Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) 17:06 - Jul 29 with 2836 viewsDanielswan

Just asking!
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 17:06]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 08:12 - Jul 30 with 618 viewsDrizzle

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:47 - Jul 30 by Danielswan

The most developed social countries in the world are also the ones with the largest numbers of atheists, Denmark included.

I cant pray to a god who doesnt exist, so I pay my taxes happily knowing that everyone will benefit from education, healthcare and the poorest will have food and a roof over their heads. Society is my responsibility.

Somebody mentioned anarchism almost equals atheism, actually its quite the opposite.

Largest numbers , but not the largest percentages. America has a lot of atheists because it has a lot of people. It still hugely religious.
Self will is where the problems start.
As for your last statement, my response is..... oh no it isn't?( Glad you read what I wrote
)
( When in Rome.)
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 8:14]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 08:25 - Jul 30 with 606 viewsCygnus

I personally class myself as SBNR but with Christian leanings.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 10:46 - Jul 30 with 580 viewsjackb

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 08:12 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Largest numbers , but not the largest percentages. America has a lot of atheists because it has a lot of people. It still hugely religious.
Self will is where the problems start.
As for your last statement, my response is..... oh no it isn't?( Glad you read what I wrote
)
( When in Rome.)
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 8:14]

And the US prisdon population has a much larger percentage of religous inmates than atheist, even greater than that of the general population - nasty people god-botherers! Sin-repent-forgiven-back in heaven-sin again-repent-forgiven-back in heaven - etc etc
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 10:52 - Jul 30 with 578 viewsJJJack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:47 - Jul 30 by Danielswan

The most developed social countries in the world are also the ones with the largest numbers of atheists, Denmark included.

I cant pray to a god who doesnt exist, so I pay my taxes happily knowing that everyone will benefit from education, healthcare and the poorest will have food and a roof over their heads. Society is my responsibility.

Somebody mentioned anarchism almost equals atheism, actually its quite the opposite.

Excellent post. It's a bit beyond me that in 2014, we still have educated/intelligent people who are deeply religious. Tony Blair for example. Oh and George W. Bush. Get my drift?!
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:05 - Jul 30 with 571 viewsDrizzle

If Anarchism is the rejection of all authority, and Atheism is the rejection religious authority, then Atheism is a subset of Anarchism.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 11:06]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 561 viewsWarwickHunt

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:05 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

If Anarchism is the rejection of all authority, and Atheism is the rejection religious authority, then Atheism is a subset of Anarchism.

Stop. Talking. Bollox.

TIA
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:14 - Jul 30 with 560 viewsDrizzle

Oooo. A little better than daniels. Not much though.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 11:17]
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 30 with 549 viewsDrizzle

I'm loving this idea that atheists are saintly beings that got here all on their own. Theres no telling what the world would be like had religion not prevailed for as long as it did.
Login to get fewer ads

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:25 - Jul 30 with 547 viewsWarwickHunt

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

I'm loving this idea that atheists are saintly beings that got here all on their own. Theres no telling what the world would be like had religion not prevailed for as long as it did.

You're trolling now.

Pack it in, there's a good lad.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:32 - Jul 30 with 544 viewsDrizzle

Why am I trolling? If you expect me to stop asking awkward questions then I guess you need to block me.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:34 - Jul 30 with 543 viewsLohengrin

I was having a shave this morning and the thought struck me, you don't get to be this deucedly handsome without some sort of a divine blessing. Factor in a preternatural jiving ability; these feet are always square on the beat. I'm living proof that God loves us.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:37 - Jul 30 with 539 viewsWarwickHunt

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:32 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Why am I trolling? If you expect me to stop asking awkward questions then I guess you need to block me.

You misspelled nonsensical there. Never mind.
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:49 - Jul 30 with 531 viewsBatterseajack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:05 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Christians who refuse Jewish/muslin authority are equally anarchists going by that logic
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:51 - Jul 30 with 530 viewsBatterseajack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:34 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

I was having a shave this morning and the thought struck me, you don't get to be this deucedly handsome without some sort of a divine blessing. Factor in a preternatural jiving ability; these feet are always square on the beat. I'm living proof that God loves us.

Where as Drizzle is proof that he doesn't love all of us
Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 30 with 523 viewsCottsy

What a load of @rse dribble.

Atheism isn't the rejection of religious authority its the non belief of gods.

I'm sure there are plenty of spiritual people who reject religious authority while still having a belief in god(s).

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 14:35 - Jul 30 with 508 viewsLohengrin

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 12:03 - Jul 30 by Cottsy

What a load of @rse dribble.

Atheism isn't the rejection of religious authority its the non belief of gods.

I'm sure there are plenty of spiritual people who reject religious authority while still having a belief in god(s).

That would be Gnosticism, not Atheism, I would have thought?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:04 - Jul 30 with 501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 14:35 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

That would be Gnosticism, not Atheism, I would have thought?

Or non conformism/reformation etc etc

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:19 - Jul 30 with 494 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:32 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Well not all atheists are nice people. ( There are atheists in prison you know?) Law abiding people are still serving a god. Its just not a religious one. ( how many people are deterred from committing crime by the fear of retribution? That's hardly being nice, its just being controlled. )
And without wishing to be controversial, how do you know how 'nice' atheists would be if there hadn't been religion for all this time? Is it possible for people to be influenced by religious principles (say the 10 commandments) without being religious? How much of religion has pervaded our everyday lives?
Atheists can just easily have a motive for doing good things, just because they don't expect to be rewarded with eternal life, it doesn't mean they don't expect something. Where did the notion come from that atheists are incapable of hypocrisy?
Crass generalisation lives.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 7:44]

Here we go again!!!!

Atheists, as well as the religious, are driven by human instinct and principals that have been learned as a result of upbringing, social experiences and environmental effects. However, religion corrupts these principals.

Take this example - people are not born scared and fearful, as this is a trait that is learned. It's the same with religion. The principals and instincts we adapt naturally, are perfectly acceptable to live a normal life, and still be good to other people - you are in effect treating people as you have been brought up to be. Add in some scare stories as a child that you will go to hell if you ever turn gay for instance, is not a constructive upbringing.

Atheism desires only that we live for ourselves and eachother, and not waste our lives in the service of a non-existent entity, with as much evidence to support its existence as a talking Jelly serving behind the counter in McDonalds!

Here's an interesting fact for you in response to your 'Atheists can be nawty too' quote, statistically the vast majority of the worlds prison population are religious! An example of this, during a 2013 survey conducted of prisons in the US (USDoC documents obtained via the Freedom Of Information Act), only 0.209% of inmates considered themselves 'without religion/agnostic/atheist/secular'. Compare this to the remaining prison population and you will see your argument is somewhat skewed as per usual. In your attempts at being a religious apologist, you miss the facts.

What you should be saying is, on a whole religion serves no benefit to man and only causes pain and suffering unnecessarily, whilst also providing the religious masses an overall excuse for their actions.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:24 - Jul 30 with 494 viewsHighjack

I am God.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:30 - Jul 30 with 487 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 11:32 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

You're trolling because your 'facts' were pulled from your ass and you're being a bit of a c*nt.

Awkward questions? We can provide answers to your crackpot theories all day long! Will you accept FACT? Nope! Instead you will attempt to counter with another stupid response.

Give up Drizzle, you're embarrassing yourself!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:34 - Jul 30 with 482 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:24 - Jul 30 by Highjack

I am God.

ALL HAIL HIGHJACK

He has afterall as much evidence to support his claim as all the religions and churches!

So, shall we sacrifice a virgin or a chicken first oh mighty one?!

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:38 - Jul 30 with 479 viewsHighjack

Yes send me a virgin (over 18, not ugly or fat) and a kfc and you shall be richly rewarded

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:40 - Jul 30 with 475 viewsJackoBoostardo

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:38 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Yes send me a virgin (over 18, not ugly or fat) and a kfc and you shall be richly rewarded

Oh joy! A ticket into heaven!!!

Now to find a virgin! There's plenty here I suppose and he didn't specify it had to be female - just the fat and ugly bit I'll have a problem with!..... any volunteers??).
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 15:40]

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:44 - Jul 30 with 467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 07:32 - Jul 30 by Drizzle

Well not all atheists are nice people. ( There are atheists in prison you know?) Law abiding people are still serving a god. Its just not a religious one. ( how many people are deterred from committing crime by the fear of retribution? That's hardly being nice, its just being controlled. )
And without wishing to be controversial, how do you know how 'nice' atheists would be if there hadn't been religion for all this time? Is it possible for people to be influenced by religious principles (say the 10 commandments) without being religious? How much of religion has pervaded our everyday lives?
Atheists can just easily have a motive for doing good things, just because they don't expect to be rewarded with eternal life, it doesn't mean they don't expect something. Where did the notion come from that atheists are incapable of hypocrisy?
Crass generalisation lives.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 7:44]

Good post. You only have to read this thread to ascertain that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Any other atheists here? ... or am I the only one bound to hell? :) (n/t) on 15:58 - Jul 30 with 444 viewsHighjack

Blessed be thou, thou shallt be the first to sit upon my right hand and recieve the holy spirit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024