Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League Pass 21:52 - Jul 31 with 32997 viewsPhil_S

Did anyone use this last season?
Premier League Pass on 11:13 - Aug 20 with 5018 viewsComeonyouSwans

Guttin', hope the same don't happen to me as I bought the Taiwan based one. can't check my account until this evening using the SmartDNS. Have they picked it up based on billing address or something? If the same happens to me, I might try the NZ one if you can buy it for only a month.
Premier League Pass on 17:35 - Aug 20 with 4910 viewsjraven11

Premier League Pass on 21:57 - Aug 18 by Uxbridge

Well that's a kick in the nads. Still, my sub worked really well still.

By the looks of it, it's just backfired on me. My account has been flagged up as well and I'm not able to watch anything. Is your account still working fine? Knew it was too good to last.
Premier League Pass on 17:49 - Aug 20 with 4899 viewstarel

My account lasted 9 hours before it went ti*ts up :(
Premier League Pass on 19:13 - Aug 20 with 4864 viewslibertyjack22

Just checked mine...all working fine...did the NZ one and everything still hunky dory

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Premier League Pass on 19:36 - Aug 20 with 4846 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 19:13 - Aug 20 by libertyjack22

Just checked mine...all working fine...did the NZ one and everything still hunky dory

That's a relief. I might connect via NZ vpn later just to see.

I've got a feeling they're going after the Taiwan ones. Fingers crossed anyway (with apologies to those who did the Taiwan option)

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Premier League Pass on 19:42 - Aug 20 with 4860 viewsKennedy

Looks very simple to set up the Taiwan one $49 with Hola (chrome)

Might leave it a few days seen what happens.

Have a news-source account atm but its touch and go still going ahead.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 19:43]

Just call me JFK

Premier League Pass on 20:14 - Aug 20 with 4845 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 19:42 - Aug 20 by Kennedy

Looks very simple to set up the Taiwan one $49 with Hola (chrome)

Might leave it a few days seen what happens.

Have a news-source account atm but its touch and go still going ahead.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 19:43]

Remember you can use the code to get 25% off however it's all a bit iffy at the moment. Them's the risks.

Premier League Pass on 20:37 - Aug 20 with 4832 viewsComeonyouSwans

I think the problem might be that your IP address still shows as UK despite SmartDNS getting you through somehow.
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League Pass on 20:48 - Aug 20 with 4814 viewsSwansNZ

Premier League Pass on 20:37 - Aug 20 by ComeonyouSwans

I think the problem might be that your IP address still shows as UK despite SmartDNS getting you through somehow.

I’m talking about the NZ version here, but if you try and access from outside NZ, it comes up with a message like “premier league pass is not available in your area” — I know, because I’ve tried to access it while abroad last season. So, if it detects your IP as not being in the correct country, wouldn’t it display a similar message? Of course, I had been using it for a number of months in NZ by that time, while the users here, have only just signed up, so something in their account was not verified. Once verified, you should be ok.

Has anyone tried to sign up without getting their IP changed? — does it let you, and then lock you out, or does it say it’s not available?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Premier League Pass on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 4793 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 19:36 - Aug 20 by Uxbridge

That's a relief. I might connect via NZ vpn later just to see.

I've got a feeling they're going after the Taiwan ones. Fingers crossed anyway (with apologies to those who did the Taiwan option)

Still working using NZ vpn albeit unusable without dns. Phew for now ...

Premier League Pass on 22:13 - Aug 20 with 4761 viewsComeonyouSwans

Premier League Pass on 20:48 - Aug 20 by SwansNZ

I’m talking about the NZ version here, but if you try and access from outside NZ, it comes up with a message like “premier league pass is not available in your area” — I know, because I’ve tried to access it while abroad last season. So, if it detects your IP as not being in the correct country, wouldn’t it display a similar message? Of course, I had been using it for a number of months in NZ by that time, while the users here, have only just signed up, so something in their account was not verified. Once verified, you should be ok.

Has anyone tried to sign up without getting their IP changed? — does it let you, and then lock you out, or does it say it’s not available?

yeah I'm just trying to work out how they're detecting these subscriptions as being based in UK despite using things like SmartDNS, because despite me using that, my IP address stills shows as Swansea.

Hopefully mine doesn't get cancelled like some of the others on here.
Premier League Pass on 22:17 - Aug 20 with 4751 viewsgriffneath

Premier League Pass on 22:13 - Aug 20 by ComeonyouSwans

yeah I'm just trying to work out how they're detecting these subscriptions as being based in UK despite using things like SmartDNS, because despite me using that, my IP address stills shows as Swansea.

Hopefully mine doesn't get cancelled like some of the others on here.

just checked my taiwan subscription and all seems to still be working. fingers crossed it carries on
Premier League Pass on 22:20 - Aug 20 with 4748 viewstarel

I think it might be just pure bad luck my end and that i had a issue with the account and the operator done a little digging and seen "my name" and thought hmm hang on this isn't a Taiwan name etc etc and just started poking around :( got a season ticket for home games it's just away games i am going to have to stick to freebies etc
Premier League Pass on 08:52 - Aug 25 with 4500 viewsPhil_S

Woke up this morning to this in my inbox

Any ideas on a way to get around it?
Premier League Pass on 08:59 - Aug 25 with 4495 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 08:52 - Aug 25 by Phil_S

Woke up this morning to this in my inbox

Any ideas on a way to get around it?

Ah crap. Do you know anyone in NZ?

Premier League Pass on 09:02 - Aug 25 with 4491 viewsPhil_S

Premier League Pass on 08:59 - Aug 25 by Uxbridge

Ah crap. Do you know anyone in NZ?

Sadly not that I can think of that was the first thing that went through my mind
Premier League Pass on 09:06 - Aug 25 with 4484 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 09:02 - Aug 25 by Phil_S

Sadly not that I can think of that was the first thing that went through my mind

Think it'll take something like that. Might also try getting your credit card to refund it.

Haven't had the email yet but seems a matter of time. Damn shame, it worked a treat.

Premier League Pass on 22:28 - Aug 25 with 4361 viewslibertyjack22

Just had the same email as Phil...bollux

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

Premier League Pass on 09:55 - Aug 27 with 4231 viewsstevethejack

Unless you need to use it for the WBA game, I'd not risk accessing it until Chelsea game on 13th Sept. Maybe they won't be so vigilant once the season is a month old.
I have Taiwan for myself, and a NZ for a mate, NZ not been accessed since Burnley game, Taiwan not since registering couple of days after Man U game.

Maybe the way to go.

EDIT - What I did also, immediately after payment was accepted, changed the address on the account to one in the country that I was supposedly buying from (you can search for any type of business in that country). Also, make sure you use a non-geo linked email address. Don't use. ntlworld or sky or hotmail.co.uk you need
hotmail.com or gmail.com
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 10:08]
Premier League Pass on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 4221 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 09:55 - Aug 27 by stevethejack

Unless you need to use it for the WBA game, I'd not risk accessing it until Chelsea game on 13th Sept. Maybe they won't be so vigilant once the season is a month old.
I have Taiwan for myself, and a NZ for a mate, NZ not been accessed since Burnley game, Taiwan not since registering couple of days after Man U game.

Maybe the way to go.

EDIT - What I did also, immediately after payment was accepted, changed the address on the account to one in the country that I was supposedly buying from (you can search for any type of business in that country). Also, make sure you use a non-geo linked email address. Don't use. ntlworld or sky or hotmail.co.uk you need
hotmail.com or gmail.com
[Post edited 27 Aug 2014 10:08]

I used it Sunday and I haven't had a letter yet so fingers crossed. There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule. I think they're manually checking accounts and seeing if they look like from non NZ residents, as seems some people on VPN are being caught out.

Premier League Pass on 23:34 - May 14 with 3007 viewsSwansNZ

Anyone continue to use PLP throughout the season, while in the UK? If so, what do you use to fool the IP address check?

My son has a job back in the UK, starting in August, and would like to keep on using this.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Premier League Pass on 00:00 - May 15 with 2990 viewsgriffneath

I used overplay VPN to access and its worked great. Started off with SmartDNS which is cheaper and gives better speeds but since I switched over to fibre broadband it has not worked. Turns out that my ISP has been DNS hijacking so the smartDNS then does nothing, switched to VPN and no issues at all.
Premier League Pass on 16:01 - May 15 with 2895 viewsUxbridge

Premier League Pass on 23:34 - May 14 by SwansNZ

Anyone continue to use PLP throughout the season, while in the UK? If so, what do you use to fool the IP address check?

My son has a job back in the UK, starting in August, and would like to keep on using this.

It still works fine for me using Overplay DNS. Must admit I haven't used it an awful lot due to attending games or watching it down the workies, but it's good quality stuff.

Premier League Pass on 16:36 - May 15 with 2871 viewsstevethejack

Worked for me fine, and for a boozer I set it up for. Looking forward to using it next year, now I have fibre broadband.
Premier League Pass on 17:06 - May 15 with 2862 viewsswans11

How much you paying for season. Is it not cheaper get nbc login
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024