Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23822 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 22:12 - Jul 23 with 1044 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 22:10 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

on this occasion it won't be because he'll have just googled 'does a dividend need to be approved at an AGM' and google will tell him 'yes it bloody well does you moron' so he won't comment again. He may (since he doesn't understand it all) come back with some bollocks about interim dividends, but won't understand the procedure for voting to adopt accounts at an AGM and the final dividends included within such accounts and the right of directors to vary the will of the members. He knows nothing about any of this.

OK gorgeous I believe you
£15 for our home friendly on 22:15 - Jul 23 with 1029 viewsUxbridge

How dare Clasey start a dividend thread in my absence? Doesn't he know the rules of this place?

I've said my piece on this enough times. No point boring everyone more than absolutely necessary.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 22:16 - Jul 23 with 1020 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 22:12 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

OK gorgeous I believe you

I even anticipated what he would try to say to 'prove me wrong' . It's laughable.

Oy Shaky - the thing you linked to by the way actually used the term 'final dividend' so even the specific example you used you were wrong.

Never mind - you can try again next time, and the next time, and the next time and the next time ......
£15 for our home friendly on 22:22 - Jul 23 with 995 viewsDr_Winston

So Lisa pre emptively used Google and Googled to see what Shaky would Google in order to prove that Google was being Googled.

Think I've got everything straight.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£15 for our home friendly on 22:24 - Jul 23 with 991 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 22:16 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

I even anticipated what he would try to say to 'prove me wrong' . It's laughable.

Oy Shaky - the thing you linked to by the way actually used the term 'final dividend' so even the specific example you used you were wrong.

Never mind - you can try again next time, and the next time, and the next time and the next time ......

Final word, since there appear to lies, dammed lies, and Lisa's posts.

Exiled said: "So in practice, the directors have voted to pay the shareholding directors (and other shareholders) a dividend."

To which you relied: "yes, blah, blah, blah, blah,".

I said that was wrong, and gave you the clue in the link to the Swansea announcement using the term final dividend, since as you have now discovered that means the shareholders did in fact approve that divided as opposed to the directors as you originally claimed in your reply.

Got to admire your balls thought for attempting to reverse your multiple errors in fact here into my mistake. Nice little psycho touch there Lisa.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15 for our home friendly on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 961 viewsC_jack

So it's £15 for a friendly because the board need the cash to raise money for the end of season payout.

Or it's £15 because that's about as cheap as modern football gets. I pay £10 to get into the local LOW ground mun.

Would the outraged really feel all is right with the world if they got into a friendly for free? I doubt it.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 22:35]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

£15 for our home friendly on 22:39 - Jul 23 with 950 viewsCatullus

£15 for our home friendly on 22:24 - Jul 23 by Shaky

Exiled said: "So in practice, the directors have voted to pay the shareholding directors (and other shareholders) a dividend."

I said that was wrong, and gave you the clue in the link to the Swansea announcement using the term final dividend, since as you have now discovered that means the shareholders did in fact approve that divided as opposed to the directors as you originally claimed in your reply.

Got to admire your balls thought for attempting to reverse your multiple errors in fact here into my mistake. Nice little psycho touch there Lisa.

Final word, I doubt it!!

Lisa, you may as well walk away. The people with the agenda against the board will never give up.
It doesn't matter how crazy or irrational they are, and sometimes they will even be right. But the attacks will keep coming.

If people want the club to be run at a rate that means we cannot reinvest in the team then so be it. But they will also be the loudest complainants when we are relegated.
Or maybe they will only be happy if we get up to our ears in debt again?

We are Swansea City, other clubs, fans and impartial spectators admire the way we are run. But that is not enough for certain people.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

£15 for our home friendly on 22:50 - Jul 23 with 923 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 22:24 - Jul 23 by Shaky

no - someone asked me if they voted to give themselves a dividend and i said effectively yes the same people do it - i.e. vote round a board table and vote in a meeting. You then said it was approved by the shareholders and I replied that was always the case.

I was right on both occasions and I also anticipated the bollocks you'd come up with (unless you think that in less than 1 minute I could read what you'd put, google it, read the article and type a reply simultaneously to another question).

you are a troll and I know it winds you up something chronic, but you have never ever ever been right so far. Keep going though - even a monkey will eventually get it right.
Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 22:51 - Jul 23 with 921 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 22:39 - Jul 23 by Catullus

Final word, I doubt it!!

Lisa, you may as well walk away. The people with the agenda against the board will never give up.
It doesn't matter how crazy or irrational they are, and sometimes they will even be right. But the attacks will keep coming.

If people want the club to be run at a rate that means we cannot reinvest in the team then so be it. But they will also be the loudest complainants when we are relegated.
Or maybe they will only be happy if we get up to our ears in debt again?

We are Swansea City, other clubs, fans and impartial spectators admire the way we are run. But that is not enough for certain people.

I agree and amen to that.
£15 for our home friendly on 22:55 - Jul 23 with 917 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 22:50 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

no - someone asked me if they voted to give themselves a dividend and i said effectively yes the same people do it - i.e. vote round a board table and vote in a meeting. You then said it was approved by the shareholders and I replied that was always the case.

I was right on both occasions and I also anticipated the bollocks you'd come up with (unless you think that in less than 1 minute I could read what you'd put, google it, read the article and type a reply simultaneously to another question).

you are a troll and I know it winds you up something chronic, but you have never ever ever been right so far. Keep going though - even a monkey will eventually get it right.

Do shareholders approve the payment of interim divis? Never been 100% about what happens if paid out but shareholders baulk at final.

All utterly irrelevant in our case though. The vast majority and % of shareholders are directors. AGM approval a mere formality in that regard.

£15 for our home friendly on 23:07 - Jul 23 with 897 viewsepaul

Not read the thread but last night to put the price in perspective we psaid 10 quid to watch the u21's at a Ryman Prem league ground against a team who finished 12 this season. Yes I know its a chance for them to make a few quid, I don't begrudge them. Anyhow it was worth it for the laff we had watching from the directors box

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

£15 for our home friendly on 23:09 - Jul 23 with 885 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 22:55 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Do shareholders approve the payment of interim divis? Never been 100% about what happens if paid out but shareholders baulk at final.

All utterly irrelevant in our case though. The vast majority and % of shareholders are directors. AGM approval a mere formality in that regard.

Not any more - used to be approved by members but because of some of the practical difficulties they changed it in (I think the Companies Act 2006 - I'm sure Shaly will google it for you or already has). Now the directors can deal with the interim but final needs to be approved at AGM.
The view was that it all gets checked then anyway since the accounts need to be approved in full so distributable reserves (which would include impact of any interim dividend) will be signed off at that point.
£15 for our home friendly on 07:25 - Jul 24 with 819 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 22:55 - Jul 23 by Uxbridge

Q. How do you know Lisa is lying?
A. She is activating her keyboard.

Here is a quick snap from my 1995 edition of Boyle and Birds' Company Law:

Think about it, listed companies have been paying interim dividends way back into the distant past; how could that be possible if these required shareholders' approval, since there is only one Annual General Meeting?

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 07:41 - Jul 24 with 804 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 07:25 - Jul 24 by Shaky

Q. How do you know Lisa is lying?
A. She is activating her keyboard.

Here is a quick snap from my 1995 edition of Boyle and Birds' Company Law:

Think about it, listed companies have been paying interim dividends way back into the distant past; how could that be possible if these required shareholders' approval, since there is only one Annual General Meeting?

As interesting as a discussion of such semantics is, I'm sure we can all agree it doesn't actually matter in the Swans case though.

£15 for our home friendly on 07:45 - Jul 24 with 801 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 07:41 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

As interesting as a discussion of such semantics is, I'm sure we can all agree it doesn't actually matter in the Swans case though.

Well it is obviously not semantics, but clearly it is not relevant to the substance of the discussion, except for the extent to which it further sinks Lisa's heavily underwater credibility with those in possession of more than half a brain.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 07:48 - Jul 24 with 795 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 07:45 - Jul 24 by Shaky

Well it is obviously not semantics, but clearly it is not relevant to the substance of the discussion, except for the extent to which it further sinks Lisa's heavily underwater credibility with those in possession of more than half a brain.

Heh. That's as close to a yes as I'm going to get isnt it

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:56 - Jul 24 with 784 viewssomersetsimon

£15 for our home friendly on 23:07 - Jul 23 by epaul

Not read the thread but last night to put the price in perspective we psaid 10 quid to watch the u21's at a Ryman Prem league ground against a team who finished 12 this season. Yes I know its a chance for them to make a few quid, I don't begrudge them. Anyhow it was worth it for the laff we had watching from the directors box

£15 for our home friendly on 09:05 - Jul 24 with 745 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 07:48 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

Heh. That's as close to a yes as I'm going to get isnt it

Yes, I'd say ". . .clearly it is not relevant to the substance of the discussion" is as close to a yes as you will get from anybody.

Misology -- It's a bitch

£15 for our home friendly on 09:27 - Jul 24 with 716 viewsonetimejack

I know the club doesn't really give a shit about loyalty, it's all about the money, i know most will probably disagree but i know for a fact a certain hatrick scoring local lad is made to pay full price for a season ticket and has recieved nothing in the way of thanks for his numerous tv appearances to help promote the club.

Poll: Should Jackfath refrain from starting threads in the football only board

£15 for our home friendly on 09:35 - Jul 24 with 700 viewsperchrockjack

I thought I had a few spats on here but lisa and shaky seem to be a promising couple. If they stay for the actual football season I can sit back, relax and post anything contentious or stupid and it ll pass under radar.

champion

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 09:43 - Jul 24 with 692 viewsbluenile

£15 for our home friendly on 13:20 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What do they do to aid away travel?

Where have you been all these years?...............

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

£15 for our home friendly on 09:50 - Jul 24 with 685 viewsperchrockjack

I d like them to subsidise me too .If only to northern games ;it would be nice for a fan of almost 58 years.
Overnight hotel provision would be nice too and a decent evening meal. I m not greedy like.

£15 for our home friendly on 09:55 - Jul 24 with 673 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 21:35 - Jul 23 by londonlisa2001

what the hell are you on about?

What exactly did I say was wrong - I said effectively the same people declare it, decide it and get it - that's true - you just said the same thing. What on earth is the matter with you? Shareholders always have to bloody approve it you complete moron - in this case they're in some cases the same people which was the question being asked.

I then said that I didn't know whether there was a dividend or not this year - you have no idea whether that is right or not.

In your bloody frenzy to one day catch me out, you are talking bollocks yet again. Keep trying though you pathetic little troll.

Jesus Wept.... Hell hath no fury blah blah blah...

Have you got any close attachment to the board, trust members etc, Lisa?

Just curious, that's all...

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 10:14 - Jul 24 with 654 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 20:46 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

Not completely

Rob Davies is a shareholder but not a director

Don Goss, Steve Penney and Gwilym Joseph MBE are directors but not shareholders

So who are these guys then? It's hard to keep up with the goings on at the club these days?

£15 for our home friendly on 10:14 - Jul 24 with 654 viewsperchrockjack

Now the LORD is coming into it all.
LISA , you ve really started it off now girl..

I like a girl with spirit meself

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024