Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League 07:03 - Aug 25 with 3846 viewsShonky

We now have two players interested.

If we can get 12 together we can have our own league. You will have a few days to aquaint yourself with the process. Its quite involved but it can be great fun.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/games/free

This is the sign up page( or it will take you to it)
Live draft a week tonight(Mon) ( 9pm)
Pm me for password. League is called Planetswans . (For supporters of Swansea city.)

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 18:39 - Aug 25 with 3007 viewsShonky

Winner gets a packet of crisps in the flavour of their choice.( providing they choose tescos stripey ready salted)
By the way we now have three players.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 18:42]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 22:55 - Aug 25 with 2980 viewsC_jack

edit - wrong thread
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 22:56]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 15:43 - Aug 26 with 2934 viewsShonky

Ok we have 4 players now. Come on everyone you know you want to join.

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 16:42 - Aug 26 with 2919 viewsGONZO

In a few fantasy leagues already but there's always room for one more! PM me the password and I'll sign up.
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 2870 viewsShonky

Its looking doubtful that we will get 12 players by Mon. I'm going to create an open league. I Will call it Jackarmy. This way people can join without an invite. Feel free to join. Those of you already registered can use the change league facility. We might end up with some randoms in the group but its worth a shot.

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 10:50 - Aug 30 with 2863 viewsC_jack

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 10:29 - Aug 30 by Shonky

Its looking doubtful that we will get 12 players by Mon. I'm going to create an open league. I Will call it Jackarmy. This way people can join without an invite. Feel free to join. Those of you already registered can use the change league facility. We might end up with some randoms in the group but its worth a shot.

How many more did you need? I'll be able to join now

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 11:58 - Aug 30 with 2850 viewsShonky

We had 4 plus jonny said he would join if we had enough. I have started the public league now so its no different if you wish to join us. There is a much better chance of filling the spots this way as well. Edit I have just checked and someone has joined already. I'm not sure if they are fans of Swansea city, but then I'm not sure a lot of people who post on here are so we should be used to that.

Just to re-iterate, the league is now called Jackarmy.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 12:01]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 13:17 - Aug 30 with 2825 viewsAquinas

I'll get involved.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 16:22 - Aug 30 with 2812 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 22:20 - Aug 30 with 2783 viewsShonky

Ok there are 7 spots gone now. 5 left. I imagine they will go before Monday as I have no way of limiting who joins.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 23:18]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 00:07 - Aug 31 with 2767 viewsDrizzy

I'll do it too. Anyone got a quick guide to fantasy football for beginners?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 06:41 - Aug 31 with 2748 viewsShonky

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 00:07 - Aug 31 by Drizzy

I'll do it too. Anyone got a quick guide to fantasy football for beginners?

Its full now. It was either not get a draft at all or get swamped like has happened. You can still easily find a league to join though. Its a lot of fun, especially if you enjoy NFL.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2014 6:55]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 13:28 - Aug 31 with 2707 viewsC_jack

Did a mock draft earlier, really good fun, but make no mistake there is a strategy involved, including what position you pick. I went at 3 and found myself quite far back in the round, and having to watch good picks go ahead of me. I ended up with this

Brees, Drew QB
Thomas, Pierre Rb
Williams, DeAngelo Rb
Cooks, Brandin WR
Decker, Eric WR
Cooper, Riley RB-WR
Davis, Vernon TE
Gould, Robbie K
Seahawks DST

Kaepernick, Colin QB
Starks, James RB
Baldwin, Doug RB-WR
Watkins, Sammy RB-WR
Pettigrew, Brandon TE

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 14:14 - Aug 31 with 2686 viewsJonnyTheJack

I've done 2 drafts so far. Got my last one tonight. Drafted at #9 in all three.

First team was:
QB- Romo, Cutler
RB- Lacy (Can't believe he fell to me at 9), Mathews, Bell and Gerhart.
WR: D Thomas, Cobb, Crabtree, Decker, Maclin
TE: Rudolph, Clay
Kicker- Bryant
Def- Bucs

2nd team was:
QB- Ryan
RB- Morris, Stacy, Gore, Ingram, D williams
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Garcon, Hilton, Tate
TE- Ertz, Green
Kicker- Vinatieri
Def- Bucs

It all depends where you draft. At 9 the top 5 RB's are usually gone and the rest are all a bit meh. So many good receivers though this year.
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 14:17 - Aug 31 with 2683 viewsC_jack

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 14:14 - Aug 31 by JonnyTheJack

I've done 2 drafts so far. Got my last one tonight. Drafted at #9 in all three.

First team was:
QB- Romo, Cutler
RB- Lacy (Can't believe he fell to me at 9), Mathews, Bell and Gerhart.
WR: D Thomas, Cobb, Crabtree, Decker, Maclin
TE: Rudolph, Clay
Kicker- Bryant
Def- Bucs

2nd team was:
QB- Ryan
RB- Morris, Stacy, Gore, Ingram, D williams
WR- AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Garcon, Hilton, Tate
TE- Ertz, Green
Kicker- Vinatieri
Def- Bucs

It all depends where you draft. At 9 the top 5 RB's are usually gone and the rest are all a bit meh. So many good receivers though this year.

Did you go for the top WR/RB first?

I was surprised how many QB's were left in the later rounds, coudl have picked up someone like Aaron Rodgers in Round 4.

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 15:09 - Aug 31 with 2672 viewsJonnyTheJack

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 14:17 - Aug 31 by C_jack

Did you go for the top WR/RB first?

I was surprised how many QB's were left in the later rounds, coudl have picked up someone like Aaron Rodgers in Round 4.

In my 1st one I picked Lacy at 9 then Demaryius Thomas at 11. Was amazed Lacy made it to 9 but that was because a couple of people went for Rodgers and Peyton in round 1 If I remember correctly.

In my 2nd one I went Calvin Johnson at 9 then Green at 11. The top RB's were taken. Peterson, Mccoy, Charles, Forte, Lacy and Lynch aswell all went before my pick.

I usually wait on a QB. Rodgers, Manning and Brees seem to be going in the first couple of rounds just because they'll put up ridiculous numbers each week. Guaranteed 20-30 points each week with 1 of them.
My last draft is tonight, a keeper league where you keep 3 players from your team from last season so this draft tonight is going to be a little different.
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 19:13 - Sep 1 with 2622 viewscsf

Looking forward to this. It's the first draft I've done that I haven't used autopick. Did a couple of mocks yeaterday and really don't know enough about the league as a whole to do well, but looking forward to a bit of a laugh.
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 2613 viewsShonky

You are picking 10th. May be a bit late to start reading this.

http://10408315799.football.cbssports.com/news/24646155

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 00:12 - Sep 2 with 2584 viewsC_jack

Thatt was enjoyable.

Lacking serious quality at RB with Shane Vereen my highest ranked pick at 18, but I'm of the mind that the RB is being increasingly over valued in a passing league, or that's my excuse anyway!

Picked up Megatron in my first pick, and then added Stafford as my QB. Not sure if that was the right decision, banking on the Lions doing well.

Similarly, picked up both Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas at TE in early rounds, giving me serious muscle, at the expense of other positions.

QB: M Stafford

RB: S Vereen, P Thomas, D McCluster, J Starks (R), C Michael (R)

WR: C Johnson, R Wayne, W Welker, H Douglas (R)

TE: V Davis, J Thomas (R)

K: S Hauschka

DST: Pats

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 08:36 - Sep 2 with 2547 viewsShonky

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 00:12 - Sep 2 by C_jack

Thatt was enjoyable.

Lacking serious quality at RB with Shane Vereen my highest ranked pick at 18, but I'm of the mind that the RB is being increasingly over valued in a passing league, or that's my excuse anyway!

Picked up Megatron in my first pick, and then added Stafford as my QB. Not sure if that was the right decision, banking on the Lions doing well.

Similarly, picked up both Vernon Davis and Julius Thomas at TE in early rounds, giving me serious muscle, at the expense of other positions.

QB: M Stafford

RB: S Vereen, P Thomas, D McCluster, J Starks (R), C Michael (R)

WR: C Johnson, R Wayne, W Welker, H Douglas (R)

TE: V Davis, J Thomas (R)

K: S Hauschka

DST: Pats

There was a lot of love shown for tight ends yesterday. The guy who drafted a kicker in round 4( not even the best kicker) drafted Antonio Gates in round 3 .

It was the best draft of the four I did purely because usually everyone remains silent. It was the funnest draft I can remember as it goes.( my 6th year now)
Looks like CJ and Banos have a season long battle. Both in the East. That means they meet twice. CSF and myself appear to be alone as Jacks in our divisions(unless some people are going incognito?) It will add extra spice to certain games now anyway as we all play each other at least once over the season.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 8:43]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 08:47 - Sep 2 with 2531 viewsShonky

Waivers are processed 6 am wednesday/friday (Midnight ET) There are usually podcasts on mon or tue highlighting the best pickups. You have to hope you are high up the waiver order as there is usually competition for these players, as injuries,busts and breakouts can leave your lineups looking very different by the end of the season.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 8:49]

Its just a ride...

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 09:15 - Sep 2 with 2508 viewscsf

Going through stuff this morning, I'm happier than I was last night. I got Rodgers at QB and Graham at Tight End. Not as weak as I thought at receiver if the Panthers rookie handles himself and Harvin doesnt get injured. I'm hoping Reggie Bush will have a resurgence this year and produce more form like he did against the Jags in preseason.
NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 2483 viewsC_jack

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 08:36 - Sep 2 by Shonky

There was a lot of love shown for tight ends yesterday. The guy who drafted a kicker in round 4( not even the best kicker) drafted Antonio Gates in round 3 .

It was the best draft of the four I did purely because usually everyone remains silent. It was the funnest draft I can remember as it goes.( my 6th year now)
Looks like CJ and Banos have a season long battle. Both in the East. That means they meet twice. CSF and myself appear to be alone as Jacks in our divisions(unless some people are going incognito?) It will add extra spice to certain games now anyway as we all play each other at least once over the season.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 8:43]

They must have been an add on, who got bored and fancied experimenting, He drafted two kickers!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2014 12:26]

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 13:37 - Sep 2 with 2470 viewsJackSomething

I was a bit late for this, but will be picking my NFLUK.com team sometime this week. Anyone want to set up a Planet Swans league on there? And no, I'm not volunteering myself.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 13:44 - Sep 2 with 2463 viewsC_jack

NFL - Planetswans Fantasy Football League on 13:37 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

I was a bit late for this, but will be picking my NFLUK.com team sometime this week. Anyone want to set up a Planet Swans league on there? And no, I'm not volunteering myself.

There you go

League name: 'Planet Swans'

Password: NFLSwans1

http://www.nfluk.com/fantasy/index.html

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024