Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best league? 01:15 - Jul 24 with 1208 viewsSwan91

Just read on sky sports that Gareth bale thinks the Spanish league has overtaken the BPL as the best league in the world. What do you guys think?

I'm not too sure. La liga pretty much has only 3 great teams and the. BPL games seem to be more exciting and unpredictable. But then again I wouldn't say that any BPL team would make the top 5 team list in the world.

La liga is similar to the budesliga. 2 or 3 world class teams but the rest of the league is not that great.
The best league? on 01:34 - Jul 24 with 1183 viewsSilverSurfer

hes bound to say that since the club that pays his wages is the biggest team in that league
The best league? on 01:44 - Jul 24 with 1178 viewsSwan91

The best league? on 01:34 - Jul 24 by SilverSurfer

hes bound to say that since the club that pays his wages is the biggest team in that league

True. But I have noticed a slight change with all the amazing players that have gone to Spain. It does seem like they have the worlds best players in that league. Because of that it does feel like all the hype and attention has gone over to Spain more again this past year. The BPL is missing a player like ronaldo or neymar to bring the excitement
The best league? on 07:15 - Jul 24 with 1084 viewslonglostjack

It amazes me that Real Madrid and Barca can still fund such huge transfers given the economic crisis in Spain.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The best league? on 07:16 - Jul 24 with 1081 viewsLohengrin

I think young Gareth is playing to the gallery a bit there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The best league? on 07:18 - Jul 24 with 1077 viewsQuakerJack

I think he's right. Who's playing in the super cup final this season?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

The best league? on 07:31 - Jul 24 with 1059 viewsLohengrin

The best league? on 07:18 - Jul 24 by QuakerJack

I think he's right. Who's playing in the super cup final this season?

I had to Google that as I honestly had no idea who was playing in it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The best league? on 08:52 - Jul 24 with 972 viewsLe_Swans

The best league? on 07:15 - Jul 24 by longlostjack

It amazes me that Real Madrid and Barca can still fund such huge transfers given the economic crisis in Spain.

It could be to do with the fact that Barca and Madrid each get about £150m in TV money per season, doesn't get shared out evenly like the Premier League, a fact that helps make our league a lot more competitive than others.
The best league? on 09:25 - Jul 24 with 918 viewsJackFish

The quality at the top is undoubtedly higher in La Liga, and they also consistently outperform the PL in the Europa League. They do usually take it more seriously than our sides though, and I think the PL is more competitive in general. The imbalance of TV money in Spain has helped RM and Barca to the detriment of the rest of the league while here it's more even.
Login to get fewer ads

The best league? on 09:32 - Jul 24 with 898 viewsCliffTop

He is correct in that the some of the best players in the world play there, but it lacks in terms of competitiveness week in week out.

Where as we often see upsets with lesser teams beating the big guns, that very rarely happens in Spain. So it depends how you measure the best league in the world - top 4 players in the world - Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Bale. Or competitiveness through the entire league.
The best league? on 09:42 - Jul 24 with 877 viewsItchySphincter

The nature of La Liga is more akin to the SPL than the Premier League. They may have a couple of superior teams but we have a better all round competition, I'm sure Bale knows that but if went from an also-ran team in a tough league to a premium team sucking up major honours in a mediocre league I'd be blowing smoke up their arse too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The best league? on 09:43 - Jul 24 with 868 viewsdickythorpe

Bale speaks like a 12 yr old boy.
The best league? on 09:45 - Jul 24 with 863 viewsdickythorpe

Just hope he keeps turning out for Wales.
The best league? on 09:47 - Jul 24 with 862 viewsItchySphincter

Doesn't look as much like a monkey as he used to though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The best league? on 11:06 - Jul 24 with 792 viewsC_jack

A lot of common generalisations as ever in this old classic

La Liga only has 3 great teams? 3/4 teams that competed in the european finals last season were from Spain. The top 10 would comfortably survive in the Premier League.

Our own club managed a great win over Valencia and they still managed to finish above us and go further into the competition.

Looking forward to seeing Athletic Bilbao in the CL this year, although they have lost Herrera to United.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The best league? on 12:53 - Jul 24 with 733 viewsGiant_Penguins

I guess it depends on how you rate a league. For me personally the PL is by far the best league in how even the teams are, and how many could actually win the league. Of course quality is also a factor, since you could probably find many other lower leagues that are far more even. So its a combination of how many top teams there are in a league. I'm sure if you rate a league by which has the 2 best teams the la primera is one of the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024