Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this will be our fourth season in the top tier 17:40 - Jul 25 with 51409 viewsStarsky

Which was your favourite & also the strongest squad? I emphasise squad, not results/games.

The first season where we initially struggled to cope with the pace but finished strong under BR.
The second season, our centenary season won the cup, good placing, tailed off after cup win.
The third season, the season of change and discontent. Monk takes over and we avoid relegation
This season... The unknown. Looks to be some great acquisitions and I'm excited to start the season.

Personally, I think the second seasons squad was my favourite, Michu Hernandes & De Guzman joining us, really good feel about the squad/team

The strongest squad? I think this season, with a couple of expected extra arrivals potentially to eclipse all the other squads. We've lost some brilliant but inconsistent players but the replacements could indeed have a bigger & more consistent impact than the ones who left.

I'm not expecting any replies to be honest. I've been talking to myself on here all afternoon.

It's just the internet, init.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:17 - Jul 26 with 1791 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:09 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

The only way you will get a 20 pager is if you keep putting 8 posts on a page and answering your own questions.

It might come to that

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:20 - Jul 26 with 1783 viewsWhiterockin

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:17 - Jul 26 by Starsky

It might come to that

OK I will help you out.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 8:20]
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:23 - Jul 26 with 1767 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:08 - Jul 26 by Drizzle

So we were brilliant for the first 6 months under Laudrup even though we didn't win a league game from the end of August to the middle of October. M'kay. Selective recall saves the day once again.

Only 3 defeats there.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:25 - Jul 26 with 1763 viewspencoedjack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:20 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

OK I will help you out.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 8:20]

& me

You really need to get the pointer sisters on the thread to get over 20 pages.

Ill try & help.

I love Labour & hate Man Utd .... Blokes who live with their their gran are a bit wired.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:25 - Jul 26 with 1760 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:08 - Jul 26 by Drizzle

So we were brilliant for the first 6 months under Laudrup even though we didn't win a league game from the end of August to the middle of October. M'kay. Selective recall saves the day once again.

November was glorious...

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:27 - Jul 26 with 1757 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:25 - Jul 26 by Starsky

November was glorious...

January was fantastic

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:29 - Jul 26 with 1749 viewsSwansNZ

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:25 - Jul 26 by Starsky

November was glorious...

August was great. We were top of the league after 2 games (if you don't count Chelsea, having played 3 games)

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:30 - Jul 26 with 1746 viewsLe_Swans

First season for me, the fact we took everyone by surprise, all had us as favourites to go down and we showed that style and substance was a far better option than throwing money around, a few cracking home games too, the Arsenal 3-2 (Walcott's face when we scored a minute after he equalised, priceless) and Moore popping up to beat Man City. Also enjoyed all the media praise we had from our passing style.
Login to get fewer ads

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:33 - Jul 26 with 1738 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:29 - Jul 26 by SwansNZ

August was great. We were top of the league after 2 games (if you don't count Chelsea, having played 3 games)

And that famous cup win at Crawley?
Who can forget Warwick Hunt running on the pitch to hug Garry Monk when he headed that last minute winner to more or less win the cup for us? The rest is history.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 9:52]

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1692 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:30 - Jul 26 by Le_Swans

First season for me, the fact we took everyone by surprise, all had us as favourites to go down and we showed that style and substance was a far better option than throwing money around, a few cracking home games too, the Arsenal 3-2 (Walcott's face when we scored a minute after he equalised, priceless) and Moore popping up to beat Man City. Also enjoyed all the media praise we had from our passing style.

Good shout, great days.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:55 - Jul 26 with 1688 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 08:25 - Jul 26 by pencoedjack

& me

You really need to get the pointer sisters on the thread to get over 20 pages.

Ill try & help.

I love Labour & hate Man Utd .... Blokes who live with their their gran are a bit wired.

Anyone on here still live with their gran?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:58 - Jul 26 with 1687 viewsMattG

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 09:54 - Jul 26 by Starsky

Good shout, great days.

Agreed. The semi-unexpected (by the vast majority of pundits and supporters of other teams) nature of our success was such a buzz while the wins over Arsenal, Man City and Fulham really stand out.

Having said that, I'll never forget checking my phone in Cardiff airport having just got home from holidays to find that we'd beaten QPR 5-0 on their own patch - a special result and prelude to another fantastic season.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:05 - Jul 26 with 1684 viewsStarsky

That first game at Man City... Our enthusiasm kept us in it for nearly an hour but it was then I realised the difference in the pace of the Premier league.
It took us about 4 games to increase our physical & mental ability to compete. That's when Dobbie's marvellous career with the Swans came to an end.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:10 - Jul 26 with 1680 viewsItchySphincter

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:05 - Jul 26 by Starsky

That first game at Man City... Our enthusiasm kept us in it for nearly an hour but it was then I realised the difference in the pace of the Premier league.
It took us about 4 games to increase our physical & mental ability to compete. That's when Dobbie's marvellous career with the Swans came to an end.

That game introduced Aguero and Vorm. Man City had champions stamped all over them from the get-go but Vorm was immense. If he gets anywhere close to that level of performance again Lloris will have a tough fight on his hands.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:41 - Jul 26 with 1654 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 10:10 - Jul 26 by ItchySphincter

That game introduced Aguero and Vorm. Man City had champions stamped all over them from the get-go but Vorm was immense. If he gets anywhere close to that level of performance again Lloris will have a tough fight on his hands.

Indeed

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 1628 viewsBrynmill_Jack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:50 - Jul 25 by nyc_swans

probably the first one. i feel like the passing was a lot crisper and the goals were more intricate. that game away at fulham from that season is probably the best game i've ever seen the club play.

You should have been at QPR the season after Nels! 90 degree heat, many beers consumed in a stunningly beautiful Bayswater/Paddington then we had to go to shepherds bush and watch the side annihilate Rangers 5-0. If Carlsberg did football away trips...........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 12:13 - Jul 26 with 1589 viewsphact0rri

That 3-nil defeat over the capital felt pretty good if I'm honest. To be fair with the way the first one went so rough, and then the sacking of Laundrop I think a lot of us were a little unsteady with how we would fair. I recall a lot of naysayers in media for that match, unsure we could do it with all the unsteadyness off the pitch. with the infighting, the new fill-in coach/player Garry Monk, and the fact we performed so poorly that the prior Welsh derby.

The FA finisher the season before is a close second... it was a splendid campaign and made me proud to support the club, and it was the first time in ages that my father phoned me up to talk about a football match.

But that second Welsh Derby... will go down as one of my proudest moments... and gave me a belief that Garry could do it. course the next few match put the dread back in me. :)

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:19 - Jul 26 with 1560 viewsshandyjack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:01 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

I'm on my fourth season of Sons of Anarchy. It's the best one so far.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 21:01]

wait till the ending of seaosn 6

Poll: Expectation for the season

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:28 - Jul 26 with 1550 viewsshandyjack

in order

Best

1. Swansea 3 - 2 Arsenal ( Winner so soon after Walcotts goal)
2. Swansea 3 - 0 Cardiff ( What a spanking)
3. QPR 0 - Swansea 5 (Michu's arrival)
4. Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea (League away win against the big boys)
5. Swansea 3 - 0 West Brom ( the 3 wingers)

Worst

1.West Ham 2 - 0 Swansea 0 ( dreadful performance)
2. Cardiff 1 - 0 Swansea (Bony on bench, didn't get started)
3. Swansea 3 - 3 Stoke (Penalty from nowhere after being 2 -0 down HT)
4 . Swansea 1 - 2 West Brom (ridiculous second half)

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:41 - Jul 26 with 1541 viewsItchySphincter

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:19 - Jul 26 by shandyjack

wait till the ending of seaosn 6

I'm waiting for season 7, seems to be taking an age. I've been through the cold turkey so it's going to be like a massive relapse when it finally hits netflix.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 15:20 - Jul 26 with 1517 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:28 - Jul 26 by shandyjack

in order

Best

Worst

Great stuff there Shando

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 16:41 - Jul 26 with 1482 viewsDr_Winston

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 14:28 - Jul 26 by shandyjack

in order

Best

Worst

Beating a piss poor Cardiff side better than winning at The Emirates?

Not for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:04 - Jul 26 with 1475 viewsshandyjack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 16:41 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

Beating a piss poor Cardiff side better than winning at The Emirates?

Not for me.

for me it was the whole emotional build up week leading up with ML out and Monk coming in and then we absolutley spanked them

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:13 - Jul 26 with 1468 viewsOldjack

1981—82 season will take some beating

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:14 - Jul 26 with 1467 viewsStarsky

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 17:04 - Jul 26 by shandyjack

for me it was the whole emotional build up week leading up with ML out and Monk coming in and then we absolutley spanked them

I agree

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024