Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) 19:28 - Jul 31 with 3039 viewsBorojack

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:39 - Aug 1 with 664 viewsmonmouth

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 09:33 - Aug 1 by JackSomething

Agreed.

Anyone who questions Gylfi's ability to create chances didn't see how much Danny Graham loved playing with him.

I'm not sold on Naughton, but if we rounded off our business with a season loan for him and another for JDG, plus signed a DM (Cork would be great, can't see it though), then I'd be happy.

A loan for a young third striker/attacking option (Nick Powell, Lucas Piazon?) would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially after Monk's comments that the club have to prioritise positions, that they can't strengthen everywhere.

That would do for me JS.

I think I'm in a significant minority (of one?) that thinks Rangel has another perfectly good season in him if he only plays league and FA cup. We need someone to start bedding into that position for future seasons though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 11:28 - Aug 1 with 627 viewsJokeren1943

Rangel has been outstanding but he is getting older. Another Right Back would be perfect.

To many goals was scored against Swansea last season. We really need a outstanding defensive midfielder. Quality cost money - do not mind using 7-10 million on a strong and fast DM. Quality on the DM position will also allow our backs to be even more aggressive in the offense - making space in the middle for Bony/Gomis/Gylfi/Shelvey/Ki (Routledge, Dyer etc).
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 11:29]
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 11:37 - Aug 1 with 613 viewsJackTheLad

JackSomething

No no, I was responding to tomdickharry, I am using a mobile and its a little difficult to press the reply button, especially with fat sausage fingers like mine

About the Shelvey thing though, I know many a Liverpool fan, as do many people who live in Swansea.. And 9/10 they would have loved to have kept him. Now, if you ask Tottenham fans, I challenge you to find a single one that sees something in this chap.

I would have liked us to be aiming at Trippier or Byram, obviously more chance with the latter now. Serge Aurier would be fantastic but im guessing he will leave for £10m+
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 11:37]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 11:45 - Aug 1 with 600 viewsJackSomething

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 11:37 - Aug 1 by JackTheLad

JackSomething

No no, I was responding to tomdickharry, I am using a mobile and its a little difficult to press the reply button, especially with fat sausage fingers like mine

About the Shelvey thing though, I know many a Liverpool fan, as do many people who live in Swansea.. And 9/10 they would have loved to have kept him. Now, if you ask Tottenham fans, I challenge you to find a single one that sees something in this chap.

I would have liked us to be aiming at Trippier or Byram, obviously more chance with the latter now. Serge Aurier would be fantastic but im guessing he will leave for £10m+
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 11:37]

Fairy muff matey.

You may well be right. Just because Shelvey worked, doesn't mean Naughton would.

I would like to see us get someone in to eventually replace Angel, but like Monmouth, I'm quietly confident we're going to see more from him this year.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:27 - Aug 1 with 573 viewsTom1912

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:16 - Aug 1 by JackSomething

I've just had a look. Graham scored 6 of his 12 league goals after Sigurdsson signed for us. I thought the beginning of the end for him was his behaviour off the pitch/drinking?

I will admit though that I was expressly thinking of Gylfi's lovely through ball on his debut against Arsenal for Graham to score the winner and his setting up Graham for the winner in the next game against WBA. I don't know how many more chances he created beyond that, but they show he can create chances for strikers.

Did Michu provide many chances for our strikers in his two seasons? If Gylfi can score around 10 goals himself and provide around 5 assists, I think we'll all be happy he's done his job.

I'd also suggest Bony will benefit far more from Sigurdsson's set pieces than Graham was able to.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 12:28]
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 14:11 - Aug 1 with 495 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I think we need another 2 or 3 players and I am very surprised we haven't brought DeGuzman back.

Losing Britton is a huge blow as we don't have anyone who can do that holding job
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024