Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Albert HALL 11:21 - Jul 31 with 9124 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea s that is.
Just seen facebook photo of the state its in now.

Quite how and why are things in Swansea allowed to get this bad.

Its truly upsetting to see.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Albert HALL on 14:56 - Jul 31 with 1163 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 14:16 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Liverpool pop is around 500k. You ve quoted jersey sides which is very diverse.parts of Wirral and southport have highest living standards .

It's worth comparing as Liverpool was dead on the floor, a cesspit,ungovernable and rerun by crooks.

When the crooks were mobbed off investment came along and the momentum is still there. It makes the area attractive for business and leisure and it's marketable.

Swansea has been badly served for so long it's criminal and it makes my blood boil. People seem redesigned into not expecting much and it seems it gets only the crumbs from cardiffs table. I'm all cross now so I'm off to the beach for some air.g day la

No offence Perch, but while I only have a basic understanding of the situation, you seem to have no understanding.

If you want to quibble about areas quoted, I was comparing Liverpool's metro area (Merseyside) to Swansea's Urban Area. Saying an area like Wirral is irrelevant to the discussion is like saying Clydach is also irrelevant, which is obviously wrong.

If you want to be pedantic, the Urban area of Swansea was listed at 179k at last count, compared to 466k for Liverpool, so still almost 1/3 the population.

Your continuing assumption that Liverpool has done so well because they 'got rid of the crooks' indicating all Swansea need to do is the same, shows how little understanding you have of the different economic factors involved.

Then again, this was probably just more about having another dig at Swansea than discussing the situation realistically. For someone who reacts so strongly when anyone dares says a critical word about Liverpool, you're very happy to put the boot in about a place you claim to love.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 15:00 - Jul 31 with 1159 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 14:56 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

No offence Perch, but while I only have a basic understanding of the situation, you seem to have no understanding.

If you want to quibble about areas quoted, I was comparing Liverpool's metro area (Merseyside) to Swansea's Urban Area. Saying an area like Wirral is irrelevant to the discussion is like saying Clydach is also irrelevant, which is obviously wrong.

If you want to be pedantic, the Urban area of Swansea was listed at 179k at last count, compared to 466k for Liverpool, so still almost 1/3 the population.

Your continuing assumption that Liverpool has done so well because they 'got rid of the crooks' indicating all Swansea need to do is the same, shows how little understanding you have of the different economic factors involved.

Then again, this was probably just more about having another dig at Swansea than discussing the situation realistically. For someone who reacts so strongly when anyone dares says a critical word about Liverpool, you're very happy to put the boot in about a place you claim to love.

he took his his Mrs to see the Palace and he said she wanted to go home there and then.
WTF....
How fecking selective is that?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 15:02]

It's just the internet, init.

The Albert HALL on 15:02 - Jul 31 with 1154 viewsRancid

Is there much point in refurbishing a once great venue when the rest of the area around it is a complete shithole? Of course it is but hey ho it's Swansea council we're talking about ultimately so we'll just have to discuss it on here instead.
The Albert HALL on 15:03 - Jul 31 with 1148 viewsStarsky

And it's on the football board!!!

The Albert HALL on 15:05 - Jul 31 with 1143 viewsRancid

Perchy's been banned from the other board.
The Albert HALL on 15:18 - Jul 31 with 1116 viewsunion_jack

The Albert HALL on 14:56 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

There is a socio economic imbalance in Swansea which when talking about a reasonably low population means the larger outlets e.g. John Lewis would struggle here. I don't understand how some stores like Slaters exist here. The town is littered with pound shops which is a shame but regenerating the town centre would be a commercial waste of money.

So what should happen? Well from a city centre point of view, the only thing is to ensure leisure services such as those in and around Wind Street are plentiful because they do pay.

More importantly then we should develop on our natural strengths which is tourism and build upon the natural beauty which is Swansea Bay. Gower looks after itself so little or no investment needed but Swansea Bay should have a lit path all the way to Mumbles Head, there should be food and drink outlets at regular intervals and importantly there should be adequate cheap or free parking to ensure that people visit and spend money. Oh, and a monorail but the reasons against are obvious.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Albert HALL on 15:28 - Jul 31 with 1107 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 15:18 - Jul 31 by union_jack

There is a socio economic imbalance in Swansea which when talking about a reasonably low population means the larger outlets e.g. John Lewis would struggle here. I don't understand how some stores like Slaters exist here. The town is littered with pound shops which is a shame but regenerating the town centre would be a commercial waste of money.

So what should happen? Well from a city centre point of view, the only thing is to ensure leisure services such as those in and around Wind Street are plentiful because they do pay.

More importantly then we should develop on our natural strengths which is tourism and build upon the natural beauty which is Swansea Bay. Gower looks after itself so little or no investment needed but Swansea Bay should have a lit path all the way to Mumbles Head, there should be food and drink outlets at regular intervals and importantly there should be adequate cheap or free parking to ensure that people visit and spend money. Oh, and a monorail but the reasons against are obvious.

And what prevails on the nicest stretch of Swansea bay?

County hall and the municipal golf course. It's not as if there aren't other golfing options in Swansea are there? How much revenue does that course generate? Fack all is the answer

The Albert HALL on 15:34 - Jul 31 with 1100 viewsunion_jack

The Albert HALL on 15:28 - Jul 31 by Starsky

County hall and the municipal golf course. It's not as if there aren't other golfing options in Swansea are there? How much revenue does that course generate? Fack all is the answer

The County Hall should be nowhere near that prime site.

However, the golf course has been there for so long I'd hate to see it go but I would also question the revenue gained.

Login to get fewer ads

The Albert HALL on 15:39 - Jul 31 with 1096 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 15:28 - Jul 31 by Starsky

Excellent points in the last three posts.

Union, I like your thinking. The powers that be have already admitted trying to compete with Cardiff on the retail front is pointless, so a different approach is needed to the city centre.

Starsky, the civic centre is probably the biggest abomination in Swansea. A hideous and expensive building placed on one of our best locations (despite the prison) for the ego of the council at the time. There would be outrage if something like that was suggested today.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 15:40]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 15:43 - Jul 31 with 1087 viewsunion_jack

The Albert HALL on 15:39 - Jul 31 by JackSomething

Excellent points in the last three posts.

Union, I like your thinking. The powers that be have already admitted trying to compete with Cardiff on the retail front is pointless, so a different approach is needed to the city centre.

Starsky, the civic centre is probably the biggest abomination in Swansea. A hideous and expensive building placed on one of our best locations (despite the prison) for the ego of the council at the time. There would be outrage if something like that was suggested today.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 15:40]

I was going to say the same thing - it wouldn't happen today or at least I hope not.

The Albert HALL on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 1079 viewslifelong

I like Swansea.
The Albert HALL on 16:41 - Jul 31 with 1052 viewsperchrockjack

JACKSOMETHING.
That reply is so full of holres I wont really embarrass you by pointing out the obvious but I WILL
Merseyside is not Liverpools nor anyone elses.

You ve become defensive and no doubt because you see the city you love so utterly destroyed by w@nkers in town hall.

THE POINT I was making is that there is hope for any city ;I mention Liverpool because I know it,worked in it and have friends in it. Ive fought in it, loved in it and hated it at times sometimes all at once.

Im sorry but you re not old enough to understand the decline in its full appalling detail and Gower is not a panacea for the city s shortcomings.
My wife works for Slaters and their Swansea store is doing well enough.

Anyway, Merseyside County is NOT the same as Liverpool. There is quite a lot of aggravation in Birkenhead (over the river) at all the money LIVERPOOL is getting .Guess why? its because of the regeneration of LIVERPOOL whilst many of Wirral councellors are NIMBY. Its why the wealthier parts of the peninsular want no "improvement" at all because they want to keep it exclusive and keep the riff raff out.

Anyway, we ve gotten too parochial and I apologise so hope still chums...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Albert HALL on 16:56 - Jul 31 with 1036 viewsDarran

Any chance of a link to this Albert Hall thing please?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Albert HALL on 17:11 - Jul 31 with 1016 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 13:14 - Jul 31 by Banosswan

http://www.spanglefish.com/swanseasalberthallreborn/index.asp?pageid=349217

What like this one Darran?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Albert HALL on 17:12 - Jul 31 with 1010 viewsDarran

The Albert HALL on 17:11 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

What like this one Darran?

Well no not really the one that Scouce is looking at if it derelict.

You're in a mess son you really are.

The Albert HALL on 17:17 - Jul 31 with 983 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 17:12 - Jul 31 by Darran

He can't be meaning the Albert Hall then as you said earlier as it's not that bad outside. This is from someone who likes his chips from the Windsor you know. He surely must mean the Palace?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 17:17]

The Albert HALL on 17:19 - Jul 31 with 968 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 17:12 - Jul 31 by Darran

And can you stop owning me for 5 feckin minutes ?

The Albert HALL on 17:19 - Jul 31 with 968 viewsDarran

The Albert HALL on 17:17 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He can't be meaning the Albert Hall then as you said earlier as it's not that bad outside. This is from someone who likes his chips from the Windsor you know. He surely must mean the Palace?

Have a word with en because he reckons it is.

The Albert HALL on 17:21 - Jul 31 with 962 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 17:19 - Jul 31 by Darran

Have a word with en because he reckons it is.

I haven't got the life force sorry Darran. I'm fading fast. U go on without me

The Albert HALL on 17:23 - Jul 31 with 958 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 17:17 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

No he doesn't mean the palace. We asked him that earlier. Pay attention ffs

The Albert HALL on 17:25 - Jul 31 with 949 viewsDarran

The Albert HALL on 17:23 - Jul 31 by Starsky

Brynies starting to worry me.

The Albert HALL on 17:26 - Jul 31 with 942 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 17:23 - Jul 31 by Starsky

Does he know what he means? He hasn't been in Swansea for 50 years mun. Perhaps he means the former odeon on the kingsway? That looks like sh*t

The Albert HALL on 17:26 - Jul 31 with 941 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 17:25 - Jul 31 by Darran

Brynies starting to worry me.

I think Jethro moved in with him and they share the computer

The Albert HALL on 17:28 - Jul 31 with 929 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 17:26 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Does he know what he means? He hasn't been in Swansea for 50 years mun. Perhaps he means the former odeon on the kingsway? That looks like sh*t

The castle cinema looks like shyte but he doesn't mean that one either.
You need a hug.

The Albert HALL on 17:29 - Jul 31 with 928 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Albert HALL on 17:26 - Jul 31 by Starsky

I think Jethro moved in with him and they share the computer

Now that's a low f*cking blow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024