Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans on TV 07:09 - Jul 29 with 2969 viewscurleigh

Don't know if this topic has been covered, but just seen the live fixtures for the Swans, apart from the first game against Man utd, we are not on again till 16 OCTOBER, that's our first game on SKY, Liverpool & Arsenal on the other hand are on 6 TIMES before we feature.
I think there is a slight imbalance there, the powers to be must think we are one of the richest clubs in Europe, therefore don't need the money, i for one won't be having Sky for the first 2 months. English bias at it's best.
Swans on TV on 07:14 - Jul 29 with 2950 viewsMattG

It has been covered before. Every year since Sky started showing PL football. Oh, and you can swap "the Swans" for pretty much any team outside the top six and the same argument will apply. Apart from the "English bias" bit, obviously.

To be honest, I think we do pretty well considering - last season we were on TV 13 times compared with Hull and Norwich (9 times each), West Brom (8 times), Fulham and Cardiff (7 times each) and Stoke (5 times).

http://www.tsmplug.com/football/premier-league-prize-money/
Swans on TV on 07:16 - Jul 29 with 2944 viewsraynor94

How on earth can it be English bias? all teams are guaranteed 3 games in the first pick, of course Liverpool and arsenal get more, you are looking for something that's not there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans on TV on 07:33 - Jul 29 with 2887 viewsSwansNZ

Just checked the sky tv fixtures, and the OP is right, English bias indeed - nearly every game they show, is between 2 English teams. The b@stards!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swans on TV on 09:50 - Jul 29 with 2707 viewsperchrockjack

Well maybe the Welsh media could assist?
Not really mainly as we rely on England ,play in England and our won national tv are really interested only in what happens n the capital

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swans on TV on 10:00 - Jul 29 with 2684 viewsJackSomething

Swans on TV on 09:50 - Jul 29 by perchrockjack

Well maybe the Welsh media could assist?
Not really mainly as we rely on England ,play in England and our won national tv are really interested only in what happens n the capital

While I don't disagree with you, I don't think our media could assist with showing our games live. Sky, BT and Premier League may well have a bit of a problem if S4C or BBC Wales started live coverage of our matches...

As for English bias, what a crock. There is a bias, it's a big-club bias. Because, you know, big clubs tend to have more fans who'll pay for a Sky or BT subscription. As long as we keep getting more than double the amount of live games teams like Stoke get, I'll be happy.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swans on TV on 10:05 - Jul 29 with 2659 viewscurleigh

Swans on TV on 10:00 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

While I don't disagree with you, I don't think our media could assist with showing our games live. Sky, BT and Premier League may well have a bit of a problem if S4C or BBC Wales started live coverage of our matches...

As for English bias, what a crock. There is a bias, it's a big-club bias. Because, you know, big clubs tend to have more fans who'll pay for a Sky or BT subscription. As long as we keep getting more than double the amount of live games teams like Stoke get, I'll be happy.

I'll withdraw the Enlish bias comment, bit stupid really as we are in an English league, just pissed that even the newly promoted clubs are on at least twice (QPR 4 times) before we get a slot
Swans on TV on 10:14 - Jul 29 with 2626 viewsJackSomething

Swans on TV on 10:05 - Jul 29 by curleigh

I'll withdraw the Enlish bias comment, bit stupid really as we are in an English league, just pissed that even the newly promoted clubs are on at least twice (QPR 4 times) before we get a slot

QPR are a London club, so bias there, they spend lots of money and they have the media favourite 'Arry in charge. Rio being there probably doesn't hurt either.

It is annoying though, as they're a loathsome club. Hopefully we'll be doing well and will get more games in the next round of TV fixtures.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Swans on TV on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 2616 viewsHubert

Given last seasons poor win ratio on live PL matches, maybe it's a blessing in disguise ?
Login to get fewer ads

Swans on TV on 10:35 - Jul 29 with 2563 viewsClinton

Another big advantage.
Not being on TV means we get to play at 3 o clock on a Saturday.
Couple of pints after lunch and then down the Liberty. The proper way to watch football!!

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Swans on TV on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 2465 viewspencoedjack

Swans on TV on 10:35 - Jul 29 by Clinton

Another big advantage.
Not being on TV means we get to play at 3 o clock on a Saturday.
Couple of pints after lunch and then down the Liberty. The proper way to watch football!!

This ^

As much as I enjoyed my European tours last season ......... my God I missed 3 pm Saturday KO's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024