Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? 07:05 - Aug 21 with 1306 viewsPhil_S

Sometimes I never get bored of thinking just how far we have come as a football club and yesterday was another one of those moments that you just sit back and reflect on exactly what has happened as we completed the signing of Argentinian defender Federico Fernandez.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35831/fernandez-signing--
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:14 - Aug 21 with 1276 viewsorion3016

It just confirms our progress
2 years ago it was Pablo & ki as our marquee signings
Then bony and now £8m for a CB
Brilliant & well done huw!

Be over there now after

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:21 - Aug 21 with 1252 viewsItchySphincter

Swapping players with Spurs and Napoli all summer and seemingly coming out with the better deal.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:31 - Aug 21 with 1205 viewsmarchamjack

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:21 - Aug 21 by ItchySphincter

Swapping players with Spurs and Napoli all summer and seemingly coming out with the better deal.

This

Incredible really

We just go on and on, season to season, and in spite of that, we have some total doomsayers on here when we lose a mickey mouse pre-season friendly and can't wait to knock the club at every opportunity

I live in England away from Swansea and I can tell you that virtually everyone I meet only has positive things to say about us and many wish their club was like ours. When I tell them we have a number of fans who constantly moan about our club they look at me genuinely open mouthed and ask.."moan about what?!"

Anyway, now that we're just outside of the Champions League places I'm really not happy and Huw and the board need to step up their game and look to get in better than Argentinian World Cup defenders

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:40 - Aug 21 with 1179 viewsSwansNZ

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:31 - Aug 21 by marchamjack

This

Incredible really

We just go on and on, season to season, and in spite of that, we have some total doomsayers on here when we lose a mickey mouse pre-season friendly and can't wait to knock the club at every opportunity

I live in England away from Swansea and I can tell you that virtually everyone I meet only has positive things to say about us and many wish their club was like ours. When I tell them we have a number of fans who constantly moan about our club they look at me genuinely open mouthed and ask.."moan about what?!"

Anyway, now that we're just outside of the Champions League places I'm really not happy and Huw and the board need to step up their game and look to get in better than Argentinian World Cup defenders

Too bloody right. We should be signing German players, not some runner-up loser

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:41 - Aug 21 with 1172 viewsJBG

And pip a massive fan is in ferking Greece on the first game part timer
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 08:34 - Aug 21 with 1040 viewsairedale

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 08:37 - Aug 21 with 1021 viewsjacksinceever

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 08:34 - Aug 21 by airedale

I think he is saying that Phillip (Sumbler?) is on holidays when we play Burnley or possibly when we played Man U? That's what it seems to say anyway - at a guess
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:01 - Aug 21 with 943 viewsDieLoo

Login to get fewer ads

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:02 - Aug 21 with 939 viewsSwansNZ

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:01 - Aug 21 by DieLoo

Yes, looks a big one

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:03 - Aug 21 with 937 viewsjacksinceever

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:01 - Aug 21 by DieLoo

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:14 - Aug 21 with 893 viewsperchrockjack

Good article and we really do feel the love.

We are ,however, where we are and its not fluke, no flash in the pan and the world of football is slowly waking up to that fact.

Im bored with the compliments our team gets in our part of the country. It really is ridiculous nobody seems to dislike us at all.

With greater status comes greater expectations and what is seen as moaning is often just disappointment as we re in the best, amongst the best and we want the best;not second best. Its why any player not seen as the best we can do gets stick if he underperforms. Its why I personally cannot stand anyone not giving their all and not fulfilling their potential for my /our club.

If a player does underperform or loses his focus then tara and thanks for the memory as we ll replace him with better and this is what Monk and our magnificent Board are doing now. Amateurs ,clueless, disrespectful to fans? Nah.

So, for me, its simply cas eof always wanting better, always moving forward and Lordy Lord we have and are and I d have thought the Board aint looking back evry other day as to how poverty struck we were as they ll be thinking forward.

The past is just that and we all know what our past has been. People forget we had good times too and were not always a basket case.

OPINIONS INNIT.Who d have em

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:55 - Aug 21 with 760 viewslifelong

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 09:14 - Aug 21 by perchrockjack

Good article and we really do feel the love.

We are ,however, where we are and its not fluke, no flash in the pan and the world of football is slowly waking up to that fact.

Im bored with the compliments our team gets in our part of the country. It really is ridiculous nobody seems to dislike us at all.

With greater status comes greater expectations and what is seen as moaning is often just disappointment as we re in the best, amongst the best and we want the best;not second best. Its why any player not seen as the best we can do gets stick if he underperforms. Its why I personally cannot stand anyone not giving their all and not fulfilling their potential for my /our club.

If a player does underperform or loses his focus then tara and thanks for the memory as we ll replace him with better and this is what Monk and our magnificent Board are doing now. Amateurs ,clueless, disrespectful to fans? Nah.

So, for me, its simply cas eof always wanting better, always moving forward and Lordy Lord we have and are and I d have thought the Board aint looking back evry other day as to how poverty struck we were as they ll be thinking forward.

The past is just that and we all know what our past has been. People forget we had good times too and were not always a basket case.

OPINIONS INNIT.Who d have em

I'm encouraged by your optimism for the season ahead Perchy.

Let's hope it lasts eh?
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 725 viewsJBG

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 08:34 - Aug 21 by airedale

sorry read somewhere he was in rhodes
Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 10:14 - Aug 21 with 682 viewsCatullus

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 07:31 - Aug 21 by marchamjack

This

Incredible really

Well, there are times when moaning is justified!!

But how anyone can moan about anything right now is beyond me. We have just made a quality signing (on paper anyway, he'll still have to prove himself) we got the pricing more than right for the COC game v Rotherham (I'll be very disappointed if there aren't thousands of kids there!! And we are coming off the back of a wonderful opening day win with two very winnable home games to come.

The only thing (for me) that we need to do that could be a cause for concern if we don't, is to start extending the stadium.
Otherwise, right now, everything is rosy in our garden!!

Is Fernandez a coup, absolutely. he's 25 so coming into his prime. He's a full international who took part in 4 WC games and he's come from Napoli who just came 3rd in Italy and won a cup too.

What's not to like?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fernandez Signing - A Massive Coup? on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 557 viewsperchrockjack

Its where we are Rog, which is a good place.

Moaning is simply not being satisfied which is good as it shows you have ambition.
OUR club and our directors lead by HUW have smashed the notion they are clueless and amateur.
If nowt else they re learning and they re doing it on the job too with no help from any investors nor indeed Council.

We are morally ,ethically and for decency we are actually ,imo at the top- of the Prem. NOBODY CAN CO0ME ANYWHERE NEAR US.
Mancity ,Manure,Chelsea,Liverpool too lost most of their ethics long ago while we stay clean.
No wonder why most love us.

People like the disgusting merson,walsh,curbishley et al should be looking at our model which is what most fans would like to see.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024