Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guitars in prison 19:22 - Jul 29 with 2683 viewscentrestandswan

Glad to see the government has changed its mind on this issue, and common sense has prevailed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28542329

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Guitars in prison on 16:52 - Jul 30 with 594 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 15:27 - Jul 30 by Davillin

Where they have their own justice system, Native Americans have very enlightened and very different views about crime and "punishment." I watched an hour-long TV program not long ago which showed it in action. "Punishment" is not the goal, but getting back into the right relationship with Nature [my words] is.

Because Native Americans have a very different sense of religion and mankind's relationship with the creator, so too is their system of justice. I greatly admire their traditional way of life.

they have some brilliant philosophies.

Prison should be about protection and rehabilition, never about punishment, doesn't work.
Guitars in prison on 17:57 - Jul 30 with 575 viewsphact0rri

Guitars in prison on 15:27 - Jul 30 by Davillin

Where they have their own justice system, Native Americans have very enlightened and very different views about crime and "punishment." I watched an hour-long TV program not long ago which showed it in action. "Punishment" is not the goal, but getting back into the right relationship with Nature [my words] is.

Because Native Americans have a very different sense of religion and mankind's relationship with the creator, so too is their system of justice. I greatly admire their traditional way of life.

Depends on the tribal soverign in the area Davillin. Some tribal governments are quite strict and all about the punishment. Some are exactly like the American systems. Some are like you said indebted into the old ways. There's a lot of factors involved, and I can only speak of what I know unfortunately.

All native american tribes/reservations are not heavily saturated with the old customs. there are many reservations like the big one in Oklahoma that is heavily christian I know. and there are constant blow out in the Navajo nation in-regards to Christianity vs the old ways.

But I agree that its a much stronger system if we work to help not punish those that have wronged society's laws. Whats the point of jail if they will just come back into the system again? bullox all of it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guitars in prison on 21:32 - Jul 30 with 548 viewsScoobyWho

Guitars in prison on 19:28 - Jul 29 by dickythorpe

Feck me they already have sky tv and play stations and sports, when will they have time to learn!!!

Drum kits next, then keyboards and before you know it the feckers will have a band, simon cu nt or whatever his name is will be hanging off their backsides - then hundreds of thousands banked off a Stupid british public will follow because they cant choose for themselves.

Line em up and take aim.

Cheers !

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Guitars in prison on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 548 viewsDarran

Guitars in prison on 21:32 - Jul 30 by ScoobyWho

Drum kits next, then keyboards and before you know it the feckers will have a band, simon cu nt or whatever his name is will be hanging off their backsides - then hundreds of thousands banked off a Stupid british public will follow because they cant choose for themselves.

Line em up and take aim.

Cheers !

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guitars in prison on 11:26 - Jul 31 with 523 viewsperchrockjack

Prison
should always be about punishment. Evil people should be punished out of respect for their victims. To place rehabilitation above punishment is really offensive.

Its also about deterrent.

Comfortable open prisons are not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guitars in prison on 13:38 - Jul 31 with 510 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 11:26 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Prison
should always be about punishment. Evil people should be punished out of respect for their victims. To place rehabilitation above punishment is really offensive.

Its also about deterrent.

Comfortable open prisons are not

society is better served with rehabilitation. Punishment and revenge do not serve society.

Punishment/revenge as a philosophy is incredibly offensive
Guitars in prison on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 508 viewsdickythorpe

Guitars in prison on 21:32 - Jul 30 by ScoobyWho

Line em up and take aim.

Cheers !

Feck me you can hear it now ,"Arson Andy and the Drop Outs" live at the O2
Guitars in prison on 13:47 - Jul 31 with 504 viewsperchrockjack

Well,somebody breaks into a house beats up a 90 year old doesn't deserve punishment and would benefit more from help. Count me out som.i m only concerned with victims. The Shiite can literally kill themselves

Login to get fewer ads

Guitars in prison on 20:52 - Jul 31 with 492 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 13:47 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Well,somebody breaks into a house beats up a 90 year old doesn't deserve punishment and would benefit more from help. Count me out som.i m only concerned with victims. The Shiite can literally kill themselves

so your solution - lock them up for a few years, let them out, why wouldn't they do it again??

Find out why they were so f*cked up that they did such a twisted thing, attempt to resolve, maybe they won't do it again.

Which has the better chance of bettering society when they are released

An eye for an eye leads to a world of blind men, a better man than me once said
Guitars in prison on 20:53 - Jul 31 with 491 viewsDarran

Guitars in prison on 20:52 - Jul 31 by jackb

so your solution - lock them up for a few years, let them out, why wouldn't they do it again??

Find out why they were so f*cked up that they did such a twisted thing, attempt to resolve, maybe they won't do it again.

Kill em and there's no need to let em out.

Guitars in prison on 21:54 - Jul 31 with 478 viewsperchrockjack

Fact.when they are away they aren't screwing up people s lives.

Fact.most do crime as it's easy money and shorter hours than you soft towards getting up going out to earn a living.these scum want to take what is yours for their own.
It's that simple. Don't waste your sympathy on them. Concerned?do volunteer work at victims support .plases don't give me the soft arse option. We ve done it for too long.look around you and it should be obvious.

Guitars in prison on 22:25 - Jul 31 with 469 viewsphact0rri

Guitars in prison on 21:54 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Fact.most do crime as it's easy money and shorter hours than you soft towards getting up going out to earn a living.these scum want to take what is yours for their own.
It's that simple. Don't waste your sympathy on them. Concerned?do volunteer work at victims support .plases don't give me the soft arse option. We ve done it for too long.look around you and it should be obvious.

Being in jail is the punishment. However while being punished why not also try to help them into sorting themselves. Were a civilized society, so why should we not try to help others not go out and do worse crimes.

It's not sympathy for criminals... its an attempt to stop repeat offenders.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Guitars in prison on 00:18 - Aug 1 with 460 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 21:54 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Dont have any sympathy for them.
It's not simple, I dont believe you're stupid enough to really believe that.
Look around at reoffending rates and it should be obvious.
Guitars in prison on 01:35 - Aug 1 with 458 viewsDyfnant

Guitars in prison on 00:18 - Aug 1 by jackb

Dont have any sympathy for them.
It's not simple, I dont believe you're stupid enough to really believe that.
Look around at reoffending rates and it should be obvious.

It could be argued the reoffending rates are due to slack punishment.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Guitars in prison on 08:01 - Aug 1 with 442 viewsperchrockjack

It's also a case of those having concerns about prisoners feeling morally superior. Stupid are people believing punishment is not a priority.it is.

When they are away they can't do it.

I hope they don't get to ruin you or your family s lives..

People who live thief lives always first.

Offenders often re offend as it's simply a way of life. No fear for them and there should be.

It's them or us. Please don't believe rehabilitation is as successful as you seem to think

Guitars in prison on 08:04 - Aug 1 with 433 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 01:35 - Aug 1 by Dyfnant

It could be argued the reoffending rates are due to slack punishment.

you could , but you'd be wrong
Guitars in prison on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 415 viewsDyfnant

Guitars in prison on 08:04 - Aug 1 by jackb

you could , but you'd be wrong

Yeah I didn't say it's what I thought

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Guitars in prison on 12:54 - Aug 1 with 405 viewsNeath_Jack

How about a happy medium. Flog the c*nts six days a week, twelve hours a day, then in the classroom or counsellors office for a cwtch and biscuits for the other. And no TV, playstations, radios, pool tables etc. etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Guitars in prison on 12:57 - Aug 1 with 404 viewsDarran

Guitars in prison on 12:54 - Aug 1 by Neath_Jack

How about a happy medium. Flog the c*nts six days a week, twelve hours a day, then in the classroom or counsellors office for a cwtch and biscuits for the other. And no TV, playstations, radios, pool tables etc. etc.

You can't have that mun poor bastards aren't there to be punished.

Guitars in prison on 13:06 - Aug 1 with 400 viewsjackb

Guitars in prison on 08:01 - Aug 1 by perchrockjack

It's also a case of those having concerns about prisoners feeling morally superior. Stupid are people believing punishment is not a priority.it is.

When they are away they can't do it.

I hope they don't get to ruin you or your family s lives..

People who live thief lives always first.

Offenders often re offend as it's simply a way of life. No fear for them and there should be.

It's them or us. Please don't believe rehabilitation is as successful as you seem to think

No superiority here.
Stupid are people believing rehabilitation should not be a priority.it should be.

yes

me too, stupid bloody statement from you but there you go!

huh?

that's what rehabilitation should do - change that way of life, DOH!

It's us. Please don't believe punishment is anywhere near as successful as you seem to think
Guitars in prison on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 397 viewsDarran

Guitars in prison on 13:06 - Aug 1 by jackb

No superiority here.
Stupid are people believing rehabilitation should not be a priority.it should be.

yes

me too, stupid bloody statement from you but there you go!

huh?

that's what rehabilitation should do - change that way of life, DOH!

It's us. Please don't believe punishment is anywhere near as successful as you seem to think

If punished properly it would be.

Guitars in prison on 13:53 - Aug 1 with 389 viewsLohengrin

There's some awfully mean people on here. If some poor bugger is locked away for twenty hours a day, or whatever it may be, in a little cell why would you begrudge him a Gibson for company?

BOO!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Guitars in prison on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 387 viewsperchrockjack

Civilised yep. We allow a man who tried to rape a baby to live, another who battered a baby to death to be free within 4 years.
Civilised?you wanna see what they actually do. Trust me, if you see the results of a rehabilitated sex offender it might change minds.

It's always comfortable to appear and assume a position of Christian forgiveness and to help them.

Most don't need it don't want it...

It's not civilised out there

Guitars in prison on 14:24 - Aug 1 with 382 viewsJackoBoostardo

Guitars in prison on 20:52 - Jul 31 by jackb

The trick is to make them fearful or hate the idea of going back to prison... so they won't risk it again.

Being liberally soft on criminals is just encouragement - definitely the wrong road to be going down.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Guitars in prison on 14:26 - Aug 1 with 381 viewsJackoBoostardo

Guitars in prison on 13:53 - Aug 1 by Lohengrin

There's some awfully mean people on here. If some poor bugger is locked away for twenty hours a day, or whatever it may be, in a little cell why would you begrudge him a Gibson for company?

BOO!

Because he made that choice.

He could have taken the decision to be law abiding, and own a Gibson outside of prison. But instead decided to be a blight on society and fuk up his life.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024