Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? 18:37 - Jul 25 with 8813 viewsJackfath

Discuss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:36 - Jul 25 with 813 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:34 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Calum jarvis Bronze

Did you see the ridiculous long "Wenger" coat he walked in wearing? Done well though, he was miles behind at one point.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:36 - Jul 25 with 812 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:35 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Who's Jonathan Edwards?

Triple Jumper who left God who's from Windsor

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 810 viewsLiam

Who's Jonathan Edwards?

Triple jumper always thought he was welsh but realised he's English
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 808 viewsHighjack

Who's Jonathan Edwards?

He's the famous world record holding English triple jumper.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:37 - Jul 25 with 809 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:36 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

Did you see the ridiculous long "Wenger" coat he walked in wearing? Done well though, he was miles behind at one point.

Yes, I said out loud, "Whose coat's that Jacket" and chuckled to myself. If only I had someone to laugh with.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:38 - Jul 25 with 805 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:36 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Triple Jumper who left God who's from Windsor

Jonathan Edwards lost his faith at around about the same time the BBC started offering him pots of cash to present television shows on a Sunday. Hell of a coincidence that. Yeah, also not Welsh.

Poll: Tory leader

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:42 - Jul 25 with 789 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:38 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Jonathan Edwards lost his faith at around about the same time the BBC started offering him pots of cash to present television shows on a Sunday. Hell of a coincidence that. Yeah, also not Welsh.

He's also a big fan of #zeitgeist

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:42 - Jul 25 with 786 viewscentrestandswan

It is not only sport, just look how Scotland and Ireland sell themselves with pseudo tartans and culture we are not even in the same ball park as them. What have we got a national costume of women dressed in a strange outfit of red with a very scary black hat that in its self is manufactured.

You could say we are sh1t at business there are not many great Welsh entrepreneurs, the only Welsh one I can think of is the chap Terry what's his name from Newport.

Wales lacks self confidence at many things, sport being one of them along with business, culture, the arts and self belief. Having said that we do seem to have quite a few decent actors from around South Wales mostly men mark you.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:45 - Jul 25 with 776 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:42 - Jul 25 by centrestandswan

It is not only sport, just look how Scotland and Ireland sell themselves with pseudo tartans and culture we are not even in the same ball park as them. What have we got a national costume of women dressed in a strange outfit of red with a very scary black hat that in its self is manufactured.

You could say we are sh1t at business there are not many great Welsh entrepreneurs, the only Welsh one I can think of is the chap Terry what's his name from Newport.

Wales lacks self confidence at many things, sport being one of them along with business, culture, the arts and self belief. Having said that we do seem to have quite a few decent actors from around South Wales mostly men mark you.

Wales lacks self-confidence because a lot of its citizens spend much of their time telling everyone how rubbish Wales is. Even if they haven't lived here for 40odd years.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:47 - Jul 25 with 764 viewsBanosswan

We've got two or three of the best female triathletes in the world. Unfortunately injured or not selected for these games.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:03 - Jul 25 with 735 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:45 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Wales lacks self-confidence because a lot of its citizens spend much of their time telling everyone how rubbish Wales is. Even if they haven't lived here for 40odd years.

He's going to get you for that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:17 - Jul 25 with 725 viewstf_jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:50 - Jul 25 by Aquinas

Calzaghe, Woosnam, Bale, Giggs, Ramsey, 6 nations champions regularly, Tanni Grey-Thompson.

We aren't that bad for a country of around 3 mil. Greece is about 4 times the size of us and they're wan.k at everything, same with Belgium (until recently in football).

Of the 3 million,only just over 2 million as welsh,according to the census.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:18 - Jul 25 with 720 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:03 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

He's going to get you for that.

I've dropped a couple of little baits tonight. Be interesting to see which ones he bites.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:30 - Jul 25 with 700 viewsshingle

The Welsh have not got the mental strength to be a success at world level, you only have to look at the way they always end up losing against the big guns in world sport when in a winning position with only minutes to go, the only really big success apart from team players like Bale etc we have had at a mainstream sport at world level is Calzaghe, and he`s half Italian.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 691 viewsHighjack

It's a good thing that we are in the top 10 in the world in our national sport which is a game that is only played by about 5 countries in the world otherwise we'd be really embarrassed.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 687 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:30 - Jul 25 by shingle

The Welsh have not got the mental strength to be a success at world level, you only have to look at the way they always end up losing against the big guns in world sport when in a winning position with only minutes to go, the only really big success apart from team players like Bale etc we have had at a mainstream sport at world level is Calzaghe, and he`s half Italian.

What about Non Stanford?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:32 - Jul 25 with 685 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:30 - Jul 25 by shingle

Bale's talents were nurtured by the English too. As was Giggs.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:33 - Jul 25 with 684 viewsJackfath

What's Giggs done for Welsh Sport?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 25 with 679 viewsshingle

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 19:35 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Much of why we're sh*t at all sports bar rugby is because of the almost complete blanket coverage rugby gets in the media here at the expense of pretty much all other sports.

Just my view. Doesn't mean no one should like rugby. Each to their own. Watch and enjoy what you like. Just don't shout at me.

Totally overrated at Rugby as well it`s our main sport yet we can never beat the worlds elite, and in a sport in which only a very small amount of countries take the game seriously we can not even get to a world cup final let alone win it.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:41 - Jul 25 with 661 viewsraynor94

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 25 by shingle

Totally overrated at Rugby as well it`s our main sport yet we can never beat the worlds elite, and in a sport in which only a very small amount of countries take the game seriously we can not even get to a world cup final let alone win it.

Excellent post, sums it up perfectly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:43 - Jul 25 with 655 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:35 - Jul 25 by shingle

We can't even beat the absolute dregs in football, at least in rugby we put up half a fight and are regularly the best in Europe.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:51 - Jul 25 with 649 viewsLe_Swans

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Cooke

Swansea girl didn't do too bad mind
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 636 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes apart from calzaghe, colin jackson, bale, giggs, john charles, george north, jiffy, gareth edwards, woosie, dai greene, and non and tammy -- what has wales ever done ?

Beware of the Risen People

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:59 - Jul 25 with 633 viewsJackistentialist

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 18:48 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

We're not winning anywhere near as many medals as Scotland, Nigeria, Singapore and India.

We haven't qualified for a major football tournament in decades.

We are unable to beat any Rugby team from the Southern Hemisphere.

We used to have a plethora of talented snooker players.

On the first point, Nigeria is a country of 175 million people. India? 1.2 BILLION. Scotland and Singapore have populations of over 5 million people. Wales has 3 million... which puts us as comparable in pure number as mighty Albania. It's not all about number, but the law of averages does come into play here...

On the second point, Albania have NEVER qualified for any major tournament.

On the third, that's pretty much been more or less the case for most northern hemisphere teams (particularly if one considers New Zealand).

Fourthly, half the snooker clubs that I knew existed ten years ago are closed down now and with it booming in East Asia, the sport is becoming even more competitive...
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 21:02]
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:00 - Jul 25 with 633 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 20:59 - Jul 25 by Kilkennyjack

Yes apart from calzaghe, colin jackson, bale, giggs, john charles, george north, jiffy, gareth edwards, woosie, dai greene, and non and tammy -- what has wales ever done ?

We're good singers anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024