Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh should be taught in all British schools 14:11 - Jul 24 with 7858 viewsyescomeon

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/22/welsh-taught-in-british-sch

Interesting article sent to me by a friend. Some good points well made.

Upthecity!

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 19:57 - Jul 25 with 869 viewsBovi

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 19:53 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Perhaps you should take up teaching. That would make us all more optimistic about our kids' future. Get on it.

Teaching would be a big step down for me, I wouldn't lower myself. Why don't you take it up, could be a rung or two up the ladder for you

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 19:58 - Jul 25 with 864 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 19:57 - Jul 25 by Bovi

Teaching would be a big step down for me, I wouldn't lower myself. Why don't you take it up, could be a rung or two up the ladder for you

Can't afford the pay cut old son.

Poll: Tory leader

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 854 viewsThursday

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 19:58 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Can't afford the pay cut old son.

Nothing to do with you not being to able speak Welsh then?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 20:04]
Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 849 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:04 - Jul 25 by Thursday

Nothing to do with you not being to able speak Welsh then?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 20:04]

Possibly that as well as having nowhere near the skills required to be a teacher.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:11 - Jul 25 with 841 viewsBovi

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:04 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly that as well as having nowhere near the skills required to be a teacher.

So you're basically an ignorant tw@t who can't speak Welsh then son.

Waste of time engaging in any conversation with you then

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:12 - Jul 25 with 832 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:11 - Jul 25 by Bovi

Heh. You're funny. I'm glad you're here. We can keep you as a pet.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:13 - Jul 25 with 831 viewsDarran

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:11 - Jul 25 by Bovi

Can you stop abusing my posters please Bovine?
Thanks in advance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:43 - Jul 25 with 814 viewscyril

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:14 - Jul 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes, let's drag the English school children's education down to the embarrassing levels the Welsh children's is currently at too.

Dys has a point still stuck in the 70s with our education programme

The devil is in the detail

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:45 - Jul 25 with 810 viewsJackfath

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:43 - Jul 25 by cyril

Dys has a point still stuck in the 70s with our education programme

Why is it still stuck in the 70s?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:46 - Jul 25 with 807 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:45 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Because Michael Gove's super reforms didn't apply in Wales. Or something.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:47 - Jul 25 with 803 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:45 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Lots of asbestos still present in the schools.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:48 - Jul 25 with 803 viewsJackfath

#puzzled

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 21:06 - Jul 25 with 792 viewsKilkennyjack

Great idea. All for it.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 23:30 - Jul 25 with 770 viewsBovi

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 20:13 - Jul 25 by Darran

Can you stop abusing my posters please Bovine?
Thanks in advance.

This tw@t has been on my case from day 1 Daz. I hope you're going to say the same to him too

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 749 viewsperchrockjack

I warned you BOVI about taking on Clasie.
I have and am still alive but not all are able to .

You r e a bit of a lad aren't ya.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 10:01 - Jul 26 with 746 viewsperchrockjack

The SCOTS arew pretty patriotic but few speak the Gaelic away from the remote areas exactly as it is in Wales.
PEOPLE go where there is a living to be made and this means English will be the lingua franca. Sorry but that s how it is.

Be proud in yourself first...everytime

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:16 - Jul 26 with 735 viewsC_jack

There's more to learning a new language than simply using it on your holibobs in another country. The process even if you never use the language again increases intelligence in all parts of the brain. Very young children who grow up with two languages often have very little difficulty using their memory to learn other things.

Adding to that any employer that can see a young person has taken the time to learn a new language can see application and aptitude.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:21 - Jul 26 with 731 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:16 - Jul 26 by C_jack

There's more to learning a new language than simply using it on your holibobs in another country. The process even if you never use the language again increases intelligence in all parts of the brain. Very young children who grow up with two languages often have very little difficulty using their memory to learn other things.

Adding to that any employer that can see a young person has taken the time to learn a new language can see application and aptitude.

So, Welsh is good, or not?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:24 - Jul 26 with 727 viewsC_jack

As good as learning any other language is at a young age.

We have one so we might as well use it.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:32 - Jul 26 with 723 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:24 - Jul 26 by C_jack

As good as learning any other language is at a young age.

We have one so we might as well use it.

Totally agree.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 710 viewsBovi

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 09:57 - Jul 26 by perchrockjack

I warned you BOVI about taking on Clasie.
I have and am still alive but not all are able to .

You r e a bit of a lad aren't ya.

He's just a rank amateur butty

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:10 - Jul 26 with 695 viewsStarsky

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 18:45 - Jul 24 by perchrockjack

Don't mind being shot at but its the truth,really it is.
Welsh would only be spoken in ne WALES parts of CARMS and north PEMBS if not subsidised massively.
WALES is tiny in the world .Its economy utterly reliant on England and bilingualism would help.
KIDS need to be bilingual in langauges that will help them in commerce and business not because of a need to comply by some welsh quango.FRENCH,,Italian,Spanish,German,Mandarin,Portuguese, Japanese are the languages.

Theres not many companies in Wales of any worth to have Welsh as an advantage. Many firms are leaving WALES sadly. MAYBE IF WE GREW UP A BIT AND LOOKED AT THE BIG WORLD we d be better off.

Absolutely bang on the money

It's just the internet, init.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:13 - Jul 26 with 693 viewsStarsky

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:15 - Jul 25 by perchrockjack

complete crap with respect. Welsh culture was /is that of industry. Welsh was not the language of the Industrial areas of WALES ,mainly the rural less populated areas.

You do not need to speak Welsh to understand the "culture". What do we mean as culture. If its language based then the two largest cities, sorry make that 3 have none.

Swansea has massive industrial heritage/culture when it was pre eminent in copper smelting, coal exporting,iron/steel, tinplate. THAT IS MY CULTURE. Vast majority of Swansea people do not speak Welsh many don't want to and to effectively call them cultureless is pitiful and disrespectful.

Wales culture sdeems to be back biting and squabbling

Spot on again

It's just the internet, init.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:50 - Jul 26 with 685 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 23:30 - Jul 25 by Bovi

This tw@t has been on my case from day 1 Daz. I hope you're going to say the same to him too

I have never once abused you.

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 18:35 - Jul 27 with 623 viewstrampie

Welsh should be taught in all British schools on 14:15 - Jul 25 by perchrockjack

complete crap with respect. Welsh culture was /is that of industry. Welsh was not the language of the Industrial areas of WALES ,mainly the rural less populated areas.

You do not need to speak Welsh to understand the "culture". What do we mean as culture. If its language based then the two largest cities, sorry make that 3 have none.

Swansea has massive industrial heritage/culture when it was pre eminent in copper smelting, coal exporting,iron/steel, tinplate. THAT IS MY CULTURE. Vast majority of Swansea people do not speak Welsh many don't want to and to effectively call them cultureless is pitiful and disrespectful.

Wales culture sdeems to be back biting and squabbling

Absolute rubbish, Welsh culure has been on going for about 2000 years, you are airbrushing the likes of Owain Glyndwr, Hywel Dda and Gwenllian out of history.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024