Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 21s 14:51 - Aug 25 with 4006 viewslondonlisa2001

I notice that the under 21s are playing this afternoon at Ipswich and that we have Gallifuoco playing for us. Is that the same one that played for Spurs? Has he joined us then?
Under 21s on 14:59 - Aug 25 with 3976 viewsPrivate_Partz

Looks like tough game for us. They have a few first teamers in - including Chops!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Under 21s on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 3964 viewsSTEVE1

He was released by spurs at the end of last season he could be on trial I think you can pay trialists in that league.
Under 21s on 15:01 - Aug 25 with 3961 viewsPrivate_Partz

Under 21s on 14:59 - Aug 25 by Private_Partz

Looks like tough game for us. They have a few first teamers in - including Chops!

As you were. I was checking their site after Lisa' s comments and the report was 2 years old!!
I'll get my coat :-(

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Under 21s on 15:02 - Aug 25 with 3955 viewstomdickharry

Did you notice it on the official site?
Under 21s on 15:06 - Aug 25 with 3934 viewsDaggyjack

Yes, the same one Lisa, he was released by Spurs at the end of last season.
Under 21s on 15:10 - Aug 25 with 3914 viewsSwanjaxs

Would have been nice if the club had posted updates from this game, even on Twitter
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 15:13]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Under 21s on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 3908 viewslondonlisa2001

Under 21s on 15:02 - Aug 25 by tomdickharry

Did you notice it on the official site?

You must be joking !

No I looked after Phil's post about Kingsley to see who else was playing for us and as usual the official site makes no mention of it whatsoever. So I did what I normally find better in these situations and looked on Ipswich's site where I found both team line ups including Gallifuoco. I only noticed his name because the London papers have mentioned him before (with Spurs). I think he's an Aussie, but was one of those 'top prospects' that the papers talk about.

I wish that our site carried some info about the 21s - given that they're a 'development squad' it's nice from time to time to have a look out to see the players that could be coming through.
Under 21s on 15:12 - Aug 25 with 3903 viewslondonlisa2001

Under 21s on 15:06 - Aug 25 by Daggyjack

Yes, the same one Lisa, he was released by Spurs at the end of last season.

thanks - haven't seen anything about him mentioned from us, so assume he is on trial then.
Login to get fewer ads

Under 21s on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 3889 viewsSwanjaxs

We lost 1-0 apparently

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Under 21s on 16:40 - Aug 25 with 3762 viewsDaggyjack

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25663/strong-u21s-side-but-no-collison-o

Teams taken from an Ipswich website.

Gallifuoco was sub.
Under 21s on 17:06 - Aug 25 with 3725 viewsPacemaker

Under 21s on 16:40 - Aug 25 by Daggyjack

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/25663/strong-u21s-side-but-no-collison-o

Teams taken from an Ipswich website.

Gallifuoco was sub.

Doesn't look like he was picked on the actual line up.

U21s: Crowe, Hewitt, Parr, Bru, Sowunmi, Clarke (c), Galvin (McLoughlin 78), Bishop, McQueen, Bajner, Henshall. Unused: Marsden, Robinson, Willbye, Ramadan.

Swansea: Cornell, Roberts, Hanley, Jones (Scott), Kingsley, Tancock (c), Shephard (Hedges), King, Samuel, March, Gorre (Hedges). Unused: Zabret, Gogic.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Under 21s on 18:55 - Aug 25 with 3579 viewsChief

Under 21s on 17:06 - Aug 25 by Pacemaker

Doesn't look like he was picked on the actual line up.

U21s: Crowe, Hewitt, Parr, Bru, Sowunmi, Clarke (c), Galvin (McLoughlin 78), Bishop, McQueen, Bajner, Henshall. Unused: Marsden, Robinson, Willbye, Ramadan.

Swansea: Cornell, Roberts, Hanley, Jones (Scott), Kingsley, Tancock (c), Shephard (Hedges), King, Samuel, March, Gorre (Hedges). Unused: Zabret, Gogic.

Hedges gets about doesn't he. Seems he replaced two players from the bench. Rolling subs?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Under 21s on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 3549 viewsPrivate_Partz

Under 21s on 15:16 - Aug 25 by Swanjaxs

We lost 1-0 apparently

U21s continue to tear up trees. The sooner we get Cat 1 status the better I think. This provides a higher standard of reserve team competition I believe although I am open to correction.

Under 21s on 19:24 - Aug 25 with 3525 viewslondonlisa2001

Under 21s on 19:17 - Aug 25 by Private_Partz

U21s continue to tear up trees. The sooner we get Cat 1 status the better I think. This provides a higher standard of reserve team competition I believe although I am open to correction.

to be slightly fair, they had 5 first teamers playing. Don't disagree with the sentiment though.
Under 21s on 19:25 - Aug 25 with 3517 viewsPacemaker

Under 21s on 18:55 - Aug 25 by Chief

Hedges gets about doesn't he. Seems he replaced two players from the bench. Rolling subs?

Missed that it could explain why he did not appear on the roster

Under 21s on 19:28 - Aug 25 with 3501 viewsAngelRangelQS

Also there'll be some of our better youngsters involved tomorrow
Under 21s on 20:56 - Aug 25 with 3380 viewsPacemaker

Report on game by local paper, they had 6 first team squad players so no wonder we were struggling. No real stand out players for us according to report see below;

Six first-team players turned out for Ipswich Town’s under 21 side as they beat their Swansea City counterparts in the season opener at Playford Road.

But free agent Jack Collison — who has been training at the club and could be offered a short-term deal by manager Mick McCarthy this week — was not included in the 16-man squad.

Nor was former Blue Darren Ambrose who has also spent time with the squad since being released by Birmingham last season.

Instead summer signings Kevin Bru, Balint Bajner, Alex Henshall and Jonathan Parr (returning from a pre-season injury) started along with defenders Elliot Hewitt and captain Matt Clarke, whose senior debut came in the 1-0 defeat at Crawley Town in the Capital One Cup.

The two full-backs impressed the most out of those six, Parr a model of calmness throughout while Hewitt’s runs down the right wing were one of the home team’s more effective threats.

And it was the young Welshman who scored the only goal of the game when he leapt highest to meet a Bajner cross from inside the box and nod past David Cornell in the Swansea goal.

McCarthy, who was watching from the touchline, could be heard congratulating Hewitt as the teams reset for the kick-off and the 20-year-old has certainly done his chances of getting back into the first team no harm.

Ipswich controlled large parts of the game, goalkeeper Michael Crowe having little to do for much of the match as Swansea found themselves pinned back in their own half.

Most of the home side’s chances came via the wings, Hewitt and Parr keen to get forward and put in crosses or cut the ball back for the midfield to run at the visiting defence.

This was typified by 18-year-old Irishman Cory Galvin who, wearing the number seven shirt, was always quick to run at his opponents and put the wind up defenders unable to match him for pace or strength despite his small stature.

Other promising youth players included Clarke and Omar Sowumni, the central defensive pair towering over almost all of the Swans side and mopping up the visitors’ long balls forward, which seemed to be their primary tactic.

When Swansea did keep the ball on the deck midfielder Liam Shephard and left-back Raheem Hanley were the two who stood out the most, the former fashioning a few chances for his team before being substituted while the latter kept Hewitt busy throughout the 90 minutes.

Despite playing well Town struggled to find that killer final ball regularly, and it was this rather than standout defensive work from Swansea which limited their clear-cut chances.

Bajner spent most of the match holding up the ball while his teammates rushed forward and in the 74th minute he did just that on the left edge of the box.

After shrugging off the unwanted attention the Hungarian floated in a cross which was met in the air by Hewitt just outside the six-yard box, whose header back across goal drifted beyond a helpless Cornell.

Player ratings

Ipswich Town

1 Michael Crowe; Composed when called upon. 7

2 Elliot Hewitt; Good all round and scored like a striker. 9

5 Omar Sowumni; Strong and reliable. 7

6 Matt Clarke (cpt); Organised defence and led from the back. 8

3 Jonathan Parr; Experience and quality showed. 7

7 Cory Galvin; Ran at defenders, looks promising. 7

4 Kevin Bru; Solid but unspectacular. 6

8 Teddy Bishop; Did the simple things well. 6

11 Alex Henshall; Linked well with Parr on left. 7

10 Balint Bajner; Unselfish and hard working. 7

9 Darren McQueen; Suffered against taller opponents. 6

Subs

12 Jacob Marsden (not used)

14 Joe Robinson (not used)

15 Jack Willbye (not used)

16 Shane McLaughlin 6 (Galvin, 77)

17 Cemal Ramadan (not used)

Bookings: None. Sendings off: None

Swansea City

1 David Cornell; Not at fault for goal. 6

2 Connor Roberts; Fashioned a few chances. 6

5 Stephen Kingsley; Pressurised by Town attackers. 6

6 Scott Tancock (cpt); Tidy but average. 6

3 Raheem Hanley; Looked good going forward. 7

7 Liam Shephard; One of Swansea’s better performers

4 Henry Jones; Booked for clumsy challenge. 6

8 Adam King; Fairly anonymous. 5

11 Kenji Gorre; Promising movements foiled by Hewitt. 7

10 Kurtis March; Didn’t trouble Clarke and Sowumni. 5

9 Alex Samuel; Good pace but outmuscled by defenders. 6

Subs

12 Ryan Hedges 6 (Gorre, 77)

13 Gregor Zabret

14 Alex Gogic

15 Giancarlo Gallifuoco 6 (Shephard, 63)

16 Kris Scott 6 (Jones, 67)

Bookings: Jones (53), Hanley (89)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024