Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JJS 10:46 - Aug 24 with 4908 viewsSS2013

Not seen a thread about him, so apologies if I've missed it.

What was going on yesterday ? Tired ? Overworked ?

It was interesting that MOTD showed 3 nice passes from him, but I think that's the worst performance I've seen from him as of yet.

Hopefully things can only get better.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

JJS on 10:46 - Aug 24 with 2683 viewsTheFranchise

He's 22, still learning.
JJS on 10:48 - Aug 24 with 2649 viewsScoobyWho

His head dropped so low yesterday in the second half he looked like my nephew last Sunday at Tenby beach after being told off for running in to people and being silly.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

JJS on 10:51 - Aug 24 with 2634 viewsTheFranchise

JJS on 10:48 - Aug 24 by ScoobyWho

His head dropped so low yesterday in the second half he looked like my nephew last Sunday at Tenby beach after being told off for running in to people and being silly.

Performance psychology is quite new in the British game, he was probably never taught to let his mistakes go.
JJS on 10:52 - Aug 24 with 2625 viewsSkipTheJack

He's got so much quality and so much potential, but he looks like he's put on a lot of weight since joining us and is nowhere near fit enough at the moment. He was quite petulant at times yesterday, and would surely have been subbed if we'd had a suitable replacement on the bench.
JJS on 10:53 - Aug 24 with 2604 viewsScoobyWho

JJS on 10:51 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

Performance psychology is quite new in the British game, he was probably never taught to let his mistakes go.

Maybe a big old 'club legend' in defence and on a new contract was talking to him too much and it got to him

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

JJS on 10:56 - Aug 24 with 2591 viewsAndy1300

He was awful most of the game yesterday.

Gave so many balls away, made so many stupid challenges.

Shame we couldn't have subbed him

Number 1 team in Wales

JJS on 11:06 - Aug 24 with 2536 viewsjandyt

JJS on 10:51 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

He does seem to be really fragile. In the first half, he made a couple of decent passes and you could see his head lifting and then he made a really sweet pass. Next one he got wrong and his head dropped and then the quality kept dropping.

I love his attitude as I think he's a really honest player, but he definitely needs some help from a sports psychologist for us to see his best consistently.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

JJS on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 2502 viewsicecoldjack

Jonjo goes from one extreme to the other within a 90 min game.

Still alot of rough edges to knock off, IMO i thought he had a poor game yesterday too but its early season and many players are scratching around for form .
Login to get fewer ads

JJS on 11:28 - Aug 24 with 2436 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Considering just how bad he was in the second half I am surprised GM didin't give Bartley a try as I don't think he would have done much worse.
You notice he subbed Routs with Tiendalli to beef up the defense for Burnley's last ditch attacks for 4 minutes of extra time.
JJS on 11:42 - Aug 24 with 2367 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Had a decent first half .

He disappeared 2 nd half along with the other midfielders .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

JJS on 13:20 - Aug 24 with 2221 viewsCatullus

JJS on 11:42 - Aug 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Had a decent first half .

He disappeared 2 nd half along with the other midfielders .

I already said in the DM thread that he was our worst player second half and would have been subbed if we could have.
He is very honest and his own worst critic. But he can't afford that luxury in the middle of a game. He had to concentrate on the game and not berate himself for his mistakes.
leon can't come back soon enough, it;ll give JJS a break and a chance for us to wok on his rough edges.
Of course, we may have signed another midfielder by or dicovered Tom Carroll is a good option!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

JJS on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 2197 viewsAngelRangelQS

It's almost like he makes a mistake then becomes desperate to put it right to the point of trying too hard. He plays like a tortured soul at times
JJS on 13:41 - Aug 24 with 2157 viewsC_jack

If we had a quality replacement on the bench, then he'd be out for the next game.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

JJS on 13:43 - Aug 24 with 2151 viewsTom1912

JJS on 13:27 - Aug 24 by AngelRangelQS

It's almost like he makes a mistake then becomes desperate to put it right to the point of trying too hard. He plays like a tortured soul at times

Learnt that from Stevie Gerrard I imagine
JJS on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 2123 viewsZut_Alors

I'm a big fan of Shelvey and think that the positives far exceed the negatives when it comes to having him in the team, but have to say that he doesn't look in great shape. Hopefully that fitness will come soon.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 13:55]
JJS on 15:26 - Aug 24 with 1986 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Thought siggy was just as poor yesterday

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

JJS on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 1918 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm of the opinion we would be better off cashing in on him and replace him with a more talented player. This isn't his first shocker of a game and it won't be his last. He's too unpredictable. There's a reason Brendan told him he'd be backup at best at Liverpool if he stayed.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

JJS on 15:43 - Aug 24 with 1917 viewsperchrockjack

He s got talent dwight and he can be terrific but he is still erratic.

He needs time to develop and I d use him in a subs role which I believe monk will do soon..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

JJS on 15:48 - Aug 24 with 1882 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

JJS on 15:43 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

He s got talent dwight and he can be terrific but he is still erratic.

He needs time to develop and I d use him in a subs role which I believe monk will do soon..

How long do we carry him until he develops, Perch?

We've done it for a year and he only had a handful of games where you would rate his performance as 7/10 or above.

Our whole style of play is built around possession yet Jonjo is, through no fault of his own, a player who has been taught to immediately look for the long 60 yard ball to the wing. It works 2 or 3 times a match, such as the one to Routledge yesterday, but he gives it away so many more times than he does succeed. He even gives it away in extremely dangerous areas and we were lucky we didn't concede after he tried nut megging one of the Burnley players 20 yards from our goal yesterday and Ings volleyed a yard wide.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

JJS on 17:03 - Aug 24 with 1806 viewsSS2013

JJS on 15:26 - Aug 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Thought siggy was just as poor yesterday

Nope way off sorry mate.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

JJS on 17:12 - Aug 24 with 1783 viewsKulusBeatFactory

a huge liability 2nd half
unfortunately lacks the intelligence to play in our system
JJS on 17:15 - Aug 24 with 1769 viewsfbreath

Gave away some silly free kicks especially towards the end of the game in our left side near the box

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

JJS on 17:17 - Aug 24 with 1759 viewsperchrockjack

Dwight.
This season.

He s not a basket case but not bright and he s gonna need hard work.

I would bench him however and use him as a power sub.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

JJS on 18:14 - Aug 24 with 1691 viewsDavillin

JJS on 17:12 - Aug 24 by KulusBeatFactory

Hmmmmm.

When I made those same observations last season, there was an artillery barrage headed at me that was beyond reason.

Look out!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

JJS on 19:31 - Aug 24 with 1621 viewsA_Fans_Dad

JJS on 17:12 - Aug 24 by KulusBeatFactory

What an absolute load of garbage.
He has had some very good games and made some critical passes and is always looking to find space to receive the ball.
Yesterday was definitely a very off day for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024