Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine if a footballer did this? 10:24 - Jul 30 with 2799 viewsJJJack

I imagine there'd be an outcry. Rugby is full of overpaid yobs. Footballers are no saints of course but the amount of time i hear people say "you'd never hear of a rugby player doing that" really, really does my head in.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ian-gough-found-guilty-assaulting-7
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:26 - Jul 30 with 2267 viewsjandyt

Hmm, not quite in the same category as Ched Evans or Maroln King is it? There seemed to be a bit of a fuss with them from memory.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:30 - Jul 30 with 2243 viewspencoedjack

I agree .....

Although ' Dane Bowers watched from the window' makes him sound a bit of a wimp.

Cant imagine many men just watching as their partners are getting assaulted by an ex boyfriend.
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:31 - Jul 30 with 2230 viewsJJJack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:26 - Jul 30 by jandyt

Hmm, not quite in the same category as Ched Evans or Maroln King is it? There seemed to be a bit of a fuss with them from memory.

Why pick on the examples of 2 pretty extreme cases then? You've just proved my point. Of course there was a fuss over what they did. A massive fuss. What abouyt what Luke McCormick the other day on here and compare with the "high jinks" from Andy Powell driving a golf cart the wrong way down the M4 whilst steaming. There's virtually no difference except the former tragically ended up hitting another car and killing people.
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:33 - Jul 30 with 2221 viewsscottishjack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:30 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

I agree .....

Although ' Dane Bowers watched from the window' makes him sound a bit of a wimp.

Cant imagine many men just watching as their partners are getting assaulted by an ex boyfriend.

But he sent him an angry text as he watched from the window!
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 2215 viewsjacktar

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:30 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

I agree .....

Have you seen the size on Ian Gough? Maybe he could have shouted "leave her alone " out the window or maybe he doesn't like her that much.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:38 - Jul 30 with 2198 viewsScoobyWho

A fc king trio of tw ats, loving the drama.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:42 - Jul 30 with 2186 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:33 - Jul 30 by scottishjack

But he sent him an angry text as he watched from the window!

As he drove away you mean lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 2179 viewsCatullus

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:31 - Jul 30 by JJJack

Why pick on the examples of 2 pretty extreme cases then? You've just proved my point. Of course there was a fuss over what they did. A massive fuss. What abouyt what Luke McCormick the other day on here and compare with the "high jinks" from Andy Powell driving a golf cart the wrong way down the M4 whilst steaming. There's virtually no difference except the former tragically ended up hitting another car and killing people.

That's a pretty huge difference, not killing someone. How can you compare that. If I carried a gun and shot at targets in public, is that as bad as shooting at people?
Its the difference between reckless endangerment and attempted murder!
McCormick and Powell were both grade A tw@ts, but Powell only hurt his career and his reputation.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:44 - Jul 30 with 2174 viewsscottishjack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:42 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

As he drove away you mean lol

Yep, I hope he considers himself told!
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:57 - Jul 30 with 2138 viewspencoedjack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:44 - Jul 30 by scottishjack

Yep, I hope he considers himself told!

I bet Gough sh*t himself ....
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:01 - Jul 30 with 2127 viewsJJJack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:43 - Jul 30 by Catullus

That's a pretty huge difference, not killing someone. How can you compare that. If I carried a gun and shot at targets in public, is that as bad as shooting at people?
Its the difference between reckless endangerment and attempted murder!
McCormick and Powell were both grade A tw@ts, but Powell only hurt his career and his reputation.

But that's my point exactly (perhaps I didn't explain it properly). I don't see people having a pop at Powell on here though McCormick got (rightly or wrongly) slaughtered on here.

Powell has been subsequently feted as a "national hero" for his performances since the incident. When he should have been in jail IMO.
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 2045 viewsDr_Winston

Being a Rugby player has been a licence to be an aggressive, arrogant tw*t in Wales for years. Nothing new about this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:31 - Jul 30 with 2025 viewshammy

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:35 - Jul 30 by jacktar

Have you seen the size on Ian Gough? Maybe he could have shouted "leave her alone " out the window or maybe he doesn't like her that much.

Yep, 6'5" and approx. 19 stone. Wouldn't have given the podgy ex-boy band singer much of a chance ... probably took the right option if Gough was kicking off.

Can't condone this type of behaviour, but this is a long way from a sexual offence or manslaughter !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:43 - Jul 30 with 1976 viewsDarran

I can't remember much of an outcry when this happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4655478.stm

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:46 - Jul 30 with 1959 viewsJJJack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:23 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Being a Rugby player has been a licence to be an aggressive, arrogant tw*t in Wales for years. Nothing new about this.

Innit. Drug-fuelled louts the lot of them. If footballers took as many performance-enhancing drugs as rugby stars there'd be a media meltdown.
Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 1935 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:01 - Jul 30 by JJJack

But that's my point exactly (perhaps I didn't explain it properly). I don't see people having a pop at Powell on here though McCormick got (rightly or wrongly) slaughtered on here.

Powell has been subsequently feted as a "national hero" for his performances since the incident. When he should have been in jail IMO.

He's since acted up the big man in shepherd's bush and took a bit of a kicking. He really is a complete tw@t

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:58 - Jul 30 with 1920 viewsDarran

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:01 - Jul 30 by JJJack

Seriously you're wrong J,there was plenty said about Powell in the other site before we moved here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 1875 viewsjandyt

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 10:31 - Jul 30 by JJJack

It hardly proves your point though does it?

You can find good and bad examples of footballers and rugby players and both sides of that short sighted debate can find examples of overpaid yobs playing rugby or overpaid prima donnas who play football whilst conveniently ignoring the vast majority of talented, hard working individuals who play both sports.

Gough, Evans and King's crimes were all unacceptable in any decent society, but are not limited to footballers or rugby players.

You original post simply smacked of point scoring- acceptable against that individual but not against the rugby community as a whole.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 13:14 - Jul 30 with 1747 viewssully49

Footballers have already done it. Does anyone remember Stan Collymore

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 1743 viewsHighjack

Same as the "rugby fans aren't hooligans like football fans" thing the media likes to perpetuate, when you just have to visit any town or city the night of a 6 nations game and there's carnage with people fighting everywhere.

Isn't there also a big spike in domestic violence in Wales during the 6 nations? Or is that an urban myth?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 13:18 - Jul 30 with 1732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 13:15 - Jul 30 by Highjack

Same as the "rugby fans aren't hooligans like football fans" thing the media likes to perpetuate, when you just have to visit any town or city the night of a 6 nations game and there's carnage with people fighting everywhere.

Isn't there also a big spike in domestic violence in Wales during the 6 nations? Or is that an urban myth?

That will be all the drunken pink cowboy hatted women thumping their husbands in Pontypridd when their tea isn't on the table when they get home from the mill stad.

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 1626 viewsCatullus

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 11:23 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

You forgot cocky!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 16:03 - Jul 30 with 1515 viewsskippyjack

A case of.. 'when are you both going to grow up'.. Rugby players and Protein shakes = aggression after volume of intake..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 16:57 - Jul 30 with 1434 viewsJackfath

No mention of the continued verbals she was dishing out to Ian then?

She seems like such a level headed decent young thing too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 17:05 - Jul 30 with 1411 viewshobo

Imagine if a footballer did this? on 16:03 - Jul 30 by skippyjack

A case of.. 'when are you both going to grow up'.. Rugby players and Protein shakes = aggression after volume of intake..

Protein makes people aggressive?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024