Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this will be our fourth season in the top tier 17:40 - Jul 25 with 51602 viewsStarsky

Which was your favourite & also the strongest squad? I emphasise squad, not results/games.

The first season where we initially struggled to cope with the pace but finished strong under BR.
The second season, our centenary season won the cup, good placing, tailed off after cup win.
The third season, the season of change and discontent. Monk takes over and we avoid relegation
This season... The unknown. Looks to be some great acquisitions and I'm excited to start the season.

Personally, I think the second seasons squad was my favourite, Michu Hernandes & De Guzman joining us, really good feel about the squad/team

The strongest squad? I think this season, with a couple of expected extra arrivals potentially to eclipse all the other squads. We've lost some brilliant but inconsistent players but the replacements could indeed have a bigger & more consistent impact than the ones who left.

I'm not expecting any replies to be honest. I've been talking to myself on here all afternoon.

It's just the internet, init.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:15 - Jul 26 with 2007 viewsTom1912

We'd have been right in the mix of the relegation battle if we'd lost that game to Cardiff too
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 23:50 - Jul 26 with 1962 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:15 - Jul 26 by Tom1912

We'd have been right in the mix of the relegation battle if we'd lost that game to Cardiff too

Indeed

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 00:00 - Jul 27 with 1957 viewsSwansNZ

Page 3 already, well on the way to a 20 pager

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:16 - Jul 27 with 1926 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 00:00 - Jul 27 by SwansNZ

Page 3 already, well on the way to a 20 pager

We need to spice it up a bit...

...the first season is my favourite. This is when Orlandi's potential was finally realised.
He terrorised Villa at Villa park and helped Routledge score his first Premier goal in 10 years.
Then he 'took one for the team' and went off with a rare injury.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:16 - Jul 27 with 1899 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:16 - Jul 27 by Starsky

We need to spice it up a bit...

...the first season is my favourite. This is when Orlandi's potential was finally realised.
He terrorised Villa at Villa park and helped Routledge score his first Premier goal in 10 years.
Then he 'took one for the team' and went off with a rare injury.

Indeed

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:21 - Jul 27 with 1895 viewsWitneyjack

Our first season in the top tier, 1981-82, when we beat teams such as Liverpool and Man Utd. Who can forget the 3-2 win away at the previous season's runners up, Ipswich? That was potentially match of the season! As for recent times, I agree our fourth season when we started with that thumping of QPR.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 15:08 - Jul 27 with 1849 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:21 - Jul 27 by Witneyjack

Our first season in the top tier, 1981-82, when we beat teams such as Liverpool and Man Utd. Who can forget the 3-2 win away at the previous season's runners up, Ipswich? That was potentially match of the season! As for recent times, I agree our fourth season when we started with that thumping of QPR.

I was at the Ipswich game. We outplayed them. Loved that trip

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:07 - Jul 27 with 1821 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 15:08 - Jul 27 by Starsky

I was at the Ipswich game. We outplayed them. Loved that trip

I really did...

Login to get fewer ads

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 1813 viewsWitneyjack

One of the games of the season.......
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 04:56 - Jul 28 with 1781 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:21 - Jul 27 by Witneyjack

One of the games of the season.......

It surely was

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 06:41 - Jul 28 with 1762 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 04:56 - Jul 28 by Starsky

It surely was

Brilliant

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:45 - Jul 28 with 1708 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 06:41 - Jul 28 by SwansNZ

Brilliant

One to remember for sure

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:32 - Jul 28 with 1688 viewsBloodyhills

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:42 - Jul 25 by Darran

Finishing 12th in our third season isn't avoiding relegation.

We didn't go down did we, so we avoided relegation.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:36 - Jul 29 with 1648 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:32 - Jul 28 by Bloodyhills

We didn't go down did we, so we avoided relegation.

Good point, well made

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:03 - Jul 29 with 1634 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:36 - Jul 29 by Starsky

Good point, well made

Man City also avoided relegation. I bet they were happy.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:11 - Jul 29 with 1613 viewsJackSomething

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:03 - Jul 29 by SwansNZ

I heard Toure wanted to leave after the club failed to bake him a cake to celebrate escaping relegation...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 1535 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:03 - Jul 29 by SwansNZ

I don't think they mathematically safe until January.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:30 - Jul 29 with 1498 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 13:07 - Jul 29 by Starsky

I don't think they mathematically safe until January.

Wow. Scary time for their fans - the bluemoon forum must have gone into meltdown

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 01:03 - Jul 30 with 1483 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 18:30 - Jul 29 by SwansNZ

Wow. Scary time for their fans - the bluemoon forum must have gone into meltdown

More confident about this season most of all. Liking the new players

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:12 - Jul 30 with 1428 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 01:03 - Jul 30 by Starsky

More confident about this season most of all. Liking the new players

Another good performance last night

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:57 - Jul 31 with 1394 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:12 - Jul 30 by Starsky

Another good performance last night

If we keep Bony and Montero plays as good as he's looking at the moment then this could well
be my favourite squad

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 15:14 - Jul 31 with 1382 viewsPozuelosSideys

Second season was my fave and the second season we had our strongest squad. Ive already forgotten about the rubbish second half of the season as the first half we were a very good side. Tis the benchmark.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 00:00 - Aug 1 with 1350 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 15:14 - Jul 31 by PozuelosSideys

Second season was my fave and the second season we had our strongest squad. Ive already forgotten about the rubbish second half of the season as the first half we were a very good side. Tis the benchmark.

Indeed

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:33 - Aug 1 with 1321 viewsZut_Alors

I think our back four was strongest in our first season. Williams, Caulker and Monk much stronger cbs than Williams, Chico and Amat/Bartley. Rangel and Taylor in fine form then too.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:11 - Aug 2 with 1291 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 07:33 - Aug 1 by Zut_Alors

I think our back four was strongest in our first season. Williams, Caulker and Monk much stronger cbs than Williams, Chico and Amat/Bartley. Rangel and Taylor in fine form then too.

With respect. Monk could not be classed as a strong Premier league centre half.
I was hoping he'd get a taste of the Premier league to reward him for all his efforts for the Swans.
Nothing more.
Liking him as manager though, so far.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024