Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23936 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 10:17 - Jul 24 with 809 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 10:14 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

Now the LORD is coming into it all.
LISA , you ve really started it off now girl..

I like a girl with spirit meself

The Lord?

Coming into it all?

Are you knickers on too tight, Dick?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 10:18 - Jul 24 with 809 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 10:14 - Jul 24 by _

So who are these guys then? It's hard to keep up with the goings on at the club these days?

These days?
Where've you been the last ten years in a coma isi?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 10:19 - Jul 24 with 803 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 10:18 - Jul 24 by Darran

These days?
Where've you been the last ten years in a coma isi?

Enlighten me then...

Who are they, what percentage shareholding do they hold or duties do they carry out?

£15 for our home friendly on 10:20 - Jul 24 with 799 viewsSwanjaxs

£15 for our home friendly on 23:07 - Jul 23 by epaul

Not read the thread but last night to put the price in perspective we psaid 10 quid to watch the u21's at a Ryman Prem league ground against a team who finished 12 this season. Yes I know its a chance for them to make a few quid, I don't begrudge them. Anyhow it was worth it for the laff we had watching from the directors box

Get a bigger flag mun!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

£15 for our home friendly on 10:22 - Jul 24 with 786 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 10:19 - Jul 24 by _

Enlighten me then...

Who are they, what percentage shareholding do they hold or duties do they carry out?

Not sure of the percentages but they've been here since the beginning Don Goss was even involved down the Vetch.

£15 for our home friendly on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 784 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 10:19 - Jul 24 by _

Enlighten me then...

Oh and Steve is involved in legal matters.

£15 for our home friendly on 10:23 - Jul 24 with 777 viewsperchrockjack

My briefs are just fine chrissy.

Don't get the impression Ive been a man to iron underwear however.

What (make)guitar do you play

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£15 for our home friendly on 10:34 - Jul 24 with 762 viewsepaul

£15 for our home friendly on 10:20 - Jul 24 by Swanjaxs

Get a bigger flag mun!!!

It's not mine mun!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 758 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 07:25 - Jul 24 by Shaky

Q. How do you know Lisa is lying?
A. She is activating her keyboard.

Here is a quick snap from my 1995 edition of Boyle and Birds' Company Law:

Think about it, listed companies have been paying interim dividends way back into the distant past; how could that be possible if these required shareholders' approval, since there is only one Annual General Meeting?

Oh there you go then - it's always been the same as it is now - my mistake. I had thought it in some way changed in one of the companies acts but perhaps not - I'm sure I recall some change. I'll have to start googling then same as Shaky rather than rely on memory :-)
Well done Shaky - you've managed to prove I'm lying about everything because I made an error in the way things historically were done. Right about the way it's all done now though seemingly unless you've not found that bit in your books yet?
£15 for our home friendly on 10:47 - Jul 24 with 754 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 10:23 - Jul 24 by Darran

Oh and Steve is involved in legal matters.

So you've not got any clue either then apart from probably stalking them over the years.

Who's getting what at the club?

We all know the history, we know and love the story. Wealthy (well off) individuals and a collective of less well off people (us fans, the Trust) rescued our club and gave it the platform to be where it is today.

They made it very special for all of us; we had other clubs and respected journalists waxing lyrical about the way we operated...

It doesn't feel like that anymore; there is a growing feeling of resentment, less is being written about Swansea City FC as an example of a good, honest football club that is run by supporters for supporters and more and more is being written about a separation in terms of owners/directors and fans and as a result a separation from reality in most of our eyes.

The £15 in itself for this game isn't a massive issue; most people can afford that. It's overpriced in my opinion for a friendly game no matter who the opposition are. It's more to do with the fact that the club and what's now looking like greedy shareholders are out to grab as much as they possibly can from us. Maybe they budget the little revenue, in the grand scheme of things, from ticket prices into their £2m a year dividends.

They are leaving very sour tastes in too many fans mouths.

£15 for our home friendly on 10:49 - Jul 24 with 754 viewsperchrockjack

and there sd me expecting a decent reply from Chrissy .

lisa, its gonna be a long season but I feel a good one and far more enjoyable than last .

I started a few naughty threads and got an internet spanking, but didn't feel a thing.

peace

£15 for our home friendly on 10:51 - Jul 24 with 756 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 09:55 - Jul 24 by _

Jesus Wept.... Hell hath no fury blah blah blah...

Have you got any close attachment to the board, trust members etc, Lisa?

Just curious, that's all...

Sorry - I don't understand - why would saying that the same people have to decide on dividends and get them mean I have a link to the board? It doesn't have any relevance at all does it?
And given that I spent some time yesterday saying how much I disagreed with ticket pricing it would also seem unlikely don't you think?
£15 for our home friendly on 10:54 - Jul 24 with 754 viewsJackSomething

At least we're not run by Karl Oyston.

It's been a good thread (although Shaky almost derailed it as only he can) and I generally agree with the view expressed by the like of Boogs, Clasie, Ux, etc...

The club could be doing more to preserve the reputation as a club with strong links with the fans and the Trust could let us know more what they're doing on our behalf.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£15 for our home friendly on 10:57 - Jul 24 with 749 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 10:49 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

and there sd me expecting a decent reply from Chrissy .

lisa, its gonna be a long season but I feel a good one and far more enjoyable than last .

I started a few naughty threads and got an internet spanking, but didn't feel a thing.

peace

I'll tell you one thing perchrock - those of us supporters who go into a season hopeful and excited about a good one again will have a lot more satisfaction than those who wait for every little failure - if you're one of those looking for stuff to beat the club about then I can't see how they enjoy any of it.
£15 for our home friendly on 11:07 - Jul 24 with 738 viewsJackSomething

£15 for our home friendly on 10:57 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I'll tell you one thing perchrock - those of us supporters who go into a season hopeful and excited about a good one again will have a lot more satisfaction than those who wait for every little failure - if you're one of those looking for stuff to beat the club about then I can't see how they enjoy any of it.

Perch is in a category all on his own Lisa.

For years of sustained success, he's found plenty of little things to be unhappy about. Usually specific players he doesn't like.

Then, when we have our first difficult season, he comes over all positive and was one of Monk's biggest backers during last season.

He's an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, inside a riddle... but we luvs him all the same.

£15 for our home friendly on 11:15 - Jul 24 with 719 viewsperchrockjack

lisa.
serious post and read this well for future reference.
this club ,,second to family,is everything to me. It represents my upbringing, my town/city and all my deceased family who were all Swans fans. I really have seen the lows and its great to have them well buried in the past.
As they are so dear to me, I sure a sfeck aint having any arsewipe player screwing my club and not giving 100%, no player good enough to do his job for my club, no manager not arsed to move my/our club forward.
Ergo it means if I THINK WE VE SCREWED UP i say so-ON INTERNET.I have never been one to boo at a game. If we re gash Im just too sick to open my mouth.

What really grips myshuite are posters o here never ever willing to admit anything is wrong and that all players are beyond reproach.THEY ARE NOT. They are playing for my club after all. We ve had some staggering progressive years but we ve also had deadwood that have been binned by managers, which is correct. YOU DONT KEEP DROSS.

Internet dewy eyed ,rosy tinted flok are often simply lying on this site. THEY PROFESS TO BE "Positive". Theyre re simply lying to impress their internet chums ;why escapes my small brain cells. Honest fans ,like me, shoot from the hip,say it as it is,get it wrong/right;doesnt really matter to me so long as the Club is doing ok.

ok

£15 for our home friendly on 11:19 - Jul 24 with 719 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 10:47 - Jul 24 by _

So you've not got any clue either then apart from probably stalking them over the years.

Who's getting what at the club?

We all know the history, we know and love the story. Wealthy (well off) individuals and a collective of less well off people (us fans, the Trust) rescued our club and gave it the platform to be where it is today.

They made it very special for all of us; we had other clubs and respected journalists waxing lyrical about the way we operated...

It doesn't feel like that anymore; there is a growing feeling of resentment, less is being written about Swansea City FC as an example of a good, honest football club that is run by supporters for supporters and more and more is being written about a separation in terms of owners/directors and fans and as a result a separation from reality in most of our eyes.

The £15 in itself for this game isn't a massive issue; most people can afford that. It's overpriced in my opinion for a friendly game no matter who the opposition are. It's more to do with the fact that the club and what's now looking like greedy shareholders are out to grab as much as they possibly can from us. Maybe they budget the little revenue, in the grand scheme of things, from ticket prices into their £2m a year dividends.

They are leaving very sour tastes in too many fans mouths.

There are a few questions floating around the various websites about Swans directors and their shareholdings

We have 9 directors in total who are

Huw Jenkins
Leigh Dineen
Huw Cooze (Trust representative)
John Van Zweden
Steve Penney
Don Keefe
Gwilym Joseph MBE
Martin Morgan
Brian Katzen

We also have two associate directors in David Morgan and Will Morris - these are both non executive positions

Of these 9, 3 of them - Gwilyn, Don and Steve own no shares in the club with the share ownership made up as follows

Martin Morgan 225,000 shares
Brian Katzen 200,000 shares
Swansea City Supporters Trust 200,000 shares
Huw Jenkins 125,000 shares
Robert Davies 100,000 shares
Leigh Dineen 50,000 shares
John Van Zweden 50,000 shares

(Many of these shares are not listed to the individual but businesses associated to them but I have used individual names for ease)

Overall share issue is 950,000 shares

£15 for our home friendly (n/t) on 11:24 - Jul 24 with 705 viewsJackSomething

£15 for our home friendly on 11:15 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

lisa.
this club ,,second to family,is everything to me. It represents my upbringing, my town/city and all my deceased family who were all Swans fans. I really have seen the lows and its great to have them well buried in the past.
As they are so dear to me, I sure a sfeck aint having any arsewipe player screwing my club and not giving 100%, no player good enough to do his job for my club, no manager not arsed to move my/our club forward.
Ergo it means if I THINK WE VE SCREWED UP i say so-ON INTERNET.I have never been one to boo at a game. If we re gash Im just too sick to open my mouth.

What really grips myshuite are posters o here never ever willing to admit anything is wrong and that all players are beyond reproach.THEY ARE NOT. They are playing for my club after all. We ve had some staggering progressive years but we ve also had deadwood that have been binned by managers, which is correct. YOU DONT KEEP DROSS.

Internet dewy eyed ,rosy tinted flok are often simply lying on this site. THEY PROFESS TO BE "Positive". Theyre re simply lying to impress their internet chums ;why escapes my small brain cells. Honest fans ,like me, shoot from the hip,say it as it is,get it wrong/right;doesnt really matter to me so long as the Club is doing ok.

ok

Changed my mind, not worth it. Ignore this post.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 11:26]

£15 for our home friendly on 11:28 - Jul 24 with 690 viewsperchrockjack

I ll tell you another thing about perchrock. He really doesn't give a shuite about what other posters says and often its the case he is proven "correct" about his misgivings.

Its also the case too many on here believe they are "right" .In fact anyone thinking that is a clown as football is perverse and shafts us all..
JS, I ll be making it my business to catch you this season. Im not surer about Liberty games but I ll be found at northern games looking out for chissy,clasie or jobbie .

At home games I normally bump into Lifelong which always makes me feel dirty as he s basically so nice.

£15 for our home friendly on 11:33 - Jul 24 with 683 viewsDarran

Well I wasn't worried last season I said all along when others were panicking that I wasn't too concerned and there was no chance of us going down.
Didn't I Richard?

£15 for our home friendly on 11:40 - Jul 24 with 674 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 11:15 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

lisa.

ok

I wasn't referring to you as one of the moaners?

Not sure why you're having a go - I just said that I don't know how they get satisfaction from the swans?

You seem to have misunderstood my post? Perhaps I wasn't clear.

The problem is see that there are moaners, there are the eternal optimists and there are those of us that are thrilled with the ride - open eyed about not everything being right with the club (I don't like ticket prices) and the team (I think we need a right back for example and also believe that I stated here quite categorically that I thought Vorm was very very weak last year and was glad we moved to replace him) but on the other hand, understand where we've come from and what an achievement it's been so are prepared to forgive the odd mistakes in the belief that the people at the club are trying to do their best (even if sometimes they're wrong or misguided) and pretty pleased with what we've got compared to the alternatives on display at virtually every other club.

I am getting pretty fed up with every single positive post being subject to 'you must know the board' type crap. It's bloody pathetic.
This club has been in a lot of our families over the years - you're not alone in that.
£15 for our home friendly on 11:48 - Jul 24 with 665 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 10:51 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Sorry - I don't understand - why would saying that the same people have to decide on dividends and get them mean I have a link to the board? It doesn't have any relevance at all does it?
And given that I spent some time yesterday saying how much I disagreed with ticket pricing it would also seem unlikely don't you think?

Hi Lisa,

Sorry it wasn't in direct relation to your comment above - just a hunch. Call it women's intuition if you like...

£15 for our home friendly on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 642 viewsJackSomething

£15 for our home friendly on 11:28 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

I ll tell you another thing about perchrock. He really doesn't give a shuite about what other posters says and often its the case he is proven "correct" about his misgivings.

Its also the case too many on here believe they are "right" .In fact anyone thinking that is a clown as football is perverse and shafts us all..
JS, I ll be making it my business to catch you this season. Im not surer about Liberty games but I ll be found at northern games looking out for chissy,clasie or jobbie .

At home games I normally bump into Lifelong which always makes me feel dirty as he s basically so nice.

So you say you're often proven correct about your misgivings, but anyone thinking they are right is a clown? Can't have it both ways.

From all your many posts having a pop at players, managers, fans, etc... I'm struggling to remember one time you were 'correct' if I'm honest. It's been a fixture of the last ten years for me; Perch moans that it's all going wrong and we're doomed, we end up having a very good season.

It would be interesting to meet you in person Perch, but with my little boy on the scene these days, I'm restricted to home games only. Let me know if you make it down to any and I'm sure we can say hello to each other.

£15 for our home friendly on 12:30 - Jul 24 with 607 viewsjackonicko

I'm with Uxbridge. I've made my views on divis and the relationship between the club and the fans many times now, so don't feel the need to repeat it in detail.

I never understand why, when this discussion comes up, the outcome becomes so binary - either the club can do no wrong or the club can do no right. Some posters on here always seem to fall into one of those camps when they post (although their views may well be more nuanced than they portray). But the answer (for me) is much more in the middle.

Has the board and the trust done an amazing job since they came in? Absolutely. Is Huw J an excellent Chairman? I can see the faults, but in the main you cannot fault his record. I think if you put him up against the other 91 in the football league he could well come out top.

But the club can no longer 'hide' behind the "run by the fans for the fans" mantra of many years. Every fan will have their tipping point, and they may not have reached it yet (mine was the early renewal of season tickets in our first year in the PL). I now am made to feel by the club like a customer, rather than a part of it.

I generally don't have an issue with the dividends, but as a consequence of that decision, the directors should no longer expect to get the slack they would have got in the past. If they want to be a commercial business, they should expect the scrutiny from the 'customers' as a result.

The Trust for me has a credibility issue, largely for the reasons ECB expressed earlier in the thread. (I'm still waiting for that promised trust statement on the early season ticket renewal!)

It may well lobby hard for us, but if what they do isn't known, isn't publicised, you can't blame the supporters for thinking it didn't happen.
£15 for our home friendly on 12:58 - Jul 24 with 580 viewsMoscowJack

£15 for our home friendly on 12:30 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

I'm with Uxbridge. I've made my views on divis and the relationship between the club and the fans many times now, so don't feel the need to repeat it in detail.

I never understand why, when this discussion comes up, the outcome becomes so binary - either the club can do no wrong or the club can do no right. Some posters on here always seem to fall into one of those camps when they post (although their views may well be more nuanced than they portray). But the answer (for me) is much more in the middle.

Has the board and the trust done an amazing job since they came in? Absolutely. Is Huw J an excellent Chairman? I can see the faults, but in the main you cannot fault his record. I think if you put him up against the other 91 in the football league he could well come out top.

But the club can no longer 'hide' behind the "run by the fans for the fans" mantra of many years. Every fan will have their tipping point, and they may not have reached it yet (mine was the early renewal of season tickets in our first year in the PL). I now am made to feel by the club like a customer, rather than a part of it.

I generally don't have an issue with the dividends, but as a consequence of that decision, the directors should no longer expect to get the slack they would have got in the past. If they want to be a commercial business, they should expect the scrutiny from the 'customers' as a result.

The Trust for me has a credibility issue, largely for the reasons ECB expressed earlier in the thread. (I'm still waiting for that promised trust statement on the early season ticket renewal!)

It may well lobby hard for us, but if what they do isn't known, isn't publicised, you can't blame the supporters for thinking it didn't happen.

Perfectly summed up. Similar to exileclase's excellent comments.

I know the Trust is doing so much good work but their PR needs some work. I know many are humble people who don't ask for pats on the back or recognition (unlike some in the early days of the Trust who only did it for those reasons) but they need to understand that the fans can't read minds.

It seems that a handful or two of people know what the Trust are pushing for (against) and what they're agreeing with. That really doesn't help the Trust.

The Trust needs a spokesperson who's willing and able to sing, from a rooftop, what exactly the Trust are for or against.

I know it's not easy to get a balancing act like this performed to perfection, but it's better than no news at all.

Personally, I think the Trust has come on leaps and bounds over the past 5, 6 or 7 years but they have failed to keep connected with the fans. If they had, I believe many would use the Trust far more as the vehicle they have now become.

Please understand that I'm not having a go at the Trust. We all know that all Trusts are best supported when there's a crisis (and we are far from one, hopefully) but there's growing unrest from fans towards the Club (Xmas renewals, late shirts in 2013, skin-tight shirts in 2014, Euro games pricing, 3 for 3 bargain bucket, etc) and it's never a bad thing for the Trust to have an opportunity to let the fans know how they feel too. Not just Phil Sumbler posting on here, but on ALL forums/sites and in the press as that's where it deserves to be.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024