Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Albert HALL 11:21 - Jul 31 with 9157 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea s that is.
Just seen facebook photo of the state its in now.

Quite how and why are things in Swansea allowed to get this bad.

Its truly upsetting to see.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Albert HALL on 11:43 - Jul 31 with 4571 viewsunion_jack

Stop with the criticism Perch.

How can you expect a superb council like ours to foot the Bill on such buildings when they are too busy sorting out highway management issues such as the plethora of much needed traffic lights, the digging up of the Mumbkes Riad for the umpteenth time and of course the jewel in the crown, the widened pavement err I mean Boulevard.

You clearly have no clue as to what a good council is about!!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Albert HALL on 11:48 - Jul 31 with 4556 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it still being used for a bingo hall? But for a big win on the euros I would have turned it into a very good music venue, something Swansea has been crying out for for years now. As the council virtually disqualified the patti by turning it in to an Indian restaurant perhaps this can be a focus for them when money becomes a bit easier to come by.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Albert HALL on 11:59 - Jul 31 with 4520 viewsDarran

Scouce is probably talking about the Palace Theatre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Albert HALL on 12:03 - Jul 31 with 4503 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 11:59 - Jul 31 by Darran

Scouce is probably talking about the Palace Theatre.

You must be right. Mind you for a listed building with so much history (Chaplin performed there) the council (or whosever's responsible) seem hell bent on allowing trees growing through the roof to destroy the place. I know we got bombed to f*ck in WW2 but successive councils have probably done more damage to Swansea's fantastic heritage than the Luftwaffe

The Albert HALL on 12:04 - Jul 31 with 4491 viewsDarran

The Albert HALL on 12:03 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

You must be right. Mind you for a listed building with so much history (Chaplin performed there) the council (or whosever's responsible) seem hell bent on allowing trees growing through the roof to destroy the place. I know we got bombed to f*ck in WW2 but successive councils have probably done more damage to Swansea's fantastic heritage than the Luftwaffe

Its privately owned but im sure the council gave them a handout to make it safe recently.

The Albert HALL on 12:06 - Jul 31 with 4480 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 12:04 - Jul 31 by Darran

Its privately owned but im sure the council gave them a handout to make it safe recently.

Well they need to give some more before a troop of baboons moves in

The Albert HALL on 12:06 - Jul 31 with 4479 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-Palace-Theatre-emergency-repair-

The Albert HALL on 12:09 - Jul 31 with 4463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 12:06 - Jul 31 by Darran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-Palace-Theatre-emergency-repair-

Well it's as start. That could have been a good venue for bands, near the station etc but you've got to run the gauntlet first ...........

Login to get fewer ads

The Albert HALL on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 4351 viewsBanosswan

Both buildings are crumbling. This site has some good info

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The Albert HALL on 13:14 - Jul 31 with 4345 viewsBanosswan

http://www.spanglefish.com/swanseasalberthallreborn/index.asp?pageid=349217

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

The Albert HALL on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 4325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 13:14 - Jul 31 by Banosswan

http://www.spanglefish.com/swanseasalberthallreborn/index.asp?pageid=349217

That's amazing! A beautiful building inside indeed. About time they turned it back into a concert hall with that capacity. A City with PL football but no concert hall is ridiculous.
Thanks for that Banos

The Albert HALL on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 4323 viewsClinton

I thought it was Swansea's own, very trendy, 'vertical garden'.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/marcelle/39-insanely-cool-vertical-gardens

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Albert HALL on 13:21 - Jul 31 with 4316 viewsSlugster664

Albert Hall has been bought by Swansea University I believe. They're planning to do it up and use it.

I heard the Palace owners were offered 75k by this 'council' to aid in regenerating it.

STID

The Albert HALL on 13:23 - Jul 31 with 4309 viewsBanosswan

The Albert HALL on 13:21 - Jul 31 by Slugster664

Albert Hall has been bought by Swansea University I believe. They're planning to do it up and use it.

I heard the Palace owners were offered 75k by this 'council' to aid in regenerating it.

Not even regenerate it, to make it safe and secure

The Albert HALL on 13:37 - Jul 31 with 4244 viewsperchrockjack

No he was talking about Albert hall.great iconic Swansea building .just how much more damage is to be done..sad beyond belief

The Albert HALL on 13:38 - Jul 31 with 4237 viewsDarran

The Albert HALL on 13:37 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

No he was talking about Albert hall.great iconic Swansea building .just how much more damage is to be done..sad beyond belief

It doesn't look too bad from the outside.

The Albert HALL on 13:41 - Jul 31 with 4226 viewsperchrockjack

Relative daz.franky it's a sorry tale. It kills me to see it

The Albert HALL on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 4188 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 13:41 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

If you think the AH is bad don't look at the Palace for gawds sake

The Albert HALL on 13:58 - Jul 31 with 4158 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 13:41 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

It is a shame. Still it's not being ignored:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Failed-City-Culture-2017-bid-stop-Swanse

Had we stuffed envelopes as well as Hull must have, it would be having a £7m refit. Unfortunately that money now has to come from somewhere else and with Swansea Council facing having to make savings of at least £50m over the next three years, don't expect it to come from them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 14:04 - Jul 31 with 4131 viewsperchrockjack

Saw the palace a few years ago and frankly my missus suggested we go home there and then.my Swansea was pretty much a terrific place to grow up. To see it go so bad is deeply upsetting.

People slag off Liverpool,where I used to work but it has been regenerated to an astounding level with another 2 billion plan from from Indian Chinese money. Old buildings have been restored not left to rot. Issue up here is the still remaining out lying shiholes..

Liverpool got rid of shiitcouncillors .its a good start but summation surely needs to be done

The Albert HALL on 14:10 - Jul 31 with 4116 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 14:04 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Saw the palace a few years ago and frankly my missus suggested we go home there and then.my Swansea was pretty much a terrific place to grow up. To see it go so bad is deeply upsetting.

People slag off Liverpool,where I used to work but it has been regenerated to an astounding level with another 2 billion plan from from Indian Chinese money. Old buildings have been restored not left to rot. Issue up here is the still remaining out lying shiholes..

Liverpool got rid of shiitcouncillors .its a good start but summation surely needs to be done

Being a city of almost 1.4m people also tends to attract a little more investment than a city of 300,000. Not to mention the more favourable location to attract investment.

Having better people in charge may well help, but they can't make money appear out of thin air.

Liverpool as city deserves a lot of credit, but to compare that situation to Swansea's is pointlessly superficial.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 14:16 - Jul 31 with 4093 viewsperchrockjack

Liverpool pop is around 500k. You ve quoted jersey sides which is very diverse.parts of Wirral and southport have highest living standards .

It's worth comparing as Liverpool was dead on the floor, a cesspit,ungovernable and rerun by crooks.

When the crooks were mobbed off investment came along and the momentum is still there. It makes the area attractive for business and leisure and it's marketable.

Swansea has been badly served for so long it's criminal and it makes my blood boil. People seem redesigned into not expecting much and it seems it gets only the crumbs from cardiffs table. I'm all cross now so I'm off to the beach for some air.g day la

The Albert HALL on 14:29 - Jul 31 with 4054 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 14:04 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

You certainly have a point regarding the Palace & the Albert Hall.
But there you go again with your sweeping statement about seeing Swansea go so bad...
There have been some improvements... Or are you just taking Mrs Perchrock to see just the shyty bits so you can prove your point.
A bit of balance is all I'm asking for. I love living here, wouldn't move up North for starters.

It's just the internet, init.

The Albert HALL on 14:34 - Jul 31 with 4035 viewsDarran

Where's this link to the Albert Hall then?

The Albert HALL on 14:35 - Jul 31 with 4031 viewsSilverSurfer

thought you meant the Albert hall in London , I would agree with that, went there last year and what a scruffy sh*t hole it is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024