Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? 18:37 - Jul 25 with 8814 viewsJackfath

Discuss.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:40 - Jul 25 with 636 viewsyogibear_412

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:35 - Jul 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I know a teacher in the local area who gives up his spare time every week to help the children in his school participate in sport. He gives up probably over 10 hours a week and has done for the past 15 years or so. Many have gone onto wonderful sporting achievements too and if I was to list them you'd be astounded at the number of children who have gone on to become extremely successful athletes from that one small school.

Not all P.E departments and all schools are as poor as yours was.

Sounds great but for every example you can give me of someone going beyond what is required to do good, I can give you 5/6 who are doing nowt. If they weren't bogged down with paperwork I'm sure it would be better.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:42 - Jul 25 with 630 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:35 - Jul 25 by Le_Swans

Sorry, maybe not a world stage but he is one of best players in the world.

And I wouldn't disagree about Bale, most expensive player ever playing for one of the most marketed teams in the world, of course he'd be more recognised.

Out of interest what sports do you class as being on a world stage?

My two P.E teachers were Mr Les Keen the Welsh rugby international and Mr Clayton Thomas the Welsh rugby ref. They didn't let us play football in school. Mr Keen was a right miserable get, but Mr Thomas was a right old character. Saying that, Clayton Blackmore (Man Utd) went to my school and it didn't do him no harm.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 with 626 viewsJackfath

Are we surprised this has turned into a teachers must be to blame thread?

Interesting.

Everything seems to be the fault of the teachers.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 with 626 viewsDr_Winston

Giggs was born in Wales. In practically every other regard he is a Manc.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 with 621 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:40 - Jul 25 by yogibear_412

Sounds great but for every example you can give me of someone going beyond what is required to do good, I can give you 5/6 who are doing nowt. If they weren't bogged down with paperwork I'm sure it would be better.

Write a letter of complaint to the head of your school. Send one to the governors too.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 with 625 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 by Dr_Winston

Giggs was born in Wales. In practically every other regard he is a Manc.

Yet people in this thread hold him as some sort of Welsh sporting hero.

Utter nonsense.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:45 - Jul 25 with 618 viewsHighjack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:35 - Jul 25 by Le_Swans

Sorry, maybe not a world stage but he is one of best players in the world.

And I wouldn't disagree about Bale, most expensive player ever playing for one of the most marketed teams in the world, of course he'd be more recognised.

Out of interest what sports do you class as being on a world stage?

I would class the world stage as being the best in a sport that is played competitively the world over.

For example Joe Dimaggio was a brilliant baseball player but I wouldn't say he was performing on the world stage because Baseball isn't really played outside the U.S.

Sports I would include would be Football, athletics, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:47 - Jul 25 with 613 viewsHighjack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:40 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Why are the Scottish swimmers so much better than ours in the current CW ganmes?

They are more buoyant due to the high fat content of their deep fried meals and obviously they've got all those lochs to practice in.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:48 - Jul 25 with 607 viewsJackfath

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:47 - Jul 25 by Highjack

They are more buoyant due to the high fat content of their deep fried meals and obviously they've got all those lochs to practice in.

lol

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:48 - Jul 25 with 603 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wales is a very insular, parochial country. Everyone knows everyone else and there are plenty of 'jobs for the boys'..its like being in the 1950's sometimes.

As a nation we couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery due to all the in-fighting and agenda setting. We are the poor mans relation to the English, and lets be honest, they punch well below their weight in terms of the amount of funding they sink into sports.

Just imagine if Wales had its own independent Parliament too? Jesus wept.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:51 - Jul 25 with 600 viewsyogibear_412

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:43 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Are we surprised this has turned into a teachers must be to blame thread?

Interesting.

Everything seems to be the fault of the teachers.

I am a teacher.....I don't teach pe but I was the only one who would promote football. Before I started doing it last year there was no pitch, no kit, no teams.....now we got a lad who got a scholarship with Swansea city. I'm not blaming teachers I'm blaming the culture in school sport. Thankfully I got funding for kit and we got 5 teams across all age groups. You have to ask yourself what would be happening if I wasn't in that school.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:51 - Jul 25 with 595 viewsLe_Swans

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:45 - Jul 25 by Highjack

I would class the world stage as being the best in a sport that is played competitively the world over.

For example Joe Dimaggio was a brilliant baseball player but I wouldn't say he was performing on the world stage because Baseball isn't really played outside the U.S.

Sports I would include would be Football, athletics, basketball, hockey, tennis, golf.

Fair enough, Dai Greene wasn't too bad a few years ago, cycling count? We've got a world champion in that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Becky_James
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 21:52]
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:55 - Jul 25 with 582 viewsHighjack

Yes I would probably file cycling under athletics.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:59 - Jul 25 with 576 viewsAl_Bundy

Great commonwealth.. Welsh are cheating druggies and a boxer with a gum shield that doesn't fit and kept falling out.

At least Glammy won !
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:00 - Jul 25 with 574 viewsLe_Swans

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:55 - Jul 25 by Highjack

Yes I would probably file cycling under athletics.

Even though it's not an athletics event? Fair enough.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:02 - Jul 25 with 570 viewsHighjack

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:00 - Jul 25 by Le_Swans

Even though it's not an athletics event? Fair enough.

Yeah it's a similar sort of thing as athletics, just on bikes.

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:02 - Jul 25 with 570 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:59 - Jul 25 by Al_Bundy

Great commonwealth.. Welsh are cheating druggies and a boxer with a gum shield that doesn't fit and kept falling out.

At least Glammy won !

Put a few deliberate shots in after the end of the round bell too. He deserved to lose and I'm glad he did.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:21 - Jul 25 with 546 viewsSS2013

great positive post as ever :)

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:28 - Jul 25 with 539 viewsAl_Bundy

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:21 - Jul 25 by SS2013

great positive post as ever :)

He's right on this one.. cocky upstart got what he deserved.
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:31 - Jul 25 with 534 viewsPozuelosSideys

Selby is an outstanding talent.

Came up short against the Cuban (who turned out to be a bit special) in the Olympics and now has come up short, undercooked and cocky against this Scottish kid.

All part of the learning curve before he goes pro.

Nice to see every f*cker write him off

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:38 - Jul 25 with 520 viewsPhil_S

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 21:18 - Jul 25 by Le_Swans

I was simply stating a welsh sportsman that is top of his game on a world stage.

Shame he plays with 14 people who aren't therefore it becomes a little irrelevant!!
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:41 - Jul 25 with 516 viewsdickythorpe

We are trying to be the new East Germany but as Richard Ashcroft sang "The drugs don't work"

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:48 - Jul 25 with 504 viewsLe_Swans

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:38 - Jul 25 by Phil_S

Shame he plays with 14 people who aren't therefore it becomes a little irrelevant!!

I was replying to Jackfaths post about individual performances, you can't deny as an individual he is top of his game, even if it's not on the "World Stage"
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:49 - Jul 25 with 504 viewsdickythorpe

Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:31 - Jul 25 by PozuelosSideys

Selby is an outstanding talent.

Came up short against the Cuban (who turned out to be a bit special) in the Olympics and now has come up short, undercooked and cocky against this Scottish kid.

All part of the learning curve before he goes pro.

Nice to see every f*cker write him off

Gum shield problems i hear. WTF????
Wales - as a nation, why are we so shit at sport? on 22:57 - Jul 25 with 492 viewsPozuelosSideys

Boxers spit their gumshields out all the time when theyre under pressure. Ref has to break them and it buys them time. Sport is about winning, you do what you gotta do.

Unfortunately for him it didnt work. Bet the Aussies wouldnt give a f*ck if their boxer was doing that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024