Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth fan here 20:22 - Jul 27 with 16372 viewspafcgreens

Hi all.

I've just got home from the game today.

First of all, I had a quick look at the match thread on here, plenty about McCormick. Most Argyle fans are very happy with the fact he's our keeper, he is a fan's favourite, I have no issue at all with him being at the club. He did a terrible thing, but anybody who has met him knows Luke doesn't have a bad bone in his body, great guy and club rep, hence why he's club captain. I'd also like to say, Luke get's hounded like a dog home and away from opposition fans, I didn't hear anything from your bunch at all today which was a welcome surprise. He's largely considered to be the best, or one of the best keepers in League 2, today's error was uncharacteristic.

On to the game.

It was really good to see Jonjo Shelvey come over to our fans to sign some autographs for some kids, and one adoring Liverpool fan who had come along to see Shelvey, seemed a really top guy and he was applauded by the home fans.

The opening exchanges were a bit cagey. With the opening goal I'll have to see a replay, might have been a blooper from Luke, but I get the feeling that in a league game, with that stand full instead of empty, it would have been given as a foul, hmm.

You dominated the opening half an hour really, Shelvey was excellent, as were your CM's. Dyer had a tough time against our LB.

We came in to the game more toward the end and it took the side netting and a smart save to deny an equaliser.

In the second half, we changed our formation and you struggled to deal with us for the opening 20 mins of the second period, this is the time we needed a goal. But the 2nd killed our momentum, good ball in, not dealt with, and a good finish. The third, great movement, lovely goal, and the fourth, just about the best free kick I've seen in many a year of watching football.

Your best player's were Shelvey and Gylfi Sigurdsson when on.

A decent 5000 strong crowd today, and credit to the 400 or so of your lot, made good noise and great to see both sets of fans applauding each other at the final whistle.

All the best for the season
Plymouth fan here on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 614 viewsperchrockjack

I read the bottom of JS post before the top and thought he was referring to me.

Bugger of a boy he is

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plymouth fan here on 10:02 - Jul 29 with 603 viewsJackSomething

Plymouth fan here on 09:52 - Jul 29 by perchrockjack

I read the bottom of JS post before the top and thought he was referring to me.

Bugger of a boy he is

I luvs ewe Perch, despite our many disagreements. You're the Abraham Simpson of Planet Swans to me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Plymouth fan here on 10:21 - Jul 29 with 580 viewsperchrockjack

I saw a bit of that Simpson prog a long time ago when I was working and things were quiet. Thought it was ok but got put off by that Homer chap who seemed rather irksome.His wife was gross as were his kids so I changed channels.

Disagreeing is fine, its when people all agree is the time to worry

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Plymouth fan here on 10:28 - Jul 29 with 565 viewsDarran

Plymouth fan here on 10:21 - Jul 29 by perchrockjack

I saw a bit of that Simpson prog a long time ago when I was working and things were quiet. Thought it was ok but got put off by that Homer chap who seemed rather irksome.His wife was gross as were his kids so I changed channels.

Disagreeing is fine, its when people all agree is the time to worry

Big Cheap Trick fan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024