Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move 13:48 - Aug 20 with 7942 viewsDrizzy

Not that disappointed considering we've replaced him with a better player in Gylfi but he would have been a useful addition to the squad.

His fan club had become nauseating at times mind. Constantly portraying him as some kind of under-appreciated midfield virtuoso when in reality it was just a handful of numpties who called him sh*t after a bad game.

Very productive and talented player though who was a model professional. Wish him all the best in the future.

F*ck Napoli.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 13:50]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:55 - Aug 20 with 6011 viewsperchrockjack

Will on no account be missed

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:57 - Aug 20 with 5998 viewsJokeren1943

The most underrated Swansea player.

Massive amount of goals and assists.

Wish him a good time in his new club.
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:57 - Aug 20 with 5998 viewsDarran

F*ck him

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:58 - Aug 20 with 5969 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So Napoli have taken our two best midfielders from us for absolute peanuts.

Admittedly one was a want away no longer star player and one was on loan, but it's still disappointing.

I wish Jonathon the best in his future endeavours. I would like to wish Michu's career nose dives into obscurity and he will be labelled as a one season wonder in years to come and a name nobody remembers.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:07 - Aug 20 with 5901 viewsJokeren1943

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:58 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Admittedly one was a want away no longer star player and one was on loan, but it's still disappointing.

I wish Jonathon the best in his future endeavours. I would like to wish Michu's career nose dives into obscurity and he will be labelled as a one season wonder in years to come and a name nobody remembers.

Just to be sure - Guzman has never been a Swansea player.

He has allways been Owened by Villeral.

So what you are saying is Napoli has loaned óne of our players?
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:07 - Aug 20 with 5900 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't understand how Napoli have taken our two best midfielders for peanuts.

They've signed a player from Villareal who was on loan here for two years and they've borrowed a player from us for a year.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:07 - Aug 20 with 5896 viewsWandererJack

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:58 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Would you prefer Michu and JDG or Gomis and Gylfi, out of interest?
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:08 - Aug 20 with 5894 viewsperchrockjack

Dwight.
If that s tongue in cheek it's a good one.

Login to get fewer ads

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:10 - Aug 20 with 5864 viewsStarsky

You're a bit rusty after your break aren't you D?

It's just the internet, init.

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:14 - Aug 20 with 5823 viewsSweyns_Eye

Peanuts? You don't know that. Sounds like you're having a subtle dig at the club.

De Guzman wasn't our player, we only borrowed him on loan from Villareal. Apparently we expressed an interest in signing him but since he went to the World Cup his interest in signing for us has waned.

Michu is still our player, he's on loan and we don't currently have to pay his wages, or at least some of his wages are being met by Napoli. Again we don't know the full extent of the deal. You would hope that there is an option to buy in the loan deal but again we don't know.

What we do know is that if players don't want to play for the team we can't make them. Nor should we. All our players need to be 100% committed to the Swans.

As disappointing as it is to lose players with the capabilities that Michu and de Guzman have shown, there are plenty more fish in the sea. The Swans are a Premier League club who've just turned over one of the giants in the league. We can't offer European football currently, but who knows where the future will take us? I reckon we'd be an exciting prospect for a lot of players, what do you think?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:16 - Aug 20 with 5806 viewsDarran

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:10 - Aug 20 by Starsky

You're a bit rusty after your break aren't you D?

He needs to get up to speed he also probably hasn't heard that JDG had messed around a bit in negotiations.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:17 - Aug 20 with 5802 viewsBlasterJack

Anyone who says he wasn't an asset to our team over the last 2 years needs their head read. The stats speak for themselves in terms of goals and assists.
He was never actually 'ours' though so the point is moot.

Like most players he could frustrate and delight often within the same game. His sh*tting out of tackles used to annoy the bejusus out of me.

That said given the choice between him and Gylfi, it would be the Iceman all day long.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:22 - Aug 20 with 5768 viewsperchrockjack

Don't remember that being said but he was nowhere near a first name on team sheet.
Anyway, he s history

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:31 - Aug 20 with 5712 viewsJackSomething

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:22 - Aug 20 by perchrockjack

Don't remember that being said but he was nowhere near a first name on team sheet.
Anyway, he s history

93 games in 2 seasons would indicate he was very much 'a first name on team sheet' player Perch.

Once it was clear Ki was being welcomed back into the fold, I suppose JDG was not likely to return, especially if he had bigger aspirations after the World Cup. Just hope that Ki signs a new contract soon.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:33 - Aug 20 with 5695 viewsperchrockjack

Well I recall him to be often subbed or being subbed but anyway we disagree .NEXT...

Was it you who failed to find PLAN de Dieu btw?

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:36 - Aug 20 with 5673 viewsJackSomething

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:33 - Aug 20 by perchrockjack

Well I recall him to be often subbed or being subbed but anyway we disagree .NEXT...

Was it you who failed to find PLAN de Dieu btw?

Is that one of your LIDL recommendations? No, it wasn't me, I haven't had the chance to try looking for any yet.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:39 - Aug 20 with 5655 viewsDyfnant

Are people making similarities in the roles Gylfi and JDG play or thinking it was one or the other we could sign?!?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:42 - Aug 20 with 5624 viewsperchrockjack

Don't start.I don't go to LIDL as its in a working class part of Wirral.

I don't work anymore so I avoid such places.

Aldi, West Kirby..

POINT IS, they sold out so I must have more readers than I thought.
BTW last time I watcha game in a pub up here as was bought ale all afternoon and had to endure half the Everton game just to be social. They fooking love us up here and frankly its getting tedious and embarrassing.

I tell you this, quite seriouslu..2 HOURS ago went to Band Q (PENSIONERS DAY) got a lovely bargain and then petrol to be told ,I really like yous (referring to my swans top (orange one too) by the girl at the desk....

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:44 - Aug 20 with 5607 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:39 - Aug 20 by Dyfnant

Are people making similarities in the roles Gylfi and JDG play or thinking it was one or the other we could sign?!?

It would appear so.

Personally I have Gylfi down as Michu's replacement.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:45 - Aug 20 with 5599 viewsStarsky

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:39 - Aug 20 by Dyfnant

I don't think it was ever between Gylfi and JDG in the same squad.
Ki's resurgence, along with JDG's keeping his options open, turned GM off him

It's just the internet, init.

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 17:04 - Aug 20 with 5365 viewsClinton

JDG dropped from the latest Dutch squad, see what happens when you leave the Swans.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 17:09 - Aug 20 with 5336 viewsLeonisGod

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 14:45 - Aug 20 by Starsky

I don't think it was ever between Gylfi and JDG in the same squad.
Ki's resurgence, along with JDG's keeping his options open, turned GM off him

Yep, JdG v Ki or probably JdG v Shelvey would be a more accurate reflection of the roles they play. I'd rather have JdG over both of those, although we're ok as we are. Especially if we get this French lad.
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 17:19 - Aug 20 with 5292 viewscockneyswan

Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 13:57 - Aug 20 by Darran

F*ck him

Nice
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 17:21 - Aug 20 with 5286 viewsswanduck

Wish him luck, seems a decent guy and did a good job here, but for whatever reason a permanent deal didn't materialise.

Also I think Benitez is a Swansea fan.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 17:21]
Jonathan de Guzman completes Napoli move on 17:23 - Aug 20 with 5277 viewsScoobyWho

If they had taken our two best midfielders they would have taken Jon Jo and Ki or maybe Dyer and Routledge or even any of that combination with Leon. I left Gylfi and Montero out purposely.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024