trust make me angry too. They, like the board, are living off the (deserved) reputation they obtained when they helped save the club 10+ years ago.

These days the club treat us like mugs and The Trust just sit back and allow it to happen, not questioning anything. I'd guess it was because they are very happy to receive the dividends / director salary that they do. It's scandalous. They are supposed to represent the fans but they don't.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:02 - Jul 23 with 854 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 19:55 - Jul 23 by 3swan

I'll partly back Phil on this but my stance is that the Trust do need to be more vocal on the issues they are fighting

Which was more or less my point.

Poll: Tory leader

£15 for our home friendly on 20:02 - Jul 23 with 852 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 19:57 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

Yes it's an assumption but like I said it's a perfectly fair one in the absence of any information to the contrary.

So you're saying that you've made strong representations to the club on ticket pricing and the club have chosen to ignore them? In that case, you should be shouting it from the rooftops. "We tried, we didn't get anywhere".

No one can than ask any more of that. It's not fair on you and others if you're making these representations, albeit unsuccessfully, and getting knocked back and not telling us about it. It leads to accusations of inaction that are unfair to people like you, who spend many unpaid hours working on the fans' behalf. You should be more proactive in telling us what you've done.

I heartily endorse this statement - spot on.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:03 - Jul 23 with 845 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 20:02 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

Which was more or less my point.

But I said it in less words
£15 for our home friendly on 20:08 - Jul 23 with 828 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 20:00 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Think about it carefully.

The average Swansea City supporter is not comfortably well off. Most schools in Swansea are under special measures and receive extra funding because the areas they are in are classed as extremely poor.

The average Swansea City supporter will want to attend matches for the cheapest price possible. The cheapest ticket available to them is the second most expensive in the entire league, probably Britain, in terms of cheapest matchday ticket. It is an absolute scandal people like you are defending it and encouraging it.

The Trust make me angry too. They, like the board, are living off the (deserved) reputation they obtained when they helped save the club 10+ years ago.

These days the club treat us like mugs and The Trust just sit back and allow it to happen, not questioning anything. I'd guess it was because they are very happy to receive the dividends / director salary that they do. It's scandalous. They are supposed to represent the fans but they don't.

" They, like the board, are living off the (deserved) reputation they obtained when they helped save the club 10+ years ago. "

IMO very harsh.

I do know of issues the Trust have been involved in but have not highlighted them.

Maybe the supporters need to look at themselves, it's easy to type a few words on a Forum.

From memory there is a Q&A section on the O.S if you want to go directly to the club requesting a reply to any issue
£15 for our home friendly on 20:08 - Jul 23 with 822 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 19:57 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

Yes it's an assumption but like I said it's a perfectly fair one in the absence of any information to the contrary.

So you're saying that you've made strong representations to the club on ticket pricing and the club have chosen to ignore them? In that case, you should be shouting it from the rooftops. "We tried, we didn't get anywhere".

No one can than ask any more of that. It's not fair on you and others if you're making these representations, albeit unsuccessfully, and getting knocked back and not telling us about it. It leads to accusations of inaction that are unfair to people like you, who spend many unpaid hours working on the fans' behalf. You should be more proactive in telling us what you've done.

Yup.

If the Trust making it known publically that they are fighting for cheaper tickets then they are fulfilling their mandate. I'd name the people who insist that ticket prices remain as high as they are if I were them, but I accept that might be going a little far.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:10 - Jul 23 with 817 viewsdickythorpe

Just remember where we have come from. We as fans have never had it so good.

The Premier League is a ruthless business. We are still getting used to it perhaps?
£15 for our home friendly on 20:12 - Jul 23 with 804 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 20:08 - Jul 23 by 3swan

" They, like the board, are living off the (deserved) reputation they obtained when they helped save the club 10+ years ago. "

IMO very harsh.

I do know of issues the Trust have been involved in but have not highlighted them.

Maybe the supporters need to look at themselves, it's easy to type a few words on a Forum.

From memory there is a Q&A section on the O.S if you want to go directly to the club requesting a reply to any issue

It's true though. Everytime a mistake as made at board level, people refer to how 'but we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them' etc. It's pathetic. We're a business turning over not far off £100m a year, we aren't a small time League 2 club anymore. There's no room for mistakes.

We are extremely lucky to be partly owned by supporters (I refer to The Trust, not Huw and co as they are not running the club for the benefit of the fans) yet the fans representative on the board appears to do absolutely nothing to benefit us fans. I'm sure most do not even know who he is yet he is supposed to represent us all.

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 20:14 - Jul 23 with 787 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 20:08 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

If the Trust making it known publically that they are fighting for cheaper tickets then they are fulfilling their mandate. I'd name the people who insist that ticket prices remain as high as they are if I were them, but I accept that might be going a little far.

I think that would be a step too far, certainly initially, and could possibly make the Trust's position on the Board untenable.

However, the rest of the Board obviously know the Trust's mandate and shouldn't take offence at difficult questions being asked. From what we are told, they haven't so far.

As time have changed, the Trust needs to be more vociferous than ever if it is to maintain it's standing among the rest of the Supporters.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:17 - Jul 23 with 777 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 20:12 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's true though. Everytime a mistake as made at board level, people refer to how 'but we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them' etc. It's pathetic. We're a business turning over not far off £100m a year, we aren't a small time League 2 club anymore. There's no room for mistakes.

We are extremely lucky to be partly owned by supporters (I refer to The Trust, not Huw and co as they are not running the club for the benefit of the fans) yet the fans representative on the board appears to do absolutely nothing to benefit us fans. I'm sure most do not even know who he is yet he is supposed to represent us all.

If you had posted this first then I wouldn't have called it harsh.

In the first post

"These days the club treat us like mugs and The Trust just sit back and allow it to happen, not questioning anything

Now

" yet the fans representative on the board appears to do absolutely nothing to benefit us fans."

The word "appears" changes everything, as many posts have pointed out the Trust need to trumpet their cause
£15 for our home friendly on 20:23 - Jul 23 with 756 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another £1m dividend about to be paid to board members too (including the Trust of course).

And another next year.

And still they charge £45 a ticket because they can't afford to lower the prices.

Yeah. Ok.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:23 - Jul 23 with 756 viewsDr_Winston

£15 for our home friendly on 20:14 - Jul 23 by MattG

I think that would be a step too far, certainly initially, and could possibly make the Trust's position on the Board untenable.

However, the rest of the Board obviously know the Trust's mandate and shouldn't take offence at difficult questions being asked. From what we are told, they haven't so far.

As time have changed, the Trust needs to be more vociferous than ever if it is to maintain it's standing among the rest of the Supporters.

The Trust owns 20% of the club. It's position on the board is inviolable.

Might upset people, but people need to be upset from time to time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:24 - Jul 23 with 753 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 20:23 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

Another £1m dividend about to be paid to board members too (including the Trust of course).

And another next year.

And still they charge £45 a ticket because they can't afford to lower the prices.

Yeah. Ok.

Please tell me that is true? Where did you read / hear that?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:25 - Jul 23 with 749 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:24 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Please tell me that is true? Where did you read / hear that?

I'm led to believe it's true.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:27 - Jul 23 with 738 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 20:25 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

I'm led to believe it's true.

No wonder The Trust are happy to go along with this then. Dear me.

That could very well be the catalyst to really get the ball moving regarding people standing up and questioning what is going on.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:29 - Jul 23 with 725 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:27 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That could very well be the catalyst to really get the ball moving regarding people standing up and questioning what is going on.

The Trust only has one vote on the board. If it's outvoted when it comes to dividend payments there's not much it can do.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 with 710 views3swan

£15 for our home friendly on 20:27 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The money the Trust gets, whether we agree with the dividend or not, goes into the account to buy shares If/when needed.

It's not as if it pays for the Trust Christmas party
£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 with 710 viewsMattG

£15 for our home friendly on 20:23 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

The Trust owns 20% of the club. It's position on the board is inviolable.

Might upset people, but people need to be upset from time to time.

Agree with that but the fact that it's only 20% means that the Trust could risk isolating itself which could, in turn, undermine it's effectiveness.

For example, the situation could arise where the Trust becomes a lone voice on a very sensitive topic and to insist on shouting its position from the rooftops could be counter-productive in the longer term.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 with 710 viewsWitneyjack

Perhaps those fans unhappy at the Trust's work should put themselves forward at the next election. Just a thought............
£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 with 710 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 20:29 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

The Trust only has one vote on the board. If it's outvoted when it comes to dividend payments there's not much it can do.

People won't be happy though with ticket prices remaining at ludicrously high levels while our already very well paid directors receive further dividends.

Surely they're not idiotic enough to do this?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:40 - Jul 23 with 683 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:31 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

People won't be happy though with ticket prices remaining at ludicrously high levels while our already very well paid directors receive further dividends.

Surely they're not idiotic enough to do this?

no they won't be, since directors don't pay themselves dividends. Dividends go to shareholders not to directors.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:42 - Jul 23 with 677 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:40 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

no they won't be, since directors don't pay themselves dividends. Dividends go to shareholders not to directors.

But in the case of SCFC the directors are the shareholders and the shareholders are the directors, are they not?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:46 - Jul 23 with 653 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 20:42 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

But in the case of SCFC the directors are the shareholders and the shareholders are the directors, are they not?

Not completely

Rob Davies is a shareholder but not a director

Don Goss, Steve Penney and Gwilym Joseph MBE are directors but not shareholders
£15 for our home friendly on 20:46 - Jul 23 with 651 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:42 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

no.

There is some overlap but they are not the same people - there are directors who are not shareholders and vice versa. Some (eg Huw / Leigh Dineen) are both.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:47 - Jul 23 with 641 viewslondonlisa2001

sorry Phil - I didn't see you answer.

By the way - I think it is also correct isn't it that some directors are certainly not in 'highly paid' positions with the club?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024