Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Times 10:13 - Jul 30 with 2386 viewsCatullus

They say JDG is on his way out of Swansea to an un-named London club.

Ignoring the obvious mistake, who in London would he go to. I can't see Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea wanting him. Qpr maybe? But why go there, unless they offer a nig pay rise obviously, as he's settled in well here and knows he's wanted.
I know it's usually all about the money, but Qpr makes mo sense to me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Times on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 2367 viewsJJJack

But it's hardly all down to him is it? What if we haven't bid for him? Then he can't come back here regardless. It's upto his club also. I reckon it could be West Ham?
The Times on 10:34 - Jul 30 with 2272 viewsItchySphincter

Far too good for West Ham, they wouldn't know what to do with him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Times on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 2262 viewsCatullus

The Times on 10:16 - Jul 30 by JJJack

But it's hardly all down to him is it? What if we haven't bid for him? Then he can't come back here regardless. It's upto his club also. I reckon it could be West Ham?

West Ham makes even less sense to me!

And I was certain we were negotiating for/with him?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Times on 10:39 - Jul 30 with 2239 viewsscottishjack

Sort of makes sense, with talk of a new deal for Ki, it sounds as though he has come back with his head screwed on right?

I always had a feeling that another move for JDG depended on what happened with Ki.
The Times on 10:39 - Jul 30 with 2239 viewsmonmouth

To be honest, as soon as he was picked for the world cup, I thought we'd probably seen the last of him. Villareal will be looking for a massive loan or transfer fee now and there'll be more fish in the pool. We may get him back but I think the odds are imo seriously diminishing with every day that passes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Times on 10:39 - Jul 30 with 2236 viewsJJJack

The Times on 10:35 - Jul 30 by Catullus

West Ham makes even less sense to me!

And I was certain we were negotiating for/with him?

I agree. Doesn't mean it won't happen.

I thought we were too but Monk's comments this week that he hasn't even spoken to JDG suggest that perhaps we're not now.
The Times on 10:41 - Jul 30 with 2232 viewsicecoldjack

I Think with ki returning and us landing gylfi it maybe became harder to justify getting him back.

I thought we should have gone for him but we dont know the full story, maybe we did and he was offered more elsewhere ?

Done well for us , a very underated player IMO . Some Will be happy to see him eøsewhere though!
The Times on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 2209 viewsmonmouth

The Times on 10:41 - Jul 30 by icecoldjack

I Think with ki returning and us landing gylfi it maybe became harder to justify getting him back.

I thought we should have gone for him but we dont know the full story, maybe we did and he was offered more elsewhere ?

Done well for us , a very underated player IMO . Some Will be happy to see him eøsewhere though!

Aye, and this business about offering Ki a new contract. His game seems quite similar to De Guz, although he's got a lot to prove to be as good.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Times on 10:47 - Jul 30 with 2195 viewsCatullus

The Times on 10:41 - Jul 30 by icecoldjack

I myself was highly critical of him at times. But he is obviously talented and when performing consistently as we know he can, well we'll miss him.
I'm not doubting he'll go elsewhere, but I don't see why he'd go to Qpr or the Hammers!

The Times on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 2057 viewsSwan91

I figured that's what would happen. From comments I read from the Villarreal camp. Both them and swansea did not have the same valuation on dgz and Villarreal were looking for a couple more million. It did seem like there was no progress being made with talks.

Also with Ki being back I honestly thought that it meant dgz wasn't coming back. He did a good job for us, but he wasn't indispensable to the club so I don't think we will be too hurt by him not coming back and I believe Ki will do a good job in that position. No need to spend an extra 5-6 million on player who's role is also the same as 2-3 of our midfielders already. We need to spend it on a player who can play Leon Britons role instead.

As for the London side I can only see it being 2 teams. Either totenham or QPR. Totenham because the manager has obv showed that he has some sort of player knowledge when it comes to swansea. But they already have a shed load of midfielders so it would be weird.

And QPR for the only reason that he can earn quite a bit of wages there compared to swansea and will be able to play in the premier league. Other than that I can't think of anything
The Times on 11:48 - Jul 30 with 1944 viewsPegojack

I'd rather we flog Ki to Villa and buy JDG, he's a far better player in my opinion.
The Times on 12:05 - Jul 30 with 1856 viewsJJJack

The Times on 11:48 - Jul 30 by Pegojack

I'd rather we flog Ki to Villa and buy JDG, he's a far better player in my opinion.

Agreed. JDG also seems to want to play for us. Ki doesn't.
The Times on 12:10 - Jul 30 with 1833 viewspencoedjack

Agree

Think those who don't rate JDG will realise how good he is once he is gone.

A thinking mans footballer.
The Times on 12:21 - Jul 30 with 1779 viewsJackFish

Not sure why you're getting downvotes for that, definitely what I'd go for as well if it's an option.
The Times on 12:35 - Jul 30 with 1689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Times on 12:21 - Jul 30 by JackFish

Not sure why you're getting downvotes for that, definitely what I'd go for as well if it's an option.

Is Ki is God lurking lol?
JDG gives us far more energy than Ki can. Defensively that is so important, to keep closing down the opposition.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Times on 12:48 - Jul 30 with 1598 viewsSwan91

The Times on 12:35 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Is Ki is God lurking lol?
JDG gives us far more energy than Ki can. Defensively that is so important, to keep closing down the opposition.

I think in the 2 games he's played for us this pre season he's looked like he has quite a lot of energy. Doesn't look as slow as before.
The Times on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 1549 viewsLiam

I saw this coming beginning of July. The Swans website was a bit naive in thinking he was ours and I pointed it out.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/116936/is-de-guzman-alre

Just sayin'
The Times on 13:02 - Jul 30 with 1501 viewsHighjack

It can't be any of those clubs because they all have names.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Times on 13:08 - Jul 30 with 1467 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Times on 13:02 - Jul 30 by Highjack

It can't be any of those clubs because they all have names.

We'll never know where he's gone

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Times on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 1321 viewsItchySphincter

Unless Ki has grown a set of balls I'd rather have JDG.

If he doesn't come back here I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up at Southampton.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Times on 13:53 - Jul 30 with 1302 viewskarnataka

I thought Ki did really well last night and we looked far better organised with him than without but I'd swap him for JdG any day as JdG was very important to the way we played last season and scored a decent number of goals as well. However, if Garry has plans to tinker with the way we play then JdG may not be needed as much in that scheme. Can't see it myself though, JdG is far too good to miss out on IMO if we've got any chance of having him back and Ki would then be expendable.
The Times on 14:05 - Jul 30 with 1246 viewsDr_Winston

The Times on 13:50 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

If he doesn't come back here I wouldn't be surprised to see him wind up at Southampton.

Not a bad shout that.

Ki will have had to have improved significantly on his previous showings here to be a serious replacement for JdG.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Times on 14:22 - Jul 30 with 1184 viewsCatullus

The Times on 13:50 - Jul 30 by ItchySphincter

Seriously? Because neither of them is great at tackling! It was JDG pulling out of tackles that first got me criticising him. He went in for a few later on though.

I do think some of you are under rating Ki too. Laudrup didn't use him to his best. I really think Ki can be a good player for us.
My OP was more because I think JDG can do better than QPR or WHU. And Southampton would be a good shout for a technically gifted player.
If it is QPR then it has to be about the money only, in my opinion. Maybe we won't match Villareals asking price, but given QPR's willingness to pay high fees and wages, I guess that makes sense.
But as I said, I really don't see Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea wanting him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024