Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 23821 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 13:18 - Jul 23 with 5498 viewsAl_Bundy

If you're suggesting it should be free then every armchair Man Utd fan and non attending hangers on will turn up. The club help out on away travel. Maybe a freebie ticket for the ST holders could work.
£15 for our home friendly on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 5442 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 13:18 - Jul 23 by Al_Bundy

If you're suggesting it should be free then every armchair Man Utd fan and non attending hangers on will turn up. The club help out on away travel. Maybe a freebie ticket for the ST holders could work.

What do they do to aid away travel?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

£15 for our home friendly on 13:20 - Jul 23 with 5450 viewsIAN05

Agree. There is no need for such greed for friendlies.
£15 for our home friendly on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 5411 viewsLiam

If they give themselves another dividend it'd be a bit harsh. How much were the friendlies last year?
£15 for our home friendly on 13:25 - Jul 23 with 5389 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 13:20 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What do they do to aid away travel?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-initiative-newcastle-1117254.aspx
£15 for our home friendly on 13:27 - Jul 23 with 5347 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£15 for our home friendly on 13:25 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-initiative-newcastle-1117254.aspx

They did that because they believed they were receiving £250,000 or so from the Premier League to help boost away numbers. Even Phil said so.

I attended the Hull game too.

£15 for our home friendly on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 5264 viewsJackhero

I concur, this is a feckin rip off for a friendly. When I had the email through I nearly choked. £10, and £5 for concessions I would have gone. You'd have thought we would have learned from the euro games last year with pricing. Obviously not....greed...pure greed!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

£15 for our home friendly on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 5259 viewsMoscowJack

It just seems to be "take, take, take" and taking every opportunity to fleece the fans.

I'm particularly annoyed that the club's made football for the fans even more unaffordable with that crazy - "3 For The Price of 3" bargain recently.

£35 per game is good value, but still it's hard for many families to attend together.

Making fans pay 100% in advance isolates a lot of the "poorer" fans.

I just wonder whether some decision-makers have made so much money from things like £100+k wages (and big dividends) that they are now too detached from the real fans.

I know some will say we've got to maximise income to compete with others but we've also got to look after the fans. The fans are the future of the club, not just the ones who've got the deepest pockets.

When we've added 5k more seats, I'm sure the Club will do a lot to encourage families but why not do something NOW that will encourage families to attend?

Even a special "Family Bundle" for the friendlies would be something.

It would be good to hear from the Trust to understand what their view is as I've believe (for many years, anyway) that the Trust feel that pricing of tickets is extremely important to them.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 5259 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 13:27 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

They did that because they believed they were receiving £250,000 or so from the Premier League to help boost away numbers. Even Phil said so.

You clearly elected not to read Phil's follow up to that post where he admitted he made a mistake?

At £15 for a friendly given the costs of opening the stadium for the game itself it feels about right especially as the kids tickets are (from memory) substantially cheaper for the game - what was wrong was that I could only buy two tickets for my two season ticket seats when the new crap ticket system went live.

As for the buy 3 for the price of 3 that was just plain crazy (and wrong)

This post has been edited by an administrator
£15 for our home friendly on 13:37 - Jul 23 with 5254 viewsC_jack

Let me check if anybody is forcing you to go... nope.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

£15 for our home friendly on 13:37 - Jul 23 with 5257 viewsdickythorpe

SHOCK HORROR!!!! Football is all about money, in fact it is a business!!!

Someone get me a chair and a glass of water FFS!!!!!!
£15 for our home friendly on 13:38 - Jul 23 with 5244 viewsDarran

I've been waiting for the annual T2C slags the board off thread all summer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

£15 for our home friendly on 13:39 - Jul 23 with 5236 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 13:27 - Jul 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

no he didn't!

You really must stop twisting things to suit your own agenda...

Phil said that he had thought that the club had received money to support away initiatives - on checking, he discovered that clubs did not receive money but instead were asked to put up £250k of their funds to support away initiatives. The club did so and some other clubs also did and some did not.

That is not the same as saying that the club thought they were going to receive money and then didn't. The club knew it was their money (which is why Leigh said so at the time) the press reporting of the initiative muddied the waters that is all.
£15 for our home friendly on 13:40 - Jul 23 with 5228 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 13:36 - Jul 23 by MoscowJack

It just seems to be "take, take, take" and taking every opportunity to fleece the fans.

I'm particularly annoyed that the club's made football for the fans even more unaffordable with that crazy - "3 For The Price of 3" bargain recently.

£35 per game is good value, but still it's hard for many families to attend together.

Making fans pay 100% in advance isolates a lot of the "poorer" fans.

I just wonder whether some decision-makers have made so much money from things like £100+k wages (and big dividends) that they are now too detached from the real fans.

I know some will say we've got to maximise income to compete with others but we've also got to look after the fans. The fans are the future of the club, not just the ones who've got the deepest pockets.

When we've added 5k more seats, I'm sure the Club will do a lot to encourage families but why not do something NOW that will encourage families to attend?

Even a special "Family Bundle" for the friendlies would be something.

It would be good to hear from the Trust to understand what their view is as I've believe (for many years, anyway) that the Trust feel that pricing of tickets is extremely important to them.

Pricing of tickets is very important but sadly we are often a lone voice when it comes to reducing ticket prices.

I would love to see £5/£10 taken off matchday prices
£15 for our home friendly on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 5197 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Well then that was a nice thing for them to do, although I wish I never attended the Hull game the second I realised what our game plan was.

I still believe they're totally out of touch with the average football fan in Swansea. I wouldn't use the word greedy, but they're definitely out to make as much money as possible without overdoing it. Yes I realise we are a business and that is the nature of a business, but they are run by fans, where is the compassion and understanding towards the rest of the fans?

£15 for our home friendly on 13:43 - Jul 23 with 5202 viewsWolfie

It used to be that fans were the lifeblood of a club, but we know only too well that the TV money has now relgated us to a mere inconvenience.

We'll see if their attitude changes if/when we drop down the divisions again.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

£15 for our home friendly on 13:46 - Jul 23 with 5167 viewspencoedjack

£15 for our home friendly on 13:37 - Jul 23 by C_jack

Let me check if anybody is forcing you to go... nope.

Is the obvious answer

FFS all some do on here is moan

Things could be worse

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/revealed-13-premier
£15 for our home friendly on 13:48 - Jul 23 with 5147 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 13:46 - Jul 23 by pencoedjack

Is the obvious answer

Things could be worse

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/revealed-13-premier

All T2C has ever done is moan the moaning tw*t.

£15 for our home friendly on 13:50 - Jul 23 with 5117 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Is the obvious answer

Things could be worse

Wow.

We are the second most expensive team to watch in the Premier League. What an absolute joke.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2014 13:51]

£15 for our home friendly on 13:52 - Jul 23 with 5112 views_

Is the obvious answer

Things could be worse

No mate, that's not the obvious answer, far facking from it!!

People (loyal fans) won't forget what's going on now. We all hope we can stay at the top for as long as possible, but penny pinching on insignificant amounts for the club but significant savings for the everyday fan leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

The more us fans feel fed up the less will go... and when the going may get tough again it will be the biggest mistake they will make ever.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 5106 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 13:52 - Jul 23 by _

No mate, that's not the obvious answer, far facking from it!!

People (loyal fans) won't forget what's going on now. We all hope we can stay at the top for as long as possible, but penny pinching on insignificant amounts for the club but significant savings for the everyday fan leaves a very bad taste in the mouth.

The more us fans feel fed up the less will go... and when the going may get tough again it will be the biggest mistake they will make ever.

So you're not going then?

£15 for our home friendly on 13:55 - Jul 23 with 5090 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 13:36 - Jul 23 by Phil_S

You clearly elected not to read Phil's follow up to that post where he admitted he made a mistake?

At £15 for a friendly given the costs of opening the stadium for the game itself it feels about right especially as the kids tickets are (from memory) substantially cheaper for the game - what was wrong was that I could only buy two tickets for my two season ticket seats when the new crap ticket system went live.

As for the buy 3 for the price of 3 that was just plain crazy (and wrong)

This post has been edited by an administrator

Phil,

They don't have to make a profit on every single occasion. You know, sometimes, the club can give something back to the supporter. No-one's asking for a freebie but it would be a kind gesture and leave a good feel-factor if once in a while the fans thought - Fair play, that's generous... good value.... not feeling like we're being ripped off all the time.

£15 for our home friendly on 13:57 - Jul 23 with 5081 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 13:53 - Jul 23 by Darran

So you're not going then?

Do you know what, fack 'em and no I won't. The first friendly i can remember missing ever....

£15 for our home friendly on 13:58 - Jul 23 with 5072 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 13:55 - Jul 23 by _

Phil,

They don't have to make a profit on every single occasion. You know, sometimes, the club can give something back to the supporter. No-one's asking for a freebie but it would be a kind gesture and leave a good feel-factor if once in a while the fans thought - Fair play, that's generous... good value.... not feeling like we're being ripped off all the time.

At £15 for a friendly against one of Spain's top sides I don't see it as being ripped off - anything more than that I would be with you but at £15 the cost feels about right. I'm sure someone will remind me what I paid for the Under 16 ticket for the same game as I cant remember

Away games almost always have a 'sweetener' for the travelling fan and I have already said I would like to see matchday priced reduced but for the Villareal game then I don't see it as overpriced.

Anyone going to Plymouth on Saturday? Whats the cost?
£15 for our home friendly on 14:00 - Jul 23 with 5061 viewsDarran

£15 for our home friendly on 13:57 - Jul 23 by _

Do you know what, fack 'em and no I won't. The first friendly i can remember missing ever....

They're going to be devastated.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024