Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... 12:20 - Aug 12 with 15636 viewsCatullus

Is the current inactivity over these madmen because western governments are incompetent, too busy elsewhere, negligent or possibly because they are waiting until all or most of the jihadist lunatics are in one place so they can wipe them out with overwhelming force?
Think about it, they are attractting extremists from all over the world while we do apparently nothing. It makes no sense.
If it's not for that last reason, then the world is properly fecked!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:36 - Aug 13 with 1312 viewskeeponrockin

I'm a big believer in foreign defence being based on 'defence' i.e. a genuine 'threat' and when there is the potential for genocide.

In 2003 there was nothing of the sort, Saddam was pretty much impotent and in many ways was on our side against Al Qaida.

My point is military intervention should be an absolute resort, I'm not a pacifist I do believe War can be justified in some circumstances.

The neo-con philosophy was to "impose" Western style democracy on the Middle East. Any student of history would know this almost impossible.
ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:37 - Aug 13 with 1311 viewsexiledclaseboy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:32 - Aug 13 by perchrockjack

Perch is right. I can now did happy. In all seriousness there's been some fair comments on here, wrong IMO but fair, and in have no favourite posters as you're all a showe ofshit

I agree with you on some things (not about Israel's actions in Gaza though, for the avoidance of any doubt). It's just more fun sometimes to argue with you.

Poll: Tory leader

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:43 - Aug 13 with 1303 viewsexiledclaseboy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:36 - Aug 13 by keeponrockin

I'm a big believer in foreign defence being based on 'defence' i.e. a genuine 'threat' and when there is the potential for genocide.

In 2003 there was nothing of the sort, Saddam was pretty much impotent and in many ways was on our side against Al Qaida.

My point is military intervention should be an absolute resort, I'm not a pacifist I do believe War can be justified in some circumstances.

The neo-con philosophy was to "impose" Western style democracy on the Middle East. Any student of history would know this almost impossible.

Yet very few said so at the time. And those who did were denounced as lily-livered pacifist lefties or traitors.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:46 - Aug 13 with 1300 viewsreddythered

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:36 - Aug 13 by keeponrockin

Well, Saddam was impotent on a world basis; the Kurds would argue otherwise domestically. The same people wanting action at that time then complained when action was belatedly taken.

I'd agree about Western style democracy not fiting the mindset of the region; Israel one of the few deomcracies. The problem is, if you accept the model of western democracy doesn't fit the region, well, western democracy leads to judgements and viewing of situations based upon western sensitivities which also doesn't fit.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:51 - Aug 13 with 1292 viewsperchrockjack

Andrew.
How many years have we been at this.

We re still fans, still arguing and please god we can carry it on for some time to come.
You wind me up sometimes but reflecting on what's gone on this week with Chrissy no question you have a good heart.

Things are tricky domestically. Now and I'm not sure if we can come down this year but feck it mines a Stella -no crisps or pork scratchings . We re learning everyday and getting older makes you more reflective.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 21:09 - Aug 13 with 1284 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:32 - Aug 13 by perchrockjack

Perch is right. I can now did happy. In all seriousness there's been some fair comments on here, wrong IMO but fair, and in have no favourite posters as you're all a showe ofshit

Is that Hebrew

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1281 viewsperchrockjack

Don't speak Yiddish but I think my tablet is.

You re a one you

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:02 - Aug 14 with 1249 viewsLohengrin

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:43 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

Yet very few said so at the time. And those who did were denounced as lily-livered pacifist lefties or traitors.

That's simply not true. Opposition didn't just come from the pacifists or the treacherous left (aptly put by the way, Clase.) It also came from those who don't want to see Britain involved in Levantine squabbles we have long since abdicated responsibility for.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:03 - Aug 14 with 1248 viewsLohengrin

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 19:59 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

People do realise that Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a proven hoax, don't they?

Out of interest, Clase, have you read it?

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:17 - Aug 14 with 1241 viewsphact0rri

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 11:48 - Aug 13 by controversial_jack

The reason America has intervened is because the Area is seen as the hub of the Kurdish oil producing area. If the ISIS gain control oil prices will rise and Europe still get's a lot of it's oil from Iraq.There are huge reserves there too.

Why do people still think military interventions are done for humanitarian or altruistic reasons?

It doesn't go without notice that this has been going on for months (longer but the abandon of ISIS hit its stride MONTHS ago) and US (and the EU countries) start to care after the sanctions against Russia was put into place. As russia is the other big oil exporter.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 08:35 - Aug 14 with 1218 viewsCottsy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:03 - Aug 14 by Lohengrin

Out of interest, Clase, have you read it?

The protocols or the French novel they plagiarised?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 10:22 - Aug 14 with 1197 viewsCatullus

Ecb, in fairness you are the only one I remember being against the Iraq invasion. At the time I thought removing Saddam was the right thing.
With hindsight, obviously we went off half cocked. The troubling thing is the people ultimately making these decisions are supposed to be fully informed experts!
If I'd had all the information they had, I may have reached a different conclusion, may have!
Reddy, I think you are unarguably right. Western ideals do not fit but now we've done the damage, do we let the situation persist or do we take IS out?
My instinct is too take them out, but will that be making room for an even more extreme sect? How can we ever know?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 13:42 - Aug 14 with 1180 viewsLohengrin

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 08:35 - Aug 14 by Cottsy

The protocols or the French novel they plagiarised?

Both if you like, Cotts. You've read them I take it? The Protocols have been mentioned a few times on a couple of threads I was just wondering if anybody had actually read the book? I doubt anybody here, yourself aside, has even heard of Joly's Dialogues in Hell.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 15:07 - Aug 14 with 1160 viewsCottsy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 13:42 - Aug 14 by Lohengrin

Both if you like, Cotts. You've read them I take it? The Protocols have been mentioned a few times on a couple of threads I was just wondering if anybody had actually read the book? I doubt anybody here, yourself aside, has even heard of Joly's Dialogues in Hell.

No I haven't read either of them but chapter 1 in David Aaronovitch's Voodoo Histories is all about the Protocols

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 15:25 - Aug 14 with 1158 viewsLohengrin

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 15:07 - Aug 14 by Cottsy

No I haven't read either of them but chapter 1 in David Aaronovitch's Voodoo Histories is all about the Protocols

I'm saying nothing.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 20:31 - Aug 14 with 1118 viewsexiledclaseboy

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:02 - Aug 14 by Lohengrin

That's simply not true. Opposition didn't just come from the pacifists or the treacherous left (aptly put by the way, Clase.) It also came from those who don't want to see Britain involved in Levantine squabbles we have long since abdicated responsibility for.

You miss my point. Opposition to the Iraq sojourn came from all political hues but there's no doubt that the majority of protesters were dismissed using the perjorative "bloody lefties" insult.

And there weren't that many of us either, especially on here. Everyone was very gung ho with other people's lives. They always are.

This post has been edited by an administrator

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 22:56 - Aug 14 with 1103 viewsLord_Bony

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 13:42 - Aug 14 by Lohengrin

The Protocols of Zion are scary as feck especially since most of it has been fulfilled!

Jewish hegemony of the world economy,press,media and the industrial,military complex is everywhere and subtle manipulation of the Gentiles and sheeple over the years are helping to achieve the final objective.

Basically,no one cares what's going on.....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:02 - Aug 14 with 1097 viewsreddythered

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 22:56 - Aug 14 by Lord_Bony

The Protocols of Zion are scary as feck especially since most of it has been fulfilled!

Jewish hegemony of the world economy,press,media and the industrial,military complex is everywhere and subtle manipulation of the Gentiles and sheeple over the years are helping to achieve the final objective.

Basically,no one cares what's going on.....

People who clearly believe the Protocols care, right?

"Final objective"? Such interesting yet unsurprising wording there.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:18 - Aug 14 with 1092 viewsLord_Bony

Henry Ford was extremely interested in the Protocols, and, when asked if they were fake, Mr. Ford said that whether they were fake or not, the important thing is that the Jews, especially the elitists of capitalism, communism, media, banking, and industry, fit the description of the Protocol conspiracy to the most finite details. Ford quipped, he’d rather have the Protocols be real than have them be fake but have the Jews follow them religiously to the world’s detriment.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:26 - Aug 14 with 1083 viewsLord_Bony

Basically the Jews see themselves as “God’s Chosen People”, and the other peoples are nothing but nations divided into groups and classes, that should be exploited to serve the Chosen People.

That s why they don t really care what the world thinks of them in Palestine ATM.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:29 - Aug 14 with 1078 viewsreddythered

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:18 - Aug 14 by Lord_Bony

Henry Ford was extremely interested in the Protocols, and, when asked if they were fake, Mr. Ford said that whether they were fake or not, the important thing is that the Jews, especially the elitists of capitalism, communism, media, banking, and industry, fit the description of the Protocol conspiracy to the most finite details. Ford quipped, he’d rather have the Protocols be real than have them be fake but have the Jews follow them religiously to the world’s detriment.

Might want to research Henry Ford.

In particular the "International Jew" publications, you know, the articles in Ford's personal newspaper. The same publications a Nazi brought up in the Nuremburg trials.

The fact you want to provide "evidence" via the medium of quotes by anti-semites is interesting. What next, quotes from Stormfront? Mein Kampf?

Quite fitting really. I presume you're also aware Hitler praised Ford in flattering terms in Mein Kampf, eh?

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:31 - Aug 14 with 1071 viewsreddythered

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:26 - Aug 14 by Lord_Bony

Basically the Jews see themselves as “God’s Chosen People”, and the other peoples are nothing but nations divided into groups and classes, that should be exploited to serve the Chosen People.

That s why they don t really care what the world thinks of them in Palestine ATM.

Or maybe that having been persecuted for thousands of years for the oft repeated Christian mantra of "Jews killed Christ", for example, they really couldn't give a f*** about what that world thinks of them given the historical anti-semitism experienced, eh?

Nah. That wouldn't fit in with your pretty obvious view.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:32 - Aug 15 with 999 viewsLord_Bony

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 23:31 - Aug 14 by reddythered

Or maybe that having been persecuted for thousands of years for the oft repeated Christian mantra of "Jews killed Christ", for example, they really couldn't give a f*** about what that world thinks of them given the historical anti-semitism experienced, eh?

Nah. That wouldn't fit in with your pretty obvious view.

Here we go again,anyone who criticises gods choosen people is anti-Semite.

No mate,the last thing I am is a racist.

But what I object to is the slaughter of women and children on a daily basis while the world sits and watches on the media which is mainly controlled and owned by Jewish corporations gives a biased sympathetic view to Israel.
FACT.

Hamas is trying to defend itself with a handful of puny rockets that do nothing,in the meantime Israel just keeps bombing and lkilling everyday...those poor Palestinians have had enough now.

It's almost as if the Jews are enjoying the bloodbath,it's like a sick game to them....I really don t like it at all...

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 08:15 - Aug 15 with 978 viewsperchrockjack

Bible refers to them as such.

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 962 viewsreddythered

ISIS. .....or IS as they now are..... on 07:32 - Aug 15 by Lord_Bony

Here we go again,anyone who criticises gods choosen people is anti-Semite.

No mate,the last thing I am is a racist.

But what I object to is the slaughter of women and children on a daily basis while the world sits and watches on the media which is mainly controlled and owned by Jewish corporations gives a biased sympathetic view to Israel.
FACT.

Hamas is trying to defend itself with a handful of puny rockets that do nothing,in the meantime Israel just keeps bombing and lkilling everyday...those poor Palestinians have had enough now.

It's almost as if the Jews are enjoying the bloodbath,it's like a sick game to them....I really don t like it at all...

Yes, yes, yes, you're not racist. You just happen to quote people who come out with anti-semitic comments.

You just happen to continually refer to "Jews"; ignoring Israel has a mix of ethnicities. You just don't want to criticise Israel, instead criticise "Jews".

You just want to refer to "Jewish corporations" controlling the media as FACT without providing any supporting evidence to that bold claim.

Slaughter of women and children on a daily basis? Hasn't happened every day throughout history, hey ho. Can't recall you ever commenting about the slaughter of women and children in South Sudan, for example, happening in far, far greater numbers. No Jews involved there, eh?

Puny rockets that do nothing? Yes, Hamas have access to nothing other than fireworks. Honest gov.

Yes, yes, yes, it's all down to those pesky bloodbath loving Jews.

Plenty of people criticise Israel. No problem wil people expressing that sentiment. You on the other hand... you know precisely what you are, your posts give you away each and every time. The reality is, remove Jews from the equation I very much doubt you give a single flying f*** for Palestinians. As a tool for criticising Jews, on the other hand, very handy for your world view, eh?

Interesting you quoted Henry Ford and then conveniently ignore the overwhelming evidence as to his anti-semitic views, eh?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024