Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' 21:53 - Jul 23 with 3467 viewsKennedy

Ben Davies has expressed his heartfelt gratitude to everyone at Swansea City after completing his move to Tottenham Hotspur.
The Neath-born product ended a 13-year association with the Swans following his switch to the London club today.
The Welsh international, who had been with the Swans since the age of eight, was keen to issue his thanks to the club.

More here.......

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ben-davies-thanks-1777701.aspx

Hopefully won't get booed but no doubt the haters will

Just call me JFK

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 07:31 - Jul 24 with 970 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck ben, our only local product for half a decade. Sad to see you go.

Beware of the Risen People

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 08:59 - Jul 24 with 904 viewsskippyjack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 00:22 - Jul 24 by Starsky

Pretty much the way you spoke about Danny Graham in his first season with us.

Yep... New manager New tactics.. didn't learn.. in the championship.. it'll be a test for Ben at Spurs.. but pochettino is a good coach.. if he spent another season with us.. and then moved.. he'd be more prepared.. it's all opinion anyway.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 09:17 - Jul 24 with 874 viewsicecoldjack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 08:59 - Jul 24 by skippyjack

Yep... New manager New tactics.. didn't learn.. in the championship.. it'll be a test for Ben at Spurs.. but pochettino is a good coach.. if he spent another season with us.. and then moved.. he'd be more prepared.. it's all opinion anyway.

Summed up pretty well.

Its important a playyer knows he's wanted. Poch has chase him and Made it clear he wanted him , brenden with his blarney makes you feel wanted for about 5 mins ! Considering he was looking at other players at the same time it wouldnt IMO inspire great confidence in going there, especially when borini,aspas and to a lesser extent joe seem to fall in and out with rodgers thinking.

So baring that in mind it was a smart move for ben to go to Spurs instead.

Its going to be tough but i Think poch Will look to improve his rough edges .

I wish him all the best. 50 k a week in wages for 4 yrs , mad to turn that down when your only one injury away from being out of the game completely.
Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 09:37 - Jul 24 with 839 viewsperchrockjack

Its a gamble of Spurts part. He s not the finished article by an means and he will truly be under the spotlight in London .
I d have rather him stayed but if we can cover his absence then fookhim.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 14:07 - Jul 24 with 763 viewsowainglyndwr

Ben and his family are Swans supporter's

So good luck to him.
He will earn a lot more money and play in European cup completions.
He is a Jack and always will be
Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 14:16 - Jul 24 with 749 viewsDarran

I've got nothing against Davies but the "I never wanted to leave but I did at the first opportunity" is quite sickly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:17 - Jul 24 with 718 viewsC_jack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 14:16 - Jul 24 by Darran

I've got nothing against Davies but the "I never wanted to leave but I did at the first opportunity" is quite sickly.

I don't doubt his sincerity. Maybe he didn't want to leave his home, but some times you have to go, in any job.

Not like he was kicking a fuss up about it.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:18 - Jul 24 with 714 viewsNeath_Jack

What did you expect him to say ffs?
Yeah, I'm landed Spurs came in for me, if it's not bad enough living in Neath, i had to go to that shithole everyday to train, and have ewe seen the new cameras on Fabian Way butt? Right ballache mun, anyway, thanks for giving me the chance, I'm off now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:23 - Jul 24 with 707 viewslondonlisa2001

I tend to agree and also felt similar about Joe.

It's the 'you never know when these opps will come up' type stuff that make me laugh - fair enough when you're 27 - not so much when you're 21/22. Having said that, he seems like a nice lad and i wish him well (apart from I hope he has a mare against us - twice).

I also think it's a great deal for us all round - saw some footage of Gylfi from the loan spell last night and I'd forgotten just how good he was at picking out a pass. Problem was then it was Danny Graham on the end of them and with all respect to him, Bony's in a different class. Exciting times ahead.
Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:30 - Jul 24 with 698 viewsDarran

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:18 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

What did you expect him to say ffs?
Yeah, I'm landed Spurs came in for me, if it's not bad enough living in Neath, i had to go to that shithole everyday to train, and have ewe seen the new cameras on Fabian Way butt? Right ballache mun, anyway, thanks for giving me the chance, I'm off now.

I don't expect him to say anything in particular but I'm sorry that I don't get taken in with all the mushy bollox that surrounds the modern day player.

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:32 - Jul 24 with 692 viewsItchySphincter

I agree.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:33 - Jul 24 with 690 viewsNeath_Jack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:30 - Jul 24 by Darran

I don't expect him to say anything in particular but I'm sorry that I don't get taken in with all the mushy bollox that surrounds the modern day player.

Haters gonna hate innit.

Give him a break, he's obviously been asked to put out a statement, and that's what he's done. If he hadn't have said anything it would have been wrong as well. Some* grown ups on here need to give their head a wobble.

*Most.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:53 - Jul 24 with 671 viewsDarran

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:33 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

Haters gonna hate innit.

Give him a break, he's obviously been asked to put out a statement, and that's what he's done. If he hadn't have said anything it would have been wrong as well. Some* grown ups on here need to give their head a wobble.

*Most.

I would have been of the same opinion had he kept schtum.

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 16:01 - Jul 24 with 660 viewsskippyjack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 15:30 - Jul 24 by Darran

I know.. poor Ben like.. didn't want to leave.. but did anyway.. aww let's all feel sorry for a multi million pound footballer.. aww.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 19:28 - Jul 24 with 622 viewskarnataka

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 23:44 - Jul 23 by swancity

Gone at the very first waving of a cheque book . Disappointing from a local lad isn't it. No doubt he will be clapped by one and all at the liberty if he gets into the Spurs side. Is this what football has come to.

Think that's a bit harsh. If he'd joined one of the cash-splashers like QPR or Newcastle cos they dangled him a £60k a week carrot, I'd have agreed with you but going to a club like Spurs is a very big step up the ladder for him as they'll be aiming for a Champions League spot this season with Pochettino in charge so I don't blame him.

I wish him well but that's as far as it goes for me.
Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 19:44 - Jul 24 with 594 viewsNeath_Jack

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 19:28 - Jul 24 by karnataka

Think that's a bit harsh. If he'd joined one of the cash-splashers like QPR or Newcastle cos they dangled him a £60k a week carrot, I'd have agreed with you but going to a club like Spurs is a very big step up the ladder for him as they'll be aiming for a Champions League spot this season with Pochettino in charge so I don't blame him.

I wish him well but that's as far as it goes for me.

You know how it goes on here, woe betide anyone that dares to leave us or indeed turn us down when we try to sign them. T'was ever thus.

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 21:15 - Jul 24 with 553 viewsDrizzy

Imagine that, talented young Swansea lad moves to London in search of greater opportunities and significant a pay rise.

Best of luck to young Ben, I think he'll be a consistent left back for Spurs for the next 7-8 years, but I'd make that trade for Gylfi every day of the week.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 541 viewskarnataka

Ben Davies - 'Thanks For Everything' on 21:15 - Jul 24 by Drizzy

Imagine that, talented young Swansea lad moves to London in search of greater opportunities and significant a pay rise.

Best of luck to young Ben, I think he'll be a consistent left back for Spurs for the next 7-8 years, but I'd make that trade for Gylfi every day of the week.

Yes, provided we had Neil Taylor to slot in there every day of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024