Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 18:18 - Jul 28 with 1618 viewsswanskid95

Anybody have one? had my PS4for around 3 months now, and i would stil prefer my xbox 360.

I can't wait for GTA V to come out in November tho, should be great for next gen!

If anybody has FIFAand fancies a challenge against a teenager who's life consists of just FIFA, add my PSN.

LeonBritton7
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:27 - Jul 28 with 1308 viewsUxbridge

I do. It's great. I'll swap yours for a 360 if you like!

Some decent games for it, plus the remastered Last of Us looks epic.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:29 - Jul 28 with 1306 viewsJackoBoostardo

Why would you want an Xbox 360 exactly when you have the PS4?

Seen the games being released soon? Tried the Desitiny Beta yet?

I will happily snatch that PS4 off you - could do with a third for my home!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:53 - Jul 28 with 1287 viewsswanskid95

Do not get me wrong I love the PS4, I just think they could of done better with games, I like Ghost and Fifa, can't wait for GTA, and I'm coniderong getting Battlefield 4 soon, I've seen alot about that destany Beta. Doesn't seem like the kind of game I'd play and like, I really want to go Watch Dogs Also, looks like a great game.
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 19:26 - Jul 28 with 1269 viewsJackoBoostardo

Could have done better with games?

Get on Destiny Beta while there's time! In a couple of days the Last Of Us Remastered will be released for the PS4 - this game is freaking outstanding and had received more awards than anything! Then there's The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, LBP3, Drive Club, The Evil Within, Let It Die, Eve Valkyrie, Deep Down and shedloads more exclusives!

I'm not in anyway a PS fanboy, having owned all consoles before. But the PS4 is in lead for a reason, and why the vast majority of developers (indie and mainstream) want to create mainly for the PS4. Needless to say, I didn't waste my money on the XBone this year.

I've have all the other consoles on release day, and it's ALWAYS slow for the AAA games to be released. But this was the same with the PS1, PS2 and PS3, as well as the XBox and 360!

[Post edited 28 Jul 2014 19:51]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 20:50 - Jul 28 with 1219 viewsperchrockjack

Play stations?pick up an instrument and learn to play.you're wasting valuable time on these curses

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 20:54 - Jul 28 with 1217 viewsLord_Bony

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:53 - Jul 28 by swanskid95

Do not get me wrong I love the PS4, I just think they could of done better with games, I like Ghost and Fifa, can't wait for GTA, and I'm coniderong getting Battlefield 4 soon, I've seen alot about that destany Beta. Doesn't seem like the kind of game I'd play and like, I really want to go Watch Dogs Also, looks like a great game.

Ghosts...wonk
BF3 ....woank
gta. Ok

Idmrathermstick with my beefed up pc and black ops 2 any day of the week...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 21:24 - Jul 28 with 1180 viewsJackoBoostardo

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 20:54 - Jul 28 by Lord_Bony

Ghosts...wonk
BF3 ....woank
gta. Ok

Idmrathermstick with my beefed up pc and black ops 2 any day of the week...

I've got a super-beefed up alienware too that plays anything thrown at it in full resolution with ease. But there's something about just picking up a controller and playing that is more attractive to me.

I mainly just use my pc's for work now, with the odd game now and again.

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 1166 viewsSenhin

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 20:50 - Jul 28 by perchrockjack

Play stations?pick up an instrument and learn to play.you're wasting valuable time on these curses

Why the 'pick up an instrument' bit? They aren't suddenly going to make a living or do anything productive learning to play an instrument. It would just be a different way to enjoy themselves... Why can't they play their PlayStation for enjoyment instead if that's what they want?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Login to get fewer ads

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 22:14 - Jul 28 with 1146 viewsJackoBoostardo

I play keyboard and drums. I actually think considering I have a full time job, 3 year old son, girlfriend and hobbies - I get a lot done. What's wrong with taking a little time out to chill?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 03:22 - Jul 29 with 1086 viewsphact0rri

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 21:24 - Jul 28 by JackoBoostardo

I've got a super-beefed up alienware too that plays anything thrown at it in full resolution with ease. But there's something about just picking up a controller and playing that is more attractive to me.

I mainly just use my pc's for work now, with the odd game now and again.

Aside from the 3ds and vita games, I'm pretty much all PC gamer these days. Steam sales and the like just makes gaming on a PC way more lucrative. on my PC I just click an icon and pick up a controller. unless its an FPS or something where Mouse + Keyboard is better.

I haven't played fifa 14 though. only football games I ever mess with are the managers. Though I'm on farcry 3 blood dragon right now... its pretty rad.

I too am an accomplished musician and gamer (ZOMG!). I grew up playing video games, and playing music side by side. Of course after working in the music industry in Los Angeles I can tell you, I agree that starting an instrument to be a rich person is bullox. If I could go back in time I'd tell myself to do something else.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 08:13 - Jul 29 with 1066 viewsHighjack

What about guitar hero 7?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 08:53 - Jul 29 with 1054 viewsLe_Swans

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 08:13 - Jul 29 by Highjack

What about guitar hero 7?

Or Rocksmith as this 10 year old demonstrates by playing Slayer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/audrey-slayer-guitar-rocksmith_n_561769
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 09:03 - Jul 29 with 1049 viewsLord_Bony

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 08:53 - Jul 29 by Le_Swans

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/audrey-slayer-guitar-rocksmith_n_561769

Legendary!

I want that girl in our band now....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 1008 viewsJackoBoostardo

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 08:53 - Jul 29 by Le_Swans

You thought that was good! You should check her busting a 98% on Iron Maiden The Trooper!

Who said gaming was bad for you??!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 13:36]

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 989 viewsLe_Swans

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 13:36 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

You thought that was good! You should check her busting a 98% on Iron Maiden The Trooper!

Who said gaming was bad for you??!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 13:36]

Nice, missing the sister with the backing vocals though.
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 968 viewsperchrockjack

My point gents was aimed at those who purely play games as their main pursuit of leisure.fair enough . And not off a living, play for fun and to enrich your souls.tsk

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 937 viewsJackoBoostardo

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 14:47 - Jul 29 by perchrockjack

My point gents was aimed at those who purely play games as their main pursuit of leisure.fair enough . And not off a living, play for fun and to enrich your souls.tsk

Well, it's becoming more accepted as a career too!

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games

If you're good at it that is!

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 16:25 - Jul 29 with 927 viewsCatullus

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 15:52 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

Well, it's becoming more accepted as a career too!

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games

If you're good at it that is!

I'm firmly in the "if you enjoy then carry on"camp. It doesn't matter your age, your job or anthing else.
Personally, I wish I'd learned to play the tenor sax. Too late now. Arthritis has ruined my hands, and other parts!
And I don't own a console, not until my son wants one, so possibly this Christmas. He'll be rationed so he's not goggle eyed, but life is too short to rule out anything.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 16:46 - Jul 29 with 919 viewsJackoBoostardo

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 16:25 - Jul 29 by Catullus

I'm firmly in the "if you enjoy then carry on"camp. It doesn't matter your age, your job or anthing else.
Personally, I wish I'd learned to play the tenor sax. Too late now. Arthritis has ruined my hands, and other parts!
And I don't own a console, not until my son wants one, so possibly this Christmas. He'll be rationed so he's not goggle eyed, but life is too short to rule out anything.

Just turned two, my son started showing a major interest in my tablet - so I started putting some educational apps on there for him to play with. He's learned loads from these - because it's catching his attention, he's playing whilst learning. He learned to count, do the full A-Z (recognise as well as say), recognise animals and their sounds and many more, before any other kids we know of his age.

People will argue books are the way forward - well I say you need to keep their interest for them to really absorb. The evidence is there.

Studies have also shown that people who grow up with games will develop much quicker reaction times, and concentration levels will also be greater in stressful scenarios.

So games aren't all that bad at all. Clearly, moderation needs to be considered - afterall there are people who do live at their computers and consoles. But I intend to be an OAP (Old Aged Player). it's great to chill too and get away from the daily bullsh1t.

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 916 viewsJonTheJack

I prefer picking up my controller in my living room, too.

I have an Xbox One, I picked it purely for the games they are making, most notably Halo. I also have a Wii U just for Mario Kart, that is such a good game.
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 897 viewsCygnus

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 17:01 - Jul 29 by JonTheJack

I prefer picking up my controller in my living room, too.

I have an Xbox One, I picked it purely for the games they are making, most notably Halo. I also have a Wii U just for Mario Kart, that is such a good game.

Halo 1 desperately wanted for PC.

Cash waiting.
PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 884 viewsphact0rri

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 16:46 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

Just turned two, my son started showing a major interest in my tablet - so I started putting some educational apps on there for him to play with. He's learned loads from these - because it's catching his attention, he's playing whilst learning. He learned to count, do the full A-Z (recognise as well as say), recognise animals and their sounds and many more, before any other kids we know of his age.

People will argue books are the way forward - well I say you need to keep their interest for them to really absorb. The evidence is there.

Studies have also shown that people who grow up with games will develop much quicker reaction times, and concentration levels will also be greater in stressful scenarios.

So games aren't all that bad at all. Clearly, moderation needs to be considered - afterall there are people who do live at their computers and consoles. But I intend to be an OAP (Old Aged Player). it's great to chill too and get away from the daily bullsh1t.

Don't underestimate books mate. I think reading can create a thirst for it, and concentration is only a problem if they aren't interested in what is there. Personally I think creating an environment for all sorts of learning, and imaginative development is all good. the more exposure the better they can sort out what works best for themselves.

Course I know I read a lot when I was young (still do) but also had video games to play, and instruments to learn. Well rounded childhood makes well rounded minds.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:27 - Jul 29 with 880 viewsJackoBoostardo

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:05 - Jul 29 by phact0rri

Don't underestimate books mate. I think reading can create a thirst for it, and concentration is only a problem if they aren't interested in what is there. Personally I think creating an environment for all sorts of learning, and imaginative development is all good. the more exposure the better they can sort out what works best for themselves.

Course I know I read a lot when I was young (still do) but also had video games to play, and instruments to learn. Well rounded childhood makes well rounded minds.

Books are what we both learned with. However, they have their limitations when compared to what is available today.

Books are educational, sure. But do they capture the same full continuous concentration of a story book app, that lights up each word as it's read out to you, with pictures shown too?! So not only are you being shown the words (as you are with a book), you're also hearing the pronunciation, as well as seeing connected images and a song or phrase.

This isn't a criticism as such, simply pointing out weaknesses in comparison. Books aren't bad, but when you consider the improvements in learning - it's much more rapid than I've seen in other kids of the same age group who read purely books, and this is backed up by research too. This can't be a bad thing.

Games for recreation and education have stepped up multiple generations in a very short gap, and I think it's technology that should be embraced and utliised fully with the right balance.

Back on to topic though, what's everyones favourite genre of game? I prefer strategy and adventure/action - something along the lines of Assassins Creed, and a little FPS too! In terms of FIFA - I prefer the managerial side of the game.

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 874 viewsUxbridge

I read books, play games and watch films or series on Netflix. Pretty much the thing I don't do is watch telly. Saved a fortune since ditching Sky.

Oh and picked up a copy of Trials Fusion from Game earlier for 15 quid. Very addictive and frustrating. Very underrated game.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 18:40]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 19:38 - Jul 29 with 843 viewsCatullus

PlayStation 4/FIFA 14 on 16:46 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

I agree. Ours have loads of books but also educational apps and games for our tablet, laptop and he has a leap pad too.
He used all of them, and gets stories at bedtime every night.

Result, top of the class. Ahead of the standards in reading, writing and math. In fact, he's not going from reception to year one, he's going to an intermediate class made of the best of year one and those lagging from year two.
Everything can help.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024