Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ice bucket thingy 15:50 - Aug 20 with 12271 viewsDarran

It's really f*cking tedious now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That ice bucket thingy on 18:38 - Aug 20 with 1571 viewsBaker

That ice bucket thingy on 18:36 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

Unfortunately it would.

One's much better to remain dignified over these matters.

I wonder who on here has done it?

I doubt oldjack has done it.

There's a bloke who needs a dip now.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 18:43]

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

That ice bucket thingy on 18:46 - Aug 20 with 1553 viewsUxbridge

That ice bucket thingy on 18:34 - Aug 20 by Baker

I feel like videoing myself handing over some cash to oxfam or someone, with me turning to camera announcing "See, you bunch of 'look at me c*nts' - that is how it's done! I nominate you all to to take a long hard f*cking look at yourselves, you throbbing great tw*ts!" and lashing that on facebook to see what the fallout would be.

But that would make me as bad as them wouldn't it?

You do that, forward me the link, and I'll donate £20 to charity.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

That ice bucket thingy on 18:47 - Aug 20 with 1552 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

My father recently died of MND and my 5year old grandaughter and her friends have taken part and donated money to the research for treatment for this wicked poison of a diseas.
The fact that this thread has even be started has shocked me let alone some of the posts by callous small minded ignorant people.

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

That ice bucket thingy on 18:49 - Aug 20 with 1545 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 18:47 - Aug 20 by Sandfieldshellsangel

My father recently died of MND and my 5year old grandaughter and her friends have taken part and donated money to the research for treatment for this wicked poison of a diseas.
The fact that this thread has even be started has shocked me let alone some of the posts by callous small minded ignorant people.

You're missing the point.

Please educate me so I am no longer ignorant.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 18:52]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

That ice bucket thingy on 18:55 - Aug 20 with 1533 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

That ice bucket thingy on 18:49 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

You're missing the point.

Please educate me so I am no longer ignorant.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 18:52]

Really fu..Iing tedious .
Is that how you would describe a global event raising awareness to this condition

That ice bucket thingy on 18:55 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewskeeponrockin

That ice bucket thingy on 18:47 - Aug 20 by Sandfieldshellsangel

I'm very sorry to hear that.

The point people are making is that charitable giving and raising awareness is absolutely great. The problem is as always these things get hi-jacked by those that are more in it for themselves than the good cause.
That ice bucket thingy on 18:57 - Aug 20 with 1524 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 18:55 - Aug 20 by Sandfieldshellsangel

Really fu..Iing tedious .
Is that how you would describe a global event raising awareness to this condition

I am not denying it's raising awareness. I am berating those who are doing it for the public adoration of their social media lives. I am not criticising the super work of your granddaughter and her friends.

I am sorry you find what's been written tedious.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

That ice bucket thingy on 18:58 - Aug 20 with 1518 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 18:55 - Aug 20 by keeponrockin

I'm very sorry to hear that.

The point people are making is that charitable giving and raising awareness is absolutely great. The problem is as always these things get hi-jacked by those that are more in it for themselves than the good cause.

He didn't want to recognise that as what was being said though, instead choosing to call me uck ing tedious.

Login to get fewer ads

That ice bucket thingy on 19:07 - Aug 20 with 1501 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

That ice bucket thingy on 18:57 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

I am not denying it's raising awareness. I am berating those who are doing it for the public adoration of their social media lives. I am not criticising the super work of your granddaughter and her friends.

I am sorry you find what's been written tedious.

I never said what was written was tedious . I was saying the first post said fecking tedious describing the event.
I am sorry if I have come over a bit strong but if people did do a bit of research on this this condition they would se what this can do to person ..
I never knew anything about it until my dad got ill it shocked me ,and I still feel raw on the subject

And I never called you tedious
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 19:10]

That ice bucket thingy on 19:24 - Aug 20 with 1465 viewsJackhero

The small minded people are the ones on here slating the ice bucket challenge. I know i've been suckered into responding by the likes of JF as even he isn't that dense.

Mr Prosser, I will give £10 to Macmillan if someone videos you getting drenched in one of your shirts and then you nominate JF, oldjack and anyone else of your choice.

Video must be posted on here though. Anyone else like to up the ante and add to my £10 pledge and help start this Planet Swans ice bucket challenge?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

That ice bucket thingy on 19:38 - Aug 20 with 1441 viewsJackfath

That ice bucket thingy on 19:24 - Aug 20 by Jackhero

The small minded people are the ones on here slating the ice bucket challenge. I know i've been suckered into responding by the likes of JF as even he isn't that dense.

Mr Prosser, I will give £10 to Macmillan if someone videos you getting drenched in one of your shirts and then you nominate JF, oldjack and anyone else of your choice.

Video must be posted on here though. Anyone else like to up the ante and add to my £10 pledge and help start this Planet Swans ice bucket challenge?

Thanks for the sentiment. I already give far more than the paltry £10 suggested to charity and have no interest in pouring a bucket of water over my head.

Also I thought it was all for a different charity not, Macmillan?

That ice bucket thingy on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 1432 viewsC_jack

It's fine if people remember that it's for charity. Sadly many are doing it without even a hint of the real reason why they're doing so, sheep will always follow.

A bit like the 'Movember' craze, many will say that it doesn't matter if they don't donate because they're raising awareness.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 19:49]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:22 - Aug 20 with 1401 viewscsf

That ice bucket thingy on 19:38 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

Thanks for the sentiment. I already give far more than the paltry £10 suggested to charity and have no interest in pouring a bucket of water over my head.

In the U.S most of the videos I have seen are in aid of ALS charities. Over here thats known as MND, the charity for which is the MNDA. Go on their website and they are promoting the challenge as well.

According to wikipedia (not massively reliable but I'm not writing a degree assignment) MacMillan have also now taken it on. A lot of the videos I've seen of noncelebrity british people have been for MacMillan
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 20:42]
That ice bucket thingy on 20:24 - Aug 20 with 1398 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

That ice bucket thingy on 20:27 - Aug 20 with 1393 viewsskippyjack

What percentage is given to charity is the question! 50%? 70%?.. I know it definitely isn't in the 90-100% barrier.. I only give to charities who give 90%+ proceeds..

Then some t*t gives out the line.. 'it's still for charity'.. give £2 a month.. give £5 a month... am I really giving £2 a month or a £1.. am I giving £5 or £2.50.. false advertising puts me right off charities.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

That ice bucket thingy on 20:27 - Aug 20 with 1374 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

That ice bucket thingy on 20:33 - Aug 20 with 1358 viewsJackhero

That ice bucket thingy on 19:38 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

Wow. Bet you got size 13 shoes too. Well done you.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

That ice bucket thingy on 20:42 - Aug 20 with 1345 viewsMrSwerve

I've had hundreds of these pop up on Facebook and I haven't got a f**king clue what it is in aid of. I assume it is cancer but the more I see them the more I try to scroll past them as fast as possible.

I have seen a new one where women have to put on lycra and show off their camel toes though, I'm sure Baker would be all over that one.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 20:46]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

That ice bucket thingy on 20:52 - Aug 20 with 1324 viewsDarran

That ice bucket thingy on 19:24 - Aug 20 by Jackhero

I paid £130 for a Roberto Cavalli dress on the Oxfam website last night so no piss off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

That ice bucket thingy on 21:13 - Aug 20 with 1296 viewsMrSwerve

That ice bucket thingy on 20:52 - Aug 20 by Darran

I paid £130 for a Roberto Cavalli dress on the Oxfam website last night so no piss off.

Did it fit you nicely?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

That ice bucket thingy on 21:38 - Aug 20 with 1280 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

That ice bucket thingy on 18:15 - Aug 20 by Jackfath

I thought it was for Cancer. The above link is for something I've never heard of. Most people I've seen do it do not mention a disease of any sort and therefore are not raising any awareness other than they are a bit of a cock.

Still each to their own and it's great that people have to pour something on their heads to donate, rather than just donating. All done for public gratification and faux generosity.

You've never heard of ALS ?

You wouldn't want it . It's the biggest cu nt of a disease you could get.

It's not as big as some of the cun ts posting on this thread though , fair play .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

That ice bucket thingy on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 1262 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It has raised over $8.6m today.

Since its inception a few weeks ago, $31.5m has been raised solely for the ALS Association.

http://time.com/3148314/als-ice-bucket-challenge-million/

Most of the U.K entries I have seen have been for other, various charities, so the total raised will be even higher. I understand some may be doing it solely because it is viral and 'cool', but many in this thread and elsewhere are wrongly, ignorantly thinking most people are not donating when it's simply not the case.

In my opinion the people moaning about it are far worse than the people who are doing it and not donating.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

That ice bucket thingy on 21:55 - Aug 20 with 1240 viewsC_jack

That ice bucket thingy on 21:38 - Aug 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

You've never heard of ALS ?

You wouldn't want it . It's the biggest cu nt of a disease you could get.

It's not as big as some of the cun ts posting on this thread though , fair play .

Absolutely heart breaking, and utterly devastating. They are not strictly the same but perhaps people in this country will be more familiar with Muscular Dystrophy or Motor Neurone Disease.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

That ice bucket thingy on 21:56 - Aug 20 with 1237 viewsskippyjack

That ice bucket thingy on 21:45 - Aug 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It has raised over $8.6m today.

Since its inception a few weeks ago, $31.5m has been raised solely for the ALS Association.

http://time.com/3148314/als-ice-bucket-challenge-million/

Most of the U.K entries I have seen have been for other, various charities, so the total raised will be even higher. I understand some may be doing it solely because it is viral and 'cool', but many in this thread and elsewhere are wrongly, ignorantly thinking most people are not donating when it's simply not the case.

In my opinion the people moaning about it are far worse than the people who are doing it and not donating.

Well done to all the celebrities who participated in the challenge.. who are all worth $20 billion combined.. $32 million is superb by every poor c*nt who donated..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

That ice bucket thingy on 22:23 - Aug 20 with 1209 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

That ice bucket thingy on 21:55 - Aug 20 by C_jack

Absolutely heart breaking, and utterly devastating. They are not strictly the same but perhaps people in this country will be more familiar with Muscular Dystrophy or Motor Neurone Disease.

It is dreadful .

ALS / MND is the same dreadful disease.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024