Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fan here 20:22 - Jul 27 with 16419 viewspafcgreens

Hi all.

I've just got home from the game today.

First of all, I had a quick look at the match thread on here, plenty about McCormick. Most Argyle fans are very happy with the fact he's our keeper, he is a fan's favourite, I have no issue at all with him being at the club. He did a terrible thing, but anybody who has met him knows Luke doesn't have a bad bone in his body, great guy and club rep, hence why he's club captain. I'd also like to say, Luke get's hounded like a dog home and away from opposition fans, I didn't hear anything from your bunch at all today which was a welcome surprise. He's largely considered to be the best, or one of the best keepers in League 2, today's error was uncharacteristic.

On to the game.

It was really good to see Jonjo Shelvey come over to our fans to sign some autographs for some kids, and one adoring Liverpool fan who had come along to see Shelvey, seemed a really top guy and he was applauded by the home fans.

The opening exchanges were a bit cagey. With the opening goal I'll have to see a replay, might have been a blooper from Luke, but I get the feeling that in a league game, with that stand full instead of empty, it would have been given as a foul, hmm.

You dominated the opening half an hour really, Shelvey was excellent, as were your CM's. Dyer had a tough time against our LB.

We came in to the game more toward the end and it took the side netting and a smart save to deny an equaliser.

In the second half, we changed our formation and you struggled to deal with us for the opening 20 mins of the second period, this is the time we needed a goal. But the 2nd killed our momentum, good ball in, not dealt with, and a good finish. The third, great movement, lovely goal, and the fourth, just about the best free kick I've seen in many a year of watching football.

Your best player's were Shelvey and Gylfi Sigurdsson when on.

A decent 5000 strong crowd today, and credit to the 400 or so of your lot, made good noise and great to see both sets of fans applauding each other at the final whistle.

All the best for the season
Plymouth fan here on 22:20 - Jul 27 with 1239 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 22:17 - Jul 27 by headcleaner

Football isn't really a trade like being a plumber or an electrician though is it? I've got a plumber calling tomorrow I do hope the kids off the street aren't going to mob him when he enters my property and I won't pay for the time he's having pictures taken or signing autographs. Footballers are in a profession like no other in as much as they get extremely well paid (even more than a plumber I might add) they are adored on occasion by their clubs fans and whether they like it or not they are role models to a lot of people.

If a club takes on a tarnished player because they think their stealing a bargain on other teams then so be it but to. Elevate him to club captain is a little bit much. I think it's right that he should be reminded of his crime every week both home and away (is he a sensitive soul then maybe he wears ear plugs) and I'm sure when he leaves argyle the fans who defend him will be the ones dishing out the reminders ;)

Great post D.
Hope you're well

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plymouth fan here on 22:23 - Jul 27 with 1218 viewsraynor94

Plymouth fan here on 22:03 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

You both know my boat? You'll know where I'll be in 10 years time? .. I'd rather not take advice off the people.. who have sunk Britain into the depths of obscurity.. by a lack of intellect and understanding.. you have failed this country.. now it's up to the future generation to pick up the pieces that you two have left behind.. Concerned.

Sorry skip you are full of excuses, life is no different now to when I left school, you have to make things happen, plenty of work out there, trouble is a lot of people don't want it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Plymouth fan here on 22:26 - Jul 27 with 1196 viewsskippyjack

Plymouth fan here on 22:23 - Jul 27 by raynor94

Sorry skip you are full of excuses, life is no different now to when I left school, you have to make things happen, plenty of work out there, trouble is a lot of people don't want it

Assumption after assumption..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Plymouth fan here on 22:29 - Jul 27 with 1183 viewsraynor94

Plymouth fan here on 22:26 - Jul 27 by skippyjack

Assumption after assumption..

Well, you explain why I'm reaching the wring conclusions

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Plymouth fan here on 22:39 - Jul 27 with 1129 viewssnork44

Again a thread being destroyed by attention seeking trolls! So sad, but yet so predictable!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Plymouth fan here on 22:47 - Jul 27 with 1114 viewsGlossolalia

Plymouth fan here on 22:39 - Jul 27 by snork44

Again a thread being destroyed by attention seeking trolls! So sad, but yet so predictable!

Snork44, I agree entirely. What was a well-balanced analysis of our friendly has, inevitably, descended into petty name-calling and farce. I am a Swansea fan. I can't watch live games and as such rely on this board for some enlightenment. Recently though, I have become most disillusioned.

I read this forum most days for news and there are some truly awful members, channeling their energy into the utmost inanity.

I'm directing this predominantly at Jackfath, who is the most irksome, sanctimonious, cantankerous little weasel ever to have poisoned countless threads with his inane, puke-encrusted drivel. I also now harbour a most irrational hatred for Warwick Davis.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 22:49]
Plymouth fan here on 22:56 - Jul 27 with 1080 viewsRogueTrooper

Plymouth fan here on 22:47 - Jul 27 by Glossolalia

Snork44, I agree entirely. What was a well-balanced analysis of our friendly has, inevitably, descended into petty name-calling and farce. I am a Swansea fan. I can't watch live games and as such rely on this board for some enlightenment. Recently though, I have become most disillusioned.

I read this forum most days for news and there are some truly awful members, channeling their energy into the utmost inanity.

I'm directing this predominantly at Jackfath, who is the most irksome, sanctimonious, cantankerous little weasel ever to have poisoned countless threads with his inane, puke-encrusted drivel. I also now harbour a most irrational hatred for Warwick Davis.

I have to agree, I like a slanging match as much as anyone, but every thread ends up turning into just an insult trading session, can't wait for the season to start, as, it normally limits it to a level where some of it can be quite funny
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 22:57]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Plymouth fan here on 22:57 - Jul 27 with 1064 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth fan here on 22:56 - Jul 27 by RogueTrooper

I have to agree, I like a slanging match as much as anyone, but every thread ends up turning into just an insult trading session, can't wait for the season to start, as, it normally limits it to a level where some of it can be quite funny
[Post edited 27 Jul 2014 22:57]

Agreed - how or why this has ended up where we are I've no idea.

Certainly not befitting to a Premier League Club of our standing though!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth fan here on 23:33 - Jul 27 with 987 viewsLiberty

Plymouth fan here on 22:47 - Jul 27 by Glossolalia

He gets genuine pleasure out of spoiling it for everyone, but with Darrs full backing so its a case of putting up with it.

Or as Darr would say , .... off.

It really is a shame.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Plymouth fan here on 00:33 - Jul 28 with 915 viewshiteval

How many of you have been reckless? Even if you've never driven drunk, have you driven faster than you should? Have you talked on the phone while driving? Have you ever paid less attention to the road than you should? If you've answered yes to any of this, you had the potential to be a "child killer", had there only been a child so unfortunate to be in your way.

And that's just examples of being reckless while driving. There are plenty of opportunities in life to be reckless with other peoples bodies, even though the consequences are seldom dire.

Some of you won't admit to ever having been reckless enough to cause an accident. Chances are you're fooling yourself.

Just had to say this having read some of the comments here. Seems this board is still populated by the occasional wonderbrain.
Plymouth fan here on 00:50 - Jul 28 with 893 viewsjackharris

Plymouth fan here on 00:33 - Jul 28 by hiteval

How many of you have been reckless? Even if you've never driven drunk, have you driven faster than you should? Have you talked on the phone while driving? Have you ever paid less attention to the road than you should? If you've answered yes to any of this, you had the potential to be a "child killer", had there only been a child so unfortunate to be in your way.

And that's just examples of being reckless while driving. There are plenty of opportunities in life to be reckless with other peoples bodies, even though the consequences are seldom dire.

Some of you won't admit to ever having been reckless enough to cause an accident. Chances are you're fooling yourself.

Just had to say this having read some of the comments here. Seems this board is still populated by the occasional wonderbrain.

I must say this is one of the thickest and uneducated posts I have ever heard on this forum that c*nt killed 2 children and paralised their father. You try to justify by saying how many other people could have done the same you complete and utter Muppet. He killed these people breaking the law. He should have been sent to jail for life. There are no excuses for knowingly breaking the f*cking law! Two children! The man has blood on his hands.

FFS - justification because other people are incompetent tossers, have a hard look at yourself
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 1:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Plymouth fan here on 01:01 - Jul 28 with 874 viewsjackharris

Plymouth fan here on 00:33 - Jul 28 by hiteval

You f*cking clueless pr*ck! There are traffic regulations because no one should ever drink and drive, no one should use their phone and no one should speed!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 1:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Plymouth fan here on 01:08 - Jul 28 with 866 viewsjackharris

He killed 2 children you complete and utter Muppet. There are no f*cking excuses. He has killed children because he broke the law that is there for a f*cking reason, pr*ck!

Plymouth fan here on 01:10 - Jul 28 with 864 viewsjackharris

Anybody that has put an up arrow for that drivel needs to hold there heads in shame. The tw*t worship a guy who killed 2 children. What a f*cked up world we live in!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 1:11]

Plymouth fan here on 01:18 - Jul 28 with 855 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 00:50 - Jul 28 by jackharris

I must say this is one of the thickest and uneducated posts I have ever heard on this forum that c*nt killed 2 children and paralised their father. You try to justify by saying how many other people could have done the same you complete and utter Muppet. He killed these people breaking the law. He should have been sent to jail for life. There are no excuses for knowingly breaking the f*cking law! Two children! The man has blood on his hands.

FFS - justification because other people are incompetent tossers, have a hard look at yourself
[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 1:04]

Wow wonderful post.

Plymouth fan here on 01:19 - Jul 28 with 851 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 23:33 - Jul 27 by Liberty

He gets genuine pleasure out of spoiling it for everyone, but with Darrs full backing so its a case of putting up with it.

Or as Darr would say , .... off.

It really is a shame.

Wow c*nt.

Plymouth fan here on 01:19 - Jul 28 with 850 viewshiteval

Yeah, you're not getting it. No matter what you say, how good you think you are, with bad luck you could be a killer. Driving drunk is very obviously reckless and you deeply know it, but there's other sort of reckless behaviour that could have consequences and you've most likely been reckless like that, with or without realizing it, without it having dire consequences.

You could argue this with emotion, judging this specific incident because of the emotional value it carries, but in the end, whether you admit it or not, he's just like you are, with one exception. You're a person who has, at least once in your life, been reckless. He's a person who has been reckless in his life. The difference is his recklessness cost lives. Yours didn't. It's still the same basic concept - recklessness, the same core action you've done, the consequences and the manner of his recklessness are what sets it apart from your reality, skewing your perception of him in relation to yourself.

So please, continue to argue my point with emotion. I know you will. I won't be here to answer you, though.
Plymouth fan here on 01:23 - Jul 28 with 838 viewsTom1912

Plymouth fan here on 01:19 - Jul 28 by hiteval

Yeah, you're not getting it. No matter what you say, how good you think you are, with bad luck you could be a killer. Driving drunk is very obviously reckless and you deeply know it, but there's other sort of reckless behaviour that could have consequences and you've most likely been reckless like that, with or without realizing it, without it having dire consequences.

You could argue this with emotion, judging this specific incident because of the emotional value it carries, but in the end, whether you admit it or not, he's just like you are, with one exception. You're a person who has, at least once in your life, been reckless. He's a person who has been reckless in his life. The difference is his recklessness cost lives. Yours didn't. It's still the same basic concept - recklessness, the same core action you've done, the consequences and the manner of his recklessness are what sets it apart from your reality, skewing your perception of him in relation to yourself.

So please, continue to argue my point with emotion. I know you will. I won't be here to answer you, though.

Except his recklessness far outweights the other examples of recklessness you gave.
Plymouth fan here on 01:27 - Jul 28 with 833 viewsjackharris

There is a world of difference between being reckless and an accident you utter Muppet. I have never ever been reckless. This man knowingly broke the law and he killed people. He is a complete and utter imbecile who should have served life. It was not an accident. It could have been avoided if he used some of his money on a taxi like the f*cking rest of us.

Plymouth fan here on 01:33 - Jul 28 with 827 viewsjackharris

Plymouth fan here on 01:19 - Jul 28 by hiteval

I find your post to belong that of an utter scumbag! I haven't been reckless, ever! And your justification is an utter disgrace, f*ck off because you are a clueless pr*ck! Your law would be everybody is reckless at some point and if you kill someone you can be let off! What an absolute pile of tripe!

Plymouth fan here on 01:35 - Jul 28 with 826 viewsjackharris

I take a huge offense at that with bad luck comment too! Like saying it's ok to be a criminal unless you are caught! Clueless tool!

Plymouth fan here on 01:47 - Jul 28 with 814 viewshiteval

There's one thing I'd like to add though, obvious as it is. Being reckless is a trap we should actively avoid, at the very least if your recklessness can affect someone other than yourself. Avoiding idiocy for 99% of your life still leaves a percentage of it dedicated to idiocy, hence actively avoid, as your best is what you see, but your worst can ruin lives.

"I didn't mean to do it", is the chorus. It's a sentence for all kinds of occasions you didn't mean to happen, whether they affect other lives or not, however serious what happened is. But when it's done, it's done, whatever it is, and the world keeps turning. What happened inevitably has an effect on the world. And there are consequences and everyone must face them. He's faced his (and still is, by being the outcast he sort of is), and whether the consequences should've been more for him could well be true (and I personally think they should've been). He should not have walked away blameless, as I'm sure someone has convinced themselves is my point. I'm not arguing his innocence, I'm arguing yours and your skewed perception of him as a monster.
Plymouth fan here on 01:59 - Jul 28 with 790 viewsdameedna

Plymouth fan here on 20:33 - Jul 27 by Oldjack

Pick that out sarnnnnnn

Was on my way to the bogs at Reading when Gylfi did the same for Reading
Going to be interesting with
JDG
Gylfi
Shekvey
Bony
Lining up to take free kicks
Plymouth fan here on 02:00 - Jul 28 with 787 viewsjackharris

Plymouth fan here on 01:47 - Jul 28 by hiteval

There's one thing I'd like to add though, obvious as it is. Being reckless is a trap we should actively avoid, at the very least if your recklessness can affect someone other than yourself. Avoiding idiocy for 99% of your life still leaves a percentage of it dedicated to idiocy, hence actively avoid, as your best is what you see, but your worst can ruin lives.

"I didn't mean to do it", is the chorus. It's a sentence for all kinds of occasions you didn't mean to happen, whether they affect other lives or not, however serious what happened is. But when it's done, it's done, whatever it is, and the world keeps turning. What happened inevitably has an effect on the world. And there are consequences and everyone must face them. He's faced his (and still is, by being the outcast he sort of is), and whether the consequences should've been more for him could well be true (and I personally think they should've been). He should not have walked away blameless, as I'm sure someone has convinced themselves is my point. I'm not arguing his innocence, I'm arguing yours and your skewed perception of him as a monster.

I don't have a skewed perception that he is a monster, thanks. He broke the law (which is there for a bloody reason) when he didn't need to and he killed 2 children! His life should be no more after that I'm afraid. Perhaps he should have taken an option that would have put an end to this. Everybody makes mistakes but not everyone takes control of a killing machine when unfit to do so!

Plymouth fan here on 02:01 - Jul 28 with 782 viewsdameedna

Plymouth fan here on 20:38 - Jul 27 by JackSomething

I'd wager that posts like this are why a lot of people don't like you.

Thanks to the OP for his info on the game, even though I disagree with you on McCormick.

Clearly
Why go out of your way to be bully to a fan of the opposition who is doing us a favour?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024