Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this will be our fourth season in the top tier 17:40 - Jul 25 with 50548 viewsStarsky

Which was your favourite & also the strongest squad? I emphasise squad, not results/games.

The first season where we initially struggled to cope with the pace but finished strong under BR.
The second season, our centenary season won the cup, good placing, tailed off after cup win.
The third season, the season of change and discontent. Monk takes over and we avoid relegation
This season... The unknown. Looks to be some great acquisitions and I'm excited to start the season.

Personally, I think the second seasons squad was my favourite, Michu Hernandes & De Guzman joining us, really good feel about the squad/team

The strongest squad? I think this season, with a couple of expected extra arrivals potentially to eclipse all the other squads. We've lost some brilliant but inconsistent players but the replacements could indeed have a bigger & more consistent impact than the ones who left.

I'm not expecting any replies to be honest. I've been talking to myself on here all afternoon.

It's just the internet, init.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 6352 viewsDarran

Finishing 12th in our third season isn't avoiding relegation.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:44 - Jul 25 with 6346 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:42 - Jul 25 by Darran

Finishing 12th in our third season isn't avoiding relegation.

Technically we did avoid relegation and so did Sunderland who performed the great escape.
They finished near us.

NEXT?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:46 - Jul 25 with 6335 viewshammy

I think this season has the potential to be much better than the previous three. If Bony stays and gets up and running with a few early goals, Gomis gets a few and Siggy settles in quickly then added to Emnes, Shelvey, stalwarts such as Dyer and Routledge and the new boy Montero then we should be able to smash the 50 goals we scored last season !

Our defence and defensive midfield should be better and less worn out than last year. Expecting Fabianski to have a stellar first season as he shows Arse what he is missing !

A couple more signings in the RD and DM positions should see us have a very good season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:47 - Jul 25 with 6327 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:46 - Jul 25 by hammy

I think this season has the potential to be much better than the previous three. If Bony stays and gets up and running with a few early goals, Gomis gets a few and Siggy settles in quickly then added to Emnes, Shelvey, stalwarts such as Dyer and Routledge and the new boy Montero then we should be able to smash the 50 goals we scored last season !

Our defence and defensive midfield should be better and less worn out than last year. Expecting Fabianski to have a stellar first season as he shows Arse what he is missing !

A couple more signings in the RD and DM positions should see us have a very good season.

I agree.
Come on, I'm going for a 20 pager.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:48 - Jul 25 with 6318 viewsDarran

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:44 - Jul 25 by Starsky

Technically we did avoid relegation and so did Sunderland who performed the great escape.
They finished near us.

NEXT?

Bollox avoid relegation my arse.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:50 - Jul 25 with 6315 viewsnyc_swans

probably the first one. i feel like the passing was a lot crisper and the goals were more intricate. that game away at fulham from that season is probably the best game i've ever seen the club play.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:51 - Jul 25 with 6307 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:48 - Jul 25 by Darran

Bollox avoid relegation my arse.

Answer the question FFS...
Don't get all hung up on the unimportant points.
That's what happened to my other thread a few days ago.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:51 - Jul 25 with 6302 viewsDarran

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:50 - Jul 25 by nyc_swans

probably the first one. i feel like the passing was a lot crisper and the goals were more intricate. that game away at fulham from that season is probably the best game i've ever seen the club play.

I agree about the Fulham game.

Login to get fewer ads

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:53 - Jul 25 with 6294 viewsPhil_S

We were brilliant for the first six months of that second season, so many brilliant memories like winning at Anfield, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge - all places I never expected to see us win - happy happy days
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:53 - Jul 25 with 6290 viewsStarsky

I'm going shopping. I'll be back in an hour to answer all your questions/points of view.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:31 - Jul 25 with 6207 viewsStarsky

FFS...

Quantum physics, a time, space continuum... Largely theoretical?
Discuss...

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:33 - Jul 25 with 6185 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It has to be the second season even if the final third of the season was woeful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:38 - Jul 25 with 6181 viewsC_jack

We were dynamite up to that cup win, our season really was over after that.

Don't think we'll get back to the heights of February 2013 in a long while.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:03 - Jul 25 with 6086 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:38 - Jul 25 by C_jack

We were dynamite up to that cup win, our season really was over after that.

Don't think we'll get back to the heights of February 2013 in a long while.

We might this season.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:54 - Jul 25 with 6043 viewsItchySphincter

Although we weren't at our best last season we were never in a relegation dogfight.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:58 - Jul 25 with 6033 viewsDr_Winston

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:53 - Jul 25 by Phil_S

We were brilliant for the first six months of that second season, so many brilliant memories like winning at Anfield, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge - all places I never expected to see us win - happy happy days

This.

The second season we were much more fun to watch than in the first. Rodgers was a bit too cautious for me, although it was probably wiser to play it safe in our first year up there.

Shame it went to sh*t after February.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:01 - Jul 25 with 6022 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm on my fourth season of Sons of Anarchy. It's the best one so far.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 21:01]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:22 - Jul 25 with 5990 viewspencoedjack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:50 - Jul 25 by nyc_swans

Yep we were quality that day ..... Had a great day prior as well.

What year did we tear WBA to shreds ? Although I think that performance was just the 1st half .
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:26 - Jul 25 with 5905 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:22 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

Yep we were quality that day ..... Had a great day prior as well.

What year did we tear WBA to shreds ? Although I think that performance was just the 1st half .

3-1 v WBA in our second season.

I’d have to agree that was the best and most enjoyable season we have had so far, starting from day one - the 5 nil over qpr scum. The 3 nil win over Fulham was a great performance, but for me that qpr game was just perfect.

I think our squad is getting stronger and stronger. So, our squad last season was the strongest, but keep Wilf, and we will pass that this season.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:22 - Jul 26 with 5796 viewsJethroJack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:47 - Jul 25 by Starsky

I agree.

20 pager
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:24 - Jul 26 with 5792 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:22 - Jul 26 by JethroJack

20 pager

Nearly onto page 2, it might run and run

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:50 - Jul 26 with 5763 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:24 - Jul 26 by SwansNZ

Nearly onto page 2, it might run and run

It might if I can get Shaky to appear

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:59 - Jul 26 with 5739 viewspencoedjack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:26 - Jul 25 by SwansNZ

3-1 v WBA in our second season.

I’d have to agree that was the best and most enjoyable season we have had so far, starting from day one - the 5 nil over qpr scum. The 3 nil win over Fulham was a great performance, but for me that qpr game was just perfect.

I think our squad is getting stronger and stronger. So, our squad last season was the strongest, but keep Wilf, and we will pass that this season.

Mate all of those games you mentioned are among my favs pl performance wise.

Qpr away on that baking hot barmy day was awesome.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:08 - Jul 26 with 5720 viewsDrizzle

So we were brilliant for the first 6 months under Laudrup even though we didn't win a league game from the end of August to the middle of October. M'kay. Selective recall saves the day once again.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:09 - Jul 26 with 5719 viewsWhiterockin

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:47 - Jul 25 by Starsky

I agree.

The only way you will get a 20 pager is if you keep putting 8 posts on a page and answering your own questions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024