Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New turnstiles 22:18 - Jul 31 with 6461 viewsJackbustard

Have i missed something over the summer. Seen a few of the new season tickets and they seem to have bar codes on them. Are we now looking at scanners and automatic gates next season?
New turnstiles on 22:23 - Jul 31 with 5373 viewsjackharris

Tickets will definitely be scanned as confirmed by Leigh Dineen. Whether the turnstile operator will do that with a hand held scanner or there will be a fixed unmanned scanner system (ala Reading, etc) I'm not 100% sure.

Ticketmaster are allowing the match day tickets to be printed at home, which is great! I printed one for my Dad and they are like the concert tickets, with a bar code that definitely needs to be scanned! So I assume the operator will scan our season cards and the A4 home printed tickets.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 1:00]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

New turnstiles on 22:35 - Jul 31 with 5300 viewsNeathJack

I haven't had my ST through the post yet but I did get a JackArmy membership card through which has a bar code.
New turnstiles on 22:36 - Jul 31 with 5294 viewsjackharris

I'm assuming perhaps our season cards will be able to have any home cup tickets purchased later in the season electronically put on them too?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

New turnstiles on 23:55 - Jul 31 with 5078 viewsBLAZE

New turnstiles on 22:35 - Jul 31 by NeathJack

I haven't had my ST through the post yet but I did get a JackArmy membership card through which has a bar code.

I wonder why theyre sending Jack Army cards to season ticket holders!?

Assuming tickets bought for games not covered by the ST (cup games etc.) are automatically added to the card to do away with the need for paper tickets, I can understand why non-ST holding Jack Army members may be sent a card, but not sure the need for ST holders to have one too, when they already have a card!?

You definitely purchased a ST holders JA membership did you mate?
New turnstiles on 08:05 - Aug 1 with 4813 viewsNeathJack

New turnstiles on 23:55 - Jul 31 by BLAZE

I wonder why theyre sending Jack Army cards to season ticket holders!?

Assuming tickets bought for games not covered by the ST (cup games etc.) are automatically added to the card to do away with the need for paper tickets, I can understand why non-ST holding Jack Army members may be sent a card, but not sure the need for ST holders to have one too, when they already have a card!?

You definitely purchased a ST holders JA membership did you mate?

Yep. It even says so on it!
New turnstiles on 08:06 - Aug 1 with 4804 viewsJackfath

What happens if one doesn't have a printer to print the ticket off?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New turnstiles on 08:24 - Aug 1 with 4763 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New turnstiles on 08:06 - Aug 1 by Jackfath

You'll have to an artists impression of what you see on your screen.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New turnstiles on 08:26 - Aug 1 with 4751 viewsWitneyjack

You can take a photo on your mobile and they will scan that.
Login to get fewer ads

New turnstiles on 08:30 - Aug 1 with 4738 viewsMattG

New turnstiles on 08:26 - Aug 1 by Witneyjack

I haven't received either my ST or any JA Membership card.

Anyone got the number for the Samaritans?
New turnstiles on 08:47 - Aug 1 with 4701 viewsjacksinceever

One can buy one for as little as £29.00 - if one cannot afford that should one really be buying match tickets if one is that poor?
New turnstiles on 10:56 - Aug 1 with 4564 viewsJBT95

New turnstiles on 08:26 - Aug 1 by Witneyjack

Email?
New turnstiles on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 4545 viewsjacksinceever

New turnstiles on 08:47 - Aug 1 by jacksinceever

One can buy one for as little as £29.00 - if one cannot afford that should one really be buying match tickets if one is that poor?

Also how did one manage to buy a computer in the first place?
New turnstiles on 11:09 - Aug 1 with 4537 viewsJackfath

New turnstiles on 11:07 - Aug 1 by jacksinceever

Also how did one manage to buy a computer in the first place?

Buying printers are cheap. However in my experience the cost of inks aren't.

Another WUM trying to derail a perfectly good question.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

New turnstiles on 11:48 - Aug 1 with 4473 viewsreddythered

I'd be amazed if it wasn't automatic scanning tbh. What would the benefit be if people had to sit inside turnstile areas and manually scan peoples tickets in?

The way it works for us is it's automatic - put ticket into scanner, all ok. green light and the turnstile releases. Any problems, stewards have devices linked into the relevant databases to detect what the problem was.

Only manpower required are the stewards outside, which would be needed anyway, and some stewards inside the concourses by the turnstiles. The latter are needed because different light colours are used for concession tickets than normal - so if you get an adult getting in with a children's ticket, say, easily detected.

Much quicker, also eliminates the issue of turnstile operators being dodgy... granted far more of a problem years ago, but...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

New turnstiles on 11:53 - Aug 1 with 4463 viewsbluenile

New turnstiles on 11:09 - Aug 1 by Jackfath

JF The price of inks is wholly dependent on the printer you choose to buy, if you buy a cheap Lexmark prepare to get stung on cartridges, they make a loss on the printer to catch you later. My Epson R320 (no longer made I think) costs me much less than £1 a cartridge (there are 6 in it)....................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

New turnstiles on 12:22 - Aug 1 with 4395 viewsjackharris

Instead of the £2.50 print yourself option you click on the £3 option and you will be posted the ticket.

More expensive this year, however, this is a one off online charge. Instead of the £1.50 you had to pay on each ticket last season.

For example, if you bought 4 tickets for a match last season online you would have paid an extra £6, this year it is the one off, £2.50 or £3.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 12:24]

New turnstiles on 16:29 - Aug 1 with 4204 viewsjacksinceever

New turnstiles on 11:09 - Aug 1 by Jackfath

Not trying to be a smart ass. How many own a computer but don't have access to a printer?
Very few I would think/as we all need printers for holiday tickets, confirmations, guarantees, car insurance documents, etc,etc,etc.
BTW I don't know what WUM means, but as you often give smart ass answers to perfectly civil questions I guess you may be one?
Edit - I'm not a Wind Up Merchant, but for you I'll make an exception
[Post edited 1 Aug 2014 16:48]
New turnstiles on 17:58 - Aug 1 with 4124 viewsswans11

New turnstiles on 12:22 - Aug 1 by jackharris

Instead of the £2.50 print yourself option you click on the £3 option and you will be posted the ticket.

More expensive this year, however, this is a one off online charge. Instead of the £1.50 you had to pay on each ticket last season.

For example, if you bought 4 tickets for a match last season online you would have paid an extra £6, this year it is the one off, £2.50 or £3.

No good to me as I now have pay 3 pound per ticket I only order 1. Maybe we should all join together order tickets so 3 pound for everyone tickets would all go to the person who orders though I think
New turnstiles on 21:12 - Aug 1 with 3982 viewsheadcleaner

I'm waiting for the online meltdown when season tickets are declined and cause chaos outside the gates. Big brother and all that people will be declined entry for various reasons and the first whiff will be when their card gets the red light. I can see it now every other week this site will break.
New turnstiles on 08:32 - Aug 2 with 3840 viewsBLAZE

New turnstiles on 08:05 - Aug 1 by NeathJack

Yep. It even says so on it!

My season ticket just arrived, and the little book inside it explains that you can purchase tickets for non-ST games through your Jack Army membership, and that it's automatically added to your Jack Army card, doing away with paper tickets..... Still think it would've been better if they were able to combine the ST card and the new Jack Army card instead of having two separate, but I guess they have their reasons.... And there's a nice wallet in the ST pack with room for two cards, so no big deal

Also, they're using handheld scanners, so it's not fully automated

Nice packaging though
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 8:36]
New turnstiles on 09:25 - Aug 2 with 3790 viewsjackforever

New turnstiles on 12:22 - Aug 1 by jackharris

So you have to 'pay' £2.50 to print your OWN ticket? Feck me im in the wrong game.
New turnstiles on 09:37 - Aug 2 with 3762 viewsSlugster664

New turnstiles on 08:32 - Aug 2 by BLAZE

My season ticket just arrived, and the little book inside it explains that you can purchase tickets for non-ST games through your Jack Army membership, and that it's automatically added to your Jack Army card, doing away with paper tickets..... Still think it would've been better if they were able to combine the ST card and the new Jack Army card instead of having two separate, but I guess they have their reasons.... And there's a nice wallet in the ST pack with room for two cards, so no big deal

Also, they're using handheld scanners, so it's not fully automated

Nice packaging though
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 8:36]

I'm a ST holder and a JA member, I've just received my ST (yes, nice little package)will I also receive a JA membership card or will a non-ST game automatically go onto my ST card?

STID

New turnstiles on 10:03 - Aug 2 with 3723 viewsJackfath

I am amazed the club are even suggesting printing off tickets. I would have thought they would be able to get some small token "green" badge for moving to a complete paperless ticketing system. Send it by email then get the customer to print to bring a piece of paper to the game. Mental. Just flash your phone at the turnstile init.

New turnstiles on 13:07 - Aug 2 with 3641 viewsBLAZE

New turnstiles on 09:37 - Aug 2 by Slugster664

I'm a ST holder and a JA member, I've just received my ST (yes, nice little package)will I also receive a JA membership card or will a non-ST game automatically go onto my ST card?

From my understanding, you'll have a second card sent to you (the Jack Army membership card). Any tickets purchased that arent covered by your ST (cup games etc.) will be loaded onto your Jack Army card

Like I said above, it seems a waste having two cards for ST holders but they obviously have their reasons
New turnstiles on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 3604 viewsjackharris

New turnstiles on 09:25 - Aug 2 by jackforever

So you have to 'pay' £2.50 to print your OWN ticket? Feck me im in the wrong game.

It's the price to pay by us now using Ticketmaster, I suppose. Although the club could have subsidised the print at home tickets.

Anyway I had my season today, lovely presentation box and more thought put in by the club this year. Bendigedig, Swansea City!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024