Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we finish 8th this season 20:39 - Jul 30 with 5891 viewsajmcglashan

http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2014/07/why-swansea-city-will-finish-eighth.html#
I think we finish 8th this season on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 1428 viewsskippyjack

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:10 - Jul 30 by Darran

12th will do me.

You would though wouldn't you (always safe).. if our defenders are solid enough this season.. we will finish 8th.. we leaked so many goals last season.. some shambolic defending.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 1421 viewsajmcglashan

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:10 - Jul 30 by Darran

12th will do me.

With the signings we've made I think 12th would be a bit of a disappointment as we wouldn't have progressed up the league. Obviously you would take it as staying in the PL is the most important thing. But I think 8th is definitely in the question and is an ambitious but reasonable target
I think we finish 8th this season on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 1421 viewsItchySphincter

12th would be ok, 11th would be progress. Liverpool and Everton to struggle a bit, Soton to drop like a stone, Van Gaal getting Manure ticking, Arsenal with a taste for it - we could easily finish lower next year with more points than we had this year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:25 - Jul 30 with 1414 viewsC_jack

We sacrificed progression when we gave the job to a rookie.

Anywhere above the red line will do.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:26 - Jul 30 with 1412 viewsDarran

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:21 - Jul 30 by ajmcglashan

With the signings we've made I think 12th would be a bit of a disappointment as we wouldn't have progressed up the league. Obviously you would take it as staying in the PL is the most important thing. But I think 8th is definitely in the question and is an ambitious but reasonable target

Anyone that thinks 12th in the toughest league in the world would be a bit of a disappointment should get their head checked out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:36 - Jul 30 with 1392 viewsJokeren1943

All the whinners - "as long as we will not be relagated it will be okay"..... Jesus

We have a proven and well drilled team which is atleast as good as last year - as far as I can see we are even better (a new proven backup striker - and a proven midfielder goalscorer and no european football).

Southampton is dead and West Brom has commited suicide. The only PL team outside the classic top teams which is better then Swansea is Everton. The rest we can beat.

Realistic 9-12 th place - a super season 7-8 th place.

Why not.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2014 22:40]
I think we finish 8th this season on 23:00 - Jul 30 with 1366 viewsGowerjack

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:26 - Jul 30 by Darran

Anyone that thinks 12th in the toughest league in the world would be a bit of a disappointment should get their head checked out.

Absolutely correct.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

I think we finish 8th this season on 23:29 - Jul 30 with 1344 viewsphact0rri

I would like to hope they are focusing on some better finishing when attacking goal, even more so than our defence. But as far as I've seen in the friendlies that hasn't been all that much of a priority. I hope I'm wrong.

But as it stands now. yeah mid table as per usual is what its looking like... but I always hope for single digit rank.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

I think we finish 8th this season on 00:00 - Jul 31 with 1321 viewssully49

What are the odds on that? It's worth a £1 in anyone's money.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

I think we finish 8th this season on 07:46 - Jul 31 with 1257 viewsjacksinceever

I think we finish 8th this season on 20:47 - Jul 30 by exiledclaseboy

It's no wonder that some people find themselves disappointed/angry/apoplectic/insane/psychopathic when we end up kicking round in mid/lower mid-table for much of every season.

Anywhere from 17th upwards will do for me, with an FA Cup Final win to top it off
I think we finish 8th this season on 08:21 - Jul 31 with 1241 viewsshandyjack

Anywhere between 10-17th would do me with a cup run thrown in

Poll: Expectation for the season

I think we finish 8th this season on 09:50 - Jul 31 with 1211 viewsJohnw102

I think we finish 8th this season on 23:29 - Jul 30 by phact0rri

I would like to hope they are focusing on some better finishing when attacking goal, even more so than our defence. But as far as I've seen in the friendlies that hasn't been all that much of a priority. I hope I'm wrong.

But as it stands now. yeah mid table as per usual is what its looking like... but I always hope for single digit rank.

Last season we scored 54 goals in the league up there with the top 8, it was the 54 against that prevented us getting a higher position in the league, Yet so far apart from the goalkeeper we do not seem to have improved the defence, in fact with Ben having gone and still no cover for Leon and AR it looks weaker to me.

Think we will be 11th - 14th this season unless the defence is sorted.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

I think we finish 8th this season on 10:38 - Jul 31 with 1187 viewsCatullus

I think we finish 8th this season on 09:50 - Jul 31 by Johnw102

Last season we scored 54 goals in the league up there with the top 8, it was the 54 against that prevented us getting a higher position in the league, Yet so far apart from the goalkeeper we do not seem to have improved the defence, in fact with Ben having gone and still no cover for Leon and AR it looks weaker to me.

Think we will be 11th - 14th this season unless the defence is sorted.

This is a sensible conclusion. It won't matter how many we score if we are full of holes in defence again.
I think we need a rb still and to replace Chico, unless Monk has sorted "el loco's" head out!
Hopefully Fabianski will be solid, specially under the high ball. And Montero's pace will cause trouble. If him and Dyer hit top form together there could be fireworks!
But every other club outside the top 7 will see us as beatable too. Newcastle, Southampton (despite losing so many players) Hull, Sunderland, Palace and Stoke will all feel they could finish higher than us.
11-14 is a decent season, 8-11 is an excellent one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I think we finish 8th this season on 10:59 - Jul 31 with 1169 viewsgiantstoneater

One game at a time sweet...............!
I think we finish 8th this season on 12:04 - Jul 31 with 1142 viewsraynor94

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:21 - Jul 30 by ajmcglashan

What a load of rubbish, you must be on a wind up! resources wise we are punching way way above our weight, how on earth do you expect a club of our size to progress season on season in the toughest league in the world

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I think we finish 8th this season on 12:09 - Jul 31 with 1091 viewsajmcglashan

I think we finish 8th this season on 12:04 - Jul 31 by raynor94

What a load of rubbish, you must be on a wind up! resources wise we are punching way way above our weight, how on earth do you expect a club of our size to progress season on season in the toughest league in the world

Look at the squads of Southampton, Newcastle, Stoke and Palace (all who finished above us) and tell me we can't compete with them. If you think we can, then an 8th place finish is do-able. Monk is ambitious and expects the highest standard so I'm guessing that's the ultimate target this year.
I think we finish 8th this season on 12:13 - Jul 31 with 1083 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think we finish 8th this season on 12:09 - Jul 31 by ajmcglashan

Look at the squads of Southampton, Newcastle, Stoke and Palace (all who finished above us) and tell me we can't compete with them. If you think we can, then an 8th place finish is do-able. Monk is ambitious and expects the highest standard so I'm guessing that's the ultimate target this year.

I'm with you McGlash . Rayns has valid points but I think we can afford to be more optimistic and whilst 12th, 11th and ninth placed finishes are what we've managed so far we do have a good chance to end up between 10th and 8th if we get a good DM. Southampton will not do as well as last season and Newcastle and stoke could be overhauled and Hull will have the EL to contend with. Let's be positive peeps

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I think we finish 8th this season on 12:47 - Jul 31 with 1047 viewsCatullus

The transfer window is still open. We don't know who else may leave. And will we manage to bring in tne players we need and want.
We have to get our new signings settled in too. Not such a problem for Siggy and Fab, but Gomis and Montero could take time.
Nothing wrong with being positive, but I'm positive we won't finish higher than tenth. And I hope I'm wrong!
People who expect too much, can only get let down. Whereas I am hoping for a very happy surprise.
Does anybody think we'll struggle, or even go down?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

I think we finish 8th this season on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 1038 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think we finish 8th this season on 12:47 - Jul 31 by Catullus

The transfer window is still open. We don't know who else may leave. And will we manage to bring in tne players we need and want.
We have to get our new signings settled in too. Not such a problem for Siggy and Fab, but Gomis and Montero could take time.
Nothing wrong with being positive, but I'm positive we won't finish higher than tenth. And I hope I'm wrong!
People who expect too much, can only get let down. Whereas I am hoping for a very happy surprise.
Does anybody think we'll struggle, or even go down?

If we do struggle there may some serious discomfort for the board . But realistically speaking I can't see it myself , providing we don't lose any more players and sign a good RB and DM. We'll certainly score goals and though sides like Leicester and Derby could surprise everyone (I think that may be unlikely) there will still be sides way ahead of ours in the relegation queue.

I think we finish 8th this season on 13:56 - Jul 31 with 1022 viewsraynor94

I think we finish 8th this season on 13:02 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

If we do struggle there may some serious discomfort for the board . But realistically speaking I can't see it myself , providing we don't lose any more players and sign a good RB and DM. We'll certainly score goals and though sides like Leicester and Derby could surprise everyone (I think that may be unlikely) there will still be sides way ahead of ours in the relegation queue.

It would a miracle not a surprise if derby finished above us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I think we finish 8th this season on 15:17 - Jul 31 with 975 viewsPozuelosSideys

Happy with a 10-12th finish. Think Stoke will be the form team this season.

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of goals in our games this year at both ends given the make-up of our squad so far.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

I think we finish 8th this season on 15:19 - Jul 31 with 972 viewsDarran

I think we finish 8th this season on 13:56 - Jul 31 by raynor94

Brynnies having a f^cking mare.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I think we finish 8th this season on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 954 viewsStarsky

I think we finish 8th this season on 15:19 - Jul 31 by Darran

Brynnies having a f^cking mare.

Brynnie wrote:
"Derby could surprise everyone ( I don't think that's likely)"
WTF?
He's devil advocating his own post.

It's just the internet, init.

I think we finish 8th this season on 16:55 - Jul 31 with 911 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think we finish 8th this season on 13:56 - Jul 31 by raynor94

Southampton and Palace have done well since their respective promotions. Palace finished above us last season and I bet nobody would have bet on that on this site.
With you it doesn't matter what anyone says, you have a go at the OP for being too optimistic then me for telling it like I see it. As a matter of interest are you going to stick your neck out and make a prediction or are you just going to hang around taking the p*ss out of other peoples posts?
This also applies to the Baglan superfan (or wherever he resides).

I think we finish 8th this season on 16:59 - Jul 31 with 907 viewsOldjack

I think we finish 8th this season on 22:25 - Jul 30 by C_jack

We sacrificed progression when we gave the job to a rookie.

Anywhere above the red line will do.

knobrot, I think you'll find we've had a fair few of them recently ,we have a stronger outfit than last season, Monks is carrying on with the good work ,progression is a real possibility

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024