Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Pass 21:52 - Jul 31 with 32827 viewsPhil_S

Did anyone use this last season?
Premier League Pass on 22:18 - Jul 31 with 13372 viewsUxbridge

I didn't but looking into it this season. If you've got Indian VPN then Star Sports is only a tenner and works pretty well.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Premier League Pass on 22:21 - Jul 31 with 13351 viewsPhil_S

Premier League Pass on 22:18 - Jul 31 by Uxbridge

I didn't but looking into it this season. If you've got Indian VPN then Star Sports is only a tenner and works pretty well.

Tenner for the season? I used Bein Sports (as is now) last season but that got a bit hit and miss and not covering every game,

PLP is £100 give or take this season
Premier League Pass on 23:25 - Jul 31 with 13208 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 22:21 - Jul 31 by Phil_S

Tenner for the season? I used Bein Sports (as is now) last season but that got a bit hit and miss and not covering every game,

PLP is £100 give or take this season

Is that sterling or NZD? Thought it was 50 quid? Ill take a look. Got geoblocked by Bein Sports in the end although was very good and will give it a go again if can get it to work properly, although don't think theyll show every game. If they do, I'll definitely get a monthly sub.

Premier League Pass on 01:54 - Aug 1 with 13098 viewsSwansNZ

I had PLP, and will do so again this season — but I live in NZ, so I would

Costs NZ$199 (approx. £100) for a season pass, or if you had it last year and renew before the end of August, is NZ$149.

PLP show every game live and on-demand. They keep about 7 games available to watch until the next round of games are played, while the other 3 games will be available for 24 hours. They also have other content — previews and reviews, probably PL world I think — I didn’t have that last year, but it’s all included this year.

I’ve just bought a Samsung smart TV, and PLP have an app for that, so I won’t have to hook up the laptop to the TV now

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Premier League Pass on 07:51 - Aug 1 with 12979 viewsAngelRangelQS

What's the premier league pass?
Premier League Pass on 07:56 - Aug 1 with 12969 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 07:51 - Aug 1 by AngelRangelQS

What's the premier league pass?

http://www.premierleaguepass.com

They won the rights to show the PL in NZ, from last season to 2016 I think - took it off Sky TV NZ. They deliver the content over the internet, not broadcast on TV. As I said above, they show every game live and on-demand.

Have to live in NZ, but assume there are ways around this.

Premier League Pass on 07:57 - Aug 1 with 12956 viewsJackfath

Premier League Pass on 07:56 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

http://www.premierleaguepass.com

They won the rights to show the PL in NZ, from last season to 2016 I think - took it off Sky TV NZ. They deliver the content over the internet, not broadcast on TV. As I said above, they show every game live and on-demand.

Have to live in NZ, but assume there are ways around this.

Over to TV expert Uxbridge to let us know how to get this working in the UK......

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Premier League Pass on 08:00 - Aug 1 with 12938 viewsWitneyjack

Premier League Pass on 07:57 - Aug 1 by Jackfath

Over to TV expert Uxbridge to let us know how to get this working in the UK......

VPN I would imagine.........
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Pass on 09:29 - Aug 1 with 12842 viewsmattjenkins1990

Premier League Pass on 08:00 - Aug 1 by Witneyjack

VPN I would imagine.........

nailed it

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Premier League Pass on 10:28 - Aug 1 with 12767 viewsLe_Swans

There are a few links on this blog for people wanting streaming services (paid for), scroll down to the bottom, he's got reviews of some also, most work with iPhones, iPads and with XBMC. Some of them are now closed to new members unfortunately.

The newest one is the sports1nation, so they are accepting new members.

http://thingsblograndom.blogspot.co.il/

I've been using Footyreport.net sister site of Sportingstreams, was £27 for the year, get all the Sky Sports and BT Sports plus all premier league games (with English commentary) both SD and HD, unfortunately its suddenly stopped a few days ago (hoping its just for an upgrade before the season starts) so found the above blog while looking for a new one.
Premier League Pass on 10:56 - Aug 1 with 12715 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 09:29 - Aug 1 by mattjenkins1990

nailed it

One option. Another, and better if works, is SmartDNS which keeps your broadband speeds but cons them into thinking you're based in NZ.

Word of warning though, they might be checking up on people. Loads of people lost Bein Sports for that reason. It's a big lump to gamble up front. Would be interested to hear if anyone used it last year. I know people in NZ I could get details off in a push though.

Premier League Pass on 11:05 - Aug 1 with 12694 viewsItchySphincter

I'm reassonably comfortable with VPNs and proxy server but SmartDNS is also of interest. I've read about it and understand the theory but I have no idea how to go about starting to ustilising it. Is there an idiots guide anywhere? TIA.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Premier League Pass on 11:18 - Aug 1 with 12676 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've just ditched sky sports .

Do what is this as I have never heard of it ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Premier League Pass on 12:48 - Aug 1 with 12586 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 01:54 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

I had PLP, and will do so again this season — but I live in NZ, so I would

Costs NZ$199 (approx. £100) for a season pass, or if you had it last year and renew before the end of August, is NZ$149.

PLP show every game live and on-demand. They keep about 7 games available to watch until the next round of games are played, while the other 3 games will be available for 24 hours. They also have other content — previews and reviews, probably PL world I think — I didn’t have that last year, but it’s all included this year.

I’ve just bought a Samsung smart TV, and PLP have an app for that, so I won’t have to hook up the laptop to the TV now

How do you get the Samsung app? Got one of their tellys too and if theres a native app that'd tip the scales for me.

Premier League Pass on 13:13 - Aug 1 with 12546 viewsItchySphincter

Would it not be different apps for different markets UX? If you require VPN or altered DNS settings I would have thought it unlikely that you could install the app from here?

Tell me more about how to change DNS settings if you don't mind?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Premier League Pass on 14:36 - Aug 1 with 12470 viewsJackoBoostardo

Premier League Pass on 12:48 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

How do you get the Samsung app? Got one of their tellys too and if theres a native app that'd tip the scales for me.

from samsung store app - however this would be region locked depending on the region you chose during set up.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Premier League Pass on 14:42 - Aug 1 with 12462 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 13:13 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

Would it not be different apps for different markets UX? If you require VPN or altered DNS settings I would have thought it unlikely that you could install the app from here?

Tell me more about how to change DNS settings if you don't mind?

Overplay SmartDNS. When you set up an internet connection on a device, instead of automatic dns setting, you manually enter the DNS that they give you. Easy as that. Can be used for many things such as US Netflix. There are other DNS providers that exist though so do some research for what you want to use it for.

Edit - Basically the DNS settings are like a phonebook. They can be used and from there the application can see which country you're based in. If you use custom DNS settings then you can convince them you are wherever you want them to think they are. So if you use something like unblockus or overplay their DNS settings are tweaked to convince PLP you're in NZ, Netflix your in US/Canada/Netherlands/UK (delete as appropriate), BeIN sports you're in the middle east etc. Doesn't always work for everything ... Overplay SmartDNS doesn't work with WWE network for example, but UnblockUS does I believe. I've got a 12 month SmartDNS and VPN account with Overplay so I'll stick with them for a while but there are other options available.

I'll also be using an Indian VPN and Star Sports subscription which costs around a tenner for the season. I need to find a decent India VPN though and given India legal restrictions that may be easier said than done. If connecting through a VPN you're in the hands of the provider regarding speeds and that will impact performance.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 14:47]

Premier League Pass on 14:42 - Aug 1 with 12455 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 14:36 - Aug 1 by JackoBoostardo

from samsung store app - however this would be region locked depending on the region you chose during set up.

Aye sounds about right. Could always set up as a NZ telly to get the app and then switch back. I'll have a play around when my shiny new tellybox arrives.

Premier League Pass on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 12419 viewsicecoldjack

I may have to look into this. I normally subscribe to TV2 where i am and up until last season they were showing all premier league games live on demand in HD , as the rules changed last year im now limited to only one 3pm saturday game .

It worked out ok with us playing in Europe because there was no restriction on Sunday games but this year im gonna be fooked !

As im not really computer savvy its bit of a minefield knowing the best options.

If Sky/premier league charged a pay per view fee so i could get all swans games online id gladly pay it, no doubt the same for other fans, surely its about time they did this ?
Premier League Pass on 15:12 - Aug 1 with 12383 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 14:56 - Aug 1 by icecoldjack

I may have to look into this. I normally subscribe to TV2 where i am and up until last season they were showing all premier league games live on demand in HD , as the rules changed last year im now limited to only one 3pm saturday game .

It worked out ok with us playing in Europe because there was no restriction on Sunday games but this year im gonna be fooked !

As im not really computer savvy its bit of a minefield knowing the best options.

If Sky/premier league charged a pay per view fee so i could get all swans games online id gladly pay it, no doubt the same for other fans, surely its about time they did this ?

I dread to think how much Sky would charge for that. The deals in other country are peanuts in comparison.

Premier League Pass on 16:50 - Aug 1 with 12284 viewsicecoldjack

I was paying 19 quid a month for ALL prem games live, and also avialable later on, there has been a big kick up about it over here because people feel a bit rippied off now that the rules have changed with many canceling subscriptions!

if they only knew how much people had to pay in the UK !

If it went to pay per view at least you are paying for something you actually want to see .
Premier League Pass on 18:59 - Aug 1 with 12197 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 14:42 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

Aye sounds about right. Could always set up as a NZ telly to get the app and then switch back. I'll have a play around when my shiny new tellybox arrives.

I know you can change your Smart Hub to another country, but have no idea how that works. But when using it, wouldn’t the IP still be a UK one? or can you somehow use VPN/SmartDNS to give a different IP for your TV

Currently, the PLP app is only available on 2013 models. I’ve been told the app is in QA at Samsung, ready for release before the season starts — hope so, as I’m waiting for that. 2012 models will then be done.

Premier League Pass on 19:08 - Aug 1 with 12182 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 18:59 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

I know you can change your Smart Hub to another country, but have no idea how that works. But when using it, wouldn’t the IP still be a UK one? or can you somehow use VPN/SmartDNS to give a different IP for your TV

Currently, the PLP app is only available on 2013 models. I’ve been told the app is in QA at Samsung, ready for release before the season starts — hope so, as I’m waiting for that. 2012 models will then be done.

The SmartDNS should fool it into thinking the ip is in NZ, assuming the dns provider is set up for it. Might set up for NZ, download, then switch back. Fingers crossed!

Premier League Pass on 19:16 - Aug 1 with 12163 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 19:08 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

The SmartDNS should fool it into thinking the ip is in NZ, assuming the dns provider is set up for it. Might set up for NZ, download, then switch back. Fingers crossed!

Be interesting to see if it works, I have seen some discussions, about changing your TV country to get US/UK content etc, but not looked into that yet. Does Samsung have an app for BBC/ITV content?

As I said, the app is only available 2013 (F) models now, with 2014 (H) models within the next week or so.

Premier League Pass on 19:39 - Aug 1 with 12145 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 19:16 - Aug 1 by SwansNZ

Be interesting to see if it works, I have seen some discussions, about changing your TV country to get US/UK content etc, but not looked into that yet. Does Samsung have an app for BBC/ITV content?

As I said, the app is only available 2013 (F) models now, with 2014 (H) models within the next week or so.

There's an iplayer app. Overplay dns definitely allows access to iplayer. Worth looking at.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024