Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say 00:22 - Aug 20 with 4406 viewsswancity

About Garry Monk seem to have gone into hiding presumably in embarrassment which would be understandable. Well done Garry, keep defying those odds.
Ps was the win last Saturday the best away league win in the history of Swansea City? Not as impressive as the win at arsenal in 2012 in my opinion but it's right up there.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 00:27 - Aug 20 with 2686 viewsSwansNZ

He's back from holiday tomorrow

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:04 - Aug 20 with 2558 viewsJethroJack

The anti-Monk brigade will no doubt re-surface if we don't beat Burnley & WBA handsomely.

Christ knows how they'll cope though if we manage to get something at the Bridge on the 13th September, most people's favourites for the title.

Whatever happens next, Garry out-thought a coach considered to be a tactical genius last Saturday, so keep going Garry.......you're on the right track
The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:18 - Aug 20 with 2534 viewsjacksinceever

As i posted elsewhere, was highly dubious about GM's appointment. However Saturday's result and performance astounded most of us if true be told. Time will tell if it can be sustained but the guy deserves a fair run whatever.
Certainly don't expect him to be the first managerial casualty in the Premier League (since a ball was kicked anyway)
The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:32 - Aug 20 with 2502 viewsScoobyWho

Nobody is anti Monk , dear oh dear, Jethro, what brigade ? where do they meet ? Do they wear uniforms ?

This has to be one off the most narrow minded topics on here. Nobody on here
Is anti the Swansea manager, nobody wants the team to lose. Thats what the OP is implying. Tough justice OP. I will tell you something chaps, if anyone accused me of wanting Swansea to lose to prove a point ? Well, think on.

Is everything black and white in all your lives ?
Get it ?

Stupid topic.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:33 - Aug 20 with 2497 viewsmonmouth

Seasons started mun. Therefore everyone who is a real fan wants us to win every game under Garry Monk. Only time will tell whether it's worked out or not but what's the point in polarising or pigeonholing people now? I've been pretty agnostic throughout the whole thing, but thought his efforts last season were easily promising enough to give him a fair shot at it and he's started well. Long way to go yet though.

Anyone that would 'gloat' if things went off the rails would not be a supporter of the club anyway. The questions and doubts that have been raised in advance about a rookie manager seem pretty fair to me, the approach has gone spectacularly wrong at other clubs, but that is entirely different to hoping those doubts crystallise. Plus of course, no one can ever assess what would have happened if a different decision had been made. Maybe we'd have won 5-0 at OT and gone on to win the premier league by 30 points....:)

Some of the twisting of events to try and support the negative arguments were a bit tortuous mind, and surprised me a bit, but at least we're all happy enough at the moment. All aboard the planet swans sunshine bus...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:37 - Aug 20 with 2484 viewsScoobyWho

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:33 - Aug 20 by monmouth

Seasons started mun. Therefore everyone who is a real fan wants us to win every game under Garry Monk. Only time will tell whether it's worked out or not but what's the point in polarising or pigeonholing people now? I've been pretty agnostic throughout the whole thing, but thought his efforts last season were easily promising enough to give him a fair shot at it and he's started well. Long way to go yet though.

Anyone that would 'gloat' if things went off the rails would not be a supporter of the club anyway. The questions and doubts that have been raised in advance about a rookie manager seem pretty fair to me, the approach has gone spectacularly wrong at other clubs, but that is entirely different to hoping those doubts crystallise. Plus of course, no one can ever assess what would have happened if a different decision had been made. Maybe we'd have won 5-0 at OT and gone on to win the premier league by 30 points....:)

Some of the twisting of events to try and support the negative arguments were a bit tortuous mind, and surprised me a bit, but at least we're all happy enough at the moment. All aboard the planet swans sunshine bus...

Impressive as always monmouth.

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:20 - Aug 20 with 2406 viewsJethroJack

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:32 - Aug 20 by ScoobyWho

Nobody is anti Monk , dear oh dear, Jethro, what brigade ? where do they meet ? Do they wear uniforms ?

This has to be one off the most narrow minded topics on here. Nobody on here
Is anti the Swansea manager, nobody wants the team to lose. Thats what the OP is implying. Tough justice OP. I will tell you something chaps, if anyone accused me of wanting Swansea to lose to prove a point ? Well, think on.

Is everything black and white in all your lives ?
Get it ?

Stupid topic.

What makes you think YOU'RE being accused of wanting us to lose to prove a point.
Stupid response.
The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:31 - Aug 20 with 2379 viewsDr_Winston

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 08:37 - Aug 20 by ScoobyWho

Impressive as always monmouth.

Indeed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:36 - Aug 20 with 2360 viewsNeath_Jack

There are notable absences from this forum the past week from a few of the very vocal, "Monk is the wrong man for the job/He's just a yes man/Tactically inept" posters. Funny that. No doubt they will be back in floods at the first defeat. It's a long old season.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:53 - Aug 20 with 2296 viewsDarran

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:36 - Aug 20 by Neath_Jack

There are notable absences from this forum the past week from a few of the very vocal, "Monk is the wrong man for the job/He's just a yes man/Tactically inept" posters. Funny that. No doubt they will be back in floods at the first defeat. It's a long old season.

Of course they will.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:58 - Aug 20 with 2280 viewsJackfath

It would be an extremely dull, slow forum if all the posters agreed with all aspects of the managerial running of the club.

I enjoy reading all sides and opinions. What is shameful is when people resort to being vulgar because they disagree with someone.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:14 - Aug 20 with 2224 viewswaynekerr55

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:58 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

It would be an extremely dull, slow forum if all the posters agreed with all aspects of the managerial running of the club.

I enjoy reading all sides and opinions. What is shameful is when people resort to being vulgar because they disagree with someone.

Spot on FATH

Why people see you as a wind up MERCHANT is beyond me

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:22 - Aug 20 with 2190 viewsUxbridge

I think the gloaters this week are starting to become more annoying than the moaners last week. I wonder which one we'll have to put up with next week?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:27 - Aug 20 with 2169 viewsJackSomething

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:22 - Aug 20 by Uxbridge

I think the gloaters this week are starting to become more annoying than the moaners last week. I wonder which one we'll have to put up with next week?

I tend to agree. The moaners start early (often during a match-day thread) and tend to peak a day or so after whatever set them off, usually a loss. The gloaters seem to have slowly picked up speed since Saturday.

To be fair though, it is Neddy who started this thread and no-one has ever taken him seriously, have they?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:52 - Aug 20 with 2128 viewsAnotherJohn

It is indeed an excellent start and I take my hat off to Mr Monk, accepting that I was a little worried about the appointment originally. Being a pessimist though, I can't help wondering if it is almost too good a start, and thinking about Blackpool and similar teams in seasons past. I think I'd feel much better if we could get through the two 'bread and butter' home games with a decent points tally.
The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:59 - Aug 20 with 2099 viewsJackSomething

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:52 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

It is indeed an excellent start and I take my hat off to Mr Monk, accepting that I was a little worried about the appointment originally. Being a pessimist though, I can't help wondering if it is almost too good a start, and thinking about Blackpool and similar teams in seasons past. I think I'd feel much better if we could get through the two 'bread and butter' home games with a decent points tally.

Two years ago under ML, we had 7 points from our first three games (1 away, then 2 home). I'd be very happy going in to the Chelsea game in the same situation.

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 11:02 - Aug 20 with 2091 viewsUxbridge

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 10:27 - Aug 20 by JackSomething

I tend to agree. The moaners start early (often during a match-day thread) and tend to peak a day or so after whatever set them off, usually a loss. The gloaters seem to have slowly picked up speed since Saturday.

To be fair though, it is Neddy who started this thread and no-one has ever taken him seriously, have they?

Afraid I have no idea who's who on here these days. All this changing name nonsense is a bit weird.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 11:04 - Aug 20 with 2087 viewsC_jack

Nobody is hiding, its just that you can't see anything through the huge sway of people counting their chickens.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 11:08 - Aug 20 with 2068 viewsJackSomething

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 11:04 - Aug 20 by C_jack

Nobody is hiding, its just that you can't see anything through the huge sway of people counting their chickens.

Absolutely. All summer it's been reasonable voices and optimism shouted down by the Private Frazers' of the forum (we're all doomed! Doomed!), now the situation has reversed after an admittedly brilliant result Saturday.

It's all very tiresome to those who try and keep some perspective.

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 1945 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm back now. Panic over.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:14 - Aug 20 with 1911 viewsScoobyWho

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 09:20 - Aug 20 by JethroJack

What makes you think YOU'RE being accused of wanting us to lose to prove a point.
Stupid response.

I didn't say I was, thats the way you read it, shame really - your usually quite good at this.

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 1847 viewsllangyfelach

Monmouth spot on as usual

Also have to add that the "told you so" Monk In / Monk is a c*nt camps are equally as skull f*cking. When we lose to Burnley on Saturday (come on, its us after all) the roles will be reversed and on it will go...
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 13:33]

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:41 - Aug 20 with 1802 viewsNeath_Jack

Oh f*ck look out, we have the pro Monk, anti Monk and now we've got the passive sensible types.

The last lot are the worst of the emerging mobs, the Peter Perfects.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:43 - Aug 20 with 1796 viewsDarran

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:41 - Aug 20 by Neath_Jack

Oh f*ck look out, we have the pro Monk, anti Monk and now we've got the passive sensible types.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:44 - Aug 20 with 1785 views_

The ones who had plenty of critical nonsense to say on 13:41 - Aug 20 by Neath_Jack

Hahhahahahaa!!! Brilliant mate!!

;-)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024