Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JJS 10:46 - Aug 24 with 4906 viewsSS2013

Not seen a thread about him, so apologies if I've missed it.

What was going on yesterday ? Tired ? Overworked ?

It was interesting that MOTD showed 3 nice passes from him, but I think that's the worst performance I've seen from him as of yet.

Hopefully things can only get better.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

JJS on 23:18 - Aug 25 with 432 viewsmonmouth

I think he's a serious asset. We don't have many players that can drive at the opposition and see the passes he does.

But............I think he's an attacking mid and is really competing with the Sig...and therefore he would start on the bench for me when Leon is fit as I think leon/Ki/Sig combo will give a good balance. He often frustrates me too. There's real good there too though...he played a massive part in wins against Newcastle, Fulham, Villa and Norwich last season that made a big difference to us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

JJS on 23:22 - Aug 25 with 425 viewslondonlisa2001

JJS on 23:01 - Aug 25 by Davillin

I know where you're coming from. Thanks for your usual rational and clear observations.

Let me make a reference to some of your verbs, conditional phrases, and reservations, with a comment:

"at this point in time," "may well come in time," "If he can develop that technique . . . and strengthened his mind," "he could become a very special player," "Because that awareness, on the pitch, at a fast pace -- that is the bit that they can't coach."

I agree with them all. And I agree that they should keep him from playing "for 90 minutes every game." My reaction is that I would not start him, and that in essence, he would not play for me with these characteristics [I would have used the word "weaknesses" or "deficiencies" there, but the backlash to either word would have been fierce.]

and I know what you mean as well.

It's just that his innate talent and sense of awareness on the pitch means that I would work with him, on coaxing that talent out of him, on helping him work to get to the point where his technique matches up to his awareness.

If he didn't see so much on the pitch, then ironically he would look more accomplished, since he would make the easier pass rather than what looks like a Hollywood pass. I don't think he's trying the ridiculous for the sake of it though, it's not just hit and hope, it's that he is seeing that space, that opportunity to create, but he can't quite complete it at the moment. What I think he should do though, is realise that at the moment, his technique doesn't always allow it, and therefore even though he sees what would be 'best' he has to accept that sometimes it's better to do what is achievable, even if it is not ideal. That's coaching and maturity.

But it's a difficult balance, because if we coached him to always do the achievable, then we'll never know whether he could get to the point where his technique matches what he's seeing - if he can get there, then he could become a rare player and a future great.

By the way - the reason that I think he could get there, is because he does it often enough to show that it is possible rather than a fluke. He, and we, need to be a little patient.
JJS on 23:31 - Aug 25 with 410 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

JJS on 23:22 - Aug 25 by londonlisa2001

It's just that his innate talent and sense of awareness on the pitch means that I would work with him, on coaxing that talent out of him, on helping him work to get to the point where his technique matches up to his awareness.

If he didn't see so much on the pitch, then ironically he would look more accomplished, since he would make the easier pass rather than what looks like a Hollywood pass. I don't think he's trying the ridiculous for the sake of it though, it's not just hit and hope, it's that he is seeing that space, that opportunity to create, but he can't quite complete it at the moment. What I think he should do though, is realise that at the moment, his technique doesn't always allow it, and therefore even though he sees what would be 'best' he has to accept that sometimes it's better to do what is achievable, even if it is not ideal. That's coaching and maturity.

But it's a difficult balance, because if we coached him to always do the achievable, then we'll never know whether he could get to the point where his technique matches what he's seeing - if he can get there, then he could become a rare player and a future great.

By the way - the reason that I think he could get there, is because he does it often enough to show that it is possible rather than a fluke. He, and we, need to be a little patient.

He had a spell last season, during the middle of the season, where he did what you said and rarely went for the Hollywood ball unless it was clearly open and possible to complete.

Then towards the end of the season he reverted to his usual self and that has continued into this season. It's a lack of discipline. I agree he has talent but is it worth having a liability in the centre of midfield in hope he may one day come good? Especially as a bigger club will pick him up instantly if he ever does fulfil the potential he sometimes shows.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

JJS on 23:32 - Aug 25 with 412 viewsairedale

JJS on 23:22 - Aug 25 by londonlisa2001

Yes, good point.
JJS on 23:38 - Aug 25 with 400 viewslondonlisa2001

JJS on 23:31 - Aug 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He had a spell last season, during the middle of the season, where he did what you said and rarely went for the Hollywood ball unless it was clearly open and possible to complete.

Then towards the end of the season he reverted to his usual self and that has continued into this season. It's a lack of discipline. I agree he has talent but is it worth having a liability in the centre of midfield in hope he may one day come good? Especially as a bigger club will pick him up instantly if he ever does fulfil the potential he sometimes shows.

that's why I think he should spend some time with our sports psychologists and also shouldn't be used for 90 mins every game.

But yes, I do think it's worth the gamble, because as I said, I think he could become a very very special player. And, yes, at that point, he could well go to a big club, but those players who are really game changers are worth a fortune. I'd like to make sure that we always keep him on long contracts to protect ourselves though.

I think the way he looks (older than he is) and the length of time that he's been around does mean that we all forget what a young player he is - he's got a good 10 years left at the top, and I think he could spend a lot of that with us (I think his personality suits us as a club down to the ground).
JJS on 02:36 - Aug 29 with 294 viewsLiberty

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-s-midfield-unit-isn-t-funct

How the frig, Leighton gets paid for this.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024