Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? 18:37 - Jul 25 with 8812 viewsJackfath

Discuss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:21 - Jul 27 with 474 viewsLe_Swans

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:15 - Jul 27 by Banosswan

Triathlon
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 20:17]

And cycling
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:22 - Jul 27 with 473 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Moldova 3,486,000
Armenia 3,018,854
Lithuania 2,956,000
Albania 2,783,000

Wales 3,000,000

These are populations of countries

I don't see these countries competing up there with the greats

Probably due to funding also.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:22 - Jul 27 with 473 viewsperchrockjack

We also IMO condition ourselves to second best.it has to change it would be a start if we forgot about heel dad etc and stepped up to the plate

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:23 - Jul 27 with 470 viewsSwansNZ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:18 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Surely the question is why aren't we?

Talk about a defeatist attitude. Beaten before we even take to the sport in question.

I’m not saying you support England, but they are (as a population) 15-20 times larger than us, but what are they world champions at?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:24 - Jul 27 with 468 viewsC_jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:12 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Which current welsh people compete well in world events?

In which sports do we currently have world champions?

Non Stanford - World Triathlon Champion

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 460 viewsNeath_Jack

Why are Afro-Caribbean people, rubbish at swimming?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 460 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:23 - Jul 27 by SwansNZ

I’m not saying you support England, but they are (as a population) 15-20 times larger than us, but what are they world champions at?

They regularly qualify for major tournaments.
They are currently heading the medal table in the CG.

I'm sorry but you're altering the goal posts by speaking of world champions.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 with 458 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:18 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Surely the question is why aren't we?

Talk about a defeatist attitude. Beaten before we even take to the sport in question.

Surely that's just a personal feeling .

Login to get fewer ads

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:27 - Jul 27 with 450 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Surely that's just a personal feeling .

Are you then happy with the current state of Welsh sport?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:31 - Jul 27 with 444 viewsperchrockjack

Neat hie.down to bone density

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:33 - Jul 27 with 441 viewsSwansNZ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

They regularly qualify for major tournaments.
They are currently heading the medal table in the CG.

I'm sorry but you're altering the goal posts by speaking of world champions.

I'm altering the goal posts? you said "In which sports do we currently have world champions? "

Australia currently head the medal table (although it's close).

Not sure what major tournament England qualify for that Wales don’t - football is well known of course but then again, England very rarely compete well at that very highest level, do they?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 436 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:33 - Jul 27 by SwansNZ

I'm altering the goal posts? you said "In which sports do we currently have world champions? "

Australia currently head the medal table (although it's close).

Not sure what major tournament England qualify for that Wales don’t - football is well known of course but then again, England very rarely compete well at that very highest level, do they?

Are you suggesting Welsh sport is on par with English sport?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 430 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:27 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Are you then happy with the current state of Welsh sport?

The funding seems poor , just as our country is .
So it's a bit poor at the moment .

Do you not think being defeatist is a Personal trait ?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 427 viewsJackfath

Welsh girl about to go in the Swimming! Come on!!!

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 426 viewsC_jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:25 - Jul 27 by Neath_Jack

Why are Afro-Caribbean people, rubbish at swimming?

Ironically, while a Jamaican just came first in her swimming event at the Commonwealth..
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 20:35]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 with 427 viewstrampie

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:38 - Jul 27 by exiledclaseboy

Glamorgan haven't beaten all the Test playing nations either. I don't think they've played at least three of them.

Glamorgan have beaten all the major test nations, often over and over.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:36 - Jul 27 with 422 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 by trampie

Glamorgan have beaten all the major test nations, often over and over.

Ah, you've changed it now to "major" Test playing nations. That's better.

Poll: Tory leader

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:37 - Jul 27 with 418 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 by C_jack

Ironically, while a Jamaican just came first in her swimming event at the Commonwealth..
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 20:35]

One swallow doesn't make a summer. Said the vicar to the housewife.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 20:38]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 409 viewsSwansNZ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:34 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Are you suggesting Welsh sport is on par with English sport?

I'm suggesting Wales are not so shit as sport, as you say they are. For a country with a population of 3 million and a central government that is in England, they do well. As part of the UK, we don't even get to compete at a lot of Olympic sports, except every 4 years — so how do we stack up against Northern Ireland as well as Scotland and England? NI have 1 bronze medal — Wales have 2 gold, 8 silver and 8 bronze — Again, I’d say Wales as a nation, are not shit at sport.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 407 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Welsh girl about to go in the Swimming! Come on!!!

6th

DNQ

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 404 viewstrampie

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:22 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

I expect many nations could pull names out of their history.

Talk about current times man.

Most of the examples I gave are from the modern era.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:42 - Jul 27 with 395 viewstrampie

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:53 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

I responded by saying any sport which you care to mention.

Football.
Netball.
Basketball.
Hockey.
The list is endless.

They are team sports, Wales is a small nation and all small nations suffer from a lack of strength in depth due to their population size, also lots of team sports officiating is subjective and research shows officiating favours the big countries, a double whammy.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:43 - Jul 27 with 392 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:39 - Jul 27 by trampie

Most of the examples I gave are from the modern era.

Amazing to see that Scottish 13 year old girl get a bronze medal. She trains in a 16.75m pool.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:45 - Jul 27 with 383 viewstrampie

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:12 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Which current welsh people compete well in world events?

In which sports do we currently have world champions?

Wales has the current world champion in Triathlon.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:47 - Jul 27 with 377 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:45 - Jul 27 by trampie

Wales has the current world champion in Triathlon.

Indeed.

We are also beating England in Rugby currently.

I need to revise my thoughts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024