Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m 15:32 - Jul 30 with 4556 viewsKennedy

And £75k a week

Now is he a better player than Bony?

Personally think Bony is a better player for us.

But at least Bony should be around this value too as still both very young.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 21:13]

Just call me JFK

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 22:57 - Jul 30 with 1354 viewsraynor94

Big signing for them, I think Roberto is top draw, could attack the top four this year

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 23:01 - Jul 30 with 1344 viewstomdickharry

Good signing for Judas 1.will keep him away from Bony.
Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 23:03 - Jul 30 with 1334 viewsItchySphincter

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 22:53 - Jul 30 by Darran

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/116000/martinez-cheats-f

I did see your post then. Sorry about that. Must've been the Caprahina...

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 1326 viewsDarran

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 22:57 - Jul 30 by raynor94

Big signing for them, I think Roberto is top draw, could attack the top four this year

No chance.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 01:49 - Jul 31 with 1274 viewsJack123

If Lukaku is worth 28 million, then Bony is worth 35 mill plus..

libera nos a malo

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 02:39 - Jul 31 with 1259 viewsdameedna

For what it is worth I see Bony as the player more suited to us or Chelsea than Lukaku

Bony and Gomis are both link players

Bony started linking well with Shelvey and Emnes last year

Emnes looks like he is out for a while which he must be gutted at

I can see Bony Gomis and Emnes on the park in some games and that is some fire power

esp with Siggy, Shelvey / JDG / Ki etc in support

Not sure how Lukaku will do this year I would say against top teams like Chelsea's All Out Defence, he will be snuffed out in those games . I don't think it is possible to snuff out Bony, who comes deep and links with overlapping runs.
Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 07:44 - Jul 31 with 1235 viewsjacksinceever

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 16:40 - Jul 30 by Swan91

Well they will have to be quick because even though they have said bony could move to a top club, they would never sell him with only like a week left with no cover option to replace him.

IMO if a silly offer (£25 - £30 million) came in for Wilf, I have no doubt we would sell, even on the last day of transfer window. However I also feel that Swans management and board would have replacements of some sort up their sleeve (possible loans)
Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 09:55 - Jul 31 with 1195 viewsJackSomething

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 07:44 - Jul 31 by jacksinceever

IMO if a silly offer (£25 - £30 million) came in for Wilf, I have no doubt we would sell, even on the last day of transfer window. However I also feel that Swans management and board would have replacements of some sort up their sleeve (possible loans)

Seems like the figure for Lukaku was £28m. His advantages over Bony are that he's younger and had 2 good seasons in the PL, not just one. Another 20+ goals for Bony this year though and I think we'd be looking at £25m if we sold him. As long as there's no release clause of course.

If someone did come in for him this season, I would hope the board would refuse to complete the deal until a replacement was secured.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 1185 viewsperchrockjack

Iconic player for Evertun as Bony is for us.
Some good sensible recent posts here.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 11:51 - Jul 31 with 1161 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 09:55 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

Seems like the figure for Lukaku was £28m. His advantages over Bony are that he's younger and had 2 good seasons in the PL, not just one. Another 20+ goals for Bony this year though and I think we'd be looking at £25m if we sold him. As long as there's no release clause of course.

If someone did come in for him this season, I would hope the board would refuse to complete the deal until a replacement was secured.

How can 15 Prem goals be worth £28m and Bony with 20+ goals be worth only £20m.
This from Jack123
"If Lukaku is worth 28 million, then Bony is worth 35 mill plus.. "
Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:07 - Jul 31 with 1149 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 09:55 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

Perhaps we should offer him a new contract..........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 12:08 - Jul 31 with 1145 viewsC_jack

Never thought Everton would spend that kind of money.

Brave move.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 12:12 - Jul 31 with 1139 viewsItchySphincter

Trouble is they're spending 28M just to stand still. Good player but doesn't improve them from last year. Should have looked elsewhere at that price imo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 12:15 - Jul 31 with 1134 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 12:12 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

Trouble is they're spending 28M just to stand still. Good player but doesn't improve them from last year. Should have looked elsewhere at that price imo.

You'd think that Martinez with his cheapo scout network would have got them a bargain from abroad

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:48 - Jul 31 with 1096 viewsJackSomething

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 11:51 - Jul 31 by A_Fans_Dad

How can 15 Prem goals be worth £28m and Bony with 20+ goals be worth only £20m.
This from Jack123
"If Lukaku is worth 28 million, then Bony is worth 35 mill plus.. "

Seriously?

Lukaku had 15 PL goals last season and 17 the year before. Bony had 16 last season.

Lukaku is 21, Bony will be 26 next summer.

If Bony scored another 15-17 league goals this season and a CL club wants him, then you would hope £25m will be the starting point. If we could get around £28m then great.

If you think we'd get £35m for him (unless he has an unbelievable season), then I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:50 - Jul 31 with 1096 viewsMattG

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:07 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps we should offer him a new contract..........

I'd be disappointed if we haven't already, to be honest.

Doesn't mean he'd sign it but still.....
Lukaku heading to Everton for £28m on 15:24 - Jul 31 with 1049 viewsPozuelosSideys

Mmm we all thought Everton were skint. Guess they arent hey! Kinda puts into perspective as to where we are in terms of buying power in the transfer market compared to them who we see as paupers compared to the top few.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 1043 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:48 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

Seriously?

Lukaku had 15 PL goals last season and 17 the year before. Bony had 16 last season.

Lukaku is 21, Bony will be 26 next summer.

If Bony scored another 15-17 league goals this season and a CL club wants him, then you would hope £25m will be the starting point. If we could get around £28m then great.

If you think we'd get £35m for him (unless he has an unbelievable season), then I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Lukaku last season 31 appearances 16 goals
Bony last season 29 appearances 20 goals or total including euro 40 appearances and 25 goals
As you say Lakaku is going backwards 17 from 20 down to 15 from 29 playing for a better side.
Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 18:10 - Jul 31 with 999 viewsJackSomething

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 15:29 - Jul 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Lukaku last season 31 appearances 16 goals
Bony last season 29 appearances 20 goals or total including euro 40 appearances and 25 goals
As you say Lakaku is going backwards 17 from 20 down to 15 from 29 playing for a better side.

Yes, the 21 year old is going backward at a rate of knots.

20 from 29 and 17 from 20? Where are you getting these numbers from?

Unless Bony has a outstanding season beyond our wildest dreams, we will not get £35m for him. Not a chance.

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 18:36 - Jul 31 with 985 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 18:10 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

Yes, the 21 year old is going backward at a rate of knots.

20 from 29 and 17 from 20? Where are you getting these numbers from?

Unless Bony has a outstanding season beyond our wildest dreams, we will not get £35m for him. Not a chance.

According to SoccerBase Lukaku played 20 whole Prem games for West Brom and scored 17 goals.
He played 29 whole Prem games for Everton and scored 15 goals.
He did make more "appearances" for West Brom however.
You would have thought that he would get better "service" playing for Everton than he did from West Brom.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=56521
Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 09:13 - Aug 1 with 946 viewsJackSomething

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 18:36 - Jul 31 by A_Fans_Dad

According to SoccerBase Lukaku played 20 whole Prem games for West Brom and scored 17 goals.
You would have thought that he would get better "service" playing for Everton than he did from West Brom.

So he didn't score any goals in substitute appearances then?

I love Bony, but to suggest he is worth more than Lukaku right now is nonsense. As is suggesting we could get £35m for him.

We may as well leave it there as only time will tell.

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 12:17 - Aug 1 with 915 viewsTom1912

Lukaku heading to Everton for £25m on 18:36 - Jul 31 by A_Fans_Dad

Ridiculous to say he's going backwards. It's still a very good return at Everton for a 21 year old.

And in all competitions, he's scored more goals (65) at the age of 21 than the likes of Ronaldo, RVP, Ibrahimovich, Suarez, Messi, Rooney, Aguero, Neymar had at that point in their careers.

Even if he doesn't progress, he's already a very good striker. And if he does get better, which at 21 is possible, he could be one of the best strikers in the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024