Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Pass 21:52 - Jul 31 with 32828 viewsPhil_S

Did anyone use this last season?
Premier League Pass on 19:53 - Aug 1 with 6722 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 19:39 - Aug 1 by Uxbridge

There's an iplayer app. Overplay dns definitely allows access to iplayer. Worth looking at.

ta

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Premier League Pass on 19:05 - Aug 8 with 6617 viewsdj189201

I signed up to Al Jazeera (aka BEIN) last season. They quickly lost all games on a Saturday afternoon. Richard Keys was adamant that they were coming back but they never did.

Newcastle is my team and we are more popular TV wise than yourselves. A combination of being chosen for Sky/BT, playing Sundays against teams in Europe where the 3pm rule does not apply meant that I only had to resort to streaming a couple of times on a Saturday at 3pm. I got fed up with that and started a PLPass sub just before Christmas. Not long after that they upped their bit rate.

Their top rate is 4500kbits whereas BEIN is 3000 kbits. PLPass sticks to that 99% of the time whereas BEIN is up and down.

PLPass slaughters BEIN on picture quality. It is superb. You are also guaranteed every PL game with them.

BEIN on the other hand shows other leagues, the league cup and FA cup plus other sports like F1 and boxing. Boxing on Sky's box office and Box Nation's are part of the package. BEIN also do a proper presentation of games with Keys, Gray and ex pros.

PLPass is basically the international feed and nothing else. Sometimes you get to see a post match interview but most of the time it ends abruptly. You can always watch re-runs of games but if a match isn't being played live then there's nothing new to see.

If you follow Man U/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal and are happy with a reasonable picture then BEIN is my recommendation for football as their games are nearly always on at 3pm. If you want to watch other leagues and other sports then BEIN is my recommendation.

If you want to watch every Swansea game then it has to be PLPass.

I've just resigned. Bit miffed that it cost me NZD200 and not the NZD149 that I think I should have been charged as a previous customer. At £2.63 a game I'm not going to complain.

I use SmartDNS to overcome geographic restrictions so that's another USD60 per year, but the bonus of that is it allows me to access any Netflix variant and watch CBS, NBC etc versions of their iplayer. I'm spending around £200 per year on football/netflix and SmartDNS. I work away and can use it in my digs so for me it is ideal. I see every game I want, I watch shows I can't see on Netflix UK and I am up to date with almost every show from America that Sky charge for.
Premier League Pass on 00:32 - Aug 13 with 6540 viewsUxbridge

SEASONPASSREUP code gives 25% off, so works out around 80 quid for the year. Very tempted.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Premier League Pass on 00:50 - Aug 13 with 6531 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 00:32 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

SEASONPASSREUP code gives 25% off, so works out around 80 quid for the year. Very tempted.

I’ve renewed, with that code, but not sure if that is just for returning members from last season - not sure if it will only work with an email address (user ID), that existed last season., or maybe they just don‘t check that.

I have the PLP app now working on my 2014 model Samsung TV — If you are able to get that to work in the UK, one thing to be aware of, is that it only allows a max of 25 characters for your email address, which is your login ID, and mine was 26 chars, so I had to phone them, and change my user Id to another email address I have.

Premier League Pass on 07:51 - Aug 13 with 6501 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 00:50 - Aug 13 by SwansNZ

I’ve renewed, with that code, but not sure if that is just for returning members from last season - not sure if it will only work with an email address (user ID), that existed last season., or maybe they just don‘t check that.

I have the PLP app now working on my 2014 model Samsung TV — If you are able to get that to work in the UK, one thing to be aware of, is that it only allows a max of 25 characters for your email address, which is your login ID, and mine was 26 chars, so I had to phone them, and change my user Id to another email address I have.

I've got a 2014 model. Managed to con the tv into thinking I was in NZ but couldn't find app. Do you have any instructions?

Code worked when I tried with new address.

Premier League Pass on 08:02 - Aug 13 with 6493 viewsDr_Winston

I've invested in a VPN that I can set for most geographical locations. I'm guessing that there aren't many free sites that'll stream games in decent quality?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Premier League Pass on 08:05 - Aug 13 with 6485 viewsjack89

Can you use unblock us with this premier league pass? You can change to any region you want so if i change the region to new zealand will it work?
Premier League Pass on 08:14 - Aug 13 with 6474 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 08:02 - Aug 13 by Dr_Winston

I've invested in a VPN that I can set for most geographical locations. I'm guessing that there aren't many free sites that'll stream games in decent quality?

You only need SmartDNS for PLP. VPN might be an issue for bandwidth for NZ. Is for me. Look at Star Sports if have an India VPN. Was only a tenner last year.

For streams, the only semi reliable place is the feeds on XBMC.

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Pass on 08:14 - Aug 13 with 6474 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 07:51 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

I've got a 2014 model. Managed to con the tv into thinking I was in NZ but couldn't find app. Do you have any instructions?

Code worked when I tried with new address.

The app is in the smart hub > categories > sports
It only appeared a few days ago, in case you checked before that.

Premier League Pass on 08:32 - Aug 13 with 6462 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 08:14 - Aug 13 by SwansNZ

The app is in the smart hub > categories > sports
It only appeared a few days ago, in case you checked before that.

Ach, I couldn't see it yesterday. Let me have another look later. Cheers.

Not sure if of interest to you but you can change the settings to convince your TV to use the UK app store. See http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1138038-samsung-f-and-h-s Unfortunately you would lose PL plus but you gain netflix, iplayer, 4od, itv player, plex etc. Trying to see a way to keep both but not looking good ...

Premier League Pass on 08:48 - Aug 13 with 6446 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 08:32 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

Ach, I couldn't see it yesterday. Let me have another look later. Cheers.

Not sure if of interest to you but you can change the settings to convince your TV to use the UK app store. See http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1138038-samsung-f-and-h-s Unfortunately you would lose PL plus but you gain netflix, iplayer, 4od, itv player, plex etc. Trying to see a way to keep both but not looking good ...

Yeah, I read something before, which basically said you had to do a factory reset each time you wanted to change the country setting, which is not something I really want to do. Now, if you can keep apps from different countries, that would be great.

Premier League Pass on 09:14 - Aug 13 with 6431 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 08:48 - Aug 13 by SwansNZ

Yeah, I read something before, which basically said you had to do a factory reset each time you wanted to change the country setting, which is not something I really want to do. Now, if you can keep apps from different countries, that would be great.

It's not a factory reset. You keep the same firmware. It's just for the Smart Hub.

Aye, if could do multiple countries that would be awesome. Fingers crossed ....

Premier League Pass on 11:37 - Aug 13 with 6382 viewsjackforever

Premier League Pass on 09:14 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

It's not a factory reset. You keep the same firmware. It's just for the Smart Hub.

wouldn't it be easier to keep the tv to one country and use a chromcast to cast from another device from another country? Excuse my ignorance as I have no knowledge at all on these matters and after cancelling sky sports am looking for a solution myself.

Slightly off topic for 30 quid is there a better bit of kit out there than a chromcast? turns any tv into a smart tv but doesn't suffer the poor UIs many smart tvs suffer and is easily controlled from a portable device, I love it.
Premier League Pass on 20:41 - Aug 13 with 6330 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 11:37 - Aug 13 by jackforever

wouldn't it be easier to keep the tv to one country and use a chromcast to cast from another device from another country? Excuse my ignorance as I have no knowledge at all on these matters and after cancelling sky sports am looking for a solution myself.

Slightly off topic for 30 quid is there a better bit of kit out there than a chromcast? turns any tv into a smart tv but doesn't suffer the poor UIs many smart tvs suffer and is easily controlled from a portable device, I love it.

Could do cast screen. Quality isn't great though. I can get a £5 cable to connect the tablet to HDMI, so will probably do that.

Anyway I'm taking the plunge. I'll let you all know how it goes.

As for better than Chromecast, it depends. It's great for things like Iplayer, Netflix, Plex etc which are compatible. If you're after things like XBMC then look at an Android box.

Premier League Pass on 20:46 - Aug 13 with 6326 viewsNeathJack

For XBMC users this site is very useful.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/1207002/manchester-united-vs-swansea-city/

Saturdays game is being broadcast on all the Canadian channels which are available in HD on XBMC through Navi-X
Premier League Pass on 21:15 - Aug 13 with 6202 viewsjackforever

Premier League Pass on 20:41 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

Could do cast screen. Quality isn't great though. I can get a £5 cable to connect the tablet to HDMI, so will probably do that.

Anyway I'm taking the plunge. I'll let you all know how it goes.

As for better than Chromecast, it depends. It's great for things like Iplayer, Netflix, Plex etc which are compatible. If you're after things like XBMC then look at an Android box.

As I can now cast screen from my phone all things are compatible, will there be a significant drop in quality casting xbmc compared to a box? Sorry to ask stupid questions but new to all this techie stuff
Premier League Pass on 22:32 - Aug 13 with 6182 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 21:15 - Aug 13 by jackforever

As I can now cast screen from my phone all things are compatible, will there be a significant drop in quality casting xbmc compared to a box? Sorry to ask stupid questions but new to all this techie stuff

I can't get casting to work properly, so not sure. You can buy a device to connect directly too and that might work very well. I don't know to be honest.

Premier League Pass on 23:33 - Aug 14 with 6055 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 09:14 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

Did you manage to load the PLP app on your TV?

Premier League Pass on 23:35 - Aug 14 with 6052 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 23:33 - Aug 14 by SwansNZ

Did you manage to load the PLP app on your TV?

I couldn't find it when I looked. I'll have another look over the weekend.

Premier League Pass on 23:39 - Aug 14 with 6047 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 23:35 - Aug 14 by Uxbridge

I couldn't find it when I looked. I'll have another look over the weekend.

Good luck.

Hope it works fine for me, for the game tomorrow. I’ll have my laptop and HDMI cable ready, just in case - these worked good last season.

Premier League Pass on 23:40 - Aug 14 with 6042 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 23:39 - Aug 14 by SwansNZ

Good luck.

Hope it works fine for me, for the game tomorrow. I’ll have my laptop and HDMI cable ready, just in case - these worked good last season.

I'm waiting for the lead for my tablet but got my sub yesterday. Code accepted

Premier League Pass on 23:44 - Aug 14 with 6038 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 23:40 - Aug 14 by Uxbridge

I'm waiting for the lead for my tablet but got my sub yesterday. Code accepted

Cool.

Quite a bit of content up there, including a season preview — might watch that shortly.

Premier League World, episode 2, has a feature on the Swans in the USA

Premier League Pass on 23:56 - Aug 14 with 6033 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 23:44 - Aug 14 by SwansNZ

Cool.

Quite a bit of content up there, including a season preview — might watch that shortly.

Premier League World, episode 2, has a feature on the Swans in the USA

Ah brill, I missed that before. Cheers!

Been very impressed with the quality of the video feeds. Work well with SmartDNS.

Premier League Pass on 15:36 - Aug 16 with 5857 viewslibertyjack22

Bumped this just to say I took a gamble and bought it...with the code given in this thread cost me £76 for the season and £3 a month for the DNS....OMG what a quality picture watched the Swans now watching Leicester v Everton....4500kbps
You can watch 4 games at once as well but as my wife says I can't multitask I'll stick to the one game.
all worth the money as I can see all the Swans away games now without looking at some dodgy buffering internet stream.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE......COYS

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Premier League Pass on 15:47 - Aug 16 with 5851 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 15:36 - Aug 16 by libertyjack22

Bumped this just to say I took a gamble and bought it...with the code given in this thread cost me £76 for the season and £3 a month for the DNS....OMG what a quality picture watched the Swans now watching Leicester v Everton....4500kbps
You can watch 4 games at once as well but as my wife says I can't multitask I'll stick to the one game.
all worth the money as I can see all the Swans away games now without looking at some dodgy buffering internet stream.

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE......COYS

Same here. Very happy so far!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024