Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Albert HALL 11:21 - Jul 31 with 9185 viewsperchrockjack

Swansea s that is.
Just seen facebook photo of the state its in now.

Quite how and why are things in Swansea allowed to get this bad.

Its truly upsetting to see.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Albert HALL on 17:30 - Jul 31 with 1202 viewsperchrockjack

Bryn. You ll never know how often I manage to get back home.

Its quite simple really but some are looking to have a dig by pointing out the obvious decline in a great town/city.

Palace, yep remember that, PLAZA,yep that too, CASTLE and CARLTON feck aye and the Welfare in FFORESTFACH and the MANOR IN Manselton.

I remember Neath too ,sadly.

The Albert HALL on 17:32 - Jul 31 with 1196 viewsStarsky

The Albert HALL on 17:30 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Its quite simple really but some are looking to have a dig by pointing out the obvious decline in a great town/city.

Palace, yep remember that, PLAZA,yep that too, CASTLE and CARLTON feck aye and the Welfare in FFORESTFACH and the MANOR IN Manselton.

What the fack is wrong with Neath mun?
I was born there!!!

It's just the internet, init.

The Albert HALL on 17:34 - Jul 31 with 1190 viewsperchrockjack

lol...........

Im outta here. I meant to say LLANELLY..

I m waiting for a workman so just filling in time like.

Had a girl from Ammanford once too

The Albert HALL on 17:51 - Jul 31 with 1178 viewsJackofdreambeach

Sadly it reflects the lack of regeneration in Swansea city centre. Its in urgent
Need of jobs, investment and more visitors

We are a city with a proud heritage set in a naturally beautiful
Part of UK. We should have a landmark city centre regeneration.

Many reasons involved ...political, could AMs shout louder for our city...yes.
I dont know the director of regeneration (and management) but do they have a passion for the city centre? 30 years of limited regeneration and no developer for st Davids centre suggests no.
The Albert HALL on 17:53 - Jul 31 with 1176 viewsperchrockjack

Well now why didn't I suggest what the last poster has just done.
Have a go at him as it seems a bit pessimistic to me.

The Albert HALL on 18:04 - Jul 31 with 1172 viewsJackSomething

The Albert HALL on 16:41 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

JACKSOMETHING.
That reply is so full of holres I wont really embarrass you by pointing out the obvious but I WILL
Merseyside is not Liverpools nor anyone elses.

You ve become defensive and no doubt because you see the city you love so utterly destroyed by w@nkers in town hall.

THE POINT I was making is that there is hope for any city ;I mention Liverpool because I know it,worked in it and have friends in it. Ive fought in it, loved in it and hated it at times sometimes all at once.

Im sorry but you re not old enough to understand the decline in its full appalling detail and Gower is not a panacea for the city s shortcomings.
My wife works for Slaters and their Swansea store is doing well enough.

Anyway, Merseyside County is NOT the same as Liverpool. There is quite a lot of aggravation in Birkenhead (over the river) at all the money LIVERPOOL is getting .Guess why? its because of the regeneration of LIVERPOOL whilst many of Wirral councellors are NIMBY. Its why the wealthier parts of the peninsular want no "improvement" at all because they want to keep it exclusive and keep the riff raff out.

Anyway, we ve gotten too parochial and I apologise so hope still chums...

On the subject of Liverpool and surrounding areas, I freely admit to not knowing that much about the subject. Perhaps you'd be willing to do the same about the regeneration of Swansea?

My age has nothing to do with it. I'm far closer to the subject than you and I freely admit I'm not an expert. You see things in very black and white terms, which surprises me in a former police officer.

I couldn't disagree more with your attitude about Swansea (I think your posts last time you visited were the last time I lost my temper on this forum), but of course we're still friends. No name-calling on this thread. Yet.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Albert HALL on 18:09 - Jul 31 with 1166 viewsmonmouth

The Albert HALL on 17:34 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

lol...........

Im outta here. I meant to say LLANELLY..

I m waiting for a workman so just filling in time like.

Had a girl from Ammanford once too

More likely she had you.

I met a really pretty girl in Llanelli once, and as we were sort of getting down to business I stupidly asked 'where do you work?' 'Up the slaughterhouse" she said. I don't know why to this day, but I just couldn't.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Albert HALL on 18:40 - Jul 31 with 1152 viewsperchrockjack

The LAW really is black and white. The only grey areas are those parts of Statutes that the legal profession mull over at great length and cost.

I return to Swansea as often as domestic circumstances allow and my family are still there. TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT S GONE ON.

I just hate to see it as it is. Your age is relevant as you d find many of my age range 60s had a wonderfully vibrant town to go to school in and work in .Hell, we even had open air swimming pool in Morriston.

Jeez even the slip bridge was around as was the Mumbles railway and the PATTI were places to go

Get my drift..
Finally ,hopefully, I worked in a city effectively left to rot but when the citizens see sense and get a council worthy of them things can change for the better. LIVERPOOL was 10 times worse than Swansea was so my point was/is that it can be done and I pray it will at some time even if Im not alive to se it.

Anyway, we re off badger baiting now

Login to get fewer ads

The Albert HALL on 18:43 - Jul 31 with 1146 viewsJackfath

The Albert HALL on 18:40 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

The LAW really is black and white. The only grey areas are those parts of Statutes that the legal profession mull over at great length and cost.

I return to Swansea as often as domestic circumstances allow and my family are still there. TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT S GONE ON.

I just hate to see it as it is. Your age is relevant as you d find many of my age range 60s had a wonderfully vibrant town to go to school in and work in .Hell, we even had open air swimming pool in Morriston.

Jeez even the slip bridge was around as was the Mumbles railway and the PATTI were places to go

Get my drift..
Finally ,hopefully, I worked in a city effectively left to rot but when the citizens see sense and get a council worthy of them things can change for the better. LIVERPOOL was 10 times worse than Swansea was so my point was/is that it can be done and I pray it will at some time even if Im not alive to se it.

Anyway, we re off badger baiting now

Swimming pool was in Morriston Park wasn't it Perchie?

Demolished now. Also saddens me to see the demise of the tennis courts and also huge threatening gray railings around the bowling green.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Albert HALL on 18:54 - Jul 31 with 1134 viewsjacktar

The Albert HALL on 18:43 - Jul 31 by Jackfath

Swimming pool was in Morriston Park wasn't it Perchie?

Demolished now. Also saddens me to see the demise of the tennis courts and also huge threatening gray railings around the bowling green.

I spent many weekends and school holidays in the baths at Morriston park during the summer. Do you remember the cricket pavilions and the old bandstand in the park. Had some good music there when the groups toured the parks in the summer during the mid 60's. Oh what memories.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

The Albert HALL on 18:55 - Jul 31 with 1128 viewsJackfath

The Albert HALL on 18:54 - Jul 31 by jacktar

I spent many weekends and school holidays in the baths at Morriston park during the summer. Do you remember the cricket pavilions and the old bandstand in the park. Had some good music there when the groups toured the parks in the summer during the mid 60's. Oh what memories.

Could and should be a splendid park. Lack of investment.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Albert HALL on 20:11 - Jul 31 with 1082 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed it was fath.we were taken there for school swimming from brynhyfryd.you get my point.?

The Albert HALL on 20:18 - Jul 31 with 1078 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Albert HALL on 17:30 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

The Welfare in Fforestfach is now a kick boxing club after having spent years as a snooker hall.

Poll: Tory leader

The Albert HALL on 20:20 - Jul 31 with 1072 viewsperchrockjack

Cost one and three to get in.me dad took me to see hell drivers there in 1960wevgot fleas.btw Darren is being beastly and I've been kind to him too.such is friendship

The Albert HALL on 20:22 - Jul 31 with 1071 viewsNogginthenog

The Albert HALL on 15:18 - Jul 31 by union_jack

There is a socio economic imbalance in Swansea which when talking about a reasonably low population means the larger outlets e.g. John Lewis would struggle here. I don't understand how some stores like Slaters exist here. The town is littered with pound shops which is a shame but regenerating the town centre would be a commercial waste of money.

So what should happen? Well from a city centre point of view, the only thing is to ensure leisure services such as those in and around Wind Street are plentiful because they do pay.

More importantly then we should develop on our natural strengths which is tourism and build upon the natural beauty which is Swansea Bay. Gower looks after itself so little or no investment needed but Swansea Bay should have a lit path all the way to Mumbles Head, there should be food and drink outlets at regular intervals and importantly there should be adequate cheap or free parking to ensure that people visit and spend money. Oh, and a monorail but the reasons against are obvious.

Absoferking lutely, top post
The Albert HALL on 20:24 - Jul 31 with 1067 viewspansypants

Perch, no disrespect here and you do raise points that I agree with, but you do realise there are cutbacks in local authority spending?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

The Albert HALL on 20:26 - Jul 31 with 1064 viewsperchrockjack

Understand and no offence taken but we re talking of 40 years of neglect. As I say money in wales seems only to be going se

The Albert HALL on 20:30 - Jul 31 with 1056 viewspansypants

The Albert HALL on 20:26 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Understand and no offence taken but we re talking of 40 years of neglect. As I say money in wales seems only to be going se

Hitler flattened Swansea but the corporation made it worse.- the words of my late grandpa

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

The Albert HALL on 20:31 - Jul 31 with 1052 viewsperchrockjack

He must have known my grandad who was a docker. Got injured, lung lost, pitiful retirement

The Albert HALL on 22:50 - Jul 31 with 1034 viewsjacktar

The Albert HALL on 20:20 - Jul 31 by perchrockjack

Cost one and three to get in.me dad took me to see hell drivers there in 1960wevgot fleas.btw Darren is being beastly and I've been kind to him too.such is friendship

Did you ever get to the Regal in Morriston Perchie? Now that was a flea pit but we never seemed to notice much as kids in the 60s. Knocked it down and built a f@cking supermarket ................... nothing new there I suppose. Just like the Carlton, the Empire and many more around the country I suppose.

The Albert HALL on 08:06 - Aug 1 with 1007 viewsperchrockjack

Not the regal.fofgot the Carlton in Oxford st .thanks for the memories

The Albert HALL on 08:42 - Aug 1 with 1002 viewsjacktar

The Albert HALL on 08:06 - Aug 1 by perchrockjack

Not the regal.fofgot the Carlton in Oxford st .thanks for the memories

The Carlton is now Waterstones Bookshop, what's left of it.

The Albert HALL on 12:30 - Aug 1 with 984 viewsHarry_Callahan

If Swansea received the somewhat £2 billion investment that Liverpool had for its European city of culture award then we all would be saying what a fabulous place Swansea is to live. Nothing to do with what councillors you have.
Same happened to Glasgow when it won in 1990, the investment transformed the city.
The Albert HALL on 13:14 - Aug 1 with 975 viewsDrWig

The Albert HALL on 12:30 - Aug 1 by Harry_Callahan

If Swansea received the somewhat £2 billion investment that Liverpool had for its European city of culture award then we all would be saying what a fabulous place Swansea is to live. Nothing to do with what councillors you have.
Same happened to Glasgow when it won in 1990, the investment transformed the city.

But it was-the change in leadership in Liverpool brought the partnership that delivered the City of Culture. Swansea has stagnated. Liverpool has become a dynamic city, sure there are plenty of deprived areas still, but the centre and waterfront is magnificent. The Universities are investigating in vast new infrastructure. It has great shopping, eating, theatres (including the rebuilt everyman) and has regenerated what were absolute dumps less than 20 years ago. It has had to fight Manchester and Leeds for investment too.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

The Albert HALL on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 954 viewsperchrockjack

As the dr says it was only given to Liverpool because it was deemed suitable to invest. I was involved in police meetings on it and much hard work went into it. Swansea seems divided and stuck in reverse gear.it seems to have no focus and apart from Dylan not really much culture in the purest sense.liverpool had it in bucketfuls and has more listed building in gb outside London so it had a great heritage to call upon.

This was only as a result of binning Derek hat ton etc. the city was a basket case and frankly Swansea seems to be decaying as we speak. It's gotta stop surely and maybe people should stop being defensive about what is the truth.
Hull will be next to benefit.
Once regen starts it accelerates and it's vey exciting. One thing for sure Cardiff has got its head well into the trough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024