Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk - Ki will get a new contract 16:09 - Jul 30 with 13041 viewsJokeren1943

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:42 - Jul 30 with 1838 viewsDrizzy

All aboard the reversing bus, driven by Dr Winston O'Boogs.

We were desperate for a midfielder who can slot in and keep us flowing when we're under pressure last season. He may lack substance at the best of times but Ki can be a very useful player when used correctly whose ability to retain possession can only be matched by Leon. Not the sharpest defensive mind but he has time to improve. Tie him down for the next couple of years and see if he does so.

Not sure why de Guzman comparisons are being made. They're two different types of player. It's not a case of one or the other, I think we need both.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 22:47]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:43 - Jul 30 with 1837 viewsBanosswan

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:42 - Jul 30 by Drizzy

We were desperate for a midfielder who can slot in and keep us flowing when we're under pressure last season. He may lack substance at the best of times but Ki can be a very useful player when used correctly whose ability to retain possession can only be matched by Leon. Not the sharpest defensive mind but he has time to improve. Tie him down for the next couple of years and see if he does so.

Not sure why de Guzman comparisons are being made. They're two different types of player. It's not a case of one or the other, I think we need both.

Damn right

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 00:52 - Jul 31 with 1757 viewsHighjack

Possibly for the first time since he's been here he's felt valued by the manager and club, which may push him on to better performances.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 01:44 - Jul 31 with 1742 viewsnyc_swans

i think everybody will love him the first time he hits one perfectly in the top corner from outside the box.

hopefully that happens this season.

that said, what a waste it would be to let him go at this point, or at least, to see if he's up for it. i think the way he played for korea this summer was almost exactly what is needed. i guess we'll find out quickly if he's cut out to play Leon's role, or if he's going to rotate with Shelvey and possibly Siggy once Leon gets back.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 02:28 - Jul 31 with 1731 viewsphact0rri

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 01:44 - Jul 31 by nyc_swans

i think everybody will love him the first time he hits one perfectly in the top corner from outside the box.

hopefully that happens this season.

that said, what a waste it would be to let him go at this point, or at least, to see if he's up for it. i think the way he played for korea this summer was almost exactly what is needed. i guess we'll find out quickly if he's cut out to play Leon's role, or if he's going to rotate with Shelvey and possibly Siggy once Leon gets back.

But Korea were awful! (To the chagrin of my girlfriend who I think was happier for Korea's defeats than Japan's wins)

But in all seriousness... I would like to see him step up. he's an imposing figure on the pitch to be sure. but so far its been mostly substance. really I mean if we need someone to take potshots at the goal from range, I'd rather have Shelvey do that as its paid off at least a few times. And he's shown to be good at pushing the box and sifting some passes inside to the forwards and wingers. And I think thats my biggest grivance with Ki. its not a DeGuzman sub that much is true, as Ki isn't that flavour of player, he seems more to be a Shelvey flavour. and I can see him as a good sub for Shelvey (who I hope can do more extended shifts like he was towards the end of last season) but aside from that I don't see him bringing anything unique to the squad that we don't already have.

That is unless he can shift some more passes and relay from the back to the front. But he's so slow. maybe Chelsea will come calling.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 03:01 - Jul 31 with 1740 viewsdameedna

Ki has not applied his utility it to great affect. I did not watch him much at Sunderland as I did not think he would be back. I am worried on this one and hope Monk is right. A DM would be a good signing or get Canas back.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 06:39 - Jul 31 with 1689 viewsDr_Winston

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 22:42 - Jul 30 by Drizzy

They are different types of players Newps. One is very good, the other isn't.

Aren't you bored of trying for bites yet?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 06:53 - Jul 31 with 1680 viewsdgt73

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 16:13 - Jul 30 by skippyjack

Swans fans go into meltdown.. can't tackle.. doesn't get stuck in.. doesn't score.. doesn't create.. f*cking useless he is.. what does he do though?

I wouldn't go that far.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:22 - Jul 31 with 1671 viewsmarchamjack

I'm not a Ki fan, but to say he is useless is a step too far. just not at our level as I see him and would be happy (or put fairly, not bothered one bit if he goes)

Serious question - to those championing him on here, what is it he actually does? Can someone set out what it is Ki does in a game, what attributes he brings. I'm struggling to think of anything that I could point to and say that's what Kim brings.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:47 - Jul 31 with 1642 viewsWarwickHunt

A very good player if played in the corrrect position.

DM isn't that position. Obviously.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:57 - Jul 31 with 1630 viewsJonTheJack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 19:36 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

That's pretty much where I am as well. Ki's not as bad a player as many make out. De Guzman's not as awesome as many make out either (although equally not as poor as some have made him out to be in the past).

It'd be a blow if De Guzman didn't come back, but nowhere near a fatal one.

This is exactly what I think.

I'm one of the JDG doubters, but he was always one of the first names down on the team sheet for us because he was always good for an assist or goal. I genuinely think Ki is slightly better in overall play; and we need to play him in JDG's position to get him in the damaging positions.

Ki is as cool as they come and will find the passes necessary when he's further up, I have no doubt about that.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 08:59 - Jul 31 with 1594 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:22 - Jul 31 by marchamjack

I'm not a Ki fan, but to say he is useless is a step too far. just not at our level as I see him and would be happy (or put fairly, not bothered one bit if he goes)

Serious question - to those championing him on here, what is it he actually does? Can someone set out what it is Ki does in a game, what attributes he brings. I'm struggling to think of anything that I could point to and say that's what Kim brings.

They're just terrified that he'll come in and do okay so their getting their reversing in early.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 09:01 - Jul 31 with 1587 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:57 - Jul 31 by JonTheJack

I'm one of the JDG doubters, but he was always one of the first names down on the team sheet for us because he was always good for an assist or goal. I genuinely think Ki is slightly better in overall play; and we need to play him in JDG's position to get him in the damaging positions.

Ki is as cool as they come and will find the passes necessary when he's further up, I have no doubt about that.

So to paraphrase, you have doubts about JDG but have no doubts about Ki. Very interesting, almost fascinating to me ..........

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 09:28 - Jul 31 with 1567 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 07:57 - Jul 31 by JonTheJack

Defensively Ki can't do what JDG does. He's no tackler and I don't think Li is the best at tracking back either

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:01 - Jul 31 with 1525 viewsJonTheJack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 09:01 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

So to paraphrase, you have doubts about JDG but have no doubts about Ki. Very interesting, almost fascinating to me ..........

It would when you somehow deduce that I have no doubts over Ki when not mentioning that at all.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:07 - Jul 31 with 1512 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:01 - Jul 31 by JonTheJack

It would when you somehow deduce that I have no doubts over Ki when not mentioning that at all.

Funny how I deduced it from this bit that you didn't mention at all when you wrote it:

"Ki is as cool as they come and will find the passes necessary when he's further up, I have no doubt about that."

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:36 - Jul 31 with 1475 viewsJonTheJack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:07 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

Funny how I deduced it from this bit that you didn't mention at all when you wrote it:

"Ki is as cool as they come and will find the passes necessary when he's further up, I have no doubt about that."

Having no doubts about his general overall play is different from me having no doubt about him finding passes when further up the pitch.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 12:18 - Jul 31 with 1433 viewsItchySphincter

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 11:36 - Jul 31 by JonTheJack

Having no doubts about his general overall play is different from me having no doubt about him finding passes when further up the pitch.

Haha, you wrote these words:

"I'm one of the JDG doubters"

"I genuinely think Ki is slightly better in overall play"

"Ki is as cool as they come and will find the passes necessary when he's further up, I have no doubt about that".

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 12:39 - Jul 31 with 1401 viewskarnataka

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 18:37 - Jul 30 by MattG

Would I prefer JDG? Yes.

If a deal can't be done for JDG, would I take Ki as his replacement? Also yes.

This, in a nutshell and probably in far fewer words than I'd have used.
Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 17:01 - Jul 31 with 1316 viewsOldjack

Monk - Ki will get a new contract on 03:01 - Jul 31 by dameedna

Ki has not applied his utility it to great affect. I did not watch him much at Sunderland as I did not think he would be back. I am worried on this one and hope Monk is right. A DM would be a good signing or get Canas back.

well i did and he was very good indeed

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024