Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad size 07:37 - Jul 25 with 1780 viewsJACKARSE

What squad size do you think we should have this season ?

I believe the PL rules are up to 25 with as many under 21s in addition. The squad must have at least 8 'home grown' players - those from the British Isles born and bred or those who have been affiliated to one of the home nations for at least 3 years before they are 21.

So for example Donnelly and Poz were freebies in the squad last year and Laudrup wanted a squad of 22/23 plus under 21s. Donnelly is 22 now so should he be in the squad as third striker or loaned out ?

Fulton and Kingsley are freebies as they are under 21 and also serve as home grown.

I think there are a few key areas to cover yet as in signings (JDG, RB, CDM, RW)

Be interested to know your thoughts.
Squad size on 11:00 - Jul 25 with 1646 viewsJACKARSE

OK my first take ..... I don't see us having a squad of 24 plus Fulton and Kingsley but I would be very happy and confident if this happened.

24 MAN SQUAD
Cornell - (HG)
Tremmel
Fabianski
Taylor - (HG)
Rangel
Tiendalli
Ash - (HG)
Chico
Amat
Bartley - (HG)
Leon - (HG)
Jonjo - (HG)
Ki
Gylfi
Routs - (HG)
Dyer - (HG)
Montero
Gomis
Wilf
Emnes
ANOther - (CDM)
ANOther - (RB)
ANOther - (Striker)
ANOther - (JDG)

UNDER 21's
Zabret
Kingsley
Fulton
Plus Others

ON LOAN
Jazz - Last Chance
Donnelly - Last Chance

I think Jazz and Donnelly will be in the squad, Monk seems to like them and Huw will be watching the wallet, so I can only see us signing JDG and a CDM.
Squad size on 11:43 - Jul 25 with 1602 viewsSTEVE1

Squad size on 11:00 - Jul 25 by JACKARSE

OK my first take ..... I don't see us having a squad of 24 plus Fulton and Kingsley but I would be very happy and confident if this happened.

24 MAN SQUAD
Cornell - (HG)
Tremmel
Fabianski
Taylor - (HG)
Rangel
Tiendalli
Ash - (HG)
Chico
Amat
Bartley - (HG)
Leon - (HG)
Jonjo - (HG)
Ki
Gylfi
Routs - (HG)
Dyer - (HG)
Montero
Gomis
Wilf
Emnes
ANOther - (CDM)
ANOther - (RB)
ANOther - (Striker)
ANOther - (JDG)

UNDER 21's
Zabret
Kingsley
Fulton
Plus Others

ON LOAN
Jazz - Last Chance
Donnelly - Last Chance

I think Jazz and Donnelly will be in the squad, Monk seems to like them and Huw will be watching the wallet, so I can only see us signing JDG and a CDM.

Gylfi is classed as home grown while you have to include all players at the club so the likes of Tate and Canas if still at the clubcan only be left off if you go over the 25 so it is important these get shipped out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024