Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
this will be our fourth season in the top tier 17:40 - Jul 25 with 50543 viewsStarsky

Which was your favourite & also the strongest squad? I emphasise squad, not results/games.

The first season where we initially struggled to cope with the pace but finished strong under BR.
The second season, our centenary season won the cup, good placing, tailed off after cup win.
The third season, the season of change and discontent. Monk takes over and we avoid relegation
This season... The unknown. Looks to be some great acquisitions and I'm excited to start the season.

Personally, I think the second seasons squad was my favourite, Michu Hernandes & De Guzman joining us, really good feel about the squad/team

The strongest squad? I think this season, with a couple of expected extra arrivals potentially to eclipse all the other squads. We've lost some brilliant but inconsistent players but the replacements could indeed have a bigger & more consistent impact than the ones who left.

I'm not expecting any replies to be honest. I've been talking to myself on here all afternoon.

It's just the internet, init.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 19:08 - Sep 30 with 892 viewsjackonicko

62 - the number of times Starsky has blatantly googled his numeric examples in this thread.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 19:10 - Sep 30 with 890 viewsStarsky

63% - my exam result in quantum physics

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 19:14 - Sep 30 with 884 viewsMusical_Swan

64 - When I get older, loosing my hair.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 19:49 - Sep 30 with 862 viewsStarsky

65 - lXV

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 19:53 - Sep 30 with 858 viewsSwansNZ

route 66

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:05 - Sep 30 with 853 viewsStarsky

67 - seven and sixty facking blackbirds.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:09 - Sep 30 with 850 viewsSwansNZ

68 Guns

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:15 - Sep 30 with 841 viewsStarsky

69 - Bryan Adams

Login to get fewer ads

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:28 - Sep 30 with 832 viewsjackonicko

70 - the motorway speed limit
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:30 - Sep 30 with 829 viewsexiledclaseboy

71 - the year I was born.

Poll: Tory leader

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:34 - Sep 30 with 821 viewsjackonicko

72 - the rule of 72 really is the answer to life, the universe and everything. Not the answer given 30 posts ago.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:36 - Sep 30 with 818 viewsStarsky

Is 72 the answer to life, the universe and everything? It's definitely the answer to a few economic questions, says Michael Blastland in his regular column.

You know the joke from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in which the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe and everything is 42?

It was a typo. Should have been 72. The author, Douglas Adams, was secretly an economist and statistician who pretended to be a sci-fi writer of comic brilliance to hide his shame. Possibly.

So, 72. Why 72? The rule of 72 is derived, approximately, from 100 times the natural logarithm of 2. But you don't have to worry about where it comes from, only that it works reasonably well.

The rule of 72 helps clarify half the serious economic issues of the day. Compared with a famous joke, this is a dull practicality. But boy it's one really useful dull practicality.

The rule of 72 helps reveal the full effects of change. What it particularly shows is how repeated small changes can blow up.

For example, we're worried at the moment about inflation. How long before inflation, of say 6% a year, halves the real value of your savings? Easy - take 72 and divide it by six. The answer is 12, twelve years before £1,000 under the mattress dribbles into purchasing power worth £500.

Another example. We're also worried about economic growth or growth we're missing while we struggle to rouse ourselves after recession. How long before economic growth of say 2.5% a year would make us collectively twice as rich? Take 72 and divide it by 2.5. The answer is 29, about 29 years at this rate to double the size of the economy.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:43 - Sep 30 with 813 viewsjackonicko

73 - the rule of 73 is brilliant as well, and should keep Starsky occupied for hours googling to try and find it
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 20:57 - Sep 30 with 802 viewsSwansNZ

74 - the 3 day week. How I'd love to have a 3 day week (with full wages, of course)

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:07 - Sep 30 with 794 viewsjackonicko

75 - the year I was let loose on the world
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:09 - Sep 30 with 790 viewsStarsky

76 - that summer!

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:18 - Sep 30 with 776 viewsJoe_bradshaw

77 The year I graduated.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:19 - Sep 30 with 773 viewsSwansNZ

78 Toshack

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:35 - Sep 30 with 760 viewsjackonicko

79 - Thatcher!
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:43 - Sep 30 with 749 viewsSwansNZ

80 - John Lennon RIP

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 21:50 - Sep 30 with 744 viewsjackonicko

81 - my inaugural year as a swans fan
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:09 - Sep 30 with 727 viewsStarsky

82 - the year of our best finish in the top division.

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:18 - Sep 30 with 724 viewsjackonicko

83 - the year of our worst finish in the top division.
this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:33 - Sep 30 with 700 viewsSwansNZ

84 - the year I started work

this will be our fourth season in the top tier on 22:36 - Sep 30 with 691 viewsStarsky

85 - the year we kissed goodbye 2 a couple of million quid.
Gave Dean Saunders away

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024