Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JJS 10:46 - Aug 24 with 4907 viewsSS2013

Not seen a thread about him, so apologies if I've missed it.

What was going on yesterday ? Tired ? Overworked ?

It was interesting that MOTD showed 3 nice passes from him, but I think that's the worst performance I've seen from him as of yet.

Hopefully things can only get better.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

JJS on 19:36 - Aug 24 with 895 viewsDafyddHuw

JJS on 10:56 - Aug 24 by Andy1300

He was awful most of the game yesterday.

Gave so many balls away, made so many stupid challenges.

Shame we couldn't have subbed him

We could have. Take him off, move Amat to DM and bring Bartley/Fernandez on. Wouldn't have done worse than leave Shelvey on. The guy's a liability. Still don't understand why we bought him - £5M, same as Napoli paid for JdG. No comparison in the quality of the two players.
JJS on 19:45 - Aug 24 with 879 viewsKingBony

Lol fair play some of these comments are well OTT ~ not quite sure why he's turned into this seasons escape goat but there we are.

Always have to have something to moan about.

As for the clowns suggesting Amat or Bartley doing a better job than JJS go and have a lie down FFS.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

JJS on 21:19 - Aug 24 with 829 viewsDavillin

JJS on 19:31 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

What an absolute load of garbage.
He has had some very good games and made some critical passes and is always looking to find space to receive the ball.
Yesterday was definitely a very off day for him.

Just curious. Why did you have to start your post with an insult?

How about "I disagree, and here's why"?

I disagree with you, and here's why:

In my opinion, he has never had one good game for the Swans, let alone a "very good game," because, although he makes one or two "critical passes," he too frequently wastes possession with very low-percentage long-range shots [which invariably relinquish possession], passes the ball where no teammate can get on the end of it, passes directly to opponents, takes too much time to decide to do with the all, and, contrary to your statement, rarely looks to find space to receive the ball, and rarely anticipates opponents' play in order to get in the right defensive positions.

Moreover, he commits too many mindless fouls, again giving the ball away, and has too many yellow cards -- 2 so far in 2 games -- and is very lucky not to have at least one red -- in two games.

Finally, in general terms, he is not quick enough in mind and foot to play in the Swansea "system."

I remain completely bewildered about why he's a starter.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

JJS on 21:27 - Aug 24 with 819 viewsHighjack

Two wins out of two, maximum points and I'm yet to see a good word about any of our players this weekend.

This board is hilariously farcical.

Have a look in the mirror.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

JJS on 21:29 - Aug 24 with 805 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

JJS on 21:27 - Aug 24 by Highjack

Two wins out of two, maximum points and I'm yet to see a good word about any of our players this weekend.

Why are you lying? Off the top of my head I can think of a whole thread dedicated to praising Fabianski.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

JJS on 21:33 - Aug 24 with 805 viewsA_Fans_Dad

JJS on 21:19 - Aug 24 by Davillin

In my opinion, he has never had one good game for the Swans, let alone a "very good game," because, although he makes one or two "critical passes," he too frequently wastes possession with very low-percentage long-range shots [which invariably relinquish possession], passes the ball where no teammate can get on the end of it, passes directly to opponents, takes too much time to decide to do with the all, and, contrary to your statement, rarely looks to find space to receive the ball, and rarely anticipates opponents' play in order to get in the right defensive positions.

Moreover, he commits too many mindless fouls, again giving the ball away, and has too many yellow cards -- 2 so far in 2 games -- and is very lucky not to have at least one red -- in two games.

Finally, in general terms, he is not quick enough in mind and foot to play in the Swansea "system."

Dear Davillin, I was not speaking to you, however as you have taken it upon yourself to intervene with your own Garbage about Jonjo Shelvey perhaps you would like to appologise.
2013/2014 Premier Season 29 appearances, 6 Goals 6 assists and a pass rate completion of 83%, 1325 passes.
2013/2014 IUC 3 appearances and a pass rate completion of 86%
2014/2015 Premier Season 2 appearances and a pass rate completion of 80.2%

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/40027/History/Jonjo-Shelvey
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 22:02]
JJS on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 799 viewsHighjack

JJS on 21:29 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why are you lying? Off the top of my head I can think of a whole thread dedicated to praising Fabianski.

I will take a lie detector test.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

JJS on 21:34 - Aug 24 with 799 viewsPozuelosSideys

Hes 22 ffs!!!

For his age, he has bags of talent and ability. He has an ability to pick a pass no other player we have can see. Yes, he makes mistakes, but thats inexperience. Give it a rest.

If you want to pick on something , pick on his conditioning eh?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

JJS on 21:38 - Aug 24 with 792 viewsDavillin

JJS on 21:27 - Aug 24 by Highjack

Goodness, when I looked in the mirror as you suggested, I saw your avatar! Aiyee!

Seriously, unlike you, I have seen far more "good words" about our players than bad ones. What I do see about the others is not all "bad," but mostly disagreement, some good and some bad.

If this post was aimed at me, I'm sorry to have offended your sensibilities. I just couldn't let someone attack another poster without giving some objective support.

Finally, no-one has posted with any conviction that our players deserved only "good words," not even you, I expect.

JJS on 21:54 - Aug 24 with 774 viewsA_Fans_Dad

JJS on 21:38 - Aug 24 by Davillin

Goodness, when I looked in the mirror as you suggested, I saw your avatar! Aiyee!

Seriously, unlike you, I have seen far more "good words" about our players than bad ones. What I do see about the others is not all "bad," but mostly disagreement, some good and some bad.

If this post was aimed at me, I'm sorry to have offended your sensibilities. I just couldn't let someone attack another poster without giving some objective support.

Finally, no-one has posted with any conviction that our players deserved only "good words," not even you, I expect.

Except it wasn't "Objective" was it?
JJS on 23:13 - Aug 24 with 735 viewsStarsky

I disagree.
I think he has something to offer and he's young enough to develop into a more consistent player

It's just the internet, init.

JJS on 23:17 - Aug 24 with 733 viewsDavillin

JJS on 21:33 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Dear Davillin, I was not speaking to you, however as you have taken it upon yourself to intervene with your own Garbage about Jonjo Shelvey perhaps you would like to appologise.
2013/2014 Premier Season 29 appearances, 6 Goals 6 assists and a pass rate completion of 83%, 1325 passes.
2013/2014 IUC 3 appearances and a pass rate completion of 86%
2014/2015 Premier Season 2 appearances and a pass rate completion of 80.2%

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/40027/History/Jonjo-Shelvey
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 22:02]

Let me see. You insult me by calling a respectful post "garbage," and then you suggest that I apologize?

Aprés vous, garçon.

p.s. This is a football board where people post their opinions. When those opinions are not the same of yours, your insulting the poster is disrespectful and does not constitute rational discourse.

p.s.2 Sorry there are no numbers to prove my points, which are, for the most part, different from the numbers you give, and I can't be arsed to do the work to find them. It'd be a waste of my time anyway, as your mind's made up.

JJS on 23:20 - Aug 24 with 724 viewsDavillin

JJS on 23:13 - Aug 24 by Starsky

I disagree.
I think he has something to offer and he's young enough to develop into a more consistent player

May I respectfully suggest that "having something to offer" is not good enough for this league and this style of play; and being "young enough to develop into a more consistent player" is not good enough for this league, this style of play, and this season.

Do not be insulted if I call your post "wishful thinking."

JJS on 23:26 - Aug 24 with 716 viewsDavillin

JJS on 21:54 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Except it wasn't "Objective" was it?

First, I quoted the post at which I was "aiming."

Second, you could not have offended my sensibilities, although that has happened once on this site.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what "wasn't "Objective." The post of mine to which you were replying was certainly objective. I didn't just make a general statement. I gave my a number of reasons, none of which were remotely ad hominem to either the poster or the player.

JJS on 23:40 - Aug 24 with 692 viewsStarsky

JJS on 23:20 - Aug 24 by Davillin

May I respectfully suggest that "having something to offer" is not good enough for this league and this style of play; and being "young enough to develop into a more consistent player" is not good enough for this league, this style of play, and this season.

Do not be insulted if I call your post "wishful thinking."

For me, football is a roller coaster. We cheer we groan.
Shelvey made me jump out of my seat punching the air when he scored those wonderful goals against Liverpool & Aston Villa.
Anybody who can make me do that is worth developing.
Nothing wrong with wishful thinking. I' always try to see the good in people, in and out of football.

JJS on 23:42 - Aug 24 with 681 viewsBanosswan

The quote system is causing carnage with people misunderstanding things tonight!

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

JJS on 00:02 - Aug 25 with 665 viewsStarsky

JJS on 23:42 - Aug 24 by Banosswan

The quote system is causing carnage with people misunderstanding things tonight!

Yes. I think it'll be 2-1

JJS on 00:08 - Aug 25 with 654 viewsLiberty

Thank fcuk we didn't lose yesterday..... can you imagine ?

Great first half, poor second, not enough options on bench.

JJS tries outstanding passes, many come off, sometimes fails on the simple stuff. Needs to control his temper / aggression , but if that is what makes him.

Too young to write off, give hime more time, mature a bit.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

JJS on 00:09 - Aug 25 with 655 viewsBanosswan

I assume that's aimed at me....

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

JJS on 00:32 - Aug 25 with 628 viewsbluenile

JJS on 11:42 - Aug 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

Had a decent first half .

He disappeared 2 nd half along with the other midfielders .

Decent first half.............never in a million years, and almost cost us a goal in the first few minutes..........he looks overweight.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

JJS on 00:40 - Aug 25 with 625 viewsKulusBeatFactory

JJS on 19:31 - Aug 24 by A_Fans_Dad

What an absolute load of garbage.
He has had some very good games and made some critical passes and is always looking to find space to receive the ball.
Yesterday was definitely a very off day for him.

from this and subsequent posts it seems u too lack the requisite intelligence to play in the system
JJS on 01:23 - Aug 25 with 603 viewsHighjack

Shelvey has been brilliant for us.

JJS on 07:01 - Aug 25 with 564 viewsDr_Winston

JJS on 01:23 - Aug 25 by Highjack

Shelvey has been brilliant for us.

He has occasionally been brilliant for us. He has occasionally been dire. He has occasionally been both in the same game. That's Shelvey at this point in his footballing development.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

JJS on 07:33 - Aug 25 with 552 viewsHighjack

No player is constantly brilliant. I think people expect far too much of our players.

JJS on 07:42 - Aug 25 with 547 viewsDr_Winston

JJS on 07:33 - Aug 25 by Highjack

No player is constantly brilliant. I think people expect far too much of our players.

True, but you can be consistently decent and occasionally brilliant.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024