Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fan here 20:22 - Jul 27 with 16370 viewspafcgreens

Hi all.

I've just got home from the game today.

First of all, I had a quick look at the match thread on here, plenty about McCormick. Most Argyle fans are very happy with the fact he's our keeper, he is a fan's favourite, I have no issue at all with him being at the club. He did a terrible thing, but anybody who has met him knows Luke doesn't have a bad bone in his body, great guy and club rep, hence why he's club captain. I'd also like to say, Luke get's hounded like a dog home and away from opposition fans, I didn't hear anything from your bunch at all today which was a welcome surprise. He's largely considered to be the best, or one of the best keepers in League 2, today's error was uncharacteristic.

On to the game.

It was really good to see Jonjo Shelvey come over to our fans to sign some autographs for some kids, and one adoring Liverpool fan who had come along to see Shelvey, seemed a really top guy and he was applauded by the home fans.

The opening exchanges were a bit cagey. With the opening goal I'll have to see a replay, might have been a blooper from Luke, but I get the feeling that in a league game, with that stand full instead of empty, it would have been given as a foul, hmm.

You dominated the opening half an hour really, Shelvey was excellent, as were your CM's. Dyer had a tough time against our LB.

We came in to the game more toward the end and it took the side netting and a smart save to deny an equaliser.

In the second half, we changed our formation and you struggled to deal with us for the opening 20 mins of the second period, this is the time we needed a goal. But the 2nd killed our momentum, good ball in, not dealt with, and a good finish. The third, great movement, lovely goal, and the fourth, just about the best free kick I've seen in many a year of watching football.

Your best player's were Shelvey and Gylfi Sigurdsson when on.

A decent 5000 strong crowd today, and credit to the 400 or so of your lot, made good noise and great to see both sets of fans applauding each other at the final whistle.

All the best for the season
Plymouth fan here on 21:29 - Jul 27 with 1295 viewsraynor94

Plymouth fan here on 21:18 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

I'd probably could become a plumber.. but I'll have to study for 3 years for free.. lack of apprenticeships that will take at least 2 years.. then learn for free for like 2 years.. 7 years to earn a trade that might be falling on its arse.. while lukey is a well respected member of society with his comfy home and life.. while it would take me 10 years of free will.

Ok, so why didn't you do an apprenticeship at sixteen, you really do seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder skip

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Plymouth fan here on 21:30 - Jul 27 with 1290 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 21:29 - Jul 27 by Brynmill_Jack

A trade that's falling on it's arse? Houses will always need water and heating mate. I thought there was a shortage of plumbers anyway? You could earn a fortune.
What are you doing at the moment Skippy?

Max is a plumber and he fell off his bike.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plymouth fan here on 21:31 - Jul 27 with 1282 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 21:23 - Jul 27 by Darran

If I got pissed tomorrow and run your kids over would you forgive me after I'd served three years?

I answered that in a previous post. What he did was terrible and I'm in no way trying to make excuses for him.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Plymouth fan here on 21:31 - Jul 27 with 1280 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 21:30 - Jul 27 by Darran

Max is a plumber and he fell off his bike.

What happened to those heavy duty stabilizers?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Plymouth fan here on 21:33 - Jul 27 with 1262 viewsJackSomething

Plymouth fan here on 21:27 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

There's room for us all on here butt.

Tolerance.

Oh absolutely, I'm not suggesting you leave. I was a little hurt that you suggested I should.

As this thread shows, as many (if not more) people liked your post. I was suggesting that posts like that are what lead to some people getting the hump with you and then taking it too far. I'm free to suggest that, just as free as you are to say you've never noticed me before.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Plymouth fan here on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 1242 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 21:33 - Jul 27 by JackSomething

Oh absolutely, I'm not suggesting you leave. I was a little hurt that you suggested I should.

As this thread shows, as many (if not more) people liked your post. I was suggesting that posts like that are what lead to some people getting the hump with you and then taking it too far. I'm free to suggest that, just as free as you are to say you've never noticed me before.

I'm sure he has noticed you but he's just to bashful to admit it JS.

Plymouth fan here on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 1240 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 21:29 - Jul 27 by raynor94

Ok, so why didn't you do an apprenticeship at sixteen, you really do seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder skip

The problem is some people need someone or something to blame for their misfortune and if they instead of looking for scapegoats had a word with themselves they would soon discover the glass is half full not half empty.

Plymouth fan here on 21:37 - Jul 27 with 1236 viewsJackfath

I couldn't give two hoots if people dislike me. That's their problem. They don't have the capability to understand. As for them taking it too far, I can't get my head round it.

Thanks for your advice, although quite why you think you're in a position to do so, beats me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth fan here on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 1228 viewsLiam

Thanks for the review OP.

Please excuse the regulars with their inside joke of turning most threads in to long almost off topic rants.
Plymouth fan here on 21:38 - Jul 27 with 1218 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 21:37 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

I couldn't give two hoots if people dislike me. That's their problem. They don't have the capability to understand. As for them taking it too far, I can't get my head round it.

Thanks for your advice, although quite why you think you're in a position to do so, beats me.

Where's the popcorn smiley when you need it.

Plymouth fan here on 21:39 - Jul 27 with 1212 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 21:29 - Jul 27 by Brynmill_Jack

A trade that's falling on it's arse? Houses will always need water and heating mate. I thought there was a shortage of plumbers anyway? You could earn a fortune.
What are you doing at the moment Skippy?

Heating and houses are changing mate.. it'll take me 10 years to get to a good standard.. in 10 years the plumbing trade could dramatically change..with the technology being produced.. you won't need a plumber in 20 years..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Plymouth fan here on 21:39 - Jul 27 with 1205 viewspencoedjack

Don't encourage him mate ......

He is a full on attention seeking cock.
Plymouth fan here on 21:41 - Jul 27 with 1186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Plymouth fan here on 21:37 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

Plymouth fan here on 21:42 - Jul 27 with 1166 viewsJackfath

Plymouth fan here on 21:38 - Jul 27 by Liam

Thanks for the review OP.

Please excuse the regulars with their inside joke of turning most threads in to long almost off topic rants.

I agree Liam. I made one post and then got told by several posters all sorts of nonsense. Then they accuse me of attention seeking whilst talking and posting about me.

How on earth does that work.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Plymouth fan here on 21:44 - Jul 27 with 1148 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 21:36 - Jul 27 by dgt73

The problem is some people need someone or something to blame for their misfortune and if they instead of looking for scapegoats had a word with themselves they would soon discover the glass is half full not half empty.

Clueless post.. full of assumptions.. concerned.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Plymouth fan here on 21:47 - Jul 27 with 1126 viewsDyfnant

Plymouth fan here on 21:39 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Heating and houses are changing mate.. it'll take me 10 years to get to a good standard.. in 10 years the plumbing trade could dramatically change..with the technology being produced.. you won't need a plumber in 20 years..

Excuses excuses. Help yourself or you'll be in the same boat ten years down the line

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Plymouth fan here on 21:48 - Jul 27 with 1125 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 21:44 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Clueless post.. full of assumptions.. concerned.

You're probably right it's all that ketamine I've been taking.

Plymouth fan here on 21:54 - Jul 27 with 1085 viewsskippyjack

I'm genuinely concerned.. fans applauding killers.. posters defending the fans that applaud killers.. posters making paranoid assumptions about somebody.. posters telling me to take a trade up that could be worthless in 10 years time.. these are the skilled generation an all.. concerned

Plymouth fan here on 21:55 - Jul 27 with 1082 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 21:47 - Jul 27 by Dyfnant

Excuses excuses. Help yourself or you'll be in the same boat ten years down the line

Plymouth fan here on 21:56 - Jul 27 with 1073 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth fan here on 20:59 - Jul 27 by Jackfath

What a sensitive chap you are.

Luke may not have a 'bad bone in his body', it appears his brain is bad.

Drink driving? And he's your favourite player?!

Try explaining this to the family of the people who were lost as a result of this 'great player'.

For many years it's been rammed down peoples throats the dangers of drinking and driving - which tantamount s to murder if your actions result in fatalities! It was a decision you made, regardless of your stupor!

Appreciate your viewpoint on this but fuk me, stop worshipping the murdering c*nt!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Plymouth fan here on 22:03 - Jul 27 with 1043 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 21:55 - Jul 27 by dgt73

You both know my boat? You'll know where I'll be in 10 years time? .. I'd rather not take advice off the people.. who have sunk Britain into the depths of obscurity.. by a lack of intellect and understanding.. you have failed this country.. now it's up to the future generation to pick up the pieces that you two have left behind.. Concerned.

Plymouth fan here on 22:08 - Jul 27 with 1005 viewsdgt73

Plymouth fan here on 22:03 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

You both know my boat? You'll know where I'll be in 10 years time? .. I'd rather not take advice off the people.. who have sunk Britain into the depths of obscurity.. by a lack of intellect and understanding.. you have failed this country.. now it's up to the future generation to pick up the pieces that you two have left behind.. Concerned.

I don't want to be rude but i haven't got a clue what the fuk you're talking about.

Plymouth fan here on 22:11 - Jul 27 with 986 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 22:08 - Jul 27 by dgt73

I don't want to be rude but i haven't got a clue what the fuk you're talking about.

I'm genuinely concerned for you

Plymouth fan here on 22:12 - Jul 27 with 980 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 22:11 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

I'm genuinely concerned for you

I'm not it's good to see him back he's a good poster.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plymouth fan here on 22:17 - Jul 27 with 939 viewsheadcleaner

Football isn't really a trade like being a plumber or an electrician though is it? I've got a plumber calling tomorrow I do hope the kids off the street aren't going to mob him when he enters my property and I won't pay for the time he's having pictures taken or signing autographs. Footballers are in a profession like no other in as much as they get extremely well paid (even more than a plumber I might add) they are adored on occasion by their clubs fans and whether they like it or not they are role models to a lot of people.

If a club takes on a tarnished player because they think their stealing a bargain on other teams then so be it but to. Elevate him to club captain is a little bit much. I think it's right that he should be reminded of his crime every week both home and away (is he a sensitive soul then maybe he wears ear plugs) and I'm sure when he leaves argyle the fans who defend him will be the ones dishing out the reminders ;)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024